110 replies to this topic

#21 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 November 2021 - 12:24 AM

If anyone doesn't own a BJ-A at this point buy one asap.

#22 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 12:33 AM

10% ECM target sensor range reduction => This simply improving the existing ECM-efficiency by 10 percent (increasing the diameter of the Jesus-Bubble?) or does it work otherwise? Posted Image

#23 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 November 2021 - 12:53 AM

My own personal guess (as a fellow avid MWO'er) is that the Blood Asp chassis might get mech quirks on/about Jan 18th 2022, when the Predator Booster Pack would be launched.

It's happened with other mech chassis before (eg: Timber Wolf & Dire Wolf in the Warden Booster Pack).
Just my guess ;)

View Postchaosshade2638, on 19 November 2021 - 02:33 PM, said:

Still no word on the Blood Asp huh? I mean c'mon... the set of eight desperately needs rebuilding on a lot of variants.

#24 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:15 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 20 November 2021 - 12:33 AM, said:

10% ECM target sensor range reduction => This simply improving the existing ECM-efficiency by 10 percent (increasing the diameter of the Jesus-Bubble?) or does it work otherwise? Posted Image

The size (radius) of the bubble is always 120m.
This quirk decreases the detection range of an enemy mech by an additional 10%

FYI, base ECM reduces the enemy detection range to 70% of their max sensor range. Each ECM skill nodes adds another 22.5% to that reduction.

On this urbie with full ECM skills unlocked, the enemy will be able to detect you at 15% of their max sensor range.

Edited by Navid A1, 20 November 2021 - 01:16 AM.

#25 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:32 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 November 2021 - 01:15 AM, said:

FYI, base ECM reduces the enemy detection range to 70% of their max sensor range. Each ECM skill nodes adds another 22.5% to that reduction.

On this urbie with full ECM skills unlocked, the enemy will be able to detect you at 15% of their max sensor range.

I wish such info would be available in the official MWO Wiki. Posted Image

#26 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:17 AM

Thank you and a lovely/creative addition quirk-wise! Posted Image

#27 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 November 2021 - 05:42 AM

I love the effort to make the omnis interesting/unique, and the effort to make some of the rarely seen, IS dross, variants a little better (e.g., the armor quirks on the Phracts are going to be super helpful, for the most part, but I think the 4X needs something more (a lot more) to overcome its negatives) .

Speaking of dross, the Quickdraws remain patiently waiting for something...anything.

#28 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:13 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 November 2021 - 12:57 PM, said:

Next month (December 14th update) we'll have the brand new Quick Play map, based on the Faction Play map Hellbore Springs, which we'll be sharing in more detail over the coming weeks.

Awesome.

Edited by Commander James Raynor, 20 November 2021 - 07:14 AM.

#29 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:12 AM

Can't wait to see the new map.

#30 ECascanbe

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:30 AM

Thanks so much for the quirk passes. I have only played this game for a few months but it breathes a lot excitement in the game. Some that I would love to see:

-Spider line should be able to carry 3 artillery and have a baked-in artillery perk, like what was done lately with the Raven and UAVs. In the lore, Spiders are spotters and they tend to have lackluster damage potential so this would address both.
-I hope with the Firestarter quirk pass they get some bold flamer perks. A small range bonus feels lackluster. Not like flamers are OP anyhow since you rarely see them.
-The latest perks to the Locust IV were great. The MG perks were exactly what it needed. It made ZERO sense to do anything other than a single big laser before those perks were added. I think adding a velocity perk to it as well would promote more PPC-based builds without further buffing laser builds.

#31 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 10:46 AM

And I was hoping the CTF-4X would get a higher engine cap. At least the best 3LPL mech in the game, my beloved Fang, gets even stronger.

#32 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 11:25 AM

Exponential damage fall off needed for HPPC

#33 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:44 PM

In other words, if they don't have sensor buffs they won't see you until they're already in the range of your bubble.
Not stealth armor, but damn close to it.

#34 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:13 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 20 November 2021 - 05:42 AM, said:

I love the effort to make the omnis interesting/unique, and the effort to make some of the rarely seen, IS dross, variants a little better (e.g., the armor quirks on the Phracts are going to be super helpful, for the most part, but I think the 4X needs something more (a lot more) to overcome its negatives) .

Speaking of dross, the Quickdraws remain patiently waiting for something...anything.

I dunno if the 4X needs to much more in the way of improvements. Mine runs a LE 250 with 2x RAC-5s and 2x UAC-2s, and the damn thing curbstomps in stare downs. It is better to use 2x AC-2s instead of the UAC-2s if you haven't maxed heat gen and operations tho, as even with the jams, it still overheats when pushed to engage multiple mechs back to back.

The 2X is the one I feel is wimpest, compared to every other Phract, it just can't put out the same TTK, though that probably has more to do with the 2X Splat focused hardpoints. Most Cataphract can hit 40 pinpoint damage bare minimum; quite a few can go northwards of 60 direct damage alpha strikes; the 2X has to run MRMs or SRMs to achieve similar alpha damage, but even the best case scenario is going to see a 40% splat/60% Direct Damage split. It takes noticeable more effort and time to get a kill with the 2X than it does with any other Phract.

Granted, if we were going to improve the 4X, I'd say give it the Black Widow treatment. -10% LBX Spread, -25% UAC Jam chance, -25% RAC Ramp Down duration, -10% Heat, and maybe give it +25 Armor to either arm. Quirk it so that players can choose what manner of ballistics they want to abuse with it, and just make it really damn good at using ALL ballistics; give it some Heat gen to permit for more tonnage to be shifted from heatsinks and into heavy ballistics, MAYBE a light ammo buff quirk (anything more than +25% more ballistic ammo is pushing it), and bulk up the arms to better protect your best assets.

I've always played my 4X like a mini Assault mech; its playstyle is most similar to that of a King Crab. I have no issue with the 4X being as slow as an IS Assault mech; I just want the 4X to feel more like an Assault mech if it's going to be in the same speed bracket as assault mechs; especially if it has to suffer from the Phract's awful geometry and those gawdawful underslung arm mounted hardpoint locations.

And yes, Quickdraws are so meh, I'd sooner pilot a Hellspawn.

Edited by Clay Endfield, 20 November 2021 - 07:40 PM.

#35 Gamaclese 1

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:44 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 19 November 2021 - 02:34 PM, said:

We'll get to them eventually.

Any love on the way for the Summoner at all? Iconic clan mech, struggles with low available tonnage. Even swapping out Ferro for Endo steel would be a quick, easy change - lose no slots, gain a couple spare tons

#36 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:17 PM

View PostGamaclese 1, on 20 November 2021 - 07:44 PM, said:

Any love on the way for the Summoner at all? Iconic clan mech, struggles with low available tonnage. Even swapping out Ferro for Endo steel would be a quick, easy change - lose no slots, gain a couple spare tons

I think it should get like +ballistic ammo quirk. I don't remember if it did already, I don't have summoners.

#37 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 10:29 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 November 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

I think it should get like +ballistic ammo quirk. I don't remember if it did already, I don't have summoners.

Neg, the Summoner lacks this kind of quirk.

#38 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 November 2021 - 10:53 PM

View Postmartian, on 20 November 2021 - 10:29 PM, said:

Neg, the Summoner lacks this kind of quirk.

Yep. Just tried building 2x UAC10 on a summoner via MechDB. Could only pour 4 tons of ammo, but already shaven armor completely off arms, and a bit on legs.

Yeah +25% ammo/ton will definitely do the trick, +50% would be excellent.

#39 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 11:40 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 20 November 2021 - 10:53 PM, said:

Yep. Just tried building 2x UAC10 on a summoner via MechDB. Could only pour 4 tons of ammo, but already shaven armor completely off arms, and a bit on legs.

Yeah +25% ammo/ton will definitely do the trick, +50% would be excellent.

I think that PGI will give such quirk to the Thor eventually.

Why do I think so? There are other similar Clan OmniMechs such as the Man-o'-War, Vulture or the Ryoken that already have been given exactly such quirks for their configurations with ballistic weapons that lack ammo.

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 November 2021 - 03:08 AM

Okay... I must have "Batch Reply Syndrome" because I keep wanting to reply to several people at one shot, can't get back to this Thread fast enough for individual replies, and can't keep myself to focusing on only one person at a time... So have a laugh at my expense, for here I go again, visual splits included, even though I'm making myself keep it down to only two people right now... :mellow:

View PostThe Chancelor, on 20 November 2021 - 09:12 AM, said:

Can't wait to see the new map.

You can see some "Work In Progress" visuals of it in the "2021 October MWO Developer VLog" @ https://mwomercs.com/news/2021/11/2564-mechwarrior-online-october-dev-log already, if you desire to see something immediately. Other than that, please be patient, and they will get around to all of us with the 2021 December MWO Monthly Game Patch (No Link Available as of when this is posted!!!) in due time. B)

View PostNavid A1, on 19 November 2021 - 02:34 PM, said:

We'll get to them eventually.

Hi there, Navid A1... So far, I think the Cauldron has been doing a rather good job on getting MWO back into a less-choked state of affairs. Definitely good for everyone involved. :D

Then it happens that I was looking at this month's changes, and this stood out to me (more like sucker-punched me rather hard in my own nose) in the Patch Notes information, particularly the line which I've accentuated...

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 November 2021 - 12:57 PM, said:

MAULER

MAL-1R:
  • Removed -5% Ballistic cooldown
  • Convert -10% LRM cooldown to -5% missile cooldown
  • Added -5% cooldown
MAL-1P:
  • Removed -5% ballistic cooldown
  • Removed -10% missile cooldown
  • Removed -10% AC2 cooldown
  • Added -10% cooldown
  • Added -10% LBX spread
MAL-2P:
  • Removed -10% ballistic cooldown
  • Removed -10% missile cooldown
  • Added -10% cooldown
  • October patch: -25% UAC Heat
MAL-KO:
  • Removed -10% LRM cooldown
  • Convert 10% LRM velocity to 10% missile velocity
  • Increased LBX spread to -10%
  • Added -10% heat

...and I got left to ask the following....... Why does it seem like the Mauler's MAL-KO "Knockout" Variant is taking a straight-up Nerf via loss of the "-10% LRM Cooldown" in terms of being an alternate Variant to choose versus the MAL-1R instead??? As an example, this change really hurts Hybrid Builds on the MAL-KO that use LRMs in combination with Ballistics being mounted on the Arm HardPoints for use. For that matter, it even seems to force Missile & Energy MAL-1R mixes over the use of Missile & Ballistic mixes on the battlefields and therefore reduces Build Variety overall from the Mauler Chassis and what options it could have had. I had been starting to think of picking up the Mauler's MAL-KO "Knockout" Variant for my own use, but that change to the MAL-KO may have totally trashed the inclination. So what happened that incurred this change to the MAL-KO Variant's list of Quirks so sharply??? :unsure:

Other than the above confusion, I have also been playing with the Mist Lynx's MLX-Prime Variant recently. Even with using All Six Missile-Related Skill Nodes to help me on a particular Build that took me a few to create, I repeatedly run out of Ammo to keep fighting with even though I make my shots square-on basically every time. So if it's possible, I would like to request an "Extra 25% Missile Ammo Per Ton" Quirk (which comes to "30 SRMs"/"~3 NARCs"/"30 SSRMs"/"60 LRMs"/"~26 ATMs" Per Ton each, if my Math is still any good at all) on the MLX-Prime Left Arm (it is the only OmniPod on all the Mist Lynx's Variants with only a single Missile HardPoint to use, and no other HardPoints present for manipulation) but without altering any other Quirks present on the MLX-Prime Variant's OmniPods at this time. As it is, I'm barely able to keep my MLX-Prime Build's design viable right now, and any unfortunate loss of already-present Quirks would cause that Build to become immediately non-viable on the spot and thoroughly destroyed out of the customized Roles for which the Mech happens to be designed. It would definitely be somewhat of a relief – even if only a very minor one – to receive an "Extra 25% Missile Ammo Per Ton" Quirk added onto that single Mist Lynx Left Arm OmniPod for use in battle... May the MLX-Prime's Left Arm please have that Missile Ammo Quirk to use, and save it (kind of like how the added Ballistic Ammo for the UrbanMech had a similar effect) from being such a lacking OmniPod in the process??? Or is there something blocking additional help for it even though I did not foresee any real problem? If you think that MLX Left Arm needs a bigger Missile Ammo Quirk provided, or that the Set-Of-8 could also stack another 25% (for 50% Total to use) on top of the requested OmniPod boost, then I'm all thumbs-up on the matter because I was only asking for the absolute minimum to bring the Build up to being reasonable. :o

...and then with that pair of hopefully constructive replies done, I shall scoot for now because I have something else which I'm having to crank away at. See you all later. :huh:

~D. V. "finally manages to post some thoughts about 2021-11-23's Patch v1.4.248.0 before it lands" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users