#141 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 December 2021 - 04:58 AM

View PostYllirion, on 21 December 2021 - 04:25 AM, said:

You know me, Staude, and i am plaing FP a lot. Mostly on clanside last two months, and i have no problems with clantech:
laser vomits are great again (like ebj/tmb/new sunspider hero with 2lpl/6erml builds), new poptart meta is great (ac10/ac5+ERPCC combo). 3 ERPPC vapor eagles outtrade slow and big annies.

I've been trying to explain this to 2-3 Clan apologists for 4 maybe 5 months now.

They won't see reason or sense... Just "IS OP".

#142 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:49 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 December 2021 - 04:58 AM, said:

I've been trying to explain this to 2-3 Clan apologists for 4 maybe 5 months now.

They won't see reason or sense... Just "IS OP".

View PostYllirion, on 21 December 2021 - 04:25 AM, said:

You know me, Staude, and i am plaing FP a lot. Mostly on clanside last two months, and i have no problems with clantech:
laser vomits are great again (like ebj/tmb/new sunspider hero with 2lpl/6erml builds), new poptart meta is great (ac10/ac5+ERPCC combo). 3 ERPPC vapor eagles outtrade slow and big annies.

I absolutely agree with you Fp (victories) it only works if the opponent accepts it, if you don't have a free field of fire, it doesn't work I don't want to explain what I mean by that now think you know what i mean time, gens and omega With some cards, the speed and range are irrelevant In the attack you have to go to the base because you have a task different from QP or Comp

A S H
It's good that I don't just play clan, half of my Mechs (676) are IS

Edited by Staude, 21 December 2021 - 05:53 AM.

#143 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 December 2021 - 03:19 PM

If you think speed and range is irrelevant in FP then I dunno what to tell you other than you need to upskill yourself.

Saying it is irrelevant shows a very big lack of understanding of gameplay. After months of back and forth though, a major lack of understanding makes sense. I mean you've tried to Solaris Divisons (1v1) as justification/evidence to prove there is imbalance in QP/FP (12v12) when that is also funamentally wrong.

IS is not OP, Clan is not OP - There is pros and cons to each and as far as balance goes, overall, the game is in the best balanced state it has been in many years.

I honestly don't know what else to say at this point as I don't think you're ever going to accept that no matter the pages of examples many of us provide.

#144 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:00 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 December 2021 - 03:19 PM, said:

If you think speed and range is irrelevant in FP then I dunno what to tell you other than you need to upskill yourself.

Saying it is irrelevant shows a very big lack of understanding of gameplay. After months of back and forth though, a major lack of understanding makes sense. I mean you've tried to Solaris Divisons (1v1) as justification/evidence to prove there is imbalance in QP/FP (12v12) when that is also funamentally wrong.

IS is not OP, Clan is not OP - There is pros and cons to each and as far as balance goes, overall, the game is in the best balanced state it has been in many years.

I honestly don't know what else to say at this point as I don't think you're ever going to accept that no matter the pages of examples many of us provide.

exactly wrong I said that with some maps in the FP the speed and range are irrelevant, not all generalized
please don’t turn the words so that you’re right!
I have never compared Solaris with FP
The statement was that the IS Mechs in the Solaris did particularly well and in the 1 vs 1 Clan Mechs are mostly inferior to them
there will never be a balance, especially in the Fp
just like the statement that all IS Mechs OP I never said you represent it like this
I stick to the statement that some Mech were made particularly strong on the IS side e.g. stalker

#145 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 December 2021 - 05:27 AM

View PostStaude, on 21 December 2021 - 05:00 PM, said:

Spoiler

No wrong at all actually. One only has to look at your post posts, justifications, examples (etc etc etc etc)

REFER ---> Example you made to some kind of balance reference using Solaris 1v1. And yet you display dishonesty by claiming that was not the case.

You have continually made very, very bad examples for the IS is "OP" argument. They are unfounded, they have been proven via new-meta builds and mech choices to be inaccurate and of old-understanding of gameplay. Almost a year old infact.

End of the day if players are unwilling and unable to adapt - that is fine. You can continue on as-is.

However if you expect Cauldron to balance around lack of understanding, you are unfortunately mistaken. We take all things into account and balance without prejudice.

The Pro, The Con, The Pros - The Cons - All are heavily debated for days with each change.

If you disagree with the balance please post up stats, data, substantiated claims. I assure you the Cauldron will look into it if it is valid. So far you have not provided a single piece of valid argument.

Thanks.

#146 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 05:08 AM

REFER ---> Example you made to some kind of balance reference using Solaris 1v1. And yet you display dishonesty by claiming that was not the case.

the IS Mechs are now among the best in the majority of yes or no End of Discusion It was an example that e.g. Is Mech are too strong in Solaris which does not apply to FP directly as it is a perfectly different fashion Sorry that I even got involved in a discussion will no longer be the case! I have shown examples that there are a lot of other gamers who have a similar opinion A H S wish you a good Christmas and a happy new year 22 otherwise it was that for me in this forum

#147 Freimaurer

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 09:19 AM

If you disagree with the balance please post up stats, data, substantiated claims. I assure you the Cauldron will look into it if it is valid. So far you have not provided a single piece of valid argument.

compare them
dps IS Mechs and dps Clan Mechs
Armor/ Structure IS Mechs and Clan Mechs these are dates
so something is not quite right

#148 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:41 AM

Standard heat sink changes are neat, definitely was needed. Alot of weapons seem to have their niche now, especially with many mech having quirks for specific weapons.

On flamers, I had complaints about it being underpowered, but now I've seen them work very well lately and notice just one thing... after adding range quirks to flamers through the tech tree, they seem at just the perfect range. Just needs about 10m more or have a 150m max range while keeping optimal the same. Otherwise, a flamer's power really depends on who welds it.

Light machine guns needed that extra bit of damage so very nice.

Noticing more mechs have anti-critical now, definitely nice to have those on hero mechs like pretty baby and lucky seven. Would like to see a more serious flamer quirk on vulcan like 20% instead of 10%...as some mechs have 25% ballistic range...on a mech that can have IS lbx-2...range is past 3000 m max range so there is no way you will ever be at a range you can't hit something unless your aim is bad. The little panther I pulled 1000 damage off just from standing in one spot for example...

Can't think of much else, any weapon that has had a severe problem has been either lessened or removed. Game crashes feel like they are rare now. Have only had one so far lately.

Events seem way better on rewards now, super neat. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users