Holiday Bonus Mechs!

69 replies to this topic

#21 Swamp Thing

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:06 AM

Love how nice PGI are to their players. Good stuff :)

#22 Defarious

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:20 AM

I recently came back to this game, and I'm so happy I did! This is an awesome event, an awesome giveaway from some awesome devs! "Top Tier" only matters to people who play those, I like builds that are fun and functional and I believe that is possible with these beauties. (I'm totally going to color that marauder to have hazard stripes.)

#23 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:15 AM

Time for the yearly population census again....guess i (as a ex-player) will install the client just to have a game and see what meta is prevailing this year...

Edited by ingramli, 15 December 2021 - 06:16 AM.

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 08:26 AM

View Postingramli, on 15 December 2021 - 06:15 AM, said:

Time for the yearly population census again....guess i (as a ex-player) will install the client just to have a game and see what meta is prevailing this year...

I do not think that you can judge the current meta after just a game. Posted Image

#25 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 15 December 2021 - 08:35 AM

It has been a great year for MWO with all the quirk and mech passes, 1 totally new map, several got improvements ... I'm excited for 2022!

#26 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 15 December 2021 - 09:13 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 15 December 2021 - 08:35 AM, said:

It has been a great year for MWO with all the quirk and mech passes, 1 totally new map, several got improvements ... I'm excited for 2022!

couldn't have said it any better!

Matt, Daeron, Francois, et al., many thanks for all the events, gifts, and the new map!

All the best in 2022 to you and yours!

View Postw0qj, on 14 December 2021 - 12:15 PM, said:

Dear MWO, thank you for listening to player feedback, to convert some of the popular mechs into Special Variant with +30% CBills !!

So any update on this pay $$ (and eventually MC at a later stage) for this MMMS (Make My Mech Special) proposal?
https://mwomercs.com...-favorite-mechs

Now that MWO had just announced Special Variant of MAL-2P(S) & MAD-IIC-A(S), I for one would be willing to pay $$ and MC to make my KDK-3(S) with +30% CBills bonus!!!

also this, best idea since the flux capacitor IMHO.

if we can make this happen I'd totally be willing to plunk down some cash for this.

Thanks w0qj for putting this out there!

#27 DeathDream

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 09:17 AM

Thanks!!!

#28 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:18 AM

A warm welcome to our MWO Forum!

And a warm welcome back to MWO as well!

View PostDefarious, on 15 December 2021 - 05:20 AM, said:

I recently came back to this game, and I'm so happy I did! This is an awesome event, an awesome giveaway from some awesome devs! "Top Tier" only matters to people who play those, I like builds that are fun and functional and I believe that is possible with these beauties. (I'm totally going to color that marauder to have hazard stripes.)

#29 JimEvolved

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:48 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 December 2021 - 12:40 AM, said:

If you do not like them, then simply do not claim them. It is that simple.

Plus, even if he hates the mechs, it's still 2 free mech bays for nothing. *shrug*

#30 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:14 PM

View PostJimEvolved, on 15 December 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

Plus, even if he hates the mechs, it's still 2 free mech bays for nothing. *shrug*

Two Mech Bays ... and a ton of other free stuff.

#31 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:24 PM

View PostJimEvolved, on 15 December 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

Well, if you sell 2 assault mechs you also end up with some cbills.

#32 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 15 December 2021 - 02:04 PM

I'm confused... the picture says 1 Jan end date, the text says 3 Jan... which is it then?

#33 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 December 2021 - 02:35 PM

a bit disappointed that we aren't getting any new chassis yet again. oh well at least we are getting free mechs this year. we had a few years there where we got nothing so i can't exactly complain. all the free mech bays from this last event and the x-mas lootbag one will be great for the new players. i remember those days when bays were scarce. (tip for new players, hange onto that MC and wait for bays to go on sale)

#34 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:13 PM

HOLY GENEROUS EVENT BATMAN!
This game is the most generous game in my opinion. Thanks and merry Christmas!Posted Image

#35 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:34 PM

I used to play:
world of tanks
hearthstone
world of warplanes
Dota
world of warships
CUE
and others.
-and MechWarrior Online is the only one I still enjoy and play.Posted Image

#36 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 06:00 AM

View PostThe Man with the Plan, on 15 December 2021 - 04:13 PM, said:

HOLY GENEROUS EVENT BATMAN!
This game is the most generous game in my opinion. Thanks and merry Christmas!Posted Image

And the first page of the forums still has a thread that begins with:

unnamed poster said:

The hell is this? The grind is just stupid beyond belief. The "World of XXX" model. It's lame and outdated.

I will let the door hit my arse again on the way out.

... and now PGI is giving two assault-class BattleMechs for free. Posted Image
Posted Image

I wonder if that poster will return in time to claim that pair of 'Mechs ....Posted Image

#37 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 December 2021 - 07:11 AM

Look in the [Event] webpage, or the [E] on the bottom of your MWO game client while in Mechlab...
click on the appropriate Event ... and there'll be a timer showing how many days/hours/minutes are left before this Event ends!
(Hint: For this Holiday Bonus Event for MAL/MAD-IIC special variants x2, you can claim these up to 14 days after Event ends).

https://mwomercs.com/events/430

View PostBig-G, on 15 December 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

I'm confused... the picture says 1 Jan end date, the text says 3 Jan... which is it then?

#38 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 December 2021 - 01:11 PM

Wonderful! Thanks guys! :D

#39 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 01:52 PM

View PostBig-G, on 15 December 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

Time is relative :)
Seriously I made the Images in the hopes that players will not miss out on the rewards.

You would be surprised at the amount of folks that don't bother to figure out what the event or sale ending at Jan 3rd 00:00 UTC would mean in their time zone. For myself (in Vancouver) it would be Jan 2nd at 4PM PST.

#40 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2021 - 04:08 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 December 2021 - 01:52 PM, said:

Time is relative Posted Image
Seriously I made the Images in the hopes that players will not miss out on the rewards.

You would be surprised at the amount of folks that don't bother to figure out what the event or sale ending at Jan 3rd 00:00 UTC would mean in their time zone. For myself (in Vancouver) it would be Jan 2nd at 4PM PST.

I think then that one can appreciate your doing the images in the manner which you chose. After all, this effectively means that the Event will last longer than the image says, which will cause some people both relief and comfort. That's something the 2021 End-Of-Year Holidays should be full of, right? :D

On other notes, I was looking at the Event Page and tripped over a small typo. I quickly chocked it up to your hands being stuck constantly dealing with a full workload, which I'm thankful that you handle at least this well because it must be really stressful! The typo is on the Challenge itself, and looks like...

As of this 2021/12/17 post, the Holiday Bonus Event page said:

Holdiay Bonus

...as of when I'm posting at this current moment. Being as I knew you already had to fix one typo elsewhere, and I'm somebody who naturally dislikes schadenfreude, it also happened that I wanted to help you find this one. Please fix it sometime soon? :)

Other than that... Happy Holidays, Matt!!! B)

~D. V. "just helping keep the Holiday Bonus Event Challenge looking ship-shape" Devnull

[One minor Edit by the Post Author because of the Forums messing up their intended post and forcing them to use a workaround which never involved their circumventing the Rules in any way... They're just a natural victim of these kinds of problems...]

[And a Second Edit by the Post Author because of how vague they were before now... They really hate themself for this one, and have therefore corrected the posting... Sorry!!!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 17 December 2021 - 04:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users