• 15% Ballistic velocity in SO8
  • -5% Energy heat in SO8

#23 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 02:41 PM

I was excited at first to see that the Roughneck had two ballistics on each side torso. I thought that there was finally a free-to-play answer to the Black Widow. Fairly disappointed to find out that it is also an MC/cash only mech.

#24 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 14 December 2021 - 02:42 PM

Clearly wasn't paying attention and failed to realize it was instant and not in the future. I was very surprised to get it on login instead of in Jan or something as I assumed it would hit. Yay.

#25 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 02:44 PM

View PostClay Endfield, on 14 December 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

I don't think the Sunspider is gonna need any quirks; with the new hero, it's possible to load 2x Hvy LLs and 6x ER MLs on Cockpit level mounts; meaning that the Sunspooder can peak with a 71 Alpha Strike @ 400+ meters pretty handily. Still want ECM? 2x Hvy LL; 4x Hvy ML. 72 Firepower @ 270 meters.

If anything, this new mech might just take the Hellbringer off it's long standing throne.

We'll have to see. Mount height does matter a lot. Its solid on laservomit, but lots of its other build options are a bit behind the other mechs (not by much though.) And its lack of pod level quirks means little variety between otherwise similar pods.

Compared to the EBJ running 2LPL+6ERML, they have the same amount of DHS and the SNS has higher mounts and an extra ton or two (depending on armor dumped) for TC1 and/or LAP. But the EBJ has -10% energy CD, and actually higher armor on its side torsos. The TBR can then run the same amount of DHS and also ECM, but with worse mounts. The tradeoffs of each balance out well, especially considering their tonnage differences.

But then you start comparing any builds other than these between the EBJ and SNS, and the SNS isn't looking as hot in most cases, even on builds it should be good with (4xUAC2, for example). So I am not suggesting the SNS needs quirks that help laservomit.

#26 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 14 December 2021 - 03:21 PM

Looks reasonable with such goodies. :D

#27 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 14 December 2021 - 04:17 PM

Very good value in my opinion, well done PGI.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#28 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 14 December 2021 - 06:34 PM

View Postmartian, on 14 December 2021 - 01:01 PM, said:

Great!

The Sun Spider is one of my favourite 'Mechs! I already own both Sun Spider Hero 'Mechs.

I am seriously tempted to buy this 'Mech Pack. Posted Image

EDIT:
"Ambush", welcome home!

This is why I got it - the Roughneck feels a teensy bit small to make use of all 4 ballistic hardpoints but that's just a gut feeling. The Sunspider though if you mix it with Manul, that's a lotta energy there boyz.

View PostHeavy Money, on 14 December 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

We'll have to see. Mount height does matter a lot. Its solid on laservomit, but lots of its other build options are a bit behind the other mechs (not by much though.) And its lack of pod level quirks means little variety between otherwise similar pods.

Compared to the EBJ running 2LPL+6ERML, they have the same amount of DHS and the SNS has higher mounts and an extra ton or two (depending on armor dumped) for TC1 and/or LAP. But the EBJ has -10% energy CD, and actually higher armor on its side torsos. The TBR can then run the same amount of DHS and also ECM, but with worse mounts. The tradeoffs of each balance out well, especially considering their tonnage differences.

But then you start comparing any builds other than these between the EBJ and SNS, and the SNS isn't looking as hot in most cases, even on builds it should be good with (4xUAC2, for example). So I am not suggesting the SNS needs quirks that help laservomit.

SNS is the biggest P2W Mech in the game when you consider the disparity between Hero and non-Hero pods. The only good builds on the SNS use either Manul, Vanguard SO8 or now I'm assuming Ambush pods. Tis a lovely 'Mech, though.

#29 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:23 PM

I still think they should make the ultimate OC variant - Big Al.

#30 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:29 PM

There's no possibility to take these into the mechlab / testing grounds before purchase, correct?

#31 YeJJowjacket

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:45 PM

"GODDAMMIT! GET YOUR OWN DAMNED TARGET!", An irritated Maxwell Herman shouted into his mouthpiece.

"Ha! That's another bandit for me!", Retorted pilot Anne Montenegro, her Sun Spider swiveling to another target, "That puts me in the lead with four and you with three."

"Yeah, yeah. There's still plenty of enemies for me to kill, so don't get your hopes up yet."

"Good luck, doofus."

Anne and Max were an unlikely pair of Mechwarriors. Everytime they were deployed, they never stopped trying to one up eachother, and would never stop fighting with eachother over the coms. A real headache to deal with, if you were stuck in a lance with them.

However, despite the bitter rivalry and constant bickering, they were still incredibly talented pilots. Max's Roughneck, Bolt, was a heavy hitter, and Max made sure he hit whatever he was aiming at. Almost always something was going to be destroyed. Anne had a different method of approach, keeping Ambush's weaponry at a constant rate of fire on the weakest point. Very rarely would she let off of that trigger, and the crosshair almost always aiming at the rear armor.

"That's five for me!", Max said, "You still at four, smartass?"

"I'm at six, actually.", replied Anne, eyeing the last enemy. "Looks like I'll win todays little be-...MOTHERFU-..."

It was too late. Max had already taken out the only remaining bandit in the AO.

"That's six! Which means..."

"Tied. Again." They both said in unison, followed by a short groan.

My head-canon, Im not an author.

#32 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:08 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 14 December 2021 - 07:29 PM, said:

There's no possibility to take these into the mechlab / testing grounds before purchase, correct?

No, you can go to the store in game and try them as usual.

#33 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:24 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 14 December 2021 - 08:08 PM, said:

No, you can go to the store in game and try them as usual.

That's odd, they do not appear in the store for me.

#34 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 December 2021 - 09:11 PM

Both Rival hero mechs appeared briefly in the ingame store, but have been now removed for now (presumably since buying Rival hero a-la-carte with MC is not allowed until April 2022). Guess it was a bug.

It is a very attractive pack though Posted Image

View PostKhalcruth, on 14 December 2021 - 08:24 PM, said:

That's odd, they do not appear in the store for me.

Edited by w0qj, 14 December 2021 - 09:14 PM.

#35 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 09:24 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 14 December 2021 - 06:34 PM, said:

This is why I got it - the Roughneck feels a teensy bit small to make use of all 4 ballistic hardpoints but that's just a gut feeling.

Four ballistic hardpoints - that sounds good in theory, but from the practical view ... the Roughneck is still 65-tonner. Players owning the JagerMech have some rough idea what to expect. On top of that, the Roughneck has its ballistic hardpoints in side torsos, not in arms.

The Sun Spider though if you mix it with Manul, that's a lotta energy there boyz.

Not everybody has got "Manul" or "Vanguard".

SNS is the biggest P2W Mech in the game when you consider the disparity between Hero and non-Hero pods. The only good builds on the SNS use either Manul, Vanguard SO8 or now I'm assuming Ambush pods. Tis a lovely 'Mech, though.

First, I have seen some standard Sun Spiders in the game with the combination standard OmniPods and they fared quite well. It depends on the MechWarrior, of course.

Second, Hero Sun Spiders have offer some interesting OmniPods, so relatively speaking, they are improvement.
However, absolutely speaking, the Sun Spider has never been especially powerful 'Mech, Heroes or not. I would say that the Madcat, Cauldron-Born or the Loki have always been more popular. The Sun Spider has always been like the Thor: People know that it exists, but not many players actually drive one. Posted Image

I have never noticed the Sun Spider to be a 'Mech chosen by the players willing to get every possible advantage. Usually, only the players liking the 'Mech have deployed in it in the game. Posted Image

#36 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 December 2021 - 09:24 PM

Rivals Pack still missing from this Premium Mech Package purchase summary as below:

https://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders

#37 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 09:34 PM

View Postw0qj, on 14 December 2021 - 09:24 PM, said:

Rivals Pack still missing from this Premium Mech Package purchase summary as below:

https://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders

It would seem to me that the Rivals pack is more like one of the bundles, not a real mechpack, since you can buy it several times, as opposed to the Hunter Pack, for example.
Therefor, I guess it won't show on the preorders page. Confirmation pending.

#38 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 December 2021 - 10:00 PM

Purchased hope it helps future content in MWO Posted Image

#39 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:40 AM

Will this package count towards November's Annual Loyalty Program?

#40 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:43 AM

Steam: Yeah, yeah, who needs me

Edited by Lepestok, 15 December 2021 - 04:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users