#savetier3

127 replies to this topic

#1 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 08:41 AM

Why you do this way in Tier 4
Posted Image
but at exact moment, when you step into Tier 3, game becomes literally unplayable.
Posted Image
Sometimes balance was bad in the past. Thx God for new PSR system, that we are able to drop to Tier 4 at some moment and not to suffer from it forever. But it has never been so bad. Difference between Tier 4 and Tier 3 just can't be so big. So what? Is Tier 3 just subsidiary of Tier 1 now? Can we do something about it? I've got sick of twitching between two tiers.

#2 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 24 December 2021 - 08:56 AM

You got 1200 damage in the first game, that's way above average.

You got 400 damage in the second game, that's not even a bad game, far as **** from unplayable. Stop making **** up.

You can't demand 1200 damage roflstomps every match. As per usual your are just demanding a bunch of seals to club and screaming bloody murder when the matchmaker places you more appropriately with people who can fight back.

/thread

Edited by pbiggz, 24 December 2021 - 08:57 AM.

#3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 08:57 AM

so.. *jarl's*

you have a match in t4 where you did good (actually way better than jarls suggests), and then you got your a@s handed in the next match. never happend to ANYBODY else in the history of mwo..

in the spirit of xmas, I'll bite my lip and just don't write down what I believe this post is really about, but hey:
merry xmas.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 24 December 2021 - 08:58 AM.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 09:54 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 24 December 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

[picture]
but at exact moment, when you step into Tier 3, game becomes literally unplayable.
[picture]
Sometimes balance was bad in the past. Thx God for new PSR system, that we are able to drop to Tier 4 at some moment and not to suffer from it forever. But it has never been so bad. Difference between Tier 4 and Tier 3 just can't be so big. So what? Is Tier 3 just subsidiary of Tier 1 now? Can we do something about it? I've got sick of twitching between two tiers.

Tier 3 is not a subsidiary of Tier. However, you can meet Tier 1 or Tier 2 players in Tier 3 games, especially if the number of currently active players is low. Generally speaking, there is a higher probability that you will meet more competent enemy MechWarriors.

In Tier 4 games is meeting a Tier 1 player very uncommon.

#5 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,996 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 December 2021 - 10:39 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 24 December 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Mrmadguy I at least know what your talking about

sadly you will either get shouted down
or what's his face will show up tooting his own horn and patting himself on the back

I used to complain about jumping between T3 and T4 some many times I lost count

then I found my self at the bottom of T4 then I shut up lol

I am thinking MWO's solution to this games player problem is to chase everyone off

see no players no problems
fixed lol

#6 Oh My God Chandler Bing

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 11:07 AM

In T3 you are matched with players all the way up to T1 are you not? So the match difficulty, play style and prevailing difficulty will vary wildly. Conversely at the upper end of T4 you are basically the most skilled player likely to appear in a match. Unfortunately there are a couple of hurdles like that on the way to T1. It's pants because there is no gradual change, it is sudden and therefore hard to adapt to.

#7 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 11:07 AM

It tries to keep players within 3 tiers of each other. So once you enter t3 you will start running into t2 and t1 players far more frequently. So it gets harder, yes. You are at the awkward skill level where you reliably outperform t5's, but are also getting reliably outperformed by higher tier players. Keep practicing and it will improve.

#8 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 11:10 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 24 December 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

Mrmadguy I at least know what your talking about

sadly you will either get shouted down
or what's his face will show up tooting his own horn and patting himself on the back

I used to complain about jumping between T3 and T4 some many times I lost count

then I found my self at the bottom of T4 then I shut up lol

I am thinking MWO's solution to this games player problem is to chase everyone off

see no players no problems
fixed lol

The playerbase was the highest it's been in November since 2018 and will go up again this month?

#9 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 24 December 2021 - 11:11 AM

Extremes like this are not exclusive to T3 vs T4. Last night I played maybe 10ish matches running a laser vomit Marauder BH. While most were in the 300-400 damage range, I also had a couple great matches and a few stinkers (I recall a 123 and 168 and a true **** show performance of 68). Point being, damage and scores are often all over the place from match to match for both the reds and blues even (especially) in T1 as much as they are in T3 or T4.

#10 Michael Abt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 December 2021 - 12:02 PM

That first screenshot is confusing me because of #Light Mechs are Screwed Up

How is it even possible that the Locust didn't outperform the Corsair, and just made 179 damage? Why wasn't the Raven on the enemy team able to stop the Corsair, and only did 163 damage? Lights own assaults on every day of the week!

And why has not a single person pointed out yet that once you are in T3 and higher you have to play a light in order to win matches? In the second screenshot neither team has a light mech, so piloting one would have flipped the script of the match!

#Light Mechs are Screwed Up

#11 Capt Deadpool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 12:43 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 24 December 2021 - 08:56 AM, said:

You got 1200 damage in the first game, that's way above average.

You got 400 damage in the second game, that's not even a bad game, far as **** from unplayable. Stop making **** up.

You can't demand 1200 damage roflstomps every match. As per usual your are just demanding a bunch of seals to club and screaming bloody murder when the matchmaker places you more appropriately with people who can fight back.

/thread

Absolutely. This is an entitled mentality not uncommon in competitive games where a player desperately wants to feel dominant against others yet faces the obstacle of not being able to achieve that against players of similar or higher skill. There is an unfortunate loophole in MWO that allows such players to get their dopamine hit once competition gets too stiff for them.

A system linking IP address to tier at new account creation for potential exploiters, I believe, at least warrants investigation, as we know the learning curve for cadets is steep enough as it is without dealing with exploiters. Not that I am insinuating anything against anyone specific in this thread.

Just seems like common sense to me, every fps has players looking for noobs to smash or who spawn camp, and devs do what they can to minimize these actions.

#12 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 801 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 01:07 PM

Capt Deadpool said:

A system linking IP address to tier at new account creation for potential exploiters, I believe, at least warrants investigation,

Sorry, but despite whatever you might think a "linked IP" would do the vast majority of internet users still does not have a static IP address and there are more than enough VPN services that are good enough for online gaming.
So ...

Capt Deadpool said:

as we know the learning curve for cadets is steep enough as it is without dealing with exploiters.

... your "IP links" on cadet accounts won't do much and then there's the question where your evidence is for such exploits truly occuring to a noteworthy degree.

Capt Deadpool said:

Not that I am insinuating anything against anyone specific in this thread.

That doesn't make your suggestion any better ... You are proposing a technologically inadequate solution to a problem that may or may not exist.

Capt Deadpool said:

Just seems like common sense to me, every fps has players looking for noobs to smash or who spawn camp, and devs do what they can to minimize these actions.

Then show that such players participate in MW:O to a noteworthy degree that would warrant attempts by the devs to keep those players from doing that and then let people who have a better understanding of the underlying technology worry about how they will or won't tackle the problem because IP "linking" just doesn't work there.

Edited by Der Geisterbaer, 24 December 2021 - 01:08 PM.

#13 PurplePuke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 01:08 PM

There's a certain personality type that runs to the forums to complain when they don't play well and they get beat.

Nothing to do with MWO itself.

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 01:28 PM

Gentlemen, I am sorry to interrupt, but ...

As long as it is written in the rules that one player can have as many alternate accounts as he wishes, the entire debate is a bit pointless.

#15 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 December 2021 - 01:31 PM

View Postmartian, on 24 December 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

Gentlemen, I am sorry to interrupt, but ...

As long as it is written in the rules that one player can have as many alternate accounts as he wishes, the entire debate is a bit pointless.

Super easy too with an email provider who supports '+'. E.g. google. myemailaddress@gmail.com is different to myemailaddress+1@gmail.com but all email goes to the first, and the second need not be registered with google to function.

Edited by RickySpanish, 24 December 2021 - 01:32 PM.

#16 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 01:36 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 24 December 2021 - 01:31 PM, said:

Super easy too with an email provider who supports '+'. E.g. google. myemailaddress@gmail.com is different to myemailaddress+1@gmail.com but all email goes to the first, and the second need not be registered with google to function.

Really? Every day I learn something new. Posted Image

#17 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 December 2021 - 01:59 PM

Welcome to Tier 3, where you become exposed to the top of the food chain in a limited fashion. Where you begin to have to work for it.

You can clearly see the PSR system at work here, exposing you to the players it’s been protecting you from while you were learning the game.

#18 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 02:33 PM

I'm working on discovering the rarely seen and mystical Tier 6.......

#19 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 03:55 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 24 December 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

Welcome to Tier 3, where you become exposed to the top of the food chain in a limited fashion. Where you begin to have to work for it.

You can clearly see the PSR system at work here, exposing you to the players it’s been protecting you from while you were learning the game.

he's learning since 2016, then. hm.
I still feel too xmas-y' to get more into that.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 24 December 2021 - 03:55 PM.

#20 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,996 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 December 2021 - 04:11 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 24 December 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

The playerbase was the highest it's been in November since 2018 and will go up again this month?

just in case some one new wanders in

Posted Image

you see if you have more active players then retired players your doing good

Posted Image

notice the higher the avg match score (higher tier) players have more active players per group

I sort of stopped taking screen shots after this next one

you can also think of it as your on the the bridge of a ship and the engine room says
hey we are taking water

the bridge says what the heck are you talking about things are great
you guys down below are always saying the sky is falling
hell ship is doing better then it did in 2018
my favorite is (its an old ship its supposed to take on water)

well ok then never mind

Posted Image

if you want to look at more info

https://steamcharts.com/app/342200#All

Edited by Davegt27, 24 December 2021 - 10:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users