64 replies to this topic

#61 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 05:30 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 02 January 2022 - 04:27 PM, said:

Lo and behold, we find ourselves here, yet again, watching the great Samial, Mechagnome, now Nomad Tech, lie through his teeth.

he's not lying, he's just played tens of thousands of games of MechWarrior Online without the faintest understanding of how it works.

#62 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:30 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 02 January 2022 - 05:30 PM, said:

he's not lying, he's just played tens of thousands of games of MechWarrior Online without the faintest understanding of how it works.

No I'm fairly certain he knows what he's not good at and what he's not good at and he's making his usual bad faith argument to try to nerf what he isn't good at so he never has to worry about it.

#63 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 03 January 2022 - 01:52 PM

I would agree with pbiggz here in that Nomad Tech is one of those players who is firmly of the opinion that MWo should be all about Assault and upper end Heavy class Mechs swatting everything else aside and only having to worry about the oppositions Assaults and upper end Heavies.
Its rather like the Battleship players in World of Warships (awful game) who whined and complained on the forums every time a sneaky DD hit them with a spread of torpedoes because it "WASNT FAIR". Even though these players were often brain dead - I remember running evasive manoeuvres as I closed to torpedo range post-1st DD/torpedo nerf then turning to launch a full spread, running straight and parallel, as this BB tried to shoot me, then turned away and popped smoke as soon as my spread was launched.
What did the BB player, whom had been fully aware of me and firing on me as I did this do? Nothing. He kept running straight and ate the full spread. I later saw him on the forums whining about "muh OP Destroyers".
What we have here is the exact same case, the 'Timmy' Assault and upper end Heavy players who see their chosen rides as literal gods whom should not have to worry about smaller things because they are the biggest and the bestest and that's how it is... Except there the devs caved to the whining and DD'd, especially IJN DD's became unplayable.
At least here the devs are smart enough not to listen or cave.

#64 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 16 August 2023 - 01:00 AM

View PostMadBede, on 25 December 2021 - 06:34 AM, said:

Or just nerf damage by a mile. LMG - 0.25 damage , MG - 0.5, HMG - 0.75.
That's almost the exact damage they do give or take 1

View PostMadBede, on 25 December 2021 - 06:34 AM, said:

[color=#959595]How about make MG to make damage only vs exposed structure after armor plating is destroyed, makes sense, soft flesh you can reap.

{/quote] kinda already do that. they do very small damage to armor Hvy mg only do 1.5 unless you boat a bunch like on a piranha your not doing much and even then you have to stand very close to someone which is dangerous especially against bigger slower mechs... even light mg's max range is just an annoying tap more than anything it might freak someone out but that's about all your going to be doing at the max range of an mg.

View PostBlood Rose, on 03 January 2022 - 01:52 PM, said:

At least here the devs are smart enough not to listen or cave.
except on turrets in Assault at the base and maybe a couple of other things i can't quiet confirm yet.

Just wati we'll be hearing the same about x-small pulse soon.

Edited by KursedVixen, 16 August 2023 - 02:44 AM.

#65 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:09 AM

Silliest necro post of the day goes to..... KursedVixen.

I have no idea why do you have this great urge to reply to someone who hasn't been online about 20 months.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users