NGNG Podcast:Posted Image

#2 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,617 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 07 January 2022 - 07:05 AM

Let's face it. It's dead. EG7 lost over 8 million in sales, and the game is still losing players on both levels online and MW5. No matter how many mods there are. It's a dead horse, and if I'm right, Micro-crooks is going to wash their hands as if they were Pontius Pilate looking at a dead man and saying, "I won't no part in this!"

Sorry. Ever since MW$, the game was prostituted out to every game developer out there, until Piranha gotta hold of it, and now, it's still a dead horse. NO one wants to make this game viable in any way. And the only ones keeping it alive is: Diehards.

That, however, is not going to do. Reason:

World of Tanks, Armored Warfare, Battlefield, COD, and that's just for starters.

The other reason: $$$

Those games I mentioned, are making tsunami waves of cash for their developers, and the game player base is bigger than MechWarrior. Hell, even Eve Online is doing way better than MWO by a margin of nearly 2:1 and that's saying a lot.

Face. It is official. MechWarrior is dead. And no amount of free anything is going to save it.

You can do all the events you want: Grab Bags, etc. Free `Mech of the Month. Whatever. It will not save this game.

PERIOD!

And with that. I end my post.

Edited by Hawk819, 07 January 2022 - 07:05 AM.

#3 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:51 AM

I'm sorry to see this happen, but the writing was on the wall along time ago.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,803 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:00 AM

Oh please, this is the state that MW3 and MW4 were in for ages. Eventually the game developer stops developing the game. The modding community will keep the game alive on Steam until the Next Big Mech Game comes out. Just like it always has with every game ever.

The only real news there is that there's no MW6 or MWO2 on the road map. So we can expect life support mode until further notice or until someone else acquires the rights to the IP.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:33 AM

nothing lasts forever. entropy calls.

we can have fun rolling around in the ashes in the mean time.

#6 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 January 2022 - 03:12 AM

I'm gonna get IS + Clan for MW5/MW6 all in one go, once everything comes out, and get it from GOG.com

GOG.com allows installation without verification and without connecting to developer's servers.

Meaning that one day (that's a looooonngg time from now) when MW5/MW6 servers switch off,
I can still install & play MW5/MW6 !

(Don't get me wrong, I wish MW5/MW6 a long product life! But realistically all online game servers switch off eventually, right?)

#7 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 09 January 2022 - 03:57 AM

correct me if I am wrong but its the play station side of MW5 that was the problem?

and I don't know exactly why play station was and is a problem

it would have been better if they had released MW5 on PC then only if support justified it
they would have moved to XBOX then Play station

to dig a little deeper there are certain forces that are constantly demanding this or that
like saying stuff like unless MW5 is released on XBOX and Play station its a fail

(no one could possibly know that)

this was also been the problem with MWOs development
UI then redoing the UI, skill system then redoing the skill system
some forces said you needed Solaris 7 then when it came out it was you did it wrong
engine de-sych, Mech re-scale, MWO CW/FW/FP and the list goes on and on

these things derailed PGI and its MWO development
sadly PGI devs got in the habit of trying to please these people that will never be satisfied

man I just laugh at what MWO could have been if PGI had not been working constantly redoing stuff over and over again

now we have devolved into arguing about quirks
yeah yeah I know there is nothing wrong with trying to improve the game

but people need to ask themselves first will you be happy once PGI caters to your demands
(my observations are no!)

it takes clear visions and a strong back bone to resist these forces
watch out for click bait nature of youtube videos

its not over until the fat lady sings
JMTCW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users