• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:10 PM

ROFL.....have fun with this one.

[redacted]

Posted Image

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 24 January 2022 - 04:05 AM.

#2 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:14 PM

If there's not another group of 1% players, then there's no one to match with? Would you prefer that they didn't get matched at all?

What I see is people playing with friends because the div A community is tight knit.

Grow up.

#3 Mr Nice Mech

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:17 PM

How is that 'tight knit community' working for your game? See a lot of the same players? That's just the 'tight knit community', right? Or is that your community being threadbare and non-existent?

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:36 PM

Here we go again...

I see a T1-T3 match as we know the MM works that way and seems that pretty much all players fit into that.

No one is playing on Alt accounts, just a few people playing with their friends on the opposite team.

Seems incredibly straight forward. Even more so than the last nonsense thread. If you'd like more details about how the MM works there are numerous pinned threads in this section and announcements by Paul Inoyue. They are easy enough to understand.

#5 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:37 PM

Nobody is stopping you from forming your own group. :)

#6 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:38 PM

View PostMr Nice Mech, on 23 January 2022 - 10:10 PM, said:

ROFL.....have fun with this one.

[redacted]

I don't know who the forum troll is you or?
but if you counted combined Jarls percentile but your team's average is 76,5% and enemy teams 71,3% so you and your team just played ******.

View PostThe Glasswalker, on 23 January 2022 - 10:14 PM, said:

If there's not another group of 1% players, then there's no one to match with? Would you prefer that they didn't get matched at all?

What I see is people playing with friends because the div A community is tight knit.

Grow up.

There are no 1% players in this game, only Jarl's.
T1 is T1 doesn't matter if it's fusionfission or worst of tier1, same value in eyes of matchmaker.
If it's not like that, correct me.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 24 January 2022 - 04:15 AM.
quote clean-up

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:41 PM

View PostCurccu, on 23 January 2022 - 10:38 PM, said:

I don't know who the forum troll is you or?
but if you counted combined Jarls percentile but your team's average is 76,5% and enemy teams 71,3% so you and your team just played ******.

He is definitely the troll at this point.

I mean as you've pointed out just look at the overall %... It doesn't get any closer than that.

Another sensationalist thread from a salty troll.

#8 Orion3025

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:46 PM

Wow nice job Guta!!!

#9 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:52 PM

....And have to add you got interesting way to put percentile on retired players.

cjjtn15 in your picture 22% when average % of last 5 season played = 60%
Jaboy69 in your picture 35% when average % of last 5 season played = 76%

and with those changes to teams jarls averages are 77,97 vs 76,54 so pretty damn even match?

PS. Again Jarl's numbers not real matchmaker tier numbers.

#10 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:55 PM

my man how did you do 44 damage in an Urbanmech, out of all the lights the Urbie is like the least likely to get one-shot. Did you forget to left click or something

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:56 PM

View PostCurccu, on 23 January 2022 - 10:52 PM, said:

....And have to add you got interesting way to put percentile on retired players.

cjjtn15 in your picture 22% when average % of last 5 season played = 60%
Jaboy69 in your picture 35% when average % of last 5 season played = 76%

and with those changes to teams jarls averages are 77,97 vs 76,54 so pretty damn even match?

PS. Again Jarl's numbers not real matchmaker tier numbers.
l

Wait the OP is now using the wrong numbers in his first post to make it look worse than it is to suit his misaligned agenda?

Oh boy...

#12 Mr Nice Mech

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:07 PM

[redacted]

cjjtn15 plays less than 100 games EVERY month....he is clearly an alt....or just a player who shouldn't be playing against Scout Derek and crew..... the most games that player has played in a month...EVER is 68.....

[redacted] explain how this player should be in this match?

Posted Image

[redacted]

jaboy69 is clearly a tier above cjjtn15....but nowhere near the top tier group in this match...defend it!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 24 January 2022 - 04:03 AM.

#13 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:10 PM

View PostMr Nice Mech, on 23 January 2022 - 11:05 PM, said:

[redacted]

cjjtn15 plays less than 100 games EVERY month....he is clearly an alt....or just a player who shouldn't be playing against Scout Derek and crew..... the most games that player has played in a month...EVER is 68.....

[redacted] explain how this player should be in this match?

Posted Image

What needs explaining? He got dragged up into a mid tier match. The 99% group got dragged down into a mid tier match. That's it.

The real question isn't how these people ended up playing each other, its how your team managed to do so little damage. Navid wracked up 940dmg in a medium. That's a lot of face time in combat. There's lots of damage done on their team, and very little on yours. That means that your team was eaten a few at a time, or didn't shoot back hardly at all, or both.

"Why don't my teammates left click" is what this thread should have been called, because that is the real issue here.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 24 January 2022 - 04:17 AM.
quote clean-up

#14 BrioS

• PipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:11 PM

Matchmaker is not perfect and we all know that.

However, people know (or should) that matchmaker matched by TIER rather than JARL'S. A 99% T1 group is the same as a 75% T1 group when it comes to matchmaker and yes there is no secondary matchmaker as was mentioned many times. As pointed out by others matchmaker is working as it is built. Even when you take Jarl"s into account, your team did worse.

People also want to play with their friends and if these folks, for reason, are matched by JARL'S percent then these people will never get a game. This will make the game more dead than it already is.

I can understand your frustration and instead of complaining and not doing anything, why don't you take action that is within your locus of control instead of yelling into the wind (ie. Complaining when complaining can't change how matchmaker works)? Wait a minute between drops to desync from them? Play at a different time zone? Form your own group? Watch, learn and improve so you can better handle them?

On a side note, I would love matchmaker to work better but it is what it is. I enjoy what is there rather than getting angry at things I cannot control. This philosophy to life makes it more bearable and better for my soul. If matches like this irk you so much, take a break, play another game or enjoy real life. I enjoy long walks for example...

Cheers man

Otherwise, frankly Mr Nice Mech, you are beginning to sound like a whiney teenage who whines that their new skateboard is not going as fast as the previous one you purchased for the same price.

#15 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:12 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 23 January 2022 - 11:10 PM, said:

"Why don't my teammates left click" is what this thread should have been called, because that is the real issue here.

"Why don't I left click" might be more accurate

#16 Guta

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:12 PM

Thanks Orion3025, I appreciate it man.

As the guy with the highest damage on your team Mr Nice Mech, I feel exceptionally qualified to chime in here. Are good players not supposed to play with their friends? Are they not supposed to play at all? Maybe low damage players should take a hint from top tier players and learn from them instead of crying about facing them. Watching their streams, playing against them, and talking to them has taught me the thing that really sets them apart from the rest of us is that they actually engage the enemies instead of trying to reposition or rotate. We had five players who didn't crack triple digit damage, and FOUR of them were in heavies or assaults. If those mechs alpha 2 enemies they're in triple digits. This was a tier 1-3 game. How many times do players have to perform like this before you put some responsibilty on their heads instead of blaming a third of the enemy team for the performance of half of our team? Another 4 mechs didn't crack 200 and THREE of them were heavies or assaults. Yes we got beat, yes we all knew it was coming, and yes I sighed pregame to express that. The matchmaker is flawed and PGI lacks the resources to change/fix it considering the tiny player base, this has been known for a long time. But would you rather wait 10 minutes per drop for a more balanced experience? Would you still complain if you did and still lost? There are limitations we all have to work within, as devs, as players, as fans, but it's up to each of us as individuals to make the most of that experience nonetheless. I go up against 4 mans like that all the time, but I still have fun. I even win some of them dropping almost exclusively solo, and I have fun then too. We all get good drops and bad drops, but if you ignore the former to let the latter ruin your experience, then that's on you.

#17 Mr Nice Mech

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:16 PM

Where is A S H at??? Explain how a player who is CLEARLY at tier 4....AT BEST is playing against a 1%er premade???

AHAHAHAAHAHH when FACTS get dropped on the 'tight knit community'....they all go into bunker mode and start with the teenage skateboarder trash talk.

Address the reality.

Guta....I don't have the chat logs...but you were the FIRST player to go 'oh boy' in chat when we dropped. You knew from the get go that this was a dumpster fire. That's why I said you must be the tier 1 player who would carry us. Everyone knows this is a broken joke.

#18 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:19 PM

View PostMr Nice Mech, on 23 January 2022 - 11:07 PM, said:

Spoiler

Yep you fudged the stats, thanks for posting the clarification although it wasn't very smart to undermine your own argument.

Essentially because the other two players who are clearly casual, have some swinging stats - they are some conspiratorial Alt accounts?
With previous seasons in the 80% and 90% regions they are clearly not in Tier 4 and that match is pretty obviously a T1-T3 match.

As I said in your last thread - get a grip and grow up.

#19 BrioS

• PipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:21 PM

View PostMr Nice Mech, on 23 January 2022 - 11:16 PM, said:

Where is A S H at??? Explain how a player who is CLEARLY at tier 4....AT BEST is playing against a 1%er premade???

AHAHAHAAHAHH when FACTS get dropped on the 'tight knit community'....they all go into bunker mode and start with the teenage skateboarder trash talk.

Address the reality.

Guta....I don't have the chat logs...but you were the FIRST player to go 'oh boy' in chat when we dropped. You knew from the get go that this was a dumpster fire. That's why I said you must be the tier 1 player who would carry us. Everyone knows this is a broken joke.

Well, I'll just answer with facts as I know that are objective :

Matchmaker matches by tier. Tier 1 players/groups get matchmade with up to Tier 3 (ie ±2 tiers) for up to 2 mins. After that, it opens up to Tier 4. This was, as far as I can recall Paul saying. So yes, Tier 4s do get matchmade with Tier 1s

#20 Mr Nice Mech

• PipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:25 PM

Jaboy69 has skill....but that player doesn't play very much. I guess Jaboy69 and F U S I O N are in the same boat?

A S H ..... cjjtn15 has 510 matches......since april 2017..... this player should be in this match? The facts are there, you are just ignoring them.

BrioS, you are a damn fine player.

How does a player with 510 matches in 4.5 years end up in this match?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users