Yes Or No, Or Who Gives A Sh*t

141 replies to this topic

#101 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 05:28 AM

Bad 2WAR, bad. Stop playing with your friends plz.

#102 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 09:42 AM

Its alright Serial i know when im beaten. Last pages is about guy liying.

I tought this kinda community full of adults could make game more fair to everyone. But its all about daddyPGI to make rules.

BTW whats your reason to not enjoy FP anymore?

#103 McGosy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 11:17 AM

°°7

#104 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 February 2022 - 06:43 PM

View PostKotis77, on 29 January 2022 - 11:13 AM, said:

Same question to ASH why comp unit players dont play more competetive mode of MWO? What is the main reason?

FP Competitive? Oh please... Posted Image

We had the actual competitive MWO season run Oct to Dec, plus other leagues that run during the year (3-5 leagues usually). So most of the time people are playing there and that rounds out a lot of their 'play hours' each week/month.

Outside of playing or casting, I don't play that much in MWO. ~150 QP games max usually and most of the time I'm playing around to test out Cauldron changes we've made or thinking of making and chillin' while streaming. It's virtually impossible to do all that in FP.

If I play even with just 6 High Skill comp guys 12mans head for the hills and then you can't get games anyway.

Rarely, very rarely, is there anything resembling reasonable competition in FP. Years ago was different as there were dozens of units running around all the time so it was plenty interesting.

#105 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 09:33 PM

@everyone,

this forum is not the right place to drag out personal feuds or slinging accusations back and forth.
If you don't have something constructive to say or feel like you can only do so in in an aggressive manner,
do not post.
Posts violating the CoC will be removed without further notice.
Thank you.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 02 February 2022 - 09:33 PM.

#106 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 03 February 2022 - 03:46 AM

View PostKotis77, on 02 February 2022 - 09:42 AM, said:

Its alright Serial i know when im beaten. Last pages is about guy liying.

I tought this kinda community full of adults could make game more fair to everyone. But its all about daddyPGI to make rules.

BTW whats your reason to not enjoy FP anymore?

The fact that PGI kept wasting resources on other useless game modes while rebranding the game as well to promote it?

And also because it's a pretty dead game mode, where the only reason remotely to play it is for the rewards, nothing more. Practically a boring game mode where nobody worth playing really gets on anymore.

#107 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 04:37 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 February 2022 - 06:43 PM, said:

We had the actual competitive MWO season run Oct to Dec, plus other leagues that run during the year (3-5 leagues usually). So most of the time people are playing there and that rounds out a lot of their 'play hours' each week/month.

So did anything ever come from the video of aimbotting from players in the actual competitive MWO season? Just curious.
PGI passed off the responsibility to audit to the league... did anything ever come from that? I never heard anything about it.

#108 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 04:50 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 03 February 2022 - 03:46 AM, said:

The fact that PGI kept wasting resources on other useless game modes while rebranding the game as well to promote it?

And also because it's a pretty dead game mode, where the only reason remotely to play it is for the rewards, nothing more. Practically a boring game mode where nobody worth playing really gets on anymore.

You can't blame PGI for promoting Solaris. It had potential, and nobody expected it to fail.
My pc broke down when Solaris was popping, and when I got back it was dead.

I don't know that whole history, but Solaris was pretty cool. I'm sure it could have used some balancing and more attention, but there's no reason that mode should be completely dead today.

The fact that Solaris is dead today, I think, says a lot more about the MWO players than it does the quality of the game mode itself.

#109 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 05:29 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 04 February 2022 - 04:50 AM, said:

You can't blame PGI for promoting Solaris. It had potential, and nobody expected it to fail.
My pc broke down when Solaris was popping, and when I got back it was dead.

I don't know that whole history, but Solaris was pretty cool. I'm sure it could have used some balancing and more attention, but there's no reason that mode should be completely dead today.

The fact that Solaris is dead today, I think, says a lot more about the MWO players than it does the quality of the game mode itself.

Oh yes you can 100% blame PGI for failure of Solaris. It has so many huge issues and some of those could have been fixed pretty easily but PGI didn't really do any upgrades to that game mode after release and it just doesn't work like it is.

and I don't hate the game mode, I have played quite a lot of it. I just hate how badly PGI implemented it and didn't bother to fix stuff.

#110 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 February 2022 - 01:07 PM

Solaris was doomed from the outset.

Its failure rests 100% at the feet of PGI.
Same as the latest few FP updates which just made things worse with each patch.

There is no one else to blame there for both.

#111 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 02:07 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 04 February 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

Solaris was doomed from the outset.

Its failure rests 100% at the feet of PGI.
Same as the latest few FP updates which just made things worse with each patch.

There is no one else to blame there for both.

I miss counter attack in FP... So good.

#112 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 10:04 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 February 2022 - 06:43 PM, said:

Outside of playing or casting, I don't play that much in MWO. ~150 QP games max usually and most of the time I'm playing around to test out Cauldron changes we've made or thinking of making and chillin' while streaming. It's virtually impossible to do all that in FP.

If I play even with just 6 High Skill comp guys 12mans head for the hills and then you can't get games anyway.

Rarely, very rarely, is there anything resembling reasonable competition in FP. Years ago was different as there were dozens of units running around all the time so it was plenty interesting.

"more competetive mode of MWO?"

Yeah that was sarcasm.

This topic was about proofing that FP aint that competetive anymore that we need to let newplayers in gently, but i dont wanna start that fight again. This topic wasnt about me. I play this gamemode 0-2 times a week maybe more now in winter.

These are only competetive matches past 5 months that i have been in.

https://imgur.com/a/R9cS6YL

I wish there was more good fights, but aint gonna happen. Old days was golden. You need to play smaller groups to make it challenging

Edited by Kotis77, 05 February 2022 - 10:13 AM.

#113 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 10:08 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 03 February 2022 - 03:46 AM, said:

Yes PGI really screwed up big time and made really dumb noob mistakes and didnt wanna change their attitude after it was too late, but i think its good enough game to last almost 10 years

#114 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 10:57 AM

Most game devs fail after one or two games, PGI is well above average in their success. You may wish for more, but it is what it is.

#115 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 05 February 2022 - 12:06 PM

View PostNightbird, on 05 February 2022 - 10:57 AM, said:

Most game devs fail after one or two games, PGI is well above average in their success. You may wish for more, but it is what it is.

Not everyone could be Blizzard...

And as a conclusion of this whole topic: FP FOR THE FP GOD!!!
* I wish there would be more players not to wait 20-30 mins for a match... *

#116 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 06 February 2022 - 06:10 AM

The problem with Facition play is when you get clan vs IS Clan wins long range engagments until IS gets into brawling range then the game is instantly over until that is fixed Fp will remain one faction games... because IS VS clan is too unbalanced.

#117 N A S C A R

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 06:21 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 06 February 2022 - 06:10 AM, said:

The problem with Facition play is when you get clan vs IS Clan wins long range engagments until IS gets into brawling range then the game is instantly over until that is fixed Fp will remain one faction games... because IS VS clan is too unbalanced.

Nope. Its funny, but many others players crying about IS long range supremacy.

#118 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 07:21 AM

Jesus Christ.

#119 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 10:24 AM

Clan mechs are lacking a punch in close range? Maybe learn some new builds for you Clan mechs?
Try something like this...
hbk-iic
hmn-pa
on1-iic-a
ntg-d
ntg-hl
gar-d
mad-iic-sc
snv-br
dwf-w

Not as durable mech as IS mechs because quirks but few IS mechs with similar tonnage can challenge that firepower...

PS. Not all of those builds are serious business but all of them do pack serious punch.

#120 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 February 2022 - 11:28 AM

The problem with MWO is players having absolutely no clue and making completely rubbish statements filled with misinformation, like the above.

Amazing such cluelessness exists

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users