Yes Or No, Or Who Gives A Sh*t

141 replies to this topic

#61 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 02:56 PM

Let's be honest, playing FP here in 2022 is nothing more than playing out the string.

Discussion of NPE, building units, training people up, is nothing more than academic.

As far as I can tell gnx will be the last unit sitting in the 12-0 queue before the lights turn off for good.

Cheers.

#62 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 06:27 PM

View PostNightbird, on 26 January 2022 - 10:10 AM, said:

Why not state what your unit has done to help FP?

We been trying to keep matches balanced and fair. Not teamkill newplayers or old players if they dont see game as you do. Not trying to find someone to blame on losses, or if they do less than 1000 damage. Trying to respect people. etc..

But guess its not enough for you. So have a good one buddy. Im done reasoning with you. Cheers

View PostJohn Bronco, on 26 January 2022 - 02:56 PM, said:

As far as I can tell gnx will be the last unit sitting in the 12-0 queue before the lights turn off for good.

Cheers.

Or maybe 2WAR, who knows

#63 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 January 2022 - 07:45 PM

Last one standings gonna be me. I hate QP. And when FP finally dies I'll uninstall and go back to LOL.

#64 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 27 January 2022 - 02:58 AM

View PostKotis77, on 26 January 2022 - 06:27 PM, said:

Or maybe 2WAR, who knows

Sadly running around the enemy dropzone in their little linebackers desperately searching for something to farm...

#65 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 06:50 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 27 January 2022 - 02:58 AM, said:

Sadly running around the enemy dropzone in their little linebackers desperately searching for something to farm...

Are you sure those linebackers had 2WAR tags?

#66 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:06 AM

View PostKotis77, on 26 January 2022 - 06:27 PM, said:

We been trying to keep matches balanced and fair. Not teamkill newplayers or old players if they dont see game as you do. Not trying to find someone to blame on losses, or if they do less than 1000 damage. Trying to respect people. etc..

But guess its not enough for you. So have a good one buddy. Im done reasoning with you. Cheers

If this is enough, then we've done the same. Great, discussion over.

#67 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 27 January 2022 - 01:09 PM

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 11:09 AM, said:

At the state of FP do we need to do something?

There is certain player mentality that thinks FP is still competetive gamemode.Most of these guys have joined EVIL/2WAR. 4 years ago or more in FP werent enough highskilled playerpool to fight 12man EVIL stompingparty. We tried many times to fight these guys. It was hard 4 years ago to get decent guys to fight big groups now even harder. When got same amount of skill and win one or two matches they stopped playing. And us doing the stomping after that when they stopped playing. So running high skilled 12mans have sucked after 2017.

All the big groups still running highskilled stompingparties still quote FP loadingscreen like that means anything. So that they can have their fun stomping puggies. Lets admit FP its just casual mode that is more demanding than QP. Except EVIL/2WAR/DSx who artificially keep FP "competetive gamemode" so they can run 12mans. So these bullies can "buy" win by just dropping more veterans. Instead of going to play comp with the rest of real comp guys. And the matches against these 12man 2WAR/DSX is so ******* boring. Gotta be timidiest 12mans ever to play FP. They know that they gonna win but still play so ******* sweaty af. yikes. groups that have W/L ratio over 3 dont wanna make it fair.

If FP is highly competetive gamemode there would be more "real comp" guys playing. EMP/JGx big parties comes to kill ques one or two times per year. btw EMP still holds world record 48-1, according to stimraug they will come for 48-0 someday. But its not that bad as EVIL/2WAR has been killing game for so long, just that they can have some fun with they boys. Past 2 years i have been watching EVERYONE that streams FP, to see if there is any other 12mans fighting or having close games. Sadly no. There was one stream, i think it was ASH stream NA time, like 7months ago where there was 5 really close games in row and people did try to balance matches, but rest of the time its just stompy

And topics discussing FP problems are just should puggies do in perfect world 1.1k damage to join match or is it 1k damage is enough. Like any of these puggies read FP forums

It would be little bit better if we got some help from PGI. Like making matchmaker so we could get at least 12 best players available to fight 12mans., make siege matches counter attack or just make it random. Or all three.

If there is 0% chance of winning match, ppl stop playing, or the HC players that dont mind losing still plays but they arent usually that good.

So my question is should highskill big groups be condemn?

Or the loadingscreen is the bible and survival of the fittest babyyy and keep smashing?

48-0 has been done a lot of times.....like....a lot...it's not even a thing worth recording

Edited by D A T A, 27 January 2022 - 01:10 PM.

#68 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 04:01 PM

View PostD A T A, on 27 January 2022 - 01:09 PM, said:

48-0 has been done a lot of times.....like....a lot...it's not even a thing worth recording

100 percent. Even to the point that ZMOM, which maybe had a 12 man for about 5 minutes ever popped some 48-0s and that was a straight meme unit not to be taken serious ever.

#69 Nonu

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:52 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 January 2022 - 02:12 PM, said:

Just stop chasing me around the map to dirty FP player

Dude, i don't even know who you are, stop stalking me. Posted Image

#70 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 28 January 2022 - 06:36 AM

View PostNonu, on 28 January 2022 - 05:52 AM, said:

Dude, i don't even know who you are, stop stalking me. Posted Image

I think he wants 1v1

#71 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:20 AM

Well, nothing really new under vitric forge sun.
I really enjoy this game, and have this masochistic "I will come back" obssessive character that loves the BIg challenges.

It´s long to explain here, but my laboral and personal life make me complicated to stay in a team with a regular schedule, because some days i can´t be paying total attention to the lobby before to drop. Or even i have to answer a telephon call in bettween a match. To make it worse, my english and my german are nor fluent enough to be totally relaxed in a discord. An i suffer for this because i love to chat with the teamates.
My unit is the last spanish speakers unit in the game. Drops in Fp no more because they had really horrible experiences in their first attempts. SO, here I am, the last Mohican.

When some say that this is a teamgame, and point to a lot of people insisting in bad builds and worse tactics, you are rignt-
I can understand your point of wiew.
But, here comes the "But", you´re deliberately ignoring all the complexity of the issue.

A game isn´t only about what the rules let you do.
Is about what YOU let yourself do when the rules give you the advantage, too.

Is really easy to try to reduce what Kotis and Nonu are putting on the table to a "Get friends" issue. To a "Git gud" issue. Yes ,we all could work in better in game relations, we all could be better players.

But we all could be more aware to the fact that this is a Game, and the players are human beings, not NPC.

I have seen Nonu, Yondu and other players switch sides for balance. GNX split often in two groups one in each side. Even me, a mediocre player, when i receive invitation to group in the other faction. In 2war some players dare to come alone or in groups of 2. ( But there is some players, in many units, i never NEVER have seen playing with pure pugs)

The funny thing is those players always complaining because some other lone wolves do whatever they can to avoid being focused, killed, and plainly farmed. Those who never lose an opportunity to critisize Primo or Tracker have no idea why they have to play as they do. Maybe just one month of droping solo in fp could give them a idea about how hard mode is to play alone in FP. How funny is to have five guys firing at you every time you show your ears, because you are one of the few potential threats of a catastrophical drop. And this day by day, week by week, month by month. And you have no one to call for help.
Not everybody has this resilience. People comes to Fp because curiosity, or the low hanging fruits of mechbays. They got relentlessly hammered. They quit.

I highly respect the skills of the veterans of FP. I learn every night from you, guys, and yes, slowly but i improve. That´s what means.

But things like i say yesterday, with 2war going in an alt cadets unit, make more than you think in favor of the game. This was hilarious, and the matches fun as hell.
I have to thank you for one of the most hilarious moment in my experience as MWO player, in par when i went with LODD all crabs and a king crab pretending to be "The crab people"

WEll, too much divagation. To resume, there are thing you can do to help the balance in FP. The question is if you enjoy the comunity as a group of human beings, or you thing that only your teamates deserve some consideration and of course your stats.
But stats are, never forget it, Just numbers.
I dont belive this speech will change nothing, but i had to try.

I love you all, mechwarriors

Edited by Tirant Lo Blanc, 29 January 2022 - 08:44 PM.

#72 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 08:20 AM

View PostNightbird, on 27 January 2022 - 10:06 AM, said:

If this is enough, then we've done the same. Great, discussion over.

What?

So you trying to say that you have been doing all of these too "We been trying to keep matches balanced and fair. Not teamkill newplayers or old players if they dont see game as you do. Not trying to find someone to blame on losses, or if they do less than 1000 damage. Trying to respect people"

You dont have to balance game if you dont want to, its up to PGI to do that or people playing condemn your actions.

But lying so much in these topics proof that you are truly narcissist POS

Edited by Kotis77, 28 January 2022 - 08:28 AM.

#73 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 28 January 2022 - 08:58 AM

View PostKotis77, on 28 January 2022 - 08:20 AM, said:

What?

So you trying to say that you have been doing all of these too "We been trying to keep matches balanced and fair. Not teamkill newplayers or old players if they dont see game as you do. Not trying to find someone to blame on losses, or if they do less than 1000 damage. Trying to respect people"

You dont have to balance game if you dont want to, its up to PGI to do that or people playing condemn your actions.

OFC we do it. More - we even invite random PUGs willing to drop with us and we are helping them.
We can throw 1st wave like 1-12 just for memes.

Your rage won't change anything about it.
You isolated/gated yourself.
Stop expecting othres to adapt/cater your expectations

Change your approach and stop throwing sh*t left and right. Invite some randoom ppl from FP. Spend some time with them and give some help/advice. Share builds and strats/ideas.

Ofc you will say that it is known fact that we will TK all PUGs in our team right after shaming them on comms with zero respect. Preferably with LBK rush on them right after we drop. Then we eject to switch to ER LL on Emerald Taiga. Best strat. I believe that you have some projections from you past.

Also I remember your 6-10 man groups with very good players beating sh*t out of PUGs and it wasn't an issue back then. Doin NARC/ATM/LRM on DEF vs clueless PUGs is also very fair. It helped to preserve FP population.

#74 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 09:16 AM

View PostKotis77, on 28 January 2022 - 08:20 AM, said:

What?

We've put more effort into each of these points than JINX. We attack whenever we can, dislodging units that otherwise only defend (including JINX you guys defend far more than you attack). People pick "fun" mechs most drops to self-balance further. For TK, blame on losses, disrespect on comms, etc.. I'm glad that JINX is working on it cuz 2WAR doesn't have any issues here, these are against our rules from the start.

The reason you guys have a small group because of toxicity, you know that right?

Edited by Nightbird, 28 January 2022 - 09:19 AM.

#75 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 28 January 2022 - 09:24 AM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 28 January 2022 - 07:20 AM, said:

But things like i say yesterday, with 2war going in an alt cadets unit, make more than you think in favor of the game. This was hilarious, and the matches fun as hell.
I have to thank you for one of the most hilarious moment in my as MWO player, in par when i went with LODD all crabs and a king crab pretending to be "The crab people"

It was fun.

#76 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 10:48 AM

View Post-P U R E-, on 28 January 2022 - 09:24 AM, said:

It was fun.

That´s the point. It was fun for ALL.

that is what the games are supposed to be for everybody.

Quod quid erat demonstrandum. XDXD

#77 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:55 PM

View PostNPC SLAYER, on 27 January 2022 - 04:01 PM, said:

100 percent. Even to the point that ZMOM, which maybe had a 12 man for about 5 minutes ever popped some 48-0s and that was a straight meme unit not to be taken serious ever.

That hurts my feelings, Ragnar. IT WAS REAL TO ME!! T_T

#78 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 04:03 PM

View PostNightbird, on 28 January 2022 - 09:16 AM, said:

We've put more effort into each of these points than JINX. We attack whenever we can, dislodging units that otherwise only defend (including JINX you guys defend far more than you attack). People pick "fun" mechs most drops to self-balance further. For TK, blame on losses, disrespect on comms, etc.. I'm glad that JINX is working on it cuz 2WAR doesn't have any issues here, these are against our rules from the start.

The reason you guys have a small group because of toxicity, you know that right?

You really don't need to explain yourself to these people.
You are not responsible for their happiness in a dead game.

#79 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 10:52 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 January 2022 - 09:16 AM, said:

Ok sorry to 2WAR guys except Nightbird. I went too far. You can do what you want in this game. Its allright.

But this mofo lying his teeths off is something that i cant stand.

You did these things as EVIL you did these things with 2WAR tags. Now with lies trying to whitewash your history is faked up.

Maybe nowdays you have been perfect gentleman, but you have did all of these things and our unit has not. Now lying and blaiming (JINX) for doing these things is so low of you. You can attack me all you want but leave rest of JINX out of this.

Everyone knows what we have done and what you guys have done.

Sorry to DSx, 2WAR except nightbird. Why this guy is your leader?

#80 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 10:58 AM

View PostD A T A, on 27 January 2022 - 01:09 PM, said:

May i ask why your unit isnt dropping in FP?

Seen you play more nowdays, but why rest your guys dont like it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users