Bloodname Booster Pack Preorder Available Now!

99 replies to this topic

#21 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 January 2022 - 08:26 PM

As near as I can tell, here is the design philosophy behind the KFX-P:
-Detatch the side torso ballistics from the fixed jumpjets
-Bring the side torso energy hardpoints out from behind a paywall
-Mirror the Ballistic/Missile arm of the Prime to the opposite side
-Mirror the Energy/Missile arm of the -S to the opposite side.

I'm still curious why this was chosen over adding a missing variant of another 'mech, but that's what the 'mech does, in case anyone's wondering.

#22 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 January 2022 - 09:40 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 January 2022 - 08:26 PM, said:

As near as I can tell, here is the design philosophy behind the KFX-P:
-Detatch the side torso ballistics from the fixed jumpjets
-Mirror the Ballistic/Missile arm of the Prime to the opposite side
-Mirror the Energy/Missile arm of the -S to the opposite side.

I'm still curious why this was chosen over adding a missing variant of another 'mech, but that's what the 'mech does, in case anyone's wondering.

The torso comes with energy and ballistic at the same time.
Should allow some strong brawler builds with lasers and machine guns.

#23 RJF Daniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 09:51 PM

As usual: interesting, but not worth $20.

#24 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 11:27 PM

Happy to see the the Summoner FINALLY getting some omnipods worth a damn, but no. Why? Reason 1: Where's the IS pack? Reason: 2 Lazy cash grab is lazy cash grab. Seriously, elemental bolt ons and 90's cartoon derived paint jobs didn't sell the Warden pack; ECM did. Anyways, a "second coming" is just boring after the hype already burned out after the Warden pack. And third: They're omnimechs. Wait 4 months, and then buy the omnipods for a fraction of the c-bills it would take to buy the mech. If the CT ain't pack ECM on an omnimech priorly incapable of running ECM, it ain't worth buying early.

The "Predator" pack was a huge miss for me, and this is a bonafide follow up to the Predator Pack's disappointing offerings. Now, if an Awesome-9Q and a King Crab-008 were packaged together, I'd be screaming "Take my money" like I did when you revealed the Warden Pack. This is so lackluster, the only attraction here is the side torso omnipods for the summoner, and that ain't worth 20 bucks, no matter how hard you try spin the nostalgia factor.

EDIT: one of the fun things about the KGC-008 was that it reportedly bore a more "streamlined" chassis, which made it much easier to distinguish from every other KGC chassis; which would make for some interesting artistic inspiration as far as exclusive bolt-ons are concerned.

Edited by Clay Endfield, 29 January 2022 - 12:40 AM.

#25 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 January 2022 - 12:44 AM

PGI

PLEASE put some decent bonus types on the CTs (NOT the S08 crap) this time around to rationalize their use vs existing CTs.

Last time I was concerned that hard points the CTs on the Pred pack mechs had nothing to offer vs mechs already in the game. What did the new mechs get? BA got a velocity boost (that's meh, ok), and ShadCat got a jumpjet cooling bonus.... along with every other single Shadcat in the game, ie 0 reason to use the new Shadcat CT unless you are using the exact new one entirely due to S08 stuff.

Yeah, I feel like I got a bit burned on the Pred Pack, and that's a shame because I know your art folks put in a good amount of effort for it. Please let us not have a repeat of the Pred Pack.

#26 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 01:30 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 28 January 2022 - 03:43 PM, said:

Can we get like an IS 90+ toner with 10 laser hard points like a psyclops or something? That would be pretty cool since there are no IS mechs with 10 or more energy hard points.

30 tonner with 14-16 energy hardpoints ty.

Edited by Curccu, 29 January 2022 - 01:30 AM.

#27 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 01:35 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 28 January 2022 - 08:26 PM, said:

If you like to play lights just buy it from 50% sale with Xmas MC that you got or something, lights are cheap to get.

#28 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 29 January 2022 - 03:16 AM

More TRON wire frame-like OmniMechs?

Yes please! :)

If I only didn't lose my job due to economical and fiscal reasons...

#29 B O O M E R A N G

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 04:17 AM

Victor Energy boat next lmao

#30 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:11 AM

View PostB O O M E R A N G, on 29 January 2022 - 04:17 AM, said:

Victor Energy boat next lmao

This one will be next to impossible to implement, lol. Posted Image

VTR-9B Victor Li The custom Victor used by Tai-sho Li Dok To in the Fourth Succession War, this variant removed all the standard weapons and replaced them with a single LRM-15 mounted in the left torso and ten Medium Lasers carried in the 'Mech's right arm. Armor and movement profiles remained unchanged, but it carried a total of nineteen heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,625

#31 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:16 AM

Pre Ordered as i have zero Summoners and this one looks actually usable. And i always love Kitfox's even if everyone else knocks them, they are decent.

Edited by Nomad Tech, 29 January 2022 - 06:26 AM.

#32 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:33 AM

View PostCurccu, on 29 January 2022 - 01:30 AM, said:

30 tonner with 14-16 energy hardpoints ty.

LMAO :)

#33 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:41 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 28 January 2022 - 09:40 PM, said:

The torso comes with energy and ballistic at the same time.
Should allow some strong brawler builds with lasers and machine guns.

I mean, possibly. Those have been done before in other configurations, albeit to a lesser degree. Now you can do 5x MG, 4xE, or 4xMG, 6xE vs previously 4xMG, 4xE, but that may wind up too hot, or not enough ammo, or missing the mobility given by those two JJ, and not be that big a difference.

That still doesn't answer why, in the discussion of "which 'mechs should be next", the Kit Fox was selected over all other 'mechs... There are various missing versions of the Hellbringer, for example, which would have shown off the brotherhood between Thor and Loki. Or any number of other canon 'mechs that could have added a lot to their respective chassis. So I'm curious why they decided to invent a new Kit Fox over simply adding a missing variant from another chassis entirely.

#34 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 563 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:44 AM

This could be a good moment to give the Summoner a nice redesign so that it doesn't look like it has been designed by a six year old either on paper or with some clay or Play-Doh (if you don't know what that is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-Doh ) but it seems I am the only one with this opinion so far ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:44 AM

View PostCurccu, on 29 January 2022 - 01:35 AM, said:

If you like to play lights just buy it from 50% sale with Xmas MC that you got or something, lights are cheap to get.

Oh, I completely agree, and said as much in a Discord conversation I had a few minutes later. Heck, the pack is $20, but the hero Kit Fox is $10 on the web store. As a 50% MC sale item, it's probably $2 or $3 worth of MC, which is easily earned from events, these days. The "out from behind a paywall" thing isn't gonna happen until the CB drop three months after the pack release, and is really just a technicality in the present day.

#36 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:48 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 29 January 2022 - 06:44 AM, said:

This could be a good moment to give the Summoner a nice redesign so that it doesn't look like it has been designed by a six year old either on paper or with some clay or Play-Doh (if you don't know what that is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play-Doh ) but it seems I am the only one with this opinion so far ?! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nah, the Summoner design from PGI looks relatively consistent with the original artwork for the 'mech.

Posted Image

Edited by C337Skymaster, 29 January 2022 - 06:48 AM.

#37 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:56 AM

SRM hardpoints in both legs!

Please please please MWO, make this happen!! ;)

View PostC337Skymaster, on 29 January 2022 - 06:48 AM, said:

Nah, the Summoner design from PGI looks relatively consistent with the original artwork for the 'mech.

Posted Image

#38 Lepestok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,023 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 29 January 2022 - 07:05 AM

Guys, add animation to the elementals. Static elementals don't look cool. It would be cool if they were belligerently shaking their hands at the moment of killing an enemy mech.

Edited by Lepestok, 29 January 2022 - 07:13 AM.

#39 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2022 - 07:38 AM

View Postw0qj, on 29 January 2022 - 06:56 AM, said:

SRM hardpoints in both legs!

Please please please MWO, make this happen!! Posted Image

Unfortunately, my understanding is this is already a hard "no" from PGI, probably due to the difficulty in aiming a third reticle. It's literally why we don't have the Crusader. Although for that matter, the MLX-G's two torso energy, and the CDA-3C's two torso MG's (bloated to 4) were supposed to be in the legs, as well. Such has been PGI's solution to leg-mounted weaponry.

#40 SniperFury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 08:18 AM

I feel really bad saying this but...this looks like you just took the skin and bolt-ons from a very popular pack and moved it to different mechs. This is actually of the first packs I am underwhelmed by, I am actually very sorry to say that. We need to see actual improvement and substantial changes soon.

I am curious how difficult would it be to add new weapons that used in game models but has stats changed to act like HAGs for example.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users