225 replies to this topic

#201 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 05:23 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 02 March 2022 - 09:18 AM, said:

Thread is pinned - there will most likely be additional news posts as the Road Map updates.

Matt,

Time to add Uzeil to the march free mech!

And a "Big Thanks" for adding the 2021 complete updates.. This is great having the patches in an easy to find location. You guys really did do a lot last year even if it did fall short of everything you set out to do. I hope to see much more added to this map by December.

II do hope that flex team can do some stuff and maybe hit on some of the long standing QOL improvements even if it is just a Hover tag so we can see the stock Quirks for the mech without going back to the Sold store or removing them all on your mech or a few more Favorites style tab filters. Even if you could add 2-3 more, (just do it the same way, Instead of a single favorites start add a few more to the mech portrait leading to a couple other tabs.) Just a couple more filter tabs would make a world of difference.

A better global chat system or even just a bit of an update could also do wonders for finding a group or just people to chat/ask question about the game. I know your chat is mainly for faction, but a simple Open chat for QP, newbie Q's and such would be a welcome feature. Even just merging the faction chats into a single group would be a big improvement. Unless i'm missing something there isn't a Strat to Faction outside of Win matches.

It's never to late to improve the chat/group system. :)

#202 Be my Guest

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 March 2022 - 02:52 AM

In case you PGI guys going through this thread:

Absolute Minimum changes for me coming back:

1. Skill tree substantial reduction of nodes
2. Mech quirks being visible in a separate colour
3. Matchmaker rework and transparency about groups (colour coded) (I am absolute pro SOUP by the way).

But on the long run there must be at least some development of the game modes as well.

#203 Locked Bolt

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 12:40 PM

Hey Matt are we going to get loot bags this March like it says in the Road Map? Because the free Mech event was already posted and entirely separate.

#204 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 03:03 PM

View PostLocked Bolt, on 10 March 2022 - 12:40 PM, said:

Hey Matt are we going to get loot bags this March like it says in the Road Map? Because the free Mech event was already posted and entirely separate.

St. Pattys i suppose

#205 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 March 2022 - 07:38 AM

I just really hope that that little hidden mech hints we got the Phoenix Hawk 2c (sorry, I like that better than the unicorn Crusader)... Bags would be nice en-masse as I need tons of GXP now that I have CBs (skill my mechs, they need some love in FP).

#206 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 March 2022 - 09:17 AM

Did we ever get the definition of "Environment Probes" on maps?

#207 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 March 2022 - 02:45 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 March 2022 - 09:17 AM, said:

it's a CryEngine term: https://docs.cryengi...vironment+Probe

Edited by Horseman, 14 March 2022 - 02:45 PM.

#208 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 March 2022 - 10:18 PM

More metallic paint varieties? :) ;) :)

> Tweaking Environment Probes
>
> High reflective materials are suggested to be used in conjunction with SSR (Screen Space Reflections)
> as it will provide localized real-time reflections.

View PostHorseman, on 14 March 2022 - 02:45 PM, said:

#209 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2022 - 11:31 AM

I suspect reflections in environmental objects and water.

#210 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 15 March 2022 - 02:33 PM

Anything on when the Lucky Charms Event will start????

#211 Beffa

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 09:12 PM

Bit late to the party, but still wanted to share my 2cents

Even with the clarifications regarding the roadmap, all that's changed is that there's now a bunch of TBDs on it and nothing new or exciting whatsoever. Yeah i get that the team probably has much as funds as the salary of a daycare worker at this point but still, there's a lot of low hanging fruits to grab that could freshen the experience.

No new weapons such as Silver bullet gauss, binary lasers or hyper assault gauss, all of which could easily be implemented in the game for relatively low effort, and yet there's absolutely nothing of the sort.

No new mechs except maybe Crusader and maybe some new variants that will be forgotten in a matter of days. So exciting, really. What about getting rid of this unspoken rule of no IS omnimechs and adding the Templar to the game and other IS omnis?

Nothing regarding the matchmaker or premades. t3 to t1 is infested with 4man drops in fully optimized lances going against randoms.

Nothing regarding the skill tree. That abomination has been one of the, if not THE, biggest reason for this game's decline. Massive and shallow as it gets. An objective failure of a skill tree.

Probably little balance changes, if i were to bet; Yeah the Cauldron's doing okay even if they're doing the exact same thing that every "community balance council" does, aka balance the game for their own playstyle and then expect the average player to adapt to it. (CoughLasersCough CoughLongRangeMetaCough) Hopefully there's more quirk passes at the very least. Mechs like the Zeus that rely on structure without reduced chances to take crits and so on all need to get looked at.

This leaves us with maps. That's it. New maps are cool don't get me wrong but that's quite literally the only actually "new" content and most of them are just QP transitions from FP.

You're trying to sell stale bread in a market where there's all kinds of bread types of a way higher quality. You can't expect people to try your game and spend money when the product is in this condition. There's plenty of low-hanging fruits to be picked that could freshen and spice the game up but none of this seems it'll ever happen.

To me, this whole project seems awfully mismanaged, which is a shame because there's some real talent in the team. One just has to look at how beautiful the mechs are to see that.

Another year of next-to-nothing even if EVERY item on the roadmap sucessfully releases (I doubt that). I'll play a few games for the monthly mechs i'm interested in and that's it. Like always, a shame.

Edited by Beffa, 15 March 2022 - 09:18 PM.

#212 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 March 2022 - 06:42 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 March 2022 - 09:17 AM, said:

They mentioned it in the post about the Platinum mechs and it had to do with improper lighting affecting how the skins looked. Wrong color or brightness I suppose, however it affects the material.

#213 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 17 March 2022 - 02:19 PM

I saw "probes" and clenched my butt.... :D

#214 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 March 2022 - 07:59 PM

I hope that my gold Atlas (with Platinum Collection camo skin) would look even better after this new environmental probe March 2022 patch! (My gold mech has not been shot on purpose, yet!)

By the way:
I also wants my Gold Annihilator ;)

Gold Atlas = Jade Falcon Gold + Platinum Camo !
Platinum Atlas = Titanium White + Platinum Camo !
Gun Metal Grey Atlas = Obsidian Black + Platinum Camo !

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 17 March 2022 - 06:42 AM, said:

They mentioned it in the post about the Platinum mechs and it had to do with improper lighting affecting how the skins looked. Wrong color or brightness I suppose, however it affects the material.

#215 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 03:28 PM

View PostBig-G, on 17 March 2022 - 02:19 PM, said:

I saw "probes" and clenched my butt.... Posted Image

When I see "probe" I think of Cartman in South Park too! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

- https://en.wikipedia...s_an_Anal_Probe
- https://www.imdb.com...r/rm3385927680/
For those who don't know ;)

#216 TWLT S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 07:41 AM

Hey Guys, I know its PITA, but your roadmap needs to be updated.

- New March map has an name (roadmap still is TBD).
- But what about "Matchscore tuning". Was it done with the march patch or pushed to next month?

#217 Raydeen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2022 - 02:02 PM

With every release of mechs sales are worse than the last you might think that management would smarten up and fix the matchmaker or the balance, gameplay is what makes money.

#218 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 March 2022 - 02:17 PM

View PostRaydeen, on 27 March 2022 - 02:02 PM, said:

you might think that management would smarten up and fix the matchmaker or the balance, gameplay is what makes money.

That's what the last year of weapon, mobility and quirk changes based on the Cauldron's input is for?

#219 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 29 March 2022 - 04:43 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 25 February 2022 - 06:19 PM, said:

No new chassis????
FIremoth, more IICS (Locust, shadowhawk, Griffen WOlverine (aka Hellhound) ?

View PostRaydeen, on 27 March 2022 - 02:02 PM, said:

With every release of mechs sales are worse than the last you might think that management would smarten up and fix the matchmaker or the balance, gameplay is what makes money.
The warden pack was great the bloodname pack wasn't very good I barely use the summoner.

A kitfox with ECM in the torso side or center would be nice.

Edited by KursedVixen, 29 March 2022 - 04:46 AM.

#220 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 01 April 2022 - 07:58 AM

Just purchased my Crusader Ultimate package! Whoo Hoo!!!

Any chance there are some April Fools Shenanigans about to happen?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users