We Have War

76 replies to this topic

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2022 - 12:33 PM

i get my news from both left and right wing outfits, some libertarian and centrist outfits too. i have a simple method for sifting out the bs. if these outlets agree with eachother on an issue its news, if they disagree wildly, then its probibly just thumping the party line. they will find an issue of little relevance, figure out what side the other guys are on, and take the opposite view. being contrary to the opposition is almost a compulsion for these types. its like in electronics when you have differential signal pairs. the noise cancels out and the data shows up clear.

#42 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 11 March 2022 - 04:19 AM

neo facists for example from germany now fighting on both sides

poor People bleeded for a Rich Interests,like all Wars in the Time

#43 Usil

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 12:26 PM

Hate to say it, but.....this invasion of Ukraine by Russia is the start of WW3.

NATO and the "West" have pumped too much money, munitions, and investment into it. They cannot ALLOW Ukraine to fall. If it does it will show everyone who is not in it that they really cant backup any of its promises.

The media coverage has been constant right now. It will eventually sway the masses sadly. Simply because many don't realize the true consequences of the action. If the pres of Ukraine is ever killed...it will trigger the masses for a response. I mean hell his balls could be melted down and made into a Buick probably. Whether he is corrupt and all that jazz i dunno. But he has managed to sway a lot of the public at large. I am just looking at triggers in all this really.

Putin can't afford to lose at this point. He loses this war in Ukraine he will lose everything he has and if you have looked at where he has come from....he doesn't want to go back to that. Not after the power he has attained. Also given his personality....I think he is a "take it/them with him" kinda guy.

I don't see this any other way except the Russian population rising up and ousting him or well...WW3 starting.

If anyone sees a different outlook by all means lets discuss. But....Its been fond chaps. Trying to enjoy things before things go crazy. Stay safe.

Say no to War

Edited by Usil, 11 March 2022 - 01:38 PM.

#44 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 04:47 PM

I have to say I'm not okay with PGI deciding to politicize this little hobby corner of ours with their newest event and basically taking the playerbase hostage in taking sides.

Anyone who is able to turn off TV and read insightful blogs or something knows that there is more than one side to this conflict - no matter where you stand on the issue. PGI could have made this a blue-yellow Uziel vs. tricolor Roughneck event. Or maybe add a blue-white fire support Nato Cat into the mix... Posted Image Or most simple and elegant: Just not let this creep into the game, apart from this off-topic forum thread.

What'll be next? Will we soon see a code of conduct update where PGI will take sides on that other topic which divides the playerbase? Will they find some way to mock the 'anti-establishment'-acting candidate in the game when the next election in Canada comes around? I can only see this alienate players and make the dwindling playerbase even smaller.

#45 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 March 2022 - 05:40 PM

Well to be fair, only one side of the conflict is leveling cities. Kinda hard to support that side.

#46 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 09:00 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 09 March 2022 - 11:13 PM, said:

The plot thickens..

As I have been saying there is far more to this than is being let on. Posted Image

Not to beat a dead horse here, but there is reporting ongoing that Mr Carlson actually stated the OPPOSITE of what US government sources were quoted in order to make this pro-kremlin assertion. More to this than is being let on indeed!

https://youtu.be/lqwfbKrU3Eo

#47 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 11:41 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 11 March 2022 - 05:40 PM, said:

Well to be fair, only one side of the conflict is leveling cities. Kinda hard to support that side.

Things do not get more true just because you repeat them. I follow the video/picture/text material produced in the war daily in media of both sides and I can't see more victims/destruction than in other operations of this magnitude. There is also clear exaggeration and bias on both sides, which I find especially problematic in case of Western media, since it is supposed to be a higher level of journalism. Another point about the destruction is that some of it can be, according to viewpoint, attributed to the West due to their arms and volunteer supply (the "it would be over more quickly" argument). Yet another issue with that is that you have to discount most reports, pictures and videos of destruction (both during and post-explosion) due to inability to discern who caused it (I believe there is a huge risk of false-flagging here since Western media thirsts so badly for any material of destruction and victims). It's just really complicated is my point. Too complicated to just chime in to the current Western #StandwithUkraine good vs evil Jedi vs Dark Side campaign like PGI does here.

Edited by Darko Nagasawa, 12 March 2022 - 12:15 AM.

#48 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 02:22 AM

View PostDarko Nagasawa, on 11 March 2022 - 11:41 PM, said:

Things do not get more true just because you repeat them. I follow the video/picture/text material produced in the war daily in media of both sides and I can't see more victims/destruction than in other operations of this magnitude. There is also clear exaggeration and bias on both sides, which I find especially problematic in case of Western media, since it is supposed to be a higher level of journalism. Another point about the destruction is that some of it can be, according to viewpoint, attributed to the West due to their arms and volunteer supply (the "it would be over more quickly" argument). Yet another issue with that is that you have to discount most reports, pictures and videos of destruction (both during and post-explosion) due to inability to discern who caused it (I believe there is a huge risk of false-flagging here since Western media thirsts so badly for any material of destruction and victims). It's just really complicated is my point. Too complicated to just chime in to the current Western #StandwithUkraine good vs evil Jedi vs Dark Side campaign like PGI does here.

I think it's pretty simple...

Russia is invading Ukraine.
Ukrainian civilians are dying on Ukrainian soil.

That's it. Pretty black and white IMO.

#49 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:21 AM

... is what those Star Wars fans are saying who kept quiet for 8 years because TV refused to show them the Alley of Angels and various other atrocities and discriminations. Believe me, I'd love to have a more simple view of the world. Would sleep so much better this way.

#50 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 05:18 AM

Step back and listen to yourself. That argument boils down to “it doesn’t look any more war-like than any other war”. “It’s your fault for taking pictures of it.” and the real gem “it wouldn’t be so bad if they’d just roll over and take it.” Dear God, man, that’s the language of someone who justifies beating his wife.

#51 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 05:40 AM

First of all, she really had it coming. Secondly, please don't put words in my mouth just because your indignation makes you jump to conclusions. We'll obviously not reach any level of understanding for each other. I'll stop here since it's pointless to argue on the internet (hope we can all agree on that one at least). My first comment above was more directed to PGI to express that a part of the playerbase is not comfortable with them dragging their politics into the game. [P.S. If you find sarcasm here, you are a winner]

Edited by Darko Nagasawa, 12 March 2022 - 06:19 AM.

#52 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 March 2022 - 09:02 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 10 March 2022 - 10:28 AM, said:

Since it is Russia who says all the things about neo-n*zis and [...], I am not inclined for this very reason to give them any credence.

Just stating, not judging:

Well, in 2014 German Tagesschau (the oldest and most watched German TV news) and few other media did reports about the Swoboda party AND the Asov Bataillon. Those guys celebrate Stepan Bandera who can be seen as a fascist and must be seen as a voluntary {Godwin's Law} collaborator, so there is that.

As for the Asov Bataillon (or regiment since 2017 – yep, they grew in numbers), there is footage of members sporting nothing short of Wehrmacht and SS uniforms. That is as {Godwin's Law} as you can be imho. Also, those guys shelled – afaik – the living hell out of the civilians in the seperatist regions during the last eight years – 14k to 15k deaths on orders by the Ukrainian government. Most definetely not likeable and not one of our concerns in the past.
What makes Asov even more despicable is the Misanthropic Division. Just read up on them.
From DW (ok, five years old, but still):

Mind you, I am stating, not judging. Are those reasons to go to war (or „special military operation“, as some like to call it)? I do not think so: easily as not likeable as the Ukrainian extremists.

As for Putin claiming that Ukraine wanted nuclear weaponry and the US running biolabs, well, could be true, could be lies. Only time might tell.

I just hope that this war ends soon without too much bloodshed and too many lives lost on all sides. Only god (chose one at your own discretion or not) knows if there is a boy or a girl being killed that might find a cure to cancer (or to war).

#53 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:08 PM

Things do not get more true just because you repeat them.

repeating bs is actually in the propaganda manual. repeat something enough and people just switch their brains off and accept it. nothing to do with the rest of your post. its just if people were more educated about how propaganda works they would be a lot less susceptible to it.

https://en.wikipedia...anda_techniques

Edited by LordNothing, 12 March 2022 - 03:20 PM.

#54 Darko Nagasawa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 11:54 PM

Good point, but I was referring to actual, tangible truth, not perceived truth.

#55 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 08:02 AM

View PostDarko Nagasawa, on 12 March 2022 - 11:54 PM, said:

Good point, but I was referring to actual, tangible truth, not perceived truth.

the only truth we can be certain about is that there is a war happening. that comes with the added baggage of propaganda from both sides as well as outside observers.

#56 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 06:19 AM

And just like with the "trans rights" fiasco - they've withdrawn their formerly vocal support and closed the thread.
Stunning *and* brave! But I mean, what can else you expect from British Columbia?

#57 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 03:52 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 14 March 2022 - 06:19 AM, said:

And just like with the "trans rights" fiasco - they've withdrawn their formerly vocal support and closed the thread.
Stunning *and* brave! But I mean, what can else you expect from British Columbia?

pgi definitely has a conflict of interest. they cant support ukraine directly. they can have a thinly veiled showing of support for the popular western opinion on the matter in the form of the monthly mech event. but at the same time trying to roll out a russian server, which is not going to be cheap thanks to sanctions. i was actually kind of hoping id get better ping times on that one myself. pgi are likely committed and backing out now would probibly backfire. still i expect it to go pear shaped sooner or later.

Edited by LordNothing, 14 March 2022 - 03:52 PM.

#58 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 15 March 2022 - 03:34 PM

Don't go to ukraine as a virtue signal volunteer.. Posted Image

Salty Army is Legion.

#59 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 06:43 AM

Why the **** would anyone without military training go there anyway. War is on and very much not right time to start training some CoD warriors to be real soldiers.

#60 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 March 2022 - 06:56 AM

View PostCurccu, on 16 March 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

Why the **** would anyone without military training go there anyway. War is on and very much not right time to start training some CoD warriors to be real soldiers.

Because reddit is filled with virtue signaling morons who have no common sense? That place is like ground zero for every low IQ person on the net.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users