#61 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:30 AM

Just reduce the 4 mans to 2 man groups and this will be fun!

#62 BestenFallsKonGenial

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:30 AM

View PostBestenFallsKonGenial, on 17 March 2022 - 10:24 AM, said:

less player more tactics.
in my opinion the best decision for a better game expirience:)

but you need people who a capable of playing in teams or grasping tactics

#63 NoZaku4U

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationThe Citadel, Pacifica

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:33 AM

All this does is make back line hiding assaults who refuse to, you know ... assault, even more painful and detrimental.

#64 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:37 AM

View Postmartian, on 17 March 2022 - 09:49 AM, said:

Well, I guess I will have to find something else to do over the weekend.

D R A M A

#65 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:38 AM

8v8 might improve the match maker slightly. it might be easier to source players in closer tiers and exclude the outliers the mm puts in there after it gives up looking for players. i don't think its going to improve things as much at the extremes (1 and 5). people in the middle tiers might get more same-tier games at peak hours.

im actually curious what 8v8 is like because i was playing mwll during the early days of mwo and missed that experience.

#66 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:42 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 March 2022 - 10:38 AM, said:

8v8 might improve the match maker slightly. it might be easier to source players in closer tiers and exclude the outliers the mm puts in there after it gives up looking for players. i don't think its going to improve things as much at the extremes (1 and 5). people in the middle tiers might get more same-tier games at peak hours.

im actually curious what 8v8 is like because i was playing mwll during the early days of mwo and missed that experience.

lol, that's not how math works. The MM will be worse.

#67 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:44 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 17 March 2022 - 10:38 AM, said:

In every instance that I have examined where the match-maker has obviously broken, the match-maker could have done significantly better with how it formed the two teams once the 6 lances had already been formed. The match-maker simply needs to swap lances between the teams to make a better match up either by skill level (average match score weighted by tier) or tonnage, or both.

The broken match-maker has NOTHING to do with population, and besides wait times are not long. The match-maker piles more high tier players on one side than the other, and more tonnage on one side than the other. As a T1 player, if I drop with lower tier lance mates it seems to throw multiple lower tier lances on our team, yet the enemy team is mostly T1. It sucks. Fix the match-maker before doing anything else please.

Edited by Titan Prometheus, 17 March 2022 - 10:56 AM.

#68 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,826 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:47 AM

I had sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun.

Just 150 tons of weight difference:
  • The enemy team: Dire Wolf with 105 alphastrike; Laser-boating Marauder IIC, a pair of Timber Wolves, Orion IIC, Vapor Eagle, etc.
  • My team: One Timby, one Orion IIC, Wolverine, Shadow Hawk and Huntsman plus three Lights
Posted Image

One our Mist Lynx ran away to cap some useless base in the corner of the map, another Mist Lynx ran away to cap other useless base in the opposite corner of the map, but then he changed his mind and ran around without capping, and the Wolverine run to cap the third useless base. So the game was actually not 8 vs 8, but 8 vs 5.

The enemy Dire Wolf opened my CT me with his 105-point alphastrike and I was finished a few seconds later.

In about two minutes it was 1:4, then 1:5 and the game ended 1:8 in 4 minutes after the game beginning.

Would you believe that about two hours ago I was about to spend some cash on MWO and play a few games over the weekend?

Forget it.

#69 Trennbull

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:47 AM

STOP THIS **** RIGHT NOW!

#70 Vladokapuh

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:49 AM

just remove groups and this is perfect

#71 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:49 AM

Patch notes drop when?

#72 Jhebbal Sag

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 10:51 AM

Please add 3vs3 i love it

#73 Greeed7

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:01 AM

Bull sh_t, but thx pgi for weekend off

#74 spannerturner

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:03 AM

Not sure why there wasn't a big announcement. Was playing this morning 12v12, went to the grocery store, jump back on and 8v8. Games were not fun, they were just chaos. They were definitely not evenly matched and the cue took longer than I've ever experienced before (to the point that I thought maybe I had disco'd and just didn't know it). I just don't find this to be enjoyable at all.

I will be back in 2 weeks (business trip) and if it is not back to 12v12, then I will just spend my time and money elsewhere. I know PGI probably doesn't care, and maybe, that's the whole point...?

#75 Darxide318

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:07 AM

View PostNoZaku4U, on 17 March 2022 - 10:33 AM, said:

All this does is make back line hiding assaults who refuse to, you know ... assault, even more painful and detrimental.

This. Every match so far this has happened. And resulted in a loss. Effing dumb.

#76 Chozen One

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:08 AM

Just played my first match and did well with 3 kills and 3 kmdd, it's a lot of fun but now I'll never earn an Ace of Spades. Need to nerf the groups though down to 2. Also there's a spelling mistake on the front page to this where it encourages you to leave a comment in the 'tread'. Yes I'm a grammar ****

#77 THECV47

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:08 AM

I like to see 24 X 24.

#78 Kot Bonifacy

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:16 AM

8v8 feels just right. Finally, there's some space for maneuver and skirmishing on the maps.

#79 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:41 AM

So, that explains all the bad games. Ok, I will stop playing for 5 days. I guess this means the game is finally dying away. After that we shall see if this will be permanent situation ( as I think it will be), like when they merged us with group people. It was fun while it lasted.

Edited by Brom96, 17 March 2022 - 11:48 AM.

#80 Dionis Ra

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:44 AM

PGI should touch red hot rod - this is how current QP feels like for people who play solo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users