8 Vs 8 Quickplay Weekend

563 replies to this topic

#81 olostrosjok

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:48 AM

I wanna shoot my lasers. A lot. Not less. Please put it back.

#82 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:51 AM

Kill this Abomination.

Posted Image

Edited by ExoForce, 17 March 2022 - 11:56 AM.

#83 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 11:56 AM

I would have proffered some in game announcement, but that's just me. I guess a lot people do not even bother with the forums. By the way whatever happened with the public test servers - we had those if memory servers me right? I would have no issues in helping test this abomination, if I also could play normal games. But this was rude surprise when I logged an hour ago.

#84 JeffGoldblum

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 48 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:00 PM

This is possibly the worst change PGI could think of, why lower to 8v8? I know this is an old game, but is this a sign that the game is coming to an end? There seems to be no positives from a player perspective. Playing a light or medium mech is more detrimental to your team than ever before with how poorly designed the matchmaking system works. You run the risk of making your team underweight against a team full of assaults and heavy mechs. The issue happened before but reducing the player pool for quickplay would only make this problem more frequent right?

#85 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:00 PM

I never thought that good group and good player could change fight SO MUCH.

#86 LugasGaming

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:02 PM

In short please do not make this the only quick play option.

8v8 needs to be limited to medium & lights only too.

Please do not make this a perm change.. make it an option to play Along side 12v12

#87 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:03 PM

You all have fun. Thanks to those left at PGI for listening about doing 8v8. But, busy this weekend helping a small local theater put on a Godzilla double feature. Not worth going through a reinstall if no solid plan to make something more permanent. Maybe next time, when it seems more likely. I just remember what was said about, and to me about doing 8v8 back in this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6408025
and this one:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6394995
and how there was nobody left to code for CryEngine:
https://mwomercs.com...ge/page__st__20

#88 klozz

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:06 PM

So far 8:8 KICKS A**.
Everyone is suddently energetic. Massive instant fights.
One wrong decision and it's done.
Every player now has a massive weight.

- love it.

I think we need both 12:12 for casual players and 8:8 for more serious fights.

Edited by klozz, 17 March 2022 - 12:06 PM.

#89 Vamboozle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:09 PM

Really not happy about this change.

Never really enjoyed 8v8 so was glad when we went to 12v12. So now for the next 5 days I find myself back with a game mode I personally don't enjoy.

What's the problem? Why not stop playing for 5 days?

Well had I realised this was coming I wouldn't have redeemed 7 days premium time just before this started - so basically the 5 days premium wasted or play something I don't enjoy.

So PGI will you redeem my 5 days premium?

#90 PsionicMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:10 PM

Well groups appear to make this a mess. Not thrilled about it, but still trying.

#91 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:13 PM

View PostTHECV47, on 17 March 2022 - 11:08 AM, said:

I like to see 24 X 24.

gonna have like 2 FPS...

#92 Trauerklinge

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:17 PM

Solaris: Dead
Faction Play: Nearly dead
Quick Play: Running. The only problem is the matchmaker.

PGI: Hey let's experiment with Quick Play! Do the matches just more unbalanced...

Edited by Trauerklinge, 17 March 2022 - 12:53 PM.

#93 ChipWit

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:17 PM

unless you make it solo drop only and fix the team balance issues, it only magnifies the problems that exist.

#94 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:19 PM

View PostCletus the Fighting Fetus, on 17 March 2022 - 11:40 AM, said:

Just my 2 cents here. Every time a new game mode is created (e.g. Group play, Faction Play, Solaris, Comp Play), it splits the already small player base. Grouping obviously doesn't work with this mode and 90% of my gameplay is grouping with 1-3 other people so this obviously doesn't work for me and my friends. I really thought this was already addressed by adding Comp Play so I'm not sure the purpose of yet another split of the player base.

I'm not a game developer nor am I part of the 'Cauldron' so I don't know the rationale behind this. I do think, however that these kinds of things could be successful if we had a huge player base. Since that is not the case, I think it is more likely to just split the player base more and have adverse effects on matchmaking.

I do know that I am unlikely to play the new game mode as I like to play with my friends but not against coordinated teams. We are the 'Filthy Casuals' you hear some complain about. Posted Image

So you think you should be entitled to get on with your friends and play a bunch of disorganized solo players? Well, big of you to admit it I guess.

There is this game called MechWarrior 5 that you should check out. You can group up with your friends and not have any difficulty that way.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 March 2022 - 12:24 PM.

#95 CnBlackBeard

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:19 PM

I've played a couple of 8vs8 games, I realized one thing, MWO has died for me, and in the next five days I'll be playing something else, someone behind 8vs8, you're just boring people. Posted Image

#96 Farmer1971

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:21 PM

Hate this 8v8 nothing but blue skill beams hacks and getting no xp or match score hard to complete events or skill up new mech this way. Please go back to 12v12 as soon as possible. May not even play until this is over. Also if PGI is going to keep it this way they might as well only have the Skirmish mode because that is what all the matches end up being. Hard to play the objectives.

Edited by Farmer1971, 17 March 2022 - 12:41 PM.

#97 JadeTornado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:23 PM

The quality of matches has decreased. I don't think their quantity is worth it. But looking at the roadmap matchscore adjustment, I think you've decided already.

#98 FoxDi

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:25 PM

Please consider keeping it this way! hell consider a 4v4 as well!

#99 Trost

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:27 PM

i think i don't play MWO this week.

#100 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:27 PM

So far the 8v8 change has encouraged people in the matches I've played to say "let's stay in <place near drop> and wait". Lots of very conservative (aka timid) play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users