Mwo Road Map Update!

70 replies to this topic

#61 benben10

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 10:38 AM

The cost to successfully enter faction play(FP) is WAY TOO HIGH, and one of the many barriers to entry.
Many players know that about half of the battle is won in the mechlab/mech selection.
Having the right mechs and a variety of drop decks to choose from means you have Cbills and MC invested in things that are used exclusively for faction play.

Faction play already has a huge skill/team-coordination gap versus quick play. I really think if FP is important then as many barriers need to removed as possible and also it couldn't hurt to throw huge rewards/incentives out there.

---
Also a "Looking-For-FP" counter/queue could be useful. I am not going to sit paralzyed in queue for FP if its currently 0-0 or 2-1.
Let me click a check box that increases a counter that everyone can see while I use the mechlab. I will jump in FP if I know other people are already waiting to play.

#62 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 April 2022 - 04:26 PM

FP is a dead game mode that PGI is not willing to invest effort in. See how none of the new maps made recently were even added to it?

#63 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 April 2022 - 06:03 AM

Captain's notes: For the future, we will try not to roll out a major patch on a Tuesday right after a 4-day long Easter weekend holiday!

Apparently our ship also had to deal with another (classified) endeavor, a secret project known as MW5 DLC3...

So both as captain of our crew, and on a personal capacity, our ship and our crew were strung tight coping with both of these major endeavors rolling out at around the same time! ;)

#64 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 15 April 2022 - 08:46 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 April 2022 - 04:26 PM, said:

FP is a dead game mode that PGI is not willing to invest effort in. See how none of the new maps made recently were even added to it?

Yeah, you'd never see maps like them in FP. Hellebore in faction? Bah!

#65 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:23 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 31 March 2022 - 10:13 AM, said:

Well, this has been an exciting month for MechWarriors throughout the Inner Sphere! We were finally able to announce the news that the first new 'Mech chassis is being added to MWO since the Dervish was released almost 3 years ago! The Crusader has consistently been the most-requested 'Mech by our community for years, and our team is just as excited as you are to finally see it on the battlefield. Mark and Co. are busy making this iconic 'Mech a reality, and we've had a sneak peek at the cockpit and it will be one of the best yet! More info on the Crusader coming today with the launch of the pre-order, and we will be sure to ask Mark nicely if he can share some of that progress with everyone as he is able.

can we have the Locust IIC next?

#66 McGrizzled

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 08:43 AM

Can the RoadMap get a link or a pic on the main MWOMercs page so it is easier to get to? Like on the right hand side between the pic for MWO Events and Challenges and the pic for Mech Con Website.

#67 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 12 June 2022 - 11:06 AM

I think we are due for a Roadmap update as we are now mid-year :)

With what's been achieved so far and then the upcoming/planned/wishlist of things to do,

Thanks in advance!
Best,

#68 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 08 January 2023 - 01:47 AM

please update the game engine we want to see new effects
I feel sad when I see the really new game :(

#69 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 08 January 2023 - 01:29 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 08 January 2023 - 01:47 AM, said:

I feel sad when I see the really new game Posted Image

Without an appropriate budget and resource allocation, this will never happen... so don't hold on to this hope...

#70 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 09 January 2023 - 06:38 AM

Alas there is no way to update the game engine without installing a new one right now. In order to install a new engine you are basically developing a new game, and that is why it will never happen.

Sadly there is code that runs the game and it "talks" to the game engine using specific syntax that is not identical across engines/platforms/languages and so when you need to do a major revision update even it can break stuff due to deprecation or they closed off a security hole.

#71 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:07 AM

Bad idea considering the fact that there are a lot of people playing this game on VERY OLD hardware and when I say VERY OLD you have to think towards SERIOUSLY OLD hardware like older than the game! Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users