- - - - -

Mechlab Confusion

15 replies to this topic

#1 WereGenie

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 07:36 PM

Why aren't items in my inventory displayed in Mechlab Warehouse?
I just bought a C-ERML and it is in my Warehouse but not in my Warehouse.
Color me confused.

Edited by WereGenie, 02 May 2022 - 07:36 PM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 07:58 PM

View PostWereGenie, on 02 May 2022 - 07:36 PM, said:

Why aren't items in my inventory displayed in Mechlab Warehouse?
I just bought a C-ERML and it is in my Warehouse but not in my Warehouse.
Color me confused.

The "Weapon systems" tab shows only your surplus weapon systems. If your freshly bought Clan ER Medium laser is still equipped on your 'Mech, it will not show up. If you strip it from your 'Mech and save the changed loadout, that Clan ER Medium laser will show up in your inventory.

#3 WereGenie

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 08:43 PM

View Postmartian, on 02 May 2022 - 07:58 PM, said:

The "Weapon systems" tab shows only your surplus weapon systems. If your freshly bought Clan ER Medium laser is still equipped on your 'Mech, it will not show up. If you strip it from your 'Mech and save the changed loadout, that Clan ER Medium laser will show up in your inventory.

Thanks but I wasn't clear in my first post. the Items I bought were from the store. I CAN'T find them in my warehouse to equip them.

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 08:47 PM

View PostWereGenie, on 02 May 2022 - 08:43 PM, said:

Thanks but I wasn't clear in my first post. the Items I bought were from the store. I CAN'T find them in my warehouse to equip them.

Are you sure that you are not attempting to put them on a IS 'Mech?

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 May 2022 - 05:12 AM

View Postmartian, on 02 May 2022 - 08:47 PM, said:

Are you sure that you are not attempting to put them on a IS 'Mech?

Right, you can't mix tech. Even if you have zero of a weapon system you can still put it on the mech and it will charge you right there in the mech lab. But if it doesn't show up at all... you won't see clan tech in the mech lab for a inner sphere chassis.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 03 May 2022 - 05:13 AM.

#6 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 03 May 2022 - 06:46 AM

Hey, a warm welcome to MWO!

Yeah, unfortunately one cannot mix IS/Clan tech.
ie: IS mech cannot equip Clan weapon/equipment, and vice versa.

If you wish pointers for how to set up a stable of mechs geared towards monthly free mech rewards,
please do let us know!

(Nowadays it's mainly match score & damage based metrics for free mech rewards, so any mech will do.
But there's occasionally that Event where you need to achieve xx ballistic/energy/missile damage objectives!)

#7 WereGenie

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:04 AM

Nope, FIgured that out from the tutorial I watched on YouTube. Trying to swap MGs and ammo on Mist Lynx Prime for C-ERML.

#8 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:23 AM

View PostWereGenie, on 03 May 2022 - 08:04 AM, said:

Nope, FIgured that out from the tutorial I watched on YouTube. Trying to swap MGs and ammo on Mist Lynx Prime for C-ERML.

You can not put energy weapon (yellow colour) into the ballistic hardpoint (purple colour).

You must change the entire OmniPod, i.e. you must use OmniPod with as many energy hardpoints (yellow colour) as many energy weapons you wish to use.

#9 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:25 AM

Glad you've figured out weapon swap!

==>Trust you have also found out how to swap in OmniMech torso parts!
ie: You do not need to buy other mechs!

Using your Mist Lynx Prime as an example:
[MechLab]>>[Loadout]>>[Warehouse]>>[OmniPods]
~Drag+drop the torso part you wish onto your mech's target torso part: [Title_bar_of_the_Mech_part]

#10 WereGenie

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:38 AM

ok, color me stupid butI can't get my screenshots to paste here no matter what I try.
I am trying to swap the MGs and ammo from a Mist Lynx Prime for an ERML. The Laser and both
Tag systems I got from a supply drop show in my Inventory. My Warehouse however does not
even show the "Energy" Tab under Weapons, only Ballistic and Missiles. This is the crux of the
problem. Frankly guys, the Mechlab is more confusing than the first time I opened Rhino and tried to create a 3D render with no prior Knowledge. A HUGE weakness in a great game.

#11 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 09:08 AM

View PostWereGenie, on 03 May 2022 - 08:38 AM, said:

ok, color me stupid butI can't get my screenshots to paste here no matter what I try.
I am trying to swap the MGs and ammo from a Mist Lynx Prime for an ERML. The Laser and both
Tag systems I got from a supply drop show in my Inventory. My Warehouse however does not
even show the "Energy" Tab under Weapons, only Ballistic and Missiles. This is the crux of the
problem. Frankly guys, the Mechlab is more confusing than the first time I opened Rhino and tried to create a 3D render with no prior Knowledge. A HUGE weakness in a great game.

This silly forum doesn't accept stuff like link to steam screenshots which is stupidly annoying... JPG, PNG, BMP etc will work

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 09:39 AM

Try this:

1. This is the fully equipped Mist Lynx Prime.

Posted Image

2. Click the "OmniPods" tab.

3. Click "Right Arm“.

Posted Image

4. Click here to remove the current "Right Arm" OmniPod. Do not worry, it is going to stay in your inventory with all its weapons and equipment for some future use.

Posted Image

5. We need some OmniPod with one energy hardpoint, so we can equip your Clan ER Medium Laser. For example, "A" OmniPod would fit.

Posted Image

6. Drag that "A" Arm OmniPod into that empty bay.

Posted Image

7. Now you can find your freshly bought ER Medium laser among equippable weapons for your Mist Lynx. That has not been possible before, since you Mist Lynx lacked energy hardpoints.

Posted Image

8. Drag that Clan ER Medium Laser into that empty arm energy hardpoint.

Posted Image

Explanation:
Some Clan 'Mechs are so-called OmniMechs. They can swap various OmniPods between various configurations. Since various OmniPods sport various hardpoints, OmniMechs are easily configurable. The only part that can not be swapped between 'Mechs is the Center Torso.

Note 1
Hero OmniMechs offer unique OmniPods that can be bought only as a part of the entire Hero OmniMech. You can not buy those OmniPods in the 'Mech bay store. However, you can use those Hero OmniPods on a non-Hero OmniMech of the same type.

Note 2
OmniMechs come with the locked Engine, chassis and armor type. These things can not be changed:
  • you can not change the engine size and type.
  • you can not change chassis (from standard to endosteel and vica versa)
  • you can not change the armor type, but you can adjust the armor values)

Edited by martian, 03 May 2022 - 10:44 AM.

#13 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:58 AM

The warehouse or inventory is programmed to filter out equipment that is invalid for the mech you are editing. There is no way to change this. MWO makes use of a hardpoint system where all weapons and a couple other items can only be equipped if you have a valid hardpoint of that type.

In the case of IS mechs, you cannot change the hardpoints. Each variant's hardpoints are fixed to that variant (with multiple variants per chassis which have different arrangements of hardpoints).

In the case of Clan Omnimechs (which is most, but not all of them), there are still variants, but the omnipods can be changed to that of a different variant's. Basically, taking the Right Arm of variant A and putting it on your own Variant B. The Center Torso is what identifies the mech so it cannot be changed (usually it's the same for the most part for all variants of a chassis, besides quirks). The reason for doing this is each variant's omnipods have a different configuration of hardpoints, so rather than sticking to Variant B's stock configuration, you can mix and match omnipods to get a different hardpoint configuration (and quirks!). I won't get into quirks here. After changing an omnipod (you can drag and drop it on top of an existing one, but it must match RT, LT, RA, LA, Head, etc.), the warehouse filter will show additional equipment that is now valid, if the hardpoints have changed. Omnipods cost a fair chunk of change, but any you replace will go into your warehouse if you want to swap them back, or use them on a future mech.

#14 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 May 2022 - 01:45 PM

And essentially, the shorthand of it is... a weapon from the "yellow" category (meaning energy weapons) only fits in a "yellow" hardpoint. As the folks above have stated, clan mechs can swap out hardpoints for a price.

#15 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:35 PM

This forum doesn't have a built-in image hosting functionality.
Paste them to https://imgur.com then link from here.

#16 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 07:31 AM

There, finally found a video streamer swapping Clan OmniPods for you!

This one is the COU-H(P), and you can see at 5min 15sec mark of real time OmniPod swapping in action!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users