• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 June 2022 - 06:09 PM

The MWO game client since the May-2022 patch is definitely more fastidious and finicky (fuzzy) about internet connections...
https://mwomercs.com...-may-2022-patch

I change my internet connections quite often ('sleep' my notebook computer, carry it around, then use another WiFi or mobile broadband connection), and that's why I've noticed this change.

View PostAwesome_X, on 20 June 2022 - 04:23 PM, said:

I still can't log in, it says the servers are under maintenance, is there something I'm missing?

I'm on steam and I've validated the files and there are not any updates.

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 June 2022 - 04:32 PM, said:

Please contact support at technical@mwomercs.com

#24 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 June 2022 - 06:20 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 June 2022 - 04:32 PM, said:

12 is the Max for Challenges Posted Image

I suppose there is always the option of creating an "Error 13 Event – Part 2" where you could insert all the other Challenges you wanted to add? (Trying to think optimistically here!!!) ^_^

Either that, or I can imagine the moment where you're putting a coder to work on expanding the Events System's Database to enable your having the option of up to 24 (or more) Challenges per single page... A fun moment... :P

By the way, if you decide to have a Sale specifically linked to the "Error 13" mess, perhaps the "Digital" & "Fractal" Camos would be a good suggestion for discounting? The way those Camos look, it fits the theme perfectly because of the "digital noise"-styled design that they both essentially have. (I can think of some WarHorns too, but decided to not go overboard here! Please ask me if you want to know what I was thinking of.) :)

~D. V. "trying not to be too overboard with 'Error 13'-related ideas" Devnull

#25 Locked Bolt

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 07:19 PM

Two thumbs up!

#26 Alphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 08:08 PM

Many thanks, PGI crew. What an amazing surprise!

#27 FightingFetus

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 09:35 PM

lol the poem out of the objective titles is pure gold! Even mentioning the date-change workaround lol!!!

Thanks a bunch PGI, you guys are awesome and the added focus you are putting back into MWO is amazing and highly appreciated! Myself and a few friends are back after a year long break because of it! Keep it up!

July 28th will be my 10 year anniversary with MWO!!!

Edited by FightingFetus, 20 June 2022 - 09:39 PM.

#28 supernovazella

• Pip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 10:34 PM

Nice idea. And thank you for the extra time on the sale and event

#29 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 10:41 PM

But I almost managed to arrange my personal life for those day that I could not enter the MWO.

#30 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the event due to the Error 13. Next time if there's something similiar error again, I wonder most of us will be ranting again or eagerly waiting for the after-error-event?

Great move MWO Posted Image

#31 Faol

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 65 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:39 AM

Thumbs up for this cool reaction! :-) And thanx for the goodies!

#32 Dominator355

Rookie

• The Stalker
  • The Stalker
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:00 AM

Thanks guys!
While I didn't loose sleep over not being able to log in, I just played a different game with my mates, happy it is all good again, and appreciate the event, very creative I must say.

#33 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 05:05 AM

How could we stay mad at you after that? Posted Image

#34 JUNKRAT377

Rookie

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 07:37 AM

Brilliant response to the problem guys. Very cool.
Not to be a whiner, but... the event doesn't seem to be logging my games. Even I can manage a match score of 50, but my event page still shows 0% progress after a bunch of games.
It would be very ironic if there was an error in the Error 13 event :)... Am I missing something?

#35 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 07:39 AM

Disregard the last comment. When it posted I see that I was logged in on my son's account, and he hasn't played for a bit. Mine is all good.
Carry on, as you were. Keep up the great work!

#36 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 June 2022 - 09:45 AM

View PostJUNKRAT377, on 21 June 2022 - 07:37 AM, said:

Brilliant response to the problem guys. Very cool.
Not to be a whiner, but... the event doesn't seem to be logging my games. Even I can manage a match score of 50, but my event page still shows 0% progress after a bunch of games.
It would be very ironic if there was an error in the Error 13 event Posted Image... Am I missing something?

View PostGrey Hook, on 21 June 2022 - 07:39 AM, said:

Disregard the last comment. When it posted I see that I was logged in on my son's account, and he hasn't played for a bit. Mine is all good.
Carry on, as you were. Keep up the great work!

Maybe you should reach back into the other post above and apply a StrikeThrough Format to it with an Editor's Note to disregard it? :o

~D. V. "definitely gets the whole thing about making an erroneous posting due to cross-credential mistakes" Devnull

#37 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 21 June 2022 - 10:03 AM

Thanks ! We need more errors like this !!!

#38 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 12:29 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 20 June 2022 - 02:07 PM, said:

Man you guys have really embraced openness and honesty since the acquisition, and I love it. No more gaslighting or misdirection about these sorts of things, just straight up ownership of the issue mixed with a little self-mockery and customer appreciation...even an actual thank you to the community members who helped get the word out on overcoming the problem. Well done.

Though I am a little nostalgic for the old days wherein Russ would have banned most of the "Error 13 WTF?" complainers from his twitter account. Paul would have come out a month later and said it was all due to some technical issue that had nothing to do with the actual issue, then a few months after that created a forum thread asking the community how we could fix the error 13 issue going forward, and then a year later done nothing. The forum mods would have at worst given temporary vacations to posters stating that "Error 13 WTF PGI" posts were a personal attack on PGI personnel, or at best, just locked all such threads and moved them to K-town. Daeron and Phil would have likely hosted an NGNG podcast with Russ about Error 13 issues, wherein for three hours asked Russ revealing questions like: why is PGI considered the best in the business at resolving error 13 issues and why are you our personal savior for addressing this last incredibly rare instance of one occurring?

Yeah, lets never go back to that era. You guys are doing great.

Funny.
I did not follow the team's social dynamics of that period that closely, but I think you are hitting some "Fleas on the head".

They got bought, ha....Enad Global 7, ey....
This is like the opposite of their "Dwarfs" title. "MWO" is about giants Posted Image.

Good Luck! Hope they don't bother the Piranha team.

P.S
Way to tackle the recent Error problem.

P.P.S. Once again - thanks for organizing the skill tree into a sane setup. (as I call it, a module tree).

#39 H E I D I

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 535 posts
  • Locationunterhalb der Schwarzkiefer

Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:14 PM

LOL, you guys are awesome Posted Image very funny

#40 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:56 PM

That's just EPIC!!!
1st of all - there are wery few developers of MMO (of any kind) thosedays who really do such events and fix errors so fast as PGI did, 2nd - poem made my day, so simple thing give so much fun! Thatnks a lot for all who fix errors and make a poems, but mainly to PGI ! Posted Image

P.S. such little things are make me wish to buy something in PGI store (when there will be smth in my wallet, but that's other, sad, story)... Well, 1000 mc and 7 days prem would be fair purshaise, right? ;)

Edited by Pz_DC, 21 June 2022 - 01:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users