June 21St Patch Issues Tracking

70 replies to this topic

#41 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 12:50 PM

I haven't gotten to drop on Tourmaline since the patch, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it as a sniper map. It does look like a MUCH more interesting sniper map than old Polar Highlands, but such extremely specialized maps are understandably frustrating in QP, where you choose your mech before you know the map.

If big changes like that can be done with only 1 variable, would it be possible to run map variations like this in the event queue? 10x range event could be fun...

#42 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 June 2022 - 02:08 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 22 June 2022 - 12:46 PM, said:

Tourmaline Desert is missing all game geo.

Posted Image

Cause:
Final Export before the patch had one layer box Unchecked. The map had been previously checked by QA and Approved and this fresh export was assumed to be in the same state.

Status on Live:
For the time being, we have left it in the map rotation. While unintentional the map remains playable so AFAIK the issue is not breaking gameplay. In fact, it is providing an interesting short-term alternative map version. Players can Opt to not vote for the map. And if you notice modes not working correctly please let us know and we can take the map out of rotation.

FIX ETA:
This will be fixed in the upcoming Hot-Fix ETA TBD

Why not keep these "Tourmaline Flats" as a separate map option?

#43 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 June 2022 - 02:44 PM

View PostHorseman, on 23 June 2022 - 02:08 PM, said:

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
Why not keep these "Tourmaline Flats" as a separate map option?

Only caveat: those giant crystals that were missing are the "Tourmaline" (it's a real thing, apparently, just never that big in real life). Hence the other name suggestions in earlier posts. I really liked the suggestion of "Desolation Dunes". :D

#44 axerion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 297 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdenwald

Posted 24 June 2022 - 03:58 AM

Problem with the new snub nose PPC

All general or specific HSL are currently NOT WORKING with the snub nose ppc
Despite the HSL (and getting no warning because of the HSL) you get a heat penalty nevertheless....

This concerns at least following mechs:

Thunderbolt 9S
Awesome 8Q
Awesome 9M
Marauder II 6s
Annihilator 1E (SNUB-Nose HSL)
Battlemaster 1GHE

Edited by axerion, 26 June 2022 - 02:47 PM.

#45 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:28 PM

Video is compiling prior to upload, so it'll be tomorrow morning before it's ready, but here's a post for the time being: We discovered another Tourmaline Glitch tonight. My unit was dropping Faction, and we got Tourmaline Skirmish. The Inner Sphere team was only able to drop their first wave, and their respawn was bugged. They spent the rest of the match viewing their death screen, and chatting with us in All-Chat.

EDIT: Completed video

Oh yeah, I decided to age restrict it due to the nature of the conversation between the two teams.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 25 June 2022 - 05:41 AM.

#46 Carchemish

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:55 PM

What would I give...

To fix the jumping issues where you jump near a small outcropping and your mech becomes glued to that spot. The game thinks you're falling, so when you become unglued (assuming you're still alive), you take big leg damage. Oh and that damnable bug where you reach the top of a ridge or building by jump jets and you are CATAPULTED upward like riding a goddamn Saturn V. It has been years now. And those places are everywhere, in every map. Is there nothing that can be done??

#47 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 03:34 AM

I like the way tormaline desert is now...

you should make that a new map...

stop getting rid of maps...

#48 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 June 2022 - 05:40 AM

View PostCarchemish, on 24 June 2022 - 09:55 PM, said:

What would I give...

To fix the jumping issues where you jump near a small outcropping and your mech becomes glued to that spot. The game thinks you're falling, so when you become unglued (assuming you're still alive), you take big leg damage. Oh and that damnable bug where you reach the top of a ridge or building by jump jets and you are CATAPULTED upward like riding a goddamn Saturn V. It has been years now. And those places are everywhere, in every map. Is there nothing that can be done??

Honestly, I thought they HAD fixed it, a long time ago, but when they started changing things, whatever the fix was seems to have been undone.

#49 prettyflacco

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 12:41 PM

Just wanted to say these map "bugs" are awesome, would love to see cyberpink neon vitric and tourmaline death match in regular rotation

#50 KDMM Apollo

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 07:45 AM

The "bugged" tourmaline desert is pretty awesome, would be nice to keep it as a permament new map. Thanks PGI.

#51 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 June 2022 - 02:12 PM

I like bugged tourmaline more than normal tourmaline you should keep it as a map variant

#52 TruMantas

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 08:15 AM

For what it's worth, I'd also like to have bugged tourmaline as an separate map. People already vote on the maps they want to play, so there should be little harm and (relatively) little cost in capitalizing on this fortunate accident. Posted Image

#53 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 11:21 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 23 June 2022 - 09:57 AM, said:

Tourmaline is amusing as it is a short term issue.

I will say that absent the objects it makes the map harder for me to navigate. None of it looks the same. Posted Image

If you know the map well you can still use the routes you are used to Posted Image

It's really a HUGE IMPROVEMENT compared to the original version because YOU CAN'T GET STUCK behind those 3 pixels that are supposed to be something on the ground! Posted Image

And because

View PostC337Skymaster, on 23 June 2022 - 02:44 PM, said:

Only caveat: those giant crystals that were missing are the "Tourmaline" (it's a real thing, apparently, just never that big in real life).

are missing you don't have those awkward situations when your huge Assault mech spawns and can't walk or jump over them and has to go all the way around them! Posted Image

Or even worse : Shots getting blocked by invisible parts of the Tourmalines geometry! Posted Image Posted Image

So @ P.G.I. :

PLEASE KEEP THIS VERSION IN THE ROTATION !!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 23 June 2022 - 12:18 PM, said:

Polar/Domination was pretty much the ONLY time anyone fought in the flat area in the middle which was so easy to use LRMs on. That's what gave the map its reputation for LRMs. Sniping is different, and that was always easy on that map, although I'd argue it's the same or slightly worse on the new version, because now you have severely elevated terrain from which to snipe, whereas before you only had low rolling hills and a higher chance of hitting an invisible wall between you and your target.

I know, but as a SRM/MRM/DAKKA/Lasers mechwarrior I really had a lot of fun on that map! Posted Image

The reason why a lot of people hated the map is IMHO because they did not understand that the rocky areas gave you a lot of cover if used properly in all other game modes...

As for reskinning the goofed-up Tourmaline, I'm 100% in favor. It seems like it'd make a really cool grassland area. Posted Image In particular, I want to see the deep pits filled with water, BUT RETAIN THEIR DEPTH. It would be SO cool if we could completely submerge an Annihilator and have it pop up out of the water in a surprise ambush. Posted Image Or have completely underwater fights, etc.

One of the best things about MW2 and MW3, that MW4 and MWO screwed up, was letting water have depth, and allowing for underwater combat.

Please see this Topic for more information about that idea :
https://mwomercs.com...canyon-network/
Posted Image

View PostWraith 1, on 23 June 2022 - 12:50 PM, said:

I haven't gotten to drop on Tourmaline since the patch, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it as a sniper map.

You don't have to be a camper to have fun on that map or even the current version! Posted Image

View PostC337Skymaster, on 24 June 2022 - 07:28 PM, said:

Video is compiling prior to upload, so it'll be tomorrow morning before it's ready, but here's a post for the time being: We discovered another Tourmaline Glitch tonight. My unit was dropping Faction, and we got Tourmaline Skirmish. The Inner Sphere team was only able to drop their first wave, and their respawn was bugged. They spent the rest of the match viewing their death screen, and chatting with us in All-Chat.

EDIT: Completed video

Oh yeah, I decided to age restrict it due to the nature of the conversation between the two teams.

Check your video settings because I see a age-restrictions related issue shown here! Posted Image

#54 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 June 2022 - 11:36 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 27 June 2022 - 11:21 AM, said:

Check your video settings because I see a age-restrictions related issue shown here! Posted Image

Which video settings? I did that to the YouTube upload intentionally because the conversation in all-chat got inappropriate at times.

#55 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 03:47 PM

Please fix the context menu in the player roster (the one with "Friend/Block/Complain"). It is shifted one name entry above its placement. Like, if you want to Friend/Block the top player in the list, the action is actually performed for the second one. Oh, and this has been broken since May I believe.

Edited by nopempele, 27 June 2022 - 03:48 PM.

#56 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 27 June 2022 - 04:31 PM

I just can't put my finger on it, but the latest batch of adjustments have made the game feel more... nerfed...

#57 Fu Sun

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 44 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMadison, Wis.

Posted 27 June 2022 - 06:28 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 22 June 2022 - 04:56 PM, said:

Sooo, like Classic Polar highlands? Posted Image Honestly, the only thing wrong with that map was Domination.

I'm not even sure that was a bad scenario, I had lots of good fights on that one. I don't know why they kill off any map, most of them have some value.

#58 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 June 2022 - 05:17 AM

View PostFu Sun, on 27 June 2022 - 06:28 PM, said:

I'm not even sure that was a bad scenario, I had lots of good fights on that one. I don't know why they kill off any map, most of them have some value.

They kill off maps when people come on here and ***** and moan about how terrible they are and how much they hate them. Naturally, they weight comments like that from Tier 1 players much more heavily than similar comments from Tier 5 players, because those are the so-called "competitive experts" at the game. In fairness, the Tier 1's can usually give specifics about WHY something is terrible, whereas lower tiers more commonly describe something as "feels bad" without giving specifics.

In the case of Polar/Domination, because the matches were played in the flattest area of the map, a single UAV could account for over 1000 damage in incoming missile fire, if there were enough boats on the other team, and frequently, trying to charge into them to close the range only resulted in charging into the line of brawlers protecting them. Normally, the solution to a situation like that is to retreat with your team, find more favorable ground to fight on, and defend that ground while the enemy pushes into YOUR firing line. Missiles are much easier to dodge at range, and there was ground around the perimeter where you could actually take shelter from incoming LRMs. The trouble with Domination is that it holds everybody very close together, and in very unfavorable terrain, so you can't do that. Because it forced combat in a confined area with a specific center that often provided the only available cover (you could try to hide from missiles under the dish, if you placed yourself just right), Polar/Domination also resulted in quite substantial NASCAR, which has long been a complaint from most players. It's always better to shoot someone who's not looking at you, than to shoot someone who is, thus turning every match into a giant game of ring-around-the-rosie.

HPG Manifold was the very first map they tried to "redo", and it had a lot of the same complaints: fairly open across a large part of the map, forcing play to take place around the high center, and because combat was, once again, in a confined location with a central point, it tended to rotate very heavily, so they decided to completely remake it without the central high point. I think they did an abysmal job and I refuse to play on that map, anymore, but I seem to hold a minority opinion. In the same vein as your comment: most of my HPG matches had pretty much already solved most of the problems that were being complained about: getting left behind by rotation was bypassed by shortcutting underneath (leading to some random basement fights of 1v1, or 1v2, or 2v2, which could be interesting), and the long high ridge leading off to the side from the upper platform became a peek/poke line, with combat taking place along that static ridge, rather than revolving around the center like madmen. Additionally, wall-snipers were called out and focused on a regular basis, forcing them to abandon their position lest they take a full alpha from an entire team who's mad they're up there.

The changes I'd make to the remade HPG, if I could, would be to get rid of the artificial wall ramps, and relocate wall access to sloped terrain at the edge of the map (so instead of looking like they built ramps, it just looks like they built the walls into the dirt at the edge); I'd also shrink the size of the dish to about 1/4 of what it currently is, and move the Domination Circle to be centered around it again. It'd make for a completely different fight if the circle is on the edge of the map, and it's the stupidest thing in the world to be fighting over a tiny dish when the big one is less than 1 km away. But again: me = minority.

#59 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 08:16 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 27 June 2022 - 11:36 AM, said:

Which video settings? I did that to the YouTube upload intentionally because the conversation in all-chat got inappropriate at times.

Then this is correct :

This video is age-restricted and only available on YouTube

However I think it also means you can only view it after logging in ?!

Check yourself with a browser that has a clean cache :)

#60 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 June 2022 - 10:33 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 27 June 2022 - 11:21 AM, said:

Please see this Topic for more information about that idea :
https://mwomercs.com...canyon-network/
Posted Image

That thread and idea are actually not complete at this time. It's not actually a good reference versus what the idea's creator intended. Now you've forced me to have to deal with it in the next few hours. No thanks for the trouble you've caused!!! :(

EDIT @ 2022-06-28, 11:13 PM UTC — I've now had the chance to post a proper response in that thread to all the missed questions. It's now hopefully a much better reference than it was before. This unfortunately incurred a massive headache for me in the process, but at least it's finally up-to-date & complete with that response added. Now to find a spot on the battlefields which one can enjoy traveling... :blink:

~D. V. "You should not have referenced an incomplete thread... Now you've caused undue trouble!" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 28 June 2022 - 03:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users