June 21St Patch Issues Tracking

70 replies to this topic

#21 Carchemish

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 08:20 PM

While running the Crusader, all weapon effects (mine and everyone else) seem to be dropped to the lowest graphical settings. I've checked in-game, and mine are up high where they normally are. In any other mech, everything is fine. I've tried adding screenshots, but it keeps telling me that the "post is too short"

#22 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 08:48 PM

I say, name the new form of Tourmaline as Wasteland.

#23 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 09:01 PM

View PostSkydrive, on 22 June 2022 - 08:48 PM, said:

I say, name the new form of Tourmaline as Wasteland.

Yeah, I played on it a couple times and liked it. They should throw it in the rotation.

#24 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 June 2022 - 09:25 PM

Shall we name this as:

~Cyberpunk Wasteland ?

~Badlands of Remembrance? ;)

#25 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 09:46 PM

View Postw0qj, on 22 June 2022 - 09:25 PM, said:

Shall we name this as:

~Cyberpunk Wasteland ?

~Badlands of Remembrance? Posted Image

Desolation Dunes?

#26 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 01:54 AM

Oh my god... I didn't think I'd ever find a map I hated more than classic polar... but Bugged Tourmaline has me punching override for suicide. I don't even feel like scum for it either. PGI wants to ship a broken mess, this is my only recourse for rejecting it. LURMers and blue meta scrubs are celebrating every time this broken mess enters rotation; meanwhile anyone in a brawler?

Don't even bother trying to play. You'll get picked off long before you even see the guys shooting. There's zero cover. Clinging to the sandy bottom of a trench doesn't count; not when the entire enemy team can just fan out and hit you from all sides, using the same difference in elevation you clung too to blow you away with impunity.

And don't get me started on all the spawn-to-spawn sniping going on; I'm not even in match for 15 seconds and my mech is eating C-ER PPCs like there's a covid-panic related shortage of blue.

I cannot believe you kept this in rotation. I refuse to play on such a broken pile of garbage.

#27 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 June 2022 - 03:35 AM

View PostClay Endfield, on 23 June 2022 - 01:54 AM, said:

Oh my god... I didn't think I'd ever find a map I hated more than classic polar... but Bugged Tourmaline has me punching override for suicide. I don't even feel like scum for it either. PGI wants to ship a broken mess, this is my only recourse for rejecting it. LURMers and blue meta scrubs are celebrating every time this broken mess enters rotation; meanwhile anyone in a brawler?

Don't even bother trying to play. You'll get picked off long before you even see the guys shooting. There's zero cover. Clinging to the sandy bottom of a trench doesn't count; not when the entire enemy team can just fan out and hit you from all sides, using the same difference in elevation you clung too to blow you away with impunity.

And don't get me started on all the spawn-to-spawn sniping going on; I'm not even in match for 15 seconds and my mech is eating C-ER PPCs like there's a covid-panic related shortage of blue.

I cannot believe you kept this in rotation. I refuse to play on such a broken pile of garbage.

See, based on all the hate Polar got (and wasn't even bad except on Domination), this is the reaction I was expecting from everyone on Tourmaline, and have been frankly surprised at the enjoyment of it.

View PostHayden, on 22 June 2022 - 09:46 PM, said:

Desolation Dunes?

That said, this would be an amazing name for such a map. :D

View PostLockheed_, on 22 June 2022 - 06:06 PM, said:

This is the original unseen Crusader minifig. Notice those boxes on the shoulders what look almost like the side torsos of an Archer?
This is where the unseen Crusader was carrying it's missiles.
Posted Image

Aahh, okay. I stand corrected, then. This is literally the first time I've seen the missiles anywhere other than the forearms (and I honestly thought that's where they were even before the reseen artwork, just because what else are those huge gauntlets for?)

#28 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,817 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:47 AM

C337Skymaster said:

1655984124[/url]' post='6464378']
Aahh, okay. I stand corrected, then. This is literally the first time I've seen the missiles anywhere other than the forearms (and I honestly thought that's where they were even before the reseen artwork, just because what else are those huge gauntlets for?)

The gauntlets were for lazors, machine guns, and punching things. Posted Image

The torso missile hardpoints get funky too. Put an MRM 30 or 40 high up on the torso and you get 20 tiny tubes on the backpack struts. Put one low, and you get tubes all over the CT as well as the side torso.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 23 June 2022 - 05:47 AM.

#29 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 06:07 AM

View PostClay Endfield, on 23 June 2022 - 01:54 AM, said:

Soooo... basically what it was before Radar Deprivation became so overly common?

#30 Oberst Jaime Wolf

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:18 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 22 June 2022 - 05:59 PM, said:

Wait, the unseen ones had the LRMs in the shoulders? I thought they all had them in the arm gauntlets. There's one or two pictures on Sarna where it looks like the tube openings are in the flat part around the wrist, but you're right that the "original art" picture doesn't show any missiles anywhere at all, leaving placement ambiguous.

Posted Image

Yes, in the books/lore the crusader shoots his missiles from the shoulders. The first miniatures from 30 plus years back show this. Then with new tech (mrm) and new miniatures the lower arm missile pods became a thing but are generally a wrong depiction. Sry I am a lorenerd :)

#31 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 June 2022 - 08:34 AM

View PostOberst Jaime Wolf, on 23 June 2022 - 07:18 AM, said:

Yes, in the books/lore the crusader shoots his missiles from the shoulders. The first miniatures from 30 plus years back show this. Then with new tech (mrm) and new miniatures the lower arm missile pods became a thing but are generally a wrong depiction. Sry I am a lorenerd Posted Image

Never be sorry for being a lore nerd. Me Lore Nerding on PGI is literally how this topic came up. :)

#32 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:07 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 22 June 2022 - 04:56 PM, said:

Sooo, like Classic Polar highlands? Posted Image Honestly, the only thing wrong with that map was Domination.

But... but... but... That was my favorite! Posted Image

I use to call it "The Classic" Posted Image

@ P.G.I. :

Please make sure the 80's cockpit thingy is an option somewhere in the future! ;)
It looks funny and would be great as the alternative option for the orange/brown and blue colors of IS and Clan mechs!

Edited by Roodkapje, 23 June 2022 - 09:09 AM.

#33 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:08 AM

Make some tweaks to Tourmaline-Wasteland and call it a new map. You could make it a grassy map with Forest Colony assets, even water in the low areas to give it a new look. Or Viridian Bog assets. We have enough hot and cold maps already.

#34 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:10 AM

Something I noticed about the Crusader-6T, No matter what arm hardpoint I put a PPC in, I couldn't get them to be mounted in the top shoulder locations. They always ended up center-inside/outside of the arm. Maybe that is a design choice? but it would be nice to be able to have PPCs mount to the two upper arm mount locations so they can be on the same plain as the R/L torso mounts.

#35 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:57 AM

Tourmaline is amusing as it is a short term issue. I will say that absent the objects it makes the map harder for me to navigate. None of it looks the same. Posted Image

Frankly, I don't mind having it like this briefly. Kinda like a special event.

#36 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:20 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 23 June 2022 - 03:35 AM, said:

See, based on all the hate Polar got (and wasn't even bad except on Domination), this is the reaction I was expecting from everyone on Tourmaline, and have been frankly surprised at the enjoyment of it.

That said, this would be an amazing name for such a map. Posted Image

I think the map works better than OG Polar, without the geo, because the underlying topography is more interesting. There's a lot of elevation changes and still a lot of soft cover due to those height differences and rolling hills.

I'd almost consider skinning it in a grasslands biome, throwing in some farms and fields throughout, for us to stomp on, and we'd finally get our Farm Map.

#37 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:29 AM

Seriously PGI, why did you butcher Tourmaline? The Snipers weren't a problem, now we git the Snipers as a problem and on top it's Lurmageddon Part Two....

Did you intern delete the crystals by accident? I really hope the map will be restored to what it was beforee the patch.

#38 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 June 2022 - 11:20 AM

View Postkuma8877, on 23 June 2022 - 10:20 AM, said:

I think the map works better than OG Polar, without the geo, because the underlying topography is more interesting. There's a lot of elevation changes and still a lot of soft cover due to those height differences and rolling hills.

I'd almost consider skinning it in a grasslands biome, throwing in some farms and fields throughout, for us to stomp on, and we'd finally get our Farm Map.

Well, we probably won't see any new assets built to have farm buildings, but having dirt roads connecting small clusters of buildings spread around the map with rolling grass hills and rocks could be interesting.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 23 June 2022 - 11:25 AM.

#39 Testcore

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 12:10 PM

Classic Polar highlands should be back in the map rotation - as a classic map! Just let people decide! Great map, one of those remakes where the new map is not really that fun

#40 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 June 2022 - 12:18 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 23 June 2022 - 09:07 AM, said:

But... but... but... That was my favorite! Posted Image

I use to call it "The Classic" Posted Image

Polar/Domination was pretty much the ONLY time anyone fought in the flat area in the middle which was so easy to use LRMs on. That's what gave the map its reputation for LRMs. Sniping is different, and that was always easy on that map, although I'd argue it's the same or slightly worse on the new version, because now you have severely elevated terrain from which to snipe, whereas before you only had low rolling hills and a higher chance of hitting an invisible wall between you and your target.

View Postkuma8877, on 23 June 2022 - 10:20 AM, said:

The central area where most of the fighting takes place is actually very similar to Polar highlands original terrain. The hill they put the domination point on on Classic Polar was twice the height of most 'mechs, maybe 1.5 times the height of an Annihilator, allowing plenty of room to stack up on hill faces, or hide behind terrain, and still be able to pop out, shoot, and cover from return fire. The "central" hill that used to have crystals on it is only about the same height as an Atlas or Annihilator. On both maps, you need to flank your enemies at close to 1km and push in from the sides if you want to brawl up close, because there are enough gaps in the terrain that a concentrated firing line can inflict significant damage when you cross the gaps.

The trouble with Domination, which turned the maps into full-on Lrmaggeddon, is that it requires the whole fight to be fought at relatively close range, and on Polar, forced the fight to be on the flattest part of the entire map, where the only thing to shelter behind is the dish, itself. Skirmish, on the other hand, allowed teams to gather in much more rugged terrain (the buildings next to the "defender" spawn in old Scouting matches was a very popular spot to hunker down, as it provided good cover and long sight lines). Modes other than Domination also allowed the fight to begin at much longer ranges, outside the effective range of missiles, and required the missile 'mechs to push in with the brawlers before they could achieve combat effectiveness.

Domination doesn't allow for a timid team to hang back at range and peek and poke until they gain some confidence. They're forced right up close from the get-go, and if they don't brawl, they die.

As for reskinning the goofed-up Tourmaline, I'm 100% in favor. It seems like it'd make a really cool grassland area. Posted Image In particular, I want to see the deep pits filled with water, BUT RETAIN THEIR DEPTH. It would be SO cool if we could completely submerge an Annihilator and have it pop up out of the water in a surprise ambush. Posted Image Or have completely underwater fights, etc.

One of the best things about MW2 and MW3, that MW4 and MWO screwed up, was letting water have depth, and allowing for underwater combat.

View PostTertius, on 23 June 2022 - 10:29 AM, said:

Seriously PGI, why did you butcher Tourmaline? The Snipers weren't a problem, now we git the Snipers as a problem and on top it's Lurmageddon Part Two....

Did you intern delete the crystals by accident? I really hope the map will be restored to what it was beforee the patch.

They've 'fessed up in the Original Post on this thread: someone forgot to check a box when they were reviewing the patch file contents, and the assets for the map weren't loaded with the patch. Honestly, better they kept the landscape and forgot the assets than kept the assets and forgot the terrain, wouldn't you agree?

*Everyone jumps in, and immediately falls through the non-existent terrain, only to keep falling for eternity because there's nothing to land on*

It'd be a little interesting for anyone set up for stupid-long-range sniping (greater than 2 km), because they might be able to twist around and hit each other, but I doubt they could get a kill at that range before the 15 minute timer ran out.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 23 June 2022 - 12:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users