Matt And Daeron On Ngng Podcast

65 replies to this topic

#61 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 09:29 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 20 August 2022 - 02:46 AM, said:

TT mechs have pretty severe engine restrictions.
Since moving and turning (and jumping) is counted in hexes and you can't do anything with a partial hex of movement left, engine rating has to be mech tonnage times desired walking speed. Not a bit more to fit another engine heat sink f.e. or a bit less to save 3t for literally the same speed (going from XL400 to XL395 is a hardly noticeable speed drop in MWO, wouldn't be possible in TT).
You probably meant they don't have a max engine rating, which is correct.

Cool, so tabletop mechs can equip any engine for which they have tonnage.

I guess we need that here we're being legit.

#62 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 August 2022 - 11:35 PM

Unfortunately the 23-Aug-2022 Patch Notes did not mention any bug fix for the (pink) Virtic Station bug as encountered by some AMD users.
https://mwomercs.com...60-23august2022

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 19 August 2022 - 06:13 PM, said:

I'm sorry, maybe this was said in a conversation, but the language barrier prevents me from understanding: was it said when exactly the Pink Station would be corrected?

View Postw0qj, on 19 August 2022 - 07:50 PM, said:

Pink Virtic Station fix *hopefully* upcoming in next patch on/about 23-Aug-2022.

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/283203-vitric-station-shading-pink/page__p__6468211#entry6468211

https://mwomercs.com...15#entry6464115

MrVaad: "In short, It's two missing cubemap textures. I've tested the fix with AMD/NVIDIA users. François [before he left MWO/PGI] regenerated the missing textures on his side so it should be in the next patch."

Edited by w0qj, 21 August 2022 - 04:56 AM.

#63 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 August 2022 - 07:58 AM

View PostKnownswift, on 20 August 2022 - 09:29 PM, said:

Cool, so tabletop mechs can equip any engine for which they have tonnage.

I guess we need that here we're being legit.

"Yes, but", it was an EXTREMELY complex and expensive procedure, which required many months or years at a refit yard, and wasn't something you could simply "hot swap" in the back of a dropship. You could replace a damaged engine with one of equal size and power in the back of a dropship, but changing its power rating required complex overhaul facilities.

Kinda like changing the engine on an F-15 from GE to P&W: It can be done, but it's an entire Depot overhaul process, not a flight line repair.

#64 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 21 August 2022 - 05:17 PM

Groups in the QQ are absolutely an issue. I tire of seeing people who barely play 3 games PER DAY on average say it is not.

Some of the people who are Tier 1 today and having acquired it some patches ago or before the player base hit rock bottom would not remain in Tier 1 if they played 10-20 matches a day instead of 1-3. Then they would see the issue at T2 and below more clearly.

Most of their averages would drop like a rock and settle in in mid Tier 2 at best.

Until the Group matching in QQ is actually balanced based on mech weight and/or PSR then it's just foolish to say there is nothing broken. You want to play the "best of the best" in QQ then everyone should be solo in QQ. You want to play the "best of the best" so you can learn from them group vs group? Great, go FW or reactivate Group Q (can't tho because the pop is so low, hence the QQ..right?)

I bet out of the barely 30k current players (and that is not a daily figure) maybe 100 actually truly believe the QQ is OK with 4 man's whose average score is 300+ being matched against people who can barely hit a 200 average...the other 29,900 do not.

When a 4 man lance of lights whose average score is 300+ savages the 1-2 Assaults left behind by the Red team in the first 60 seconds of match because the Red team's 4 man average score was 200 then that's a huge skill disparity that is also exploiting what was just admitted in this video about broken spawn points after years.

Coming back to this game after playing World of Tanks for years daily in groups and solo, I see the exact same mistake that is driving the WoT community nuts. Skill disparity between solo and groups because the MM doesn't take skill into account for matching either solos OR groups.

At a certain point should people group up to get better as a player and do well as a group, sure...just not in the QQ.

Saying that people are blaming groups because of their poor skill is both correct and wrong at the same time. I don't care how good a solo player you are. You will not last against a 4 man who has targeted you on their private comms because the actual ingame comms become so chaotic or people don't even talk in QQ in most matches.

The real problem is that there are so many underlying problems with various game mechanics they exacerbate the group issue in QQ as it. There really is no easy fix it seems because the reality is that the player base is so fragile right now for a 10 year F2P title that almost anything changed to drastically or not enough will just continue to drive the numbers down.

For as much as Sean kept saying that changing the PSR would not affect anything because of the current player base size instead of groups in QQ I believe there are some things that can be changed in PSR.

Rewarding players so heavily because they sit back and farm 600+ dmg while using the rest of the team as a meat shield is just insulting to people who actually close in with the enemy and brawl, block and force the battle to a resolution.

Perhaps the PSR damage reward numbers need to be tweak based on the amount of damage combined with the distance the damage was done. The more damage done at a closer range the more reward. At least in the QQ battles...

#65 RoyKilroy

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:05 AM

I think that the MM needs to be a primary concern for PGI. I'm seeing a lot of complaints by T1 players about not having competitive matches. I am a T5 player and am trying to learn how to effectively play matches, but this is extremely difficult when the matches are so unbalanced that they are over in 3 minutes with an outcome of 12-0. I want to improve and move up in tier rating, but I don't see how as long as the wildly unbalanced matches continue.

#66 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 07:13 PM

Would love to play incursion more. Until it becomes rush, please leave it in the rotation.

Edited by Strelok7, 24 August 2022 - 01:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users