Patch Notes - 1.4.266.0 - 23-August-2022

120 replies to this topic

#81 katoult

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 09:52 AM

So, just wondering...

will there be a separate post about comp queue now being active post-patch, with first match window on thursday?

Or is it entirely being left to MWOComp now?

#82 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 August 2022 - 11:25 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 August 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

I wonder why that is.... this would also explain why i've never seen this problem in vitric forge.

I checked the files updated by the patch. It seems the vitric pink fix did not made it (still missing cubemap textures).
So hopefully in the next one Posted Image

Edited by MrVaad, 23 August 2022 - 11:26 AM.

#83 TK Romero

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 August 2022 - 11:31 AM

Interesting patch with more updates to SO8, encourages 'locking in' the omni pods vs mixing and matching. I'll be trying out the 6 snub Awesome-8Q build since it is obviously superior to the Godzilla version. Should be fun when accidently alpha striking while riding the heat meter near 100% with override on.

#84 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 11:39 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 August 2022 - 02:31 AM, said:

yet everythign clan is hotter,(except ballstics and srms) and we get little compensation for that, Clan doubles also still use one ton so if you don't have the tonnage you still can't add heat sinks, also clan heat sinks have less health so you can lose them easier, further causing heat build up. MEanwhile what's the hottest gun Inner sphere gets? The heavy ppc does 13 damage, still less than the clan ERPPC and yet it does more damage. You don't need all that heat reduction, secondly this is no longer clan vs innersphere clans can fight each other. Also most clan mechs are Omnis and cannot remove ferro or endo, or even change heat sink type.

They buffed single heat sinks along time ago to make them in some aspects better than double heat sinks

Also even though clans endo and ferro weigh less clans still get lower armor so again the whole weight savings only goes to components usually.

Also in tabletop both the clan and the IS ERPPC do 15 heat, yet in game it's clan 14.5, IS: 12

This is absolutely wrong. Clan runs cooler than IS because Clan alpha/heat > IS alpha/heat. This has been proven so many times in the past because the same reasoning and the same Math was used on every occasion someone made this claim. cDHS are smaller, weigh the same, and Clan weaponry has always dealt more damage than IS weaponry. If you were to make the comparison between IS laser vomit to Clan laser vomit, with IS at best able to do 48 points of alpha damage/alpha to Clan 66 points of alpha damage/alpha, you will not be making this claim period. Factor that some clan pilots run HLLs instead cLPLs, that number is even higher.

#85 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 11:40 AM

View PostMrVaad, on 23 August 2022 - 11:25 AM, said:

I checked the files updated by the patch. It seems the vitric pink fix did not made it (still missing cubemap textures).
So hopefully in the next one Posted Image

Pink is cool! Posted Image

I am sure that the players will get accustomed to it. Posted Image

#86 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 August 2022 - 11:59 AM

View PostTK Romero, on 23 August 2022 - 11:31 AM, said:

Interesting patch with more updates to SO8, encourages 'locking in' the omni pods vs mixing and matching. I'll be trying out the 6 snub Awesome-8Q build since it is obviously superior to the Godzilla version. Should be fun when accidently alpha striking while riding the heat meter near 100% with override on.
Yep exactly why i dislike s08 as i stated before

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 August 2022 - 02:56 AM, said:

sigh more set of 8 crazy stuff, i think we should remove set of 8...it stifles customization and confuses new players which is something this game needs, new players so we don't need to make it harder for them.

View PostXenoWraith, on 23 August 2022 - 11:39 AM, said:

This is absolutely wrong. Clan runs cooler than IS because Clan alpha/heat > IS alpha/heat. This has been proven so many times in the past because the same reasoning and the same Math was used on every occasion someone made this claim. cDHS are smaller, weigh the same, and Clan weaponry has always dealt more damage than IS weaponry. If you were to make the comparison between IS laser vomit to Clan laser vomit, with IS at best able to do 48 points of alpha damage/alpha to Clan 66 points of alpha damage/alpha, you will not be making this claim period. Factor that some clan pilots run HLLs instead cLPLs, that number is even higher.
sustained though? In addition how much of that can clan mechs actually take? 48 is likely to go through most clan light medium armor go through half of heavy and a good chunk of assaults armor. I'm sure with rotaries you can get higher dps, rarely do Inner sphere mech carry only Lasers, unless it's a light and even then some carry mg's.

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 August 2022 - 12:03 PM.

#87 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 12:34 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 23 August 2022 - 12:04 PM, said:

That’s just pathetic. Well I’m gonna quit the map from now on when I get the pink bug if PGI can’t get their **** together and fix their product.
Or is there a way I can replace the cubemap myself, MrVaad?
And they got the nova cat quirk wrong or it's just a typo. that's 2 strikes from PGI already... though it's possible the vitric fix didn't make it in time.....But considering... I doubt it.

Nope the cooldown quirk doesn't even appear to work they gave the nova cat a INner spehre quirk...

Just give it a general laser quirk if you can't even do it right in the first place? Then again this topic was labeled as a July patch too so. Time for a hot fix add the pink fix to it along with fixing this quirk and probably any others maybe they gave an IS mech a clan quirk.
Posted Image

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 August 2022 - 12:59 PM.

#88 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2022 - 01:11 PM

View PostNomad Tech, on 22 August 2022 - 04:45 PM, said:

Not feeling this patch at all.. really nothing to see here. Why buff already strong mechs and leave others that need assistance like the Osiris and more out? Vindicator? Treb, Griffin jeez have they forgotten they exist.

Seriously. I find it very odd that the Griffin 2N, a nearly 100% dedicated missile boat, gets a PPC velocity buff and a minor heat reduction and nothing else.
No missile specific quirks and the velocity quirk it does get has no effect on missiles.
Brilliant...

View Postmartian, on 23 August 2022 - 11:40 AM, said:

Pink is cool! Posted Image

I am sure that the players will get accustomed to it. Posted Image

I can't stand '70's disco/pepto hell however I find heat vision removes the putrid pink punishment and is a just slightly more monotonous monotone than the normal less volatile Vitric view.

#89 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 August 2022 - 01:21 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 23 August 2022 - 12:04 PM, said:

That’s just pathetic. Well I’m gonna quit the map from now on when I get the pink bug if PGI can’t get their **** together and fix their product.
Or is there a way I can replace the cubemap myself, MrVaad?

I made a .pak file with the two missing textures to test in the training grounds.
It just contains a copy of the vitric forge cubemap textures, renamed with the names expected by vitric station.

I guess it would be okay to use until the next patch, but i don't know PGI's opinion about this.

Edited by MrVaad, 23 August 2022 - 01:21 PM.

#90 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2022 - 01:27 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 August 2022 - 05:19 AM, said:

Also I suggest looking at my profile before you just ignore everything I said, or take it as some kid whining...

Don't really care about your point I'm just curious what this was suppose to prove?
The only thing that stands out to me is you're 31 which means I have lead BattleTech figurines older than you.
I don't know about 'whining' but yeah, to me you are pretty much a kid.

#91 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 01:32 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 August 2022 - 11:59 AM, said:

Yep exactly why i dislike s08 as i stated before

sustained though? In addition how much of that can clan mechs actually take? 48 is likely to go through most clan light medium armor go through half of heavy and a good chunk of assaults armor. I'm sure with rotaries you can get higher dps, rarely do Inner sphere mech carry only Lasers, unless it's a light and even then some carry mg's.

I’m not too sure about clan light laser vomit but clan medium laser vomit can deal 32 alpha with no problems, clan heavy laser vomit (while dependent on the specific variation) can deal 58 alphas to 76 alphas quite comfortably, and clan assault laser vomit (very impractical thanks to the nerf there’s much better builds but it can be done) can easily do 84 alphas with HLLs and cMLs extraordinarily comfortably. Only reason why you don’t see many clan assault laser vomit is because PPFLD is much much better.

The best IS can do is 48 alphas before they get taken out of the fight. RACs require sustained DPS and only someone who is completely out of position is where it will shine and even then that’s a big maybe because chances are the pilot that was out of position will most likely have ducked back into cover before hand. In other words IS is still outclassed in the energy weapon department by Clan despite the burst damage they can do.

#92 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 23 August 2022 - 04:54 PM

Looks like they managed to screw it up and have no available Faction Play. Nice work guys.

#93 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2022 - 05:36 PM

View Postmartian, on 23 August 2022 - 03:29 AM, said:

That happens after you remove armor from Clan 'Mechs - and this is not so simple, considering that Clan 'Mechs often start the fight with the range advantage thanks their longer-ranged weapons.

You were on a roll, there, but this one you got wrong. Thanks to widespread "balancing" quirks, IS 'mechs have equal or superior range on their long-range weapons, particularly ones that start with equal ranges (ERPPC, Gauss, LRM, etc). Even ERLL, which is advantage-Clans at the base stats, swings to an IS advantage once you add Quirks, but before you add skills. At 15% range skills, and accounting for Targeting computers, etc, Clans are left with about a 5 meter range "advantage", which in the scheme of 1500 meter trades, is negligible.

#94 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2022 - 05:39 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 August 2022 - 10:23 PM, said:

COM-1D:
  • Increased Armor bonus on RA to +20 (from +15)
  • Added 25% Radar deprivation
  • Added 5% heat dissipation rate

This is odd, my COM 1D which previously had 100% radar dep now has 125% radar dep.

So what happens now?
Am I invisible?
Poor man's ECM?
Opponents lose lock if I glance at cover?
'Can't see me I've got one foot behind a rock!'?
Radar is afraid to look at me?

#95 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2022 - 05:41 PM

View PostMPhoenix, on 23 August 2022 - 01:11 PM, said:

Seriously. I find it very odd that the Griffin 2N, a nearly 100% dedicated missile boat, gets a PPC velocity buff and a minor heat reduction and nothing else.
No missile specific quirks and the velocity quirk it does get has no effect on missiles.
Brilliant...

So this goes back to pre-Cauldron quirks, which personally made way more sense. Rather than buffing a 'mech's strongest build, quirks were aimed at the weakest weapon in the stock configuration, and were designed such that they were hard to abuse. The Griffin 2N, having lots of missile hardpoints, naturally lent itself to being a missile boat, and the PPC was frequently dropped, so the quirks were added to give a reason to retain the PPC from the stock config. If it had four or five energy hardpoints and tonnage to use lots of PPCs, that quirk likely wouldn't have been added, and we'd have a missile quirk for the one or two missile hardpoints, instead.

Similar to MG rate of fire quirks on builds that came with a single MG and only one or two ballistic hardpoints, or missile quirks on energy boats with a single missile hardpoint.

The aim was to incentivize the stock loadout, or at least builds that weren't the glaringly obvious "boat whatever the majority hardpoint type is".

#96 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 August 2022 - 05:42 PM

125% Radar Deprivation behaves exactly the same as 100% Radar Deprivation.

So you can save 1x Skill Point for other things!

#97 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 August 2022 - 05:44 PM

View PostMPhoenix, on 23 August 2022 - 05:39 PM, said:

This is odd, my COM 1D which previously had 100% radar dep now has 125% radar dep.

So what happens now?
Am I invisible?
Poor man's ECM?
Opponents lose lock if I glance at cover?
'Can't see me I've got one foot behind a rock!'?
Radar is afraid to look at me?

So "technically", from what I've been told (because this has already been done with quite a few other 'mechs, such as Dire Wolves and Hellbringers), is that the effect caps out at 100%, and any extra is wasted. The argument made by Cauldron folks is that they're offering you the chance to free up a skill point or two to invest elsewhere.

But yes, even at 100% Radar Dep, you're invisible with poor man's ECM, opponents lose lock as soon as you glance at cover, and one foot behind a rock will activate fake Stealth Armor.

But that's just how it's been since forever.

#98 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2022 - 06:25 PM

View Postw0qj, on 23 August 2022 - 05:42 PM, said:

125% Radar Deprivation behaves exactly the same as 100% Radar Deprivation.

So you can save 1x Skill Point for other things!

Yeah, I expected that it would cap out at 100% but the 125% was funny to me. It seemed akin to a kid running around going 'You can't see me!!' Posted Image

I'm reminded of a Gilligan's Island episode with the hypnotist.
Hypnotist: 'You will all give 110%!!'
Castaways in zombie voice unison: 'It is impossible to give 110%, the maximum that anyone can give is 100%'

#99 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 10:19 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 23 August 2022 - 05:44 PM, said:

So "technically", from what I've been told (because this has already been done with quite a few other 'mechs, such as Dire Wolves and Hellbringers), is that the effect caps out at 100%, and any extra is wasted. The argument made by Cauldron folks is that they're offering you the chance to free up a skill point or two to invest elsewhere.

But yes, even at 100% Radar Dep, you're invisible with poor man's ECM, opponents lose lock as soon as you glance at cover, and one foot behind a rock will activate fake Stealth Armor.

But that's just how it's been since forever.
It's not a bad idea to be honest.

#100 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 02:22 AM

Brilliant...

GRF-2N is the only Griffin variant that can be equipped with ECM, so they used quirks on it sparingly.

I can't stand '70's disco/pepto hell however I find heat vision removes the putrid pink punishment and is a just slightly more monotonous monotone than the normal less volatile Vitric view.

Good idea. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users