Battle Of The Heavyweights Weekend Event And Sale!

106 replies to this topic

#41 Kealios

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLos Gatos (San Jose), CA

Posted 03 September 2022 - 11:52 AM

View PostTerran123rd, on 03 September 2022 - 06:13 AM, said:

Maybe this is a hot take, but this event really highlights how BS flamers are. There is no counter, there is no mitigation, just an "I win" for whoever has it as they permanently stun-lock whoever they're hosing down.

They may have made some sense in tabletop, but they have no place in MWO, and I will die on this hill.

I've had NO problem with flamers. I am in a K2 with Snubnose PPCs and 2x LB10x. I stop firing my PPCs and rely on the LBs until their flamers are gone. No sweat.

[redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 05 September 2022 - 10:38 PM.
quote clean-up

#42 Kealios

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLos Gatos (San Jose), CA

Posted 03 September 2022 - 12:47 PM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 03 September 2022 - 12:00 PM, said:

[redacted]

Huh? Your insults are like your run-hide-shutdown tactics that I have seen you do dozens of times. It doesn't make sense and isn't relevant to the topics at hand.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 05 September 2022 - 10:38 PM.
quote clean-up

#43 Soul Arrow

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 01:15 PM

Why does anybody think it's wrong for experienced players with customized 'mechs to have an advantage over newbies? That's how it is in most MMOs. It's one of the reasons to play the game. It's really not hard at all to get one good heavy 'mech set up, especially with sales going on right now. I've gotten most or all of my victories in this event with C-Bill 'mechs.

#44 TW1 Kell

Rookie

• The Named
  • The Named
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 04:37 PM

I, as well as ALL of the members of my unit (Wolf Route Keshik WlfK), LOVE this, and the past events, like it. Keep up the GREAT work! We all came over from a copycat Mech game, and have quit it, completely. Took me awhile to get them in here, but, they are all sold on it, now! YAY!

#45 TW1 Kell

Rookie

• The Named
  • The Named
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 04:42 PM

View PostTerran123rd, on 03 September 2022 - 06:13 AM, said:

Maybe this is a hot take, but this event really highlights how BS flamers are. There is no counter, there is no mitigation, just an "I win" for whoever has it as they permanently stun-lock whoever they're hosing down.

They may have made some sense in tabletop, but they have no place in MWO, and I will die on this hill.

I haven't lost a battle to a flamer Mech, yet. I've auto cannoned each of them, to death. Well, except for that 1 Timby... He overheated himself and got the suicide kill. HAHAHA! Poor dude.

#46 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 03 September 2022 - 04:58 PM

3 games, and done. Meta and flamer builds only. You all have fun.

#47 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 05:05 PM

Anyone else get single digit FPS on Liao Jungle, and anyone have a fix?

#48 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 September 2022 - 07:02 PM

Just a couple points:
1. I miss Duncan Fisher. If we're gonna run a Solaris event, it'd be fun to reload the entire Solaris experience. :)
2. There was a reason PGI nerfed Flamers into the ground in Solaris. They seem to have forgotten about that when setting up this event. Perhaps a lesson learned for next time?

#49 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 07:17 PM

Man am I running into a lot of Archer MRM boats in this event for some reason.

#50 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 September 2022 - 07:41 PM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 03 September 2022 - 05:05 PM, said:

Anyone else get single digit FPS on Liao Jungle, and anyone have a fix?

Only "Fix" I can think of is a better graphics card. That, or low graphics settings.

#51 Farmer1971

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 08:11 PM

Favorite Event Que so far. I really miss Solaris and Duncan Fisher, Wish PGI would bring Solaris back even on a limited basis. Say limiting maps, divisions /weight classes or both. I would play it all the time if it was up.

#52 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 03 September 2022 - 09:43 PM

Orion with MRM-20 + LB20X + 4xLPPCs rocks. Even if lost (out of 17 matches 10 victory) it farmed tremendous damage!
Free Orions for EVERYONE!

#53 Ronbo

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWashtington state

Posted 03 September 2022 - 10:25 PM

Well, the Crael is exactly what its for from Sarna, its an arena brawler. Even in my hands, depending on who i fight i was 7-3 twice. so 14-6. In 3RS i was 5-5, kept overheating with my setup, and i do well in QP, but different in 1v1. I was 1-3 vs other Crael setups, just not as good as them. and the ones i lost knew how to take out my mech, so better players.

i made a lot of CBills with it, thanks PGI! nice to do the arena thing once a month.

#54 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 September 2022 - 11:17 PM

View PostRonbo, on 03 September 2022 - 10:25 PM, said:

Well, the Crael is exactly what its for from Sarna, its an arena brawler. Even in my hands, depending on who i fight i was 7-3 twice. so 14-6. In 3RS i was 5-5, kept overheating with my setup, and i do well in QP, but different in 1v1. I was 1-3 vs other Crael setups, just not as good as them. and the ones i lost knew how to take out my mech, so better players.

View PostC337Skymaster, on 03 September 2022 - 07:02 PM, said:

2. There was a reason PGI nerfed Flamers into the ground in Solaris. They seem to have forgotten about that when setting up this event. Perhaps a lesson learned for next time?
Honestly, I think this is a case study why "Solaris" events need to follow the Solaris divisions ( https://mwomercs.com/s7-mech-divisions ). and rules (lower Flamer heat damage, no consumables, no command wheel). Crael would be quite a happy competitor in Div 2 or perhaps even Div 1 where it would be mainly fighting assault mechs.

Edited by Horseman, 03 September 2022 - 11:18 PM.

#55 LordtulakhordTTV

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 4 posts
  • LocationE-arth

Posted 04 September 2022 - 12:10 AM

i will not be wasting my time on this "event" haha Thanks though.

#56 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 12:59 AM

For everybody missing Duncan Fisher, his voice was bugged in Solaris and i don´t think they fixed it. But yes, something is missing.

Like i said before and many other players did. This is how Solaris should have been.
Make it 4 divisions, Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault.
Ban Flamers.
Showing the contestants at the beginning was nice to have. But experienced players could predict the loadout of the enemy before the match started.
Let the players choose the map and division/mech they want to play and then start matching players.

This event was really fun and i would happily play Solaris, if you bring it back with these changes. Oh and fix Duncan Fisher. Posted Image

#57 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 03:52 AM

Just ran into my first all rocket build. Hilarious one-shot and a great advantageous if you don't have to worry about a second shot.

#58 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 September 2022 - 05:49 AM

This event also highlights something else, namely the broken scoring system what is easy to exploit and abuse.
I mean, and I tested it during this event, the current "only damage matters for score" is a sh!tpile more often than not. I played five games where I not wanted to win just wanted money (what comes after score). Spread and stacked damage like a crazy and in all matches got 2,5x more score AS THE LOSER than the winner.
So? Literally I named better by the game as a loser than the winner. So plausible I almost start to cry! I mean, really?! And if this is so prevalent in such a minor event how affective could it be in QP or FP or Comp matches? Some new, better scoring would need to implement what not punish the winner just because she\he not farmed like a lunatic ******...

Otherwise nice event. Liked that I could brawl with everyone! Salute for the winners!

#59 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 06:55 AM

An incredibly badly thought out and toxic event - why are the Crusaders even in it, can't buy them for C-bills and they are in serious need of a nerf bat attack.

Builds with multiple flamers (lots of skill there)

Match rewards are a joke, 3x experience and creds, brilliant if you win, but not worth logging into the game if you don't. With no tier matching, all that happens is that those higher tiered or with creds enough to troll build their mechs with full skill tree have a massive advantage over new players or those from lower tiers.

Best pathetic event for driving away the newer folk we desperately need.

#60 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 September 2022 - 08:07 AM

Err... for this 2x2 Group Steiner Coliseum match, so how do we start this??
My Launch button is always greyed out, only for this 2x2 Group Steiner Coliseum thingy.

==>Do we set up our 2-man Group, each set up our Solaris Event drop deck, and press [Launch] separately??

Edited by w0qj, 04 September 2022 - 08:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users