75 replies to this topic

#21 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 09:43 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2022 - 02:56 AM, said:

And remember, matchscore farming with AMS/LAMS is no longer possible!

View PostLockheed_, on 09 September 2022 - 07:08 AM, said:

you don't get much MS anymore from using AMS. they have changed that a few months ago. probably after you took your 7A out.

View Postmartian, on 09 September 2022 - 07:24 AM, said:

PGI has changed it (I can not remember when, maybe two months ago). Enemy missiles destroyed by your AMS no longer raise your Match Score.

Three of you, WHERE??? You claim AMS don't add to match score or adjusted, but all fail to remember when.
I challenge you to post link because, I checked and this never happen, last patches I could find that matter to AMS is back in 2021 March and April.

AMS still adds the same amount to match score per missile destroyed.

Edited by Dyex, 09 September 2022 - 09:49 AM.

#22 johnnyq666

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 September 2022 - 10:00 AM

View PostDyex, on 09 September 2022 - 09:43 AM, said:

Three of you, WHERE??? You claim AMS don't add to match score or adjusted, but all fail to remember when.
I challenge you to post link because, I checked and this never happen, last patches I could find that matter to AMS is back in 2021 March and April.

bro is Cauldron balancing
they changed it, i think there was no mention in patch notes ..
AMS give you now lots of cbills and xp, no ms

https://mwomercs.com...380-16march2020
After examining the Match Score for AMS, we did determine it needed a reduction.

Edited by johnnyq666, 09 September 2022 - 10:09 AM.

#23 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 10:21 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 09 September 2022 - 12:38 AM, said:

Matchscores again. Grinding in QP... It means I need to play every single day what is BAD... I not play more than 1-3 matches per day and play 3-4 days per week.
I would not be able to seize these two because the necessary amount of GRINDING...
Need to dust Lurmers again because GRINDING (and QP would full of them again) what means FARMING...
Previous events with variable goals were so much more fun. I am not against free mechs but a bit more variety may not hurt that much...

And now "matchscore protecting posts" incoming...

Yeah, you all agree with me just not dare to admit...

Agree.

Matchscore is low hanging fruit. Anyone can get it by doing any number of easy things, even popping a UAV...

Let's have some hard-core interesting challenges. Solo kills, headshots, 4, 5 or 6 kills in a single match. Single match damage targets.

#24 Ilostmycactus

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 10:44 AM

Personally I would prefer if mechs were frontloaded in the rewards (with something enticing at the end too to keep people from giving up) so that I could be playing with the new mech and earning xp in it.

#25 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 11:53 AM

View Postjohnnyq666, on 09 September 2022 - 10:00 AM, said:

bro is Cauldron balancing
they changed it, i think there was no mention in patch notes ..
AMS give you now lots of cbills and xp, no ms

https://mwomercs.com...380-16march2020
After examining the Match Score for AMS, we did determine it needed a reduction.

Patch notes is the factor of what is dev change and when (they do miss stuff at times but that is not a good case to back up on, need to show other evidence that this was forgotten in patch notes), Cauldron only present possible Balance. The Patch notes make detail what will be pushed into game. March 2021 Patch only said they did not do AMS and will bump it to a later date, which came... when?

If Someone in Cauldron could present the change the number they wanted that would at least be a start to show any bit of info they were pushing it.

Edited by Dyex, 09 September 2022 - 11:56 AM.

#26 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 12:02 PM

View PostDyex, on 09 September 2022 - 11:53 AM, said:

Patch notes is the factor of what is dev change and when (they do miss stuff at times but that is not a good case to back up on, need to show other evidence that this was forgotten in patch notes), Cauldron only present possible Balance. The Patch notes make detail what will be pushed into game. March 2021 Patch only said they did not do AMS and will bump it to a later date, which came... when?

If Someone in Cauldron could present the change the number they wanted that would at least be a start to show any bit of info they were pushing it.

The change was not announced in the patch notes. But it was in March '22. There's a hint on the roadmap: https://mwomercs.com/roadmap.
AMS gives no rewards what so ever now, as far as I'm aware. Talk was CBills, but I could not find corresponding hints in the payout screens when testing this.

#27 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 12:36 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2022 - 12:02 PM, said:

The change was not announced in the patch notes. But it was in March '22. There's a hint on the roadmap: https://mwomercs.com/roadmap.
AMS gives no rewards what so ever now, as far as I'm aware. Talk was CBills, but I could not find corresponding hints in the payout screens when testing this.

Well thanks, at least it's a start. I don't care about what is the correct answer but to know it really was pushed or not into the game, since I can't find any proof to convince myself but claims.

I read it can be determined in match maker. (I guess if I can't find proof I will need to test for proof which is true)

DeeEight
[color=black]·[/color]6 mo. ago

Did you bother to even search the forums, the math was explained years ago in a thread but essentially 7 missiles intercepted is worth 1 point of match score, and that was after it was degraded from a rate which originally I think was 1 point every 3.5 missiles.

From <https://www.reddit.c...omment/i20pfw4/>

Edited by Dyex, 09 September 2022 - 12:40 PM.

#28 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 09 September 2022 - 12:41 PM

I don't minf the 20,000 match score level, you get a lot of cBills and GSP on the way. Plus this might be a gimmick to increase play hours by the population... then again, I've thought that all along. Posted Image

Regardless, thanks in advance for two free mechs!

#29 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 09 September 2022 - 12:54 PM

Even if AMS does not directly add match score, it may increase yours indirectly by keeping you alive from those using lurms to get their match score. :D

#30 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 09 September 2022 - 12:55 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 09 September 2022 - 12:41 PM, said:

I really don't care if you believe me or not. That's your problem. Posted Image
Have fun farming MS with AMS then!

He does have a point, tho. I scoured the patch notes looking for this when it came up in conversation in NGNG Twitch stream. I had no idea it was in the roadmap, I just knew that bonuses weren't being handed out for AMS anymore by the way my Jester was performing.

#31 Gleitfrosch

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 01:20 PM

Event runs for 31 days, what will I do the remaining 29 days after I got both mechs?Posted Image

#32 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 01:41 PM

Match score is too hard. Couldn't we just do an event based off lurm and micro pulse damage?

#33 DangerMouse53

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 06:38 PM

Just load into a game and farm missiles while doing little else to generate match score and see what your end game total is.

I wouldn't recommend doing this in an Assault since people might get salty. Maybe the PIR perhaps. That way you will know once and for all.Posted Image

I mean, you are still actively playing if you are protecting your team, right?

View PostDyex, on 09 September 2022 - 12:36 PM, said:

Well thanks, at least it's a start. I don't care about what is the correct answer but to know it really was pushed or not into the game, since I can't find any proof to convince myself but claims.

I read it can be determined in match maker. (I guess if I can't find proof I will need to test for proof which is true)

DeeEight
[color=black]·[/color]6 mo. ago

Did you bother to even search the forums, the math was explained years ago in a thread but essentially 7 missiles intercepted is worth 1 point of match score, and that was after it was degraded from a rate which originally I think was 1 point every 3.5 missiles.

From <https://www.reddit.c...omment/i20pfw4/>

Edited by DangerMouse53, 09 September 2022 - 06:41 PM.

#34 johnnyq666

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 September 2022 - 09:14 PM

View PostDangerMouse53, on 09 September 2022 - 06:38 PM, said:

Just load into a game and farm missiles while doing little else to generate match score and see what your end game total is.

I wouldn't recommend doing this in an Assault since people might get salty. Maybe the PIR perhaps. That way you will know once and for all.Posted Image

I mean, you are still actively playing if you are protecting your team, right?

exactly
is sth like 5 min testing...
not all **** are posted in patchnotes, MM changes MS etc.
Dyex you can go on discord and ask pgi guys

i dont see where is the problem ;d

Edited by johnnyq666, 09 September 2022 - 09:21 PM.

#35 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 03:21 AM

I am not going to repost the already posted links.

I just vaguely remember Daeron Katz mentioning the possible change briefly in one of his talk months agos. I think that the change happened in Spring or early Summer. There was no wordy description about it in the patch notes, it has just happened in the background.

Feel free to equip your 'Mech with any weapon system or equipment set that you see fit and useful.

#36 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 10 September 2022 - 04:00 AM

Off topic but any idea when the 2022 Tournament Supporter pack will be announced/released? Or at least some idea of what it will contain?

#37 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 04:24 AM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 10 September 2022 - 04:00 AM, said:

Off topic but any idea when the 2022 Tournament Supporter pack will be announced/released?

Read this, please:

Piranha Games Inc. said:

TOURNAMENT SUPPORTER PACK! (Coming in September!)
The Tournament Support Packs and all of the details are being worked on now and will be available as soon as possible!

There are still three weeks left ...

View Post-Ramrod-, on 10 September 2022 - 04:00 AM, said:

Or at least some idea of what it will contain?

This was in the previous pack:

Piranha Games Inc. said:

Posted Image
  • A 10% boost to all of your C-Bill and XP earnings. Duration over which the Boost is active is defined as starting from the time of your Tournament Supporter Pack redemption until February 28th, 2022
  • 1 'Mech Bay
  • 1250 MC
  • 30 Days Active Premium Time
  • 100 GSP
  • Tournament Themed Standing, Mounted and Hanging Cockpit Items
  • Tournament Badge
  • Tournament Badge Decal
  • Tournament Supporter Title: "The Deputy"
  • Tournament Decal: "Bring Out The Big Guns!"

#38 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 10 September 2022 - 04:44 AM

View Postmartian, on 10 September 2022 - 04:24 AM, said:

Read this, please:

There are still three weeks left ...

This was in the previous pack:

Thanks!

#39 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 05:13 AM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 10 September 2022 - 04:44 AM, said:

Thanks!

I think that the upcoming pack will offer similar items.

#40 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 September 2022 - 07:17 AM

The MWO Comp 2021 standing cockpit item has a +5% CBills bonus too, and it was not even advertised!
It's one of the very few ways to get those rare +CBills standing cockpit items!

Personally I'm looking forward to MWO Comp 2022 TSP ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users