Patch Notes - 1.4.267.0 - 20-September-2022

83 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 September 2022 - 02:58 AM

I did not see any Incursion during the whole last month since the previous Patch happening... I hope it returns, as I happen to really miss it, and I have heard word of others who do as well. If you don't believe me, just look at...

<< https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/283588-yes-to-incursion-pls-turn-on/ >>

...for a reference. There may not be 100% consensus within that discussion, but it certainly hurts attraction (and retention) of players to MWO when modes are removed. If things get too bland in terms of gameplay variety, it will end up causing the loss of too many players. MWO would then collapse entirely, which is something that I'm sure nobody here wants with as many times that death has been avoided so far. :huh:

~D. V. "calling for Incursion's return after a sad month without it, so MWO can be more alive" Devnull

#22 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 03:52 AM

Classic Vitric Forge Terra Therma was, 3 or 4 entrances and you had to be brave and push through the entrances, and then the mayhem began in the middle of the caldera.

With this open structure there is too much openess, there are now 24 entrances. I highly doubt that there will be the old Vitric Forge "feeling"

Edited by tee5, 17 September 2022 - 08:11 AM.

#23 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 04:12 AM

Not understood. A classic Terra Terma without a caldera in the center? If this is true, then...
How could this map be called a "classic"? Do you really not understand what was the highlight of the old Terra Terma? Do you don't understand what part of the map people miss? Do you not understand why people asked to return the old Terra Terma because of what feature of the map?
I'm not saying yet whether the new map is good or bad. I'm just wondering why you call it a "classic" map. And once again I am amazed at the very strange understanding on the part of the PGI of what the players are asking for...

#24 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 04:35 AM

View PostPepito Sbazzeguti, on 16 September 2022 - 11:55 PM, said:

Well, a strange caldera with an impossible geological structure nevertheless. I will give it a chance before whining.

Well, yes. It looks much more natural than the center of the old Terra Terma.
Posted Image

Just an impeccably and infinitely natural geological structure.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 17 September 2022 - 04:48 AM.

#25 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 September 2022 - 05:03 AM

Just when I was about to say that I feel like an idiot and dead weight to my team cause I'm the only one to NOT play a SNUB Boat, PGI comes to the rescue clarifying that I'm not the idiot here.

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 September 2022 - 05:29 AM

View Posttee5, on 17 September 2022 - 03:52 AM, said:

Classic Vitric Forge was, 3 or 4 entrances and you had to be brave and push through the entrances, and then the mayhem began in the middle of the caldera.

With this open structure there is too much openess, there are now 24 entrances. I highly doubt that there will be the old Vitric Forge "feeling"

Uhm... Did you really mean to say "Vitric Forge" there? Or did you intend to say "Terra Therma" instead, given the purpose of the Thread and what Map is being re-introduced with a little modification? :o

~D. V. "trying to figure out what 'tee5' meant here, be it either 'Terra Therma' or 'Vitric Forge' in intent" Devnull

#27 G2SC

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 06:29 AM

Any chance adding the new platinum packs to the annual rewards program?

#28 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 07:12 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 September 2022 - 05:24 PM, said:

This month we have another new/classic map, the return of the original Terra Therma - with a few alterations, see pics below!

NEW MAP: TERRA THERMA CLASSIC

We've had lots of requests over the years to bring back the classic Terra Therma map, so with a few updates from the original, here it is!

Does it mean that we are going to have two Terra Therma maps in the game (the current reworked one and the upcoming "Classic" version) or the new version will replace the reworked TT map that we are using now?

#29 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 September 2022 - 07:16 AM

I believe that the new Platinum Collection 07 & 08 would count towards the 2022 Annual (Loyalty) Rewards Program.
https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

IS Platinum Reward - Buy any IS Platinum Collection within this Annual Rewards timeframe.

Clan Platinum Reward - Buy any Clan Platinum Collection within this Annual Rewards timeframe.

View PostG2SC, on 17 September 2022 - 06:29 AM, said:

Any chance adding the new platinum packs to the annual rewards program?

#30 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:12 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 September 2022 - 05:29 AM, said:

Uhm... Did you really mean to say "Vitric Forge" there? Or did you intend to say "Terra Therma" instead, given the purpose of the Thread and what Map is being re-introduced with a little modification? Posted Image

~D. V. "trying to figure out what 'tee5' meant here, be it either 'Terra Therma' or 'Vitric Forge' in intent" Devnull

of course I meant Terra Therma. Thanks for correcting me.

#31 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 08:43 AM

All the PPC related hate being piled on the lights and mediums is unwarranted.

Having another version of a map that is inherently too hot, too dark, and too hard to get around on, isn't real exciting either.

#32 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 September 2022 - 09:25 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 16 September 2022 - 11:29 PM, said:

No you won't. Did you look at the screen shots? It's not there anymore. It's been replaced with Stonehenge.

Yeah, that's ehh. The caldera was THE big feature of OG Therma. I'm all for redesigning the interior to include more walkways, but this "stonehenge" thing is nothing alike.

#33 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 September 2022 - 09:27 AM

Surprisingly little change to weapons this month!

Not sure about how I feel about the map. I like new maps being added, but it looks like a lot of people are a bit annoyed at the changes that were made to the original. I am eager to give the map a shot, but I think that since the original map was changed for this though that it shouldn't really be called classic.

The plat packs are interesting this month. I love the Blood Asp variant that was chosen. The Fafnir and Thanatos variants were great choices as well. The Blackjack and the Piranha are unique enough within their chassis model to be good value. The Ice Ferret and the Ebon Jaguar are once again paying money simply to get the SO8 bonus which is not great.
Seriously PLEASE do some form of adjustments so that each Omni CT is at least slightly unique from all the other CTs. 5% range, 5% velocity, extra ammo (Pull whatever it is partially out from the SO8 to support this) ANYTHING. Please just make it unique so its still worth even considering for some role beyond the SO8.

The only mech variant really that irked me outright though was the Raven variant that was selected. Almost every Raven (besides the hero) I ever see in the field is the 3L Raven, which makes sense as its a wonderful Narc machine. I was previously looking forward to the Raven to arrive in the Plat packs as I figured the model that would be provided would be the one Raven type everyone uses (that isn't the hero). I am curious why a relatively unused variant was selected. Maybe its meta for use in the top tiers?

#34 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:50 AM

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 17 September 2022 - 09:27 AM, said:

The only mech variant really that irked me outright though was the Raven variant that was selected. Almost every Raven (besides the hero) I ever see in the field is the 3L Raven, which makes sense as its a wonderful Narc machine. I was previously looking forward to the Raven to arrive in the Plat packs as I figured the model that would be provided would be the one Raven type everyone uses (that isn't the hero). I am curious why a relatively unused variant was selected. Maybe its meta for use in the top tiers?

There already is a cbill boosted RVN-3L, the RVN-3L(S). Can't remember how to get it though.
When selecting the platinum mechs, the variants that have already a cbill boosted version are excluded.

#35 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:51 AM

SUNSPIDER
SNS-D:
  • Removed Ballistic velocity from SO8
Correct nerf was fully OP irony off

#36 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 17 September 2022 - 11:55 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 September 2022 - 02:58 AM, said:

I did not see any Incursion during the whole last month since the previous Patch happening... I hope it returns, as I happen to really miss it, and I have heard word of others who do as well. If you don't believe me, just look at...

<< https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/283588-yes-to-incursion-pls-turn-on/ >>

...for a reference. There may not be 100% consensus within that discussion, but it certainly hurts attraction (and retention) of players to MWO when modes are removed. If things get too bland in terms of gameplay variety, it will end up causing the loss of too many players. MWO would then collapse entirely, which is something that I'm sure nobody here wants with as many times that death has been avoided so far. Posted Image

~D. V. "calling for Incursion's return after a sad month without it, so MWO can be more alive" Devnull
incursion was totally removed from the game.

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 17 September 2022 - 08:43 AM, said:

All the PPC related hate being piled on the lights and mediums is unwarranted.

Having another version of a map that is inherently too hot, too dark, and too hard to get around on, isn't real exciting either.
shouldn't have abused your Snubs.

View PostStaude, on 17 September 2022 - 11:51 AM, said:

SUNSPIDER
SNS-D:
  • Removed Ballistic velocity from SO8
Correct nerf was fully OP irony off

As i stated earlier in this topic: Clans can't have nice things.

#37 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 12:46 PM

I still want RVN-3L(S) or RVN-3L(P).

RVN-3L(S) is no longer available; ironically it's one of those mechs that really needed that +30% CBills bonus boost due to massive use of UAV consumables.

Steam Mech Performance Packs I & II (2015 & 2016): no longer available
http://mwomercs.com/...-the-gift-store

http://mwomercs.com/...e-through-steam

http://mwomercs.com/...rformance-packs

http://web.archive.o....com/dlc/342200

View PostBuenaventura, on 17 September 2022 - 11:50 AM, said:

There already is a cbill boosted RVN-3L, the RVN-3L(S). Can't remember how to get it though.
When selecting the platinum mechs, the variants that have already a cbill boosted version are excluded.

Edited by w0qj, 17 September 2022 - 01:34 PM.

#38 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 17 September 2022 - 01:00 PM

>Pfft, who would ever buy Platinum Mechs?

*FNR, TNS, EBJ, and BAS release at the same time*

>Babe, where is my wallet??

#39 Dyex

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 02:01 PM

View PostPepito Sbazzeguti, on 16 September 2022 - 11:50 PM, said:

There are better platform for MRMs like the Trebuchet 7S, mobility and JJ are better than armor.
HBK-4SP is designed for brawling and has no quirk range.

Yes, the Trebuchet 7M a great MRMs platform but JJ will be at the cost of weight which you will need to downsize the engine.
I'm not taking away from that.

But were talking *free* health quirks, lets compare side torso health of 3 similar mechs after this buff (with skill tree nodes max):

Quirks:
DERVISH-6M: 55T - side torso +05A
Trebuchet-7M: 50T - side torso +12S
Hunchback-4SP: 50T - side torso +16A/+25S

Total side torso health with quirks and skill tree nodes:
DERVISH-6M: 55T - side torso = 103HP
Trebuchet-7M: 50T - side torso = 107HP
Hunchback-4SP: 50T - side torso = 143HP

That's 43 more free health... and that is just ONE body part, with torso twisting you going to tank so much much more across the body *ALSO you have a bonus -30% Crit chance receiving quirk in that hunchback.

......All my point was this is a oversite or something how powerful a buff that is compared to it's similar mechs for the MRMs build.

#40 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 02:15 PM

Very happy about Platinum Collection 07:

PIR-2(P)
TNS-5S(P)
BAS-B(P) ==> That's the one I've waiting literally for years ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users