• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:02 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 31 October 2022 - 10:40 AM, said:

^this
it levels the playing field for everyone and forces people to get more creative within the limitations of the game.

You can spend hours in photoshop editing the image, changing the color grading, adding type that supports the mood, etc etc, and come up with something that the player who does not have PS skills just has no chance to compete against.

I only used PAINT DOT NET, which is quite basic, to put four screenshots together. The mechs themselves are not edited in any way. As my post clearly states, my mechs are always in this paint scheme, and proof, if needed, can be supplied. I'm somewhat insulted that you conside my creativity to be close to cheating... What about posting multiple images? You know that's unfair too...

#102 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:20 PM

A Terminator sinking into the slag.Posted Image

#103 MayTag

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:21 PM

The KISS entry is badass! I don't see any small print anywhere saying what is and isn't allowed. only "One entry per account"!

*EDIT* He did this on a live stream, i was there, I seent it!

Edited by MayTag, 31 October 2022 - 10:24 PM.

#104 Rocna

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:24 PM

The Kiss one rules, just because you did not have the idea to do an avengers assemble or a rock band with your mechs does not mean you should penalize someone for having a brilliant idea. This is a meritocracy not Harrison Bergeron.

#105 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 07:24 AM

View PostBarely Good, on 28 October 2022 - 05:26 PM, said:

Why do you do this stupid and make it an Event instead of QP!!!!

Mainly because QP is vanilla and event que is specifically for extra fun stuff and cool modes.

View PostKursedVixen, on 29 October 2022 - 05:56 AM, said:

this mode sucks you can't use clan mechs at all. piloting a clan mech almost screws your team.

I had tons of fun with my 11 ER Large Direwolf snipping.

View PostCapt Cav3man, on 29 October 2022 - 09:02 AM, said:

SPOOKY and SPECTACULAR COSTUME CONTEST

"Do you want a balloon too?"

Posted Image

Love this, quite creative.

View Postmasasa, on 29 October 2022 - 12:20 PM, said:

"Who wants a haircut?"

Posted Image

Haha great look!

View PostNiceDad, on 29 October 2022 - 07:08 PM, said:

This event is GREAT!!! My son is loving it and he just can't stop. Please have such events more regular and I believe more players will play MWO like crazy.

Keep up with the good event.

Cheers

Play with my kids all the time, they had a ton of fun with this event. My 7 year old especially.

View Postcrazytimes, on 29 October 2022 - 11:49 PM, said:

The best part of the event was the people dropping their event builds in QP accidentally.

LOL This quote wins the forum

View PostViltor, on 30 October 2022 - 05:40 AM, said:

Stealth jump jet Gauss snipers are ruining this event.
You can't shoot them unless you have long range weapons mounted on your arms.
You can't ignore them, because they are shooting at you all the time.
You can't tag or narc them, because they are too high.

At first it was 10 rocket launcher marauders who would two-shot you. Now it's this thing.
It's not fun.

We had a guy doing this, it was quite annoying. That said, I find it creative that people were able to "exploit" the event

View PostTheDeathCrepeer, on 30 October 2022 - 06:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

"The Burning Wolf"

Sometime during the Clan invasion, a small Clan force of Clan Wolf MechWarriors was dispatched to capture a remote volcanic world. The planet turned out to be more heavily defended than anticipated, and all of the Clan MechWarriors perished honorably in combat in the hot wastes or inside the volcanic mountains.

Legend has it, that the last of those Clan warriors, rammed an enemy Mech with his Dire Wolf, both tumbling into the lava streams of the volcano and disappearing beneath the surface.

Sometime later, looters tried to acquire savage of what was left of the battlefield. The story goes that right as they neared the lava stream the Dire Wolf disappeared in, something breached the surface. In front of them stood the mighty Dire Wolf, lava pouring from its glowing molten chassis. It proceeded to annihilate everything in sight, except for one lucky tanker. He later recalled the Mech “looking skeletal” and that he could see inside the internals and structure of the Mech. Its paintjob on the remaining armor plates was a wolf’s skeleton, and the tanker claims that blood stained the Mech. It allegedly fired all its weapons constantly as if unaffected by heat, and proceeded to pull all vehicles along with it into the molten streams. The survivor also mentioned the "constant screaming" every time the Dire Wolf fired its weapons. He described it "as if the souls of hell were trying to flee from its autocannons and lasers in screeching terror". The tanker described one detail extensively: The cockpit of the Dire Wolf was apparently burning the entire time, eternal flames spewing from the reinforced windows. Every time an enemy vehicle exploded, the flames increased in intensity, and by the end, they were described as hurting to look at.

To this day, no one that has entered the volcano since then has returned. They volcano has been glowing brighter and brighter with everyone that went missing there, though.

I hope everyone enjoyed this little story!

Great story man, I did a fun one myself. Kudos

View PostThe Wiener Bandit, on 30 October 2022 - 08:51 PM, said:

Mamma Mia! It's Chris Pratt! :-)

https://i.imgur.com/YxMRNci.jpeg

I made him before this event was announced and me and everyone who sees him seems to like him. lol.

Posted Image

A lot of fun man, just gotta work on that accent now lol

View Postsleet01, on 30 October 2022 - 09:30 PM, said:

Good job, morons, you made a single-shot weapon have unlimited reloads.

Or you can be happy that a staff of maybe 10 people pumps out creative events, free mechs and other balance changes month in and month out. Seriously, you have tiny team, with a tiny studio, supporting a 9 year old game based on a nearly 40 year old IP. You have AAA studios shutting down servers 5 years after a game has run it's course and you want to complain that a few people found a way to cheese a weekend only event?

View PostTermin8rSmurf, on 31 October 2022 - 10:02 PM, said:

I only used PAINT DOT NET, which is quite basic, to put four screenshots together. The mechs themselves are not edited in any way. As my post clearly states, my mechs are always in this paint scheme, and proof, if needed, can be supplied. I'm somewhat insulted that you conside my creativity to be close to cheating... What about posting multiple images? You know that's unfair too...

Hey man didn't mean to insult your great work at all. Super creative compared to mine. My thoughts were that any photo editing could tip the scales for people that don't know how to. Photo editing is an obvious advantage but even compiling images could be as well For instance, someone could setup a cool battle scene by merging 4 pictures together vs another person with a single image. In your case it makes perfect sense, since we all KISS isn't just one member.

#106 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 07:55 AM

Just got done reading some Battletech books (I'm new to the cannon, not new to the game) so I thought I'd include a fun short story as a bonus (5 minute read) surrounding the "origins" of my mech. Even got to poke some fun at the staff. In "honor" of book 3 of the Battletech sereis and of the Grey Death Legion I present to you.

"The price of indiscretion"

"Cadet Alexander reporting for duty sir." The young Mech Warrior Pilot saluted his XO Matt Newman.

"Yes, yes, I’ve been expecting you, Alexander. Welcome to Terra Therma Classic. You’re here because your trainers and Captain Russ think you have what it takes to finally put this old wives tale to rest."

“Wives tale sir?”

"Yes, see the local miners of Paramount Grafting Incorporated, we call them PGI for short. Have been trying to extract the T and H-3 from here but they keep spotting a lone mech up in the volcano and it’s spooking them. They said they can’t vote to keep Terra Therma Classic in the mining map rotation if they keep spotting this mech."

“Therma Classic I thought this moon was Terra Therma?”

“Terra Therma, Terra Therma Classic, Terra Therma Redux, heck some people just call it *hell* here” If you can get the members of PGI to figure out what to call this place we will all be the better for it. I’m not even sure if different parts of the planets have different names. “

"Strange, why don’t they just call it one name, why keep voting on possibly two options"?

"I don’t know, maybe ask EG7 they are the parent company. But I didn’t come here to discuss this God-forsaken moon. Remember that spooky mech I told you about? Well, it’s time to figure out what this thing is all about or if they are just seeing things. If I had jump jets on my Warhammer I’d already have put this thing to rest. I think this is something the Phoenix hawk they sent you with can handle right"?

"Ummm, suu, sure, sir I can handle this no problem. I’ll start right away."

While no stranger to disobeying rules, the Cadet was really at a loss here. He was on a new terrain whose climate he didn’t know, alone without backup, and possibly could be facing a lone mech up on top of a volcano. But not obeying his XO would get him in more trouble than secretly dating Leftenant’s Daeron Katz’s daughter back on home planet, a moment of indiscretion, well maybe months of it. He was resigned to doing this no matter what.

He passed by a plaque of a former XO that seemed to be explaining Terra Therma to an outside audience. The bottom summary of the plaque caught his attention “The only evidence of the constant battling over this hell-hole’s resources is in the paperwork as every fallen 'Mech and the sorry sob who piloted it, aka collateral loss, is quickly swallowed up by this fiery beast.” – Garth Erlam

“Thanks for the vote of confidence, Garth” Alexander mumbled.

Already wanting to be gone from this moon, terrified but with no other options, Alexander was reserved to do what needed to be done. Soon after, the mech was saddled up and on way sweeping through the blackened terrain and adjusting the sensors to tackle the heat and the darkness of this new place. He thought it strange that he had heard Terra Therma was a lighter place. “ Must be this whole classic part is darker” he brushed the thought away. He passed by a few different makeshift bases and checked in with HQ with his comms. Hours later towards the volcano he wasn’t picking up anything on his sensors. Using his jump jets he carefully got close to the top. Nothing.

“Strange” Alexander thought surveying the top, “looks normal up here”

Then out of nowhere, his mechs sensors lit up and a blast of energy lit up the dark sky from the distance. Alexander had little time to react as a glancing blow rattled the 45 ton mech a bit. Then Alexander saw it, a mech that looked like it had just spawned right out of the volcano. Black on orange with a pumpkin head for a face?

“What the” Alexander barely had time to think. Quickly jamming the controls to pivot away from the enemy mech. Sadly, the green pilot over-corrected, forgetting he was on the side of the cliff that he had just crested to get a peak. The mech tangled up its legs and double over. In a flash, the enemy mech was right on top of him. He knew it was going to be over very soon he looked up at the mech, a Vulcan with chainsaws on its arms, seriously? Then over his comms, he could hear laughing, not the type of demented laughing he would expect from a hell mech but like a joke, he wasn’t in on.

“Well did you wet yourself yet boy”

“Sergeant Newman? Wait, what is going on here, I thought for sure I was dead”

“Would have been any other time, scared the crap out of you, didn’t I? I could tell this was going to be fun from the look on your face when I fed you that line about the tales from the miners. Now pick yourself up you’ve got work to do”

“Wait this wasn’t it?”

“Heck no, it wasn’t. This little thing was just a way for Daeron to get to you for going behind his back in dating his daughter. Now the punishment is for you to be on salvage duty the entire weekend instead of enjoying Halloween with your fellow cadets. Now go change your pants cadet, that’s an order”

My mech submission - "Indiscretion"

[color=#FFFFFF]Posted Image[/color]

Edited by All Your Bases, 01 November 2022 - 08:54 AM.

#107 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 07:56 AM

Good morning/day/evening MechWarriors, the submissions look great! I just wanted to let you know that I have the flu, so while the results will still be posted today, they're going to be a bit delayed. Sorry about that! I'll have the results posted ASAP today! Thank you for your understanding.

#108 Reiner Braun

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:15 AM

Spooky (my submission): The Faceless
Posted Image

Spectacular (just a bonus):
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Reiner Braun, 01 November 2022 - 02:58 PM.

#109 Jebovina

• Pip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:33 AM

Spooky(submission):
Posted Image
Spectacular(bonus-iron man):
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Jebovina, 01 November 2022 - 01:26 PM.

#110 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:33 AM

Whats the best way to imbed an image? Can't seem to figure it out!

#111 Jebovina

• Pip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:50 AM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 01 November 2022 - 08:33 AM, said:

Whats the best way to imbed an image? Can't seem to figure it out!

you can upload it on imgur and then just copy bbc link

#112 Jarok van Sagittaron

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 08:55 AM

Finally more than a link:

Posted Image

Edited by Jarok van Sagittaron, 01 November 2022 - 08:57 AM.

#113 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 10:00 AM

midnight Tuesday means midnight (23:59) PDT tonight November 1st, right? aka 06:59 UTC November 2nd?

View PostDaeron Katz, on 01 November 2022 - 07:56 AM, said:

Good morning/day/evening MechWarriors, the submissions look great! I just wanted to let you know that I have the flu, so while the results will still be posted today, they're going to be a bit delayed. Sorry about that! I'll have the results posted ASAP today! Thank you for your understanding.

I guess it meant midnight yesterday? I'm confused because the announcement said results would be posted tomorrow?

Edited by mytilus edulis, 01 November 2022 - 10:01 AM.

#114 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 10:56 AM

Looks there is a bit of confusion because I read "ENDS:[color=#00FFFF] Tuesday, November 1st 5pm PST / Wednesday, November 2nd 12am UTC"[/color]

#115 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:06 AM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 01 November 2022 - 10:56 AM, said:

Looks there is a bit of confusion because I read "ENDS: Tuesday, November 1st 5pm PST / Wednesday, November 2nd 12am UTC"

Ah you're correct. Well, I'm taking NyQuil, so...

The submissions can keep coming in til 5pm PST/12am UTC today, and then I'll post winners tomorrow morning at 10am PST/5pm UTC.

#116 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 01:43 PM

"LooKk at yYou...such bBbumbling cCreatTure. Ssso ffoolish!

Yyou are mmade of so much sSskin! WE will mMake you Part of Us!

Yesss! WE will wWwear your fFfface!!"

Posted Image

#117 The winter wolf

• Pip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 03:12 PM

Posting for my 12-year-old son (his account) -

"The Spirited Bear"

[color=#FFFFFF]Posted Image[/color]

Edited by Paladin22, 01 November 2022 - 03:12 PM.

#118 Nuclear Harvest

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 03:49 PM

Lava imp in it's natural habitat
Posted Image

More pics:
Spoiler

Edited by Nuclear Harvest, 01 November 2022 - 03:59 PM.

#119 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 November 2022 - 04:28 PM

Night GYR of FIRE

https://imgur.com/gallery/CYJzkXw

Edited by Kano111, 01 November 2022 - 04:28 PM.

#120 BeCause

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 04:34 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users