Pre-Order The Hatchetman - Updated With Quirks!

123 replies to this topic

#41 driftrobot

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 10:46 PM

Thank you!, pre-ordered!
Been waiting a long time for a Hatchetman in game, melee possible or not!
Renewed hope for an Axman in the future!

Too bad true Melee just isn't a possibility with this game engine but even with some sort of work-around it might radically alter the game play for the worst. I remember in the beginning when there was the colliding/tackling light mechs that just made things rough to pilot lights.

Still it might be interesting to just try a special event mode that altered a weapon stats to become some sort of very short range, long charge weapon that could act like a melee weapon!

#42 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 12:30 AM

View Postmartian, on 29 November 2022 - 09:48 PM, said:

PGI added the Hatchetman because they already created the model of it for MW5:Mercs and they wanted to make some additional cash on it, selling it to the MWO players.

But I think it would be a bit foolish to create other melee 'Mech that would be running around with Hatchets and Swords and never using them. Especially since there are so many classical non-melee 'Mechs that could be added without having the aforementioned problem.

Yeah, I know. But I can see PGI doing this to other mechs for whenever they do MW5 DLC or add another mech out of the blue. At this point, anything could happen.

#43 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 12:36 AM

A lot of people asking for melee. But there’s no way melee would be a viable option in Quickplay. Running up to a 12 man enemy team trying to beat them with a mace ? No. You would die 3 seconds after your first swing. Melee wouldn’t be received well.

#44 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2022 - 12:52 AM

Its nice that we are getting another new mech group but a 45 ton ballistic energy boat is gonna be hard pressed to be useful.. i'm thinking another blackjack sized mech? while i guess its ok its pretty limited in tonnage.

I don't see many blackjacks these days.

Should have been the Axeman.

Edited by PocketYoda, 30 November 2022 - 12:54 AM.

#45 Brian McDurmot

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 01:31 AM

Hello MWO team,

please implement in MWO the melee feature from MW 5.
Hatchetman is THE melee mech which i play since decades as my table top hero mech. Please give him the same honor and reputation in MWO when introduced. Only an auto cannon and two laseres are not the Hatchetman´s only performance.

Edited by Brian McDurmot, 30 November 2022 - 01:33 AM.

#46 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 30 November 2022 - 02:41 AM

so we have handheld weapons now? NVA U pls, ?

#47 Stitchedup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2022 - 02:42 AM

omg

#48 Cold Soul

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAustralia [East coast]

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:50 AM

Where bouts can I see the mechs quirks? thanks in advance

#49 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:07 AM

View PostCold Soul, on 30 November 2022 - 03:50 AM, said:

They have not yet defined them. The world waits.

#50 Cold Soul

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAustralia [East coast]

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:17 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 November 2022 - 04:07 AM, said:

They have not yet defined them. The world waits.

wow so they may have **** quirks, thats a lot of faith for real money and no warhorns

#51 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:45 AM

View PostCold Soul, on 30 November 2022 - 04:17 AM, said:

wow so they may have **** quirks, thats a lot of faith for real money and no warhorns

No need to shell out any money before the hatchetman hits the market and its quirks are revealed. Shop smart!

#52 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:15 AM

View Postmartian, on 29 November 2022 - 03:43 PM, said:

Some people could be more interested in piloting the Kai Allard-Liao's 'Mech.

And of course, the real reason for the inclusion of the Hatchetman in MWO is that PGI already has the 'Mech model ready, since they added it in the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries a few months ago.

Or maybe....they are about to add melee to MWO and this is the way they are going about!

#53 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:14 AM

U$D40? come one PGI... i am in a 4th world economy! jajajajaja

#54 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 06:35 AM

Could we throw the weapon like a one-time use AC? have it do H.Gauss damage : >

I personally would love to see MWO get melee but I understand the dilemma that feature causes for the PGI team and coding it into the game. I pre-ordered, maybe the mech will only see dust in my bay or maybe be OP, either way I want to support the game b/c i enjoy playing.

Also, looking at the specs of the variants. I believe the speed of the HCT-7R is listed incorrectly. The speed should be 70.2 kph if it has a 195 standard engine. I apologize if that number isn't spot on, I'm using the equation (engine / tonnage) * 16.2 I just know the HCT-6D with a 225XL shouldn't being going the same speed as the HCT-7R so engine size or top speed is off on the 7R.

Thanks PGI

#55 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 30 November 2022 - 07:02 AM

I'm scratching my head over this one. We got the Crusader as the last mech and now we are getting another IS mech that is melee oriented....that doesn't do melee. Hope you guys can make up for it with a decent clan mech whenever that gets released.

Edited by Valdarion Silarius, 30 November 2022 - 07:02 AM.

#56 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 07:35 AM

View PostBrian McDurmot, on 30 November 2022 - 01:31 AM, said:

Hello MWO team,

please implement in MWO the melee feature from MW 5.
Hatchetman is THE melee mech which i play since decades as my table top hero mech. Please give him the same honor and reputation in MWO when introduced. Only an auto cannon and two laseres are not the Hatchetman´s only performance.

Implementing Melee attacks in MWO would encompass the reworking of 'Mech models and movement animations (because they have not been created with the possibility of physical attacks in mind) and deep changes of the MWO code (PGI announced a decade ago that there would be no physical attacks in MWO).

All in all, I am not sure that the current PGI's resources are sufficient to implement physical attacks. Of course, you can get around it with creating some special very short ranged "weapon" that would simulate physical attack, but I am not sure if this is what you want.

View PostLily from animove, on 30 November 2022 - 02:41 AM, said:

so we have handheld weapons now? NVA U pls, ?

The Hatchetman's hatchet is no true melee weapon - it is just a bolt-on, no different from any other cosmetic bolt-on that you can buy in the Mechlab.

View PostCold Soul, on 30 November 2022 - 03:50 AM, said:

The Hatchetman will debut on 13. XII. 2022. Sometimes PGI publishes the list of quirks a few days before the injection date, so check the front page from time to time.

#57 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 07:49 AM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 30 November 2022 - 06:35 AM, said:

Could we throw the weapon like a one-time use AC? have it do H.Gauss damage : >

I personally would love to see MWO get melee but I understand the dilemma that feature causes for the PGI team and coding it into the game. I pre-ordered, maybe the mech will only see dust in my bay or maybe be OP, either way I want to support the game b/c i enjoy playing.

Also, looking at the specs of the variants. I believe the speed of the HCT-7R is listed incorrectly. The speed should be 70.2 kph if it has a 195 standard engine. I apologize if that number isn't spot on, I'm using the equation (engine / tonnage) * 16.2 I just know the HCT-6D with a 225XL shouldn't being going the same speed as the HCT-7R so engine size or top speed is off on the 7R.

Thanks PGI

Yeah, the 7R doesn't check out. Whoever came up with this goofed hard. In the current config the mech is 2.5t undertonnage and has zero reason to mount MASC and a DHS in the left arm.
However, it could perfectly fine mount a LFE225 and still have zero reason to have equipment in the left arm.

Also note how the specs sheet lists only 4 DHS on the 7R, which would be below the minimum of 10.

Please correct, PGI!

#58 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:28 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 30 November 2022 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yeah, the 7R doesn't check out. Whoever came up with this goofed hard. In the current config the mech is 2.5t undertonnage and has zero reason to mount MASC and a DHS in the left arm.
However, it could perfectly fine mount a LFE225 and still have zero reason to have equipment in the left arm.

Also note how the specs sheet lists only 4 DHS on the 7R, which would be below the minimum of 10.

Please correct, PGI!

Good catch Aidan Crenshaw,

Looking at the specs again, I noticed the LT and RT have an "Engine" so does the 7R have a XL225 or a LE instead of a STD195? The STD195 is 10t and the XL225 is 10t. A LE225 is 12.5t which would make up for that missing 2.5t, take 2 slots in each torso and have a top speed of 81kph. My guess is that the 7R has a LE225 instead of the noted STD195

Edited by AmbidXtrousGNOME, 30 November 2022 - 08:40 AM.

#59 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:43 AM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 30 November 2022 - 08:28 AM, said:

My guess is that the 7R has a LE225 instead of the noted STD195

which is what the 7R actually has, according to sarna

#60 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant