Pre-Order The Hatchetman - Updated With Quirks!

123 replies to this topic

#61 T54ever

• PipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the alps

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:57 AM

Pre-ordered.!
$40.- for this complete mech-pack is fair!

Compared to $70,- called before Std-Pack (3 mechs) + Reinforcement (2 mechs) + Hero

#62 T54ever

• PipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the alps

Posted 30 November 2022 - 09:00 AM

$70,- for the ultimate-pack i'd say

#63 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 30 November 2022 - 12:41 PM

This game has been around for 9 years. Adding Melee attacks with bolt on weapons... i would spend money for bolt on weapons. JMO

#64 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 01:14 PM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 29 November 2022 - 08:49 PM, said:

So you're adding an iconic melee mech, and acknowledge that you have absolutely no intention of adding melee combat to the game? Lazy development like this is why I haven't invested a dime in this game since 2019. Let it burn.

Lol, they don't even have a mech designer atm

#65 Solomon Birch

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 30 November 2022 - 01:32 PM

View Posteggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar, on 30 November 2022 - 12:36 AM, said:

A lot of people asking for melee. But there’s no way melee would be a viable option in Quickplay. Running up to a 12 man enemy team trying to beat them with a mace ? No. You would die 3 seconds after your first swing. Melee wouldn’t be received well.

I've always wanted melee, not as the focus of a build, but just so you can do something when you're out of ammo or have had all your weapons shot off. Running around as a distraction is just sad.

Edited by Solomon Birch, 30 November 2022 - 01:33 PM.

#66 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 03:10 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 30 November 2022 - 11:57 AM, said:

Probably never.
Daeron was asked about a possible MWO 2.0 some time ago and he said "don't hold your breath"

But it happened for Destiny and overwatch, and it keeps happening with modenrwarfare tittles!

#67 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 30 November 2022 - 04:22 PM

Yes, but that doesn't exactly reflect well on those titles, now does it.

#68 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:29 PM

Rhaelcan said:

1669842885[/url]' post='6478538']
Lol, they don't even have a mech designer atm

I shudder to think what the camo schemes will look like. The Crusader’s were largely underdone.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 30 November 2022 - 05:29 PM.

#69 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 05:30 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 November 2022 - 05:29 PM, said:

I shudder to think what the camo schemes will look like. The Crusader’s were largely underdone.

God I hope it will be good

#70 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 November 2022 - 08:51 PM

Preordered. But . . . no warhorns? Come on, like TTB said, just record someone yelling "TIMBER!!" and let's git r done.

#71 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 02:27 AM

E vie, un'altre sdrume di puars a butà becs tal cjot!..

#72 SniperFury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:56 AM

I really don't want to be negative, but look at this from a value perspective.

I can buy Darktide for the same price and get way more value, I can buy Front Mission 1st remake for less, this is a Mech designed around using a melee weapon as it's primary attack. That means all weapons on it are ment to supplement that axe. 45 tons for weapons along with slow speed on a medium... Unless this thing is quirked to hell I don't see the use and frankly I am saddened by it.

#73 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:59 AM

PGI, Thank you for putting together the effort for this surprise for the game. I realize this wasn't easy, especially with limited resources and the other holiday stuff you are pushing right now.

I am curious why the Hero was included in the pack but there is no Collector (S) grade mech available at all? It just seems a bit odd. Is it due to data of Crusader (S) vs Crusader (H) sales figures? Just curious.

Also I do agree with comments I have seen here that a pseudo melee option really should be incorporated for this mech. Give the mech a non removable "energy weapon" in the arm that has 10 meter range, 0 heat, and no visible effect.

Regardless, I laud your incorporation of MW5 stuff into MWO so we can enjoy it here! Thank you!

#74 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 01 December 2022 - 08:46 AM

Wow this game is over ten years old and there are still fools who think rockem sockem robots is either fun or effective. Did firing lines, cover and big damage output out to hundreds of meters stop? The fevered dream of a fat mech landing a blow against a light is just that a dream. Inability to control range combined with pathetic reach from limbs means any pilot comitted to its use will suffer premature death and frustratiion.

Its the mechdads asking for for this and they would still get their asses handed them if it was even a thing. They still have cockpit glass and armlock enabled.

Edited by Spheroid, 01 December 2022 - 11:16 AM.

#75 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 10:56 AM

I think it would actually be viable to simulate a melee weapon with the assets the game already has. Hear me out:

Think a MG/LBX-type weapon that has a very short range. It fires a bunch of projectiles at the same time in a line/slash pattern. The tracers are invisible, but if the strike connects, you get the visual effect of a bunch of bullets hitting a mech, i.e. the sparkly metal-on-metal contact that we can already observe when connecting projectile shots. The FPS perspective of the strike should be fairly simple to animate since mech arms can already move, and it's just a matter of programming a default motion to occur when a melee strike is used. It would basically function a lot like simplistic melee strikes in FPS games like CS:GO, instead of complex melee fighters like Chivalry, but it would still work.

#76 World Ending Chipmunk of Doom

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 11:02 AM

Cool!

Edited by World Ending Chipmunk of Doom, 01 December 2022 - 11:04 AM.

#77 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 11:13 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 01 December 2022 - 08:46 AM, said:

Wow this game is over ten years old and there still fools who think rockem sockem robots is either fun or effective. Did firing lines, cover and big damage output out to hundreds of meters stop? The fevered dream of a fat mech landing a blow against a light is just that a dream. Inability to control range combined with pathetic reach from limbs means any pilot comitted to its use will suffer premature death and frustratiion.

Its the mechdads asking for for this and they would still get their asses handed them if it was even a thing. They still have cockpit glass and armock enabled.

I dont know if it is fun or effective, to each his own, but this is a Battletech game, so yeah, knockdown, melee and DFA , destructible environment (not just trees and rocks) , field mechbays for reloading and basic emergency repairs, Reactive and reflective armor, are a thing that should be incorporated in the gameplay, a given from day 1 and not something open to debate.

Edited by simon1812, 01 December 2022 - 11:20 AM.

#78 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 December 2022 - 04:25 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 01 December 2022 - 08:46 AM, said:

Wow this game is over ten years old and there are still fools who think rockem sockem robots is either fun or effective. Did firing lines, cover and big damage output out to hundreds of meters stop? The fevered dream of a fat mech landing a blow against a light is just that a dream. Inability to control range combined with pathetic reach from limbs means any pilot comitted to its use will suffer premature death and frustratiion.

Its the mechdads asking for for this and they would still get their asses handed them if it was even a thing. They still have cockpit glass and armlock enabled.

In fairness, there's still people who think spraying fire at 900+ meters actually does anything too (it doesn't 99 times out of 100). The grand majority of actual mech kills happen between 200-400 meters, because that's where the most weapon system ranges overlap, and most hardpoints can be effectively brought to bear.

As for Melee, however, its use in the lore was for Mech CQB, such as Urban Combat, or fighting in Heavy Forest or, say, canyons. It's essentially the same reason Soldiers nowadays are still issued and trained with Bayonets. Tactical flexibility and preparedness.

The kicker, of course, here, is in the lore, Mech commanders know exactly where they'd deploying specific units and thus would be able to use them a lot more effectively by playing to their strengths. Remember Riflemen and JagerMechs are supposed to be Anti-aircraft platforms, for instance. Prob is, we don't. We get randomized maps. Which makes a specialized platform like the Hatchetman a bit of a liability. That said, I still picked it up, because Mech Tinkering and figuring out a build that can work is one of my favorite parts of the game. And the Hatchetman has potential (especially as its AC mount is roughly in the same position as the Hunchback's in relation to its cockpit).

Edited by Arkhangel, 01 December 2022 - 04:28 PM.

#79 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2022 - 05:00 PM

Its a 45 ton mech.. its not going to be stellar. It'll be ok at best.

It'll be another version of Phoenix Hawk.

Edited by PocketYoda, 01 December 2022 - 05:04 PM.

#80 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 05:02 PM

Really? You hate the Clans so much you'd rather give the IS a melee mech.... in a game with no melee.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users