Pre-Order The Hatchetman - Updated With Quirks!

123 replies to this topic

#121 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:30 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 29 November 2022 - 04:24 PM, said:

So which other mechs are in Mechwarrior 5 that aren't yet in MWO then?

No. This was the only mech exclusively made for MW5.

At least the MWO's Crusader is making to MW5. Can't wait to pilot it.

#122 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 December 2022 - 09:28 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 December 2022 - 04:25 PM, said:

In fairness, there's still people who think spraying fire at 900+ meters actually does anything too (it doesn't 99 times out of 100). The grand majority of actual mech kills happen between 200-400 meters, because that's where the most weapon system ranges overlap, and most hardpoints can be effectively brought to bear.

As for Melee, however, its use in the lore was for Mech CQB, such as Urban Combat, or fighting in Heavy Forest or, say, canyons. It's essentially the same reason Soldiers nowadays are still issued and trained with Bayonets. Tactical flexibility and preparedness.

The kicker, of course, here, is in the lore, Mech commanders know exactly where they'd deploying specific units and thus would be able to use them a lot more effectively by playing to their strengths. Remember Riflemen and JagerMechs are supposed to be Anti-aircraft platforms, for instance. Prob is, we don't. We get randomized maps. Which makes a specialized platform like the Hatchetman a bit of a liability. That said, I still picked it up, because Mech Tinkering and figuring out a build that can work is one of my favorite parts of the game. And the Hatchetman has potential (especially as its AC mount is roughly in the same position as the Hunchback's in relation to its cockpit).

Did someone say "Urbanmech"? :)

View Postsimon1812, on 01 December 2022 - 10:30 PM, said:

-well, lore wise, Im pretty sure I read somewhere that in general Clan warriors are not fans of melee combat with mechs, could be wrong, been a long time since I last binge read sarna net.

Yeah, I keep hearing that, too. Yet now that I'm reading the novels, Aidan Pryde (before he was Pryde) was described as performing a flying karate kick to another 'mech's cockpit...

#123 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 December 2022 - 09:39 PM

View PostLifeblight, on 09 December 2022 - 12:39 PM, said:

Why give a brand new mech quirks to armor? Just give them more armor.

Because the 'mechs are based on existing designs, with only slight tweaks and modifications to make them fit in MWO (three extra tons of stuff to make up for three missing tons of Hatchet, in this case). The builds in MWO (minus most of the Heroes) are based on record sheets created by FASA for Battletech. These are the officially recognized builds that correspond to each 'mech designation.

#124 HandsomeJBW

• PipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan, Almaty city

Posted 21 December 2022 - 12:38 AM

View Postw0qj, on 29 November 2022 - 03:30 PM, said:

How about pseudo-melee mode for MWO?

Axe (sword, etc.) does 30 damage per second, but only has 10 meter range?
(sort of like a very short range heavy heavy machine gun).

Any arm/axe melee mech animation is optional to me Posted Image

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Or 50 Collision Damage to enemy when moving faster than 5kph/hour? Posted Image

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Or adding 10 damage per second for each flamer used (which has 100 meter range)? Posted Image

This is what I was thinking about too. Is it possible to modify collision damage?
BTW, PGI, please modify "Boreal vault" map (currently - its "Boring vault" because most of the time - PUG attackers can't do anything against defending snipers)
P.S. some of the weapons also should be twicked, for example LB20X - maybe 10 crit slots at the cost of more heat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users