• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 07:02 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 10 December 2022 - 10:01 AM, said:

Just don't play the game if you hate it lmao

Here's a quote just for you:
"...and get us your feedback for future iterations"

I draw your attention, the developers themselves called on the community to discuss. Everyone has the right to express their opinion. And people express different opinions.
You have no more rights here than all other players. Therefore, telling someone that he should not play this game if you do not like their point of view, you simply do not have the right. And even more so, you can’t tell people that they shouldn’t play this game at a time when the game is actively losing players. You take on too much.

#42 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 03:25 AM

View PostTarogato, on 09 December 2022 - 10:12 PM, said:

Cauldron expressed that this change is to make lock-on weapon systems more reliable, since you will no longer be able to reach full 100% Radar Derp. Because let's face it, it's really silly how a mech walking behind another mech or a small pylon can instantly break locks. This should no longer happen as often. Also should reduce the effect of a bug with Streaks where facehugging can break locks.

5% from 2 seconds is 0,1 seconds,
a mech wiith 150 kph does 4,2m in 0,1 seconds,
a mech with 100 kph does 2,8m in 0,1 seconds.

Question:
Try to mask the agenda of the couldron with alibi changes that dont do much but gives a good feeling for the peasants
or dont know much about percentage calculation (5% of nearly nothing is still nearly nothing)?

#43 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 04:30 AM

A mech that is reliant on missile locks will run 5 Target Decay nodes, adding up to 5.5s of lock retention.
This will be reduced by a fully-specced, non-quirked Radar Deprivation Mech, to 5.5s x 0.05 = 0.275s
2.75s equate to 11,46m (at 150km/h) resp. 7,64m (at 100km/h). In my eyes this is enough to clear smaller obstacles conveniently so the lock-on missile user won't have to re-establish a lock.
Question:
Missing a crucial element of the equation or masking some kind of agenda?

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 12 December 2022 - 04:31 AM.

#44 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 05:38 AM

View Postjohnnyq666, on 09 December 2022 - 09:33 PM, said:

• Reduced Radar Deprivation skill node value to 19% per node (from 20%)
o.0

there isn't a "Don't Like This" button - if there was one, I'd pick it for this change to Radar Deprivation

#45 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 12 December 2022 - 06:20 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 12 December 2022 - 04:30 AM, said:

A mech that is reliant on missile locks will run 5 Target Decay nodes, adding up to 5.5s of lock retention.
This will be reduced by a fully-specced, non-quirked Radar Deprivation Mech, to 5.5s x 0.05 = 0.275s
2.75s equate to 11,46m (at 150km/h) resp. 7,64m (at 100km/h). In my eyes this is enough to clear smaller obstacles conveniently so the lock-on missile user won't have to re-establish a lock.
Question:
Missing a crucial element of the equation or masking some kind of agenda?

No, I get that this was the whole point, to prevent most mechs from disappearing from radar lock while they're standing in plain sight. It still has the effect of keeping the rain off you. But any mech that has a radar derp quirk will still be able to hide from streaks by walking behind an antenna or pillar for a moment. So this must be intentional.

The thing I don't get... of all the balancing changes they could make to the Crusader 6T... less arm armor? Really?

#46 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:57 AM

View PostTarogato, on 09 December 2022 - 11:04 PM, said:

I appreciate that we're trying to fix ATMs which are currently a pretty useless weapon, but reducing minrange won't improve them. Their problem is last year they were overnerfed from 3.0 damage to 2.5 damage and became impotent. They need a damage buff to somewhere in the 2.6 to 2.7 range.

Or perhaps more importantly, their mid-range and long-range damage brackets need a damage buff - ATMs suffer from being only worthwhile in their close-range bracket where they deal their biggest damage.

What about linear ramp-down from 2.5 at 60m to 1.5 dmg at max range, over the brackets?

View PostTarogato, on 09 December 2022 - 10:12 PM, said:

Cauldron expressed that this change is to make lock-on weapon systems more reliable, since you will no longer be able to reach full 100% Radar Derp. Because let's face it, it's really silly how a mech walking behind another mech or a small pylon can instantly break locks. This should no longer happen as often. Also should reduce the effect of a bug with Streaks where facehugging can break locks.

Why wasn't 4 or 5% taken as a noticable option (max 75-80%) so the strength of this would actually be less OP vs someone to get/keep a lock?
I would think/feel that it's rather the line we should aim for if using these opposing skills. (as both are % and not flat seconds, right)

#47 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:25 AM

so nobody thinks this endless balancing is pointless? its has been what? 10 years? it will never be balanced, no game ever will (other than chess maybe?), but there will always be some folks complaining, because they decided they can't get good at it, and it has to be the game's fault?

the game needs to expand the arsenal with more weapons and proper electronics for mech (lorewise), and those weapons have to be good at their intended purpose (again lorewise), but of course, there has to be a trade off (very important), it is the job of the player to manage the trade offs. it isnt like you are supposed to loooooove every weapon, every mech, every strategy....too crazy? this is something I have come to understand after playing MW4M (DATA's Mod)

#48 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:32 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 December 2022 - 01:36 PM, said:

- Regarding cERLL and their use in the game
First. You sample a very specifically crafted match in championships (which has a bunch of extra rules to what mech you can pick and what you can't), to argue that cERLL is dominant?
I don't know if you really don't know what sort of dynamic existed in that match, or you are just not genuine.

That match is a textbook showcase of a aggressive brawl push... with an insurance long range mech in tow. All of the team PUSHED the enemy head on so that mech at the back could work. Without that push, that cERLL mech would have been LRM'd to death in some corner of the map.

No more comment on this, since (by evidence) you don't know how a comp match dynamic plays out.
In the same competition I can open the floodgates on how useless ERLLs in general (IS or Clan) against brawl even on so called open sniper heaven maps... the fact that I need to say this shows how out of touch or dishonest you were.

Go watch this whole set between the 1st placed team and the 3rd placed team if you want to see how truly useless ERLLs are in a comp setting these days

or you know, watch CS2021 and see what strong C-ERLL look like in the meta

#49 bilagaana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 11:21 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 10 December 2022 - 02:35 AM, said:

So, regarding the Crusader-6T. The mech is changing from a literal god mode, to something that is so powerful that it is still making a lot of other stuff irrelevant. Faction Play Clan players in particular will have an easier time, not getting spawn camped with 48 of these (yes, you can bring 4 of them in a single deck). And quick play players will also have an easier time dealing with 4-man groups of these steam rolling their entire team.

Okay, well...if that's the case then perhaps some adjustments were in order. However, I suspect this "god mode" perception was entirely situational, the recommendation to nerf a direct result of those whose experience is at higher tiers. At the level at which I play, over an admittedly short span of two weeks, I never once saw a four-man CRD-6T team and in the majority of those matches in which I took one it was the only CRD-6T on either side. In no match was I an overwhelming menace, but that's my cross to bear.

A cursory reading of the forums over the last few months would reveal a general and unhappy perception on the part of many among the player base that the meta (hate using that word) has been skewed to the preferred long-range sniping play style of a particular and apparently influential subset of players.

That mechs which are at least competitive, not dominant, at short-range are singled out for special attention does nothing to correct that perception.

Edited by bilagaana, 12 December 2022 - 11:35 AM.

#50 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 02:02 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 11 December 2022 - 07:02 PM, said:

Here's a quote just for you:
"...and get us your feedback for future iterations"

I draw your attention, the developers themselves called on the community to discuss. Everyone has the right to express their opinion. And people express different opinions.
You have no more rights here than all other players. Therefore, telling someone that he should not play this game if you do not like their point of view, you simply do not have the right. And even more so, you can’t tell people that they shouldn’t play this game at a time when the game is actively losing players. You take on too much.

The way you were giving feedback sounded like a dickish tone, in some way.

#51 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 02:26 PM

I've been on a MWO break for awhile, but maybe I'll fire this up tomorrow night after patch and play with some ATMs :)

#52 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 04:18 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 12 December 2022 - 02:02 PM, said:

The way you were giving feedback sounded like a dickish tone, in some way.

I don't care what you think about my feedback for developer. I left my opinion about the patch at the request of the developers and only for the developers.

#53 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:32 PM

Oh hey, 1 percent per node radar dep tweaks! We've all been waiting for these earth shattering changes!

Why don't you spend some time working on faction events to get people playing that instead of this picking at the edges ****?

#54 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 December 2022 - 06:41 AM

Hopefully both ATM and Mad Dog would get some love after this Dec'2022 patch!

I still want to get that MDD-Prime(I) which is behind a huge paywall !

View PostTELEFORCE, on 12 December 2022 - 02:26 PM, said:

I've been on a MWO break for awhile, but maybe I'll fire this up tomorrow night after patch and play with some ATMs Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 13 December 2022 - 07:24 AM.

#55 Znozoic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 133 posts
  • Locationin the *** of the world, literally (argentina)

Posted 13 December 2022 - 07:18 AM

AMS on ppl... lrm storm is coming Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#56 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 December 2022 - 11:19 AM

View PostGrimloon, on 11 December 2022 - 12:47 PM, said:

Quick question, you are aware that the CP-S is the Sleipnir right? The hero variant with 4 ballistic and 4 energy mounts? Why then is it getting a buff to missile range?

I'm hoping it's a typo and that there isn't a hidden re-work of the mech or just adding random quirks that have no reason...

All Cyclops' (including the Slepnir Hero) come with a CT mounted SRM4. Thus, even though nobody uses it, and nobody remembers it's there, Slepnir DOES have a missile hardpoint. :) The fact that nobody uses it or remembers it's there is likely why it's getting a buff: to encourage players to mix up their loadouts and try something new.

#57 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 December 2022 - 12:37 PM

Does the patch done something with music? Not hear in-game music since patch...

No trouble though, at least I could listen my self chosen tracks freely now :) (not sure how that may affects voices)

#58 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 14 December 2022 - 10:40 AM

After that patch I have 0 from 134 mechs. Posted Image Proud to live in this exciting times!

Edit: 2 game reloads helped, but now loading lasts 10 minutes... I was disconnected from the match and still waiting to join back...

Edited by ExoForce, 14 December 2022 - 10:52 AM.

#59 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 02:50 PM

BALLISTIC WEAPONS
Clan Heavy Machine Gun:<p style="">
  • Decreased damage per second to 1.4 (from 1.5)
  • Decreased critical hit chances to 25%, 14%, 3% for 1x, 2x, and 3x crits (from 28%, 15.5%, 3.5%)
  • Decreased critical damage multiplier to 3 (from 3.75)

Nerv Clan H- MG
and what about IS H-MG ?

#60 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 December 2022 - 03:59 PM

So where is the News Posting for the 2022-12-15 @ 0:00 UTC Patch that happens to be suddenly coming our way? Darn harsh situation for those of us needing to do a Manual Download before putting the Patch in there! :o

~D. V. "wondering what on v1.4.270.0 needed a HotFix to arrive" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users