Social General Gameplay

60 replies to this topic

#21 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:31 AM

I haven't heard anything like the OP mentioned.

Occasionally someone in QP gets aggravated with another player over being shot in the back or left alone in the pee stain or something and they cut loose a little, but the insults are pretty generic and I've not noticed them to be ant-trans or racist or that sort of thing.

#22 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 10:27 AM

View PostNakl, on 10 January 2023 - 09:24 PM, said:

Has anyone else heard much more anti-trans talk in voice chat since Christmas? I do tend to run mech color schemes in the colors of the trans flag, so maybe it's just me triggering folk with my presence, but I mean... really?

And I'm not talking about children; if they are children, they have the voice of full-grown folk.

It's getting to the point that I don't log in unless my unit mates pull me in from other games, and even then, it wears really thin really fast.

Here is the serving of attention you ordered.

Edited by Vonbach, 12 January 2023 - 10:51 AM.

#23 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 12 January 2023 - 11:02 AM

Ive not heard anything pro or anti trans in all my years of playing. Or any lgbtqrsi related nonsense.
Ill be honest too though, I am against the constant pushing of the woke/trans agenda into everything, especially when its followed by tears, sobbing, and accusations of being x-ist when someone inevitably asks you to please stop trying to force politics into everything.

#24 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 11:26 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 12 January 2023 - 11:02 AM, said:

I am against the constant pushing of the woke/trans agenda into everything, especially when its followed by tears, sobbing, and accusations of being x-ist when someone inevitably asks you to please stop trying to force politics into everything.

Thats the entire point. To force woke/lgbtq+++ politics into everything in order to get attention and cry bully everyone.

#25 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 12 January 2023 - 11:37 AM

I have not heard anything against any class of people, even the Russians. There is plenty of vitriol in any online game. Plenty of hurt feelings without singling any group out. They moderated a guy out of MWO for wishing a good afternoon or morning to the ladies without mentioning guys or the non-binary. That is not an issue here with the heavy handed moderation happening.

It's a game. Enjoy it, and don't worry about other people's pettiness and angst, or go play a nice single player game.

#26 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:02 PM

View PostHaipyng, on 12 January 2023 - 11:37 AM, said:

I have not heard anything against any class of people, even the Russians. There is plenty of vitriol in any online game. Plenty of hurt feelings without singling any group out. They moderated a guy out of MWO for wishing a good afternoon or morning to the ladies without mentioning guys or the non-binary. That is not an issue here with the heavy handed moderation happening.

It's a game. Enjoy it, and don't worry about other people's pettiness and angst, or go play a nice single player game.

The moderation is usually restrained. In V****e's case he left voluntarily. He was asked to modify his greeting and he refused. He was in the right in my opinion, but it's important to get the nuances of the situation correct.

I've experienced vanishingly little poor sportsmanship in this game, much less than in any other. It's telling that OP has all of 5 posts and has not replied to this thread. As conspiratorial as it sounds, yes, this does appear to be the modus operandi.

Edited by RickySpanish, 12 January 2023 - 12:04 PM.

#27 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:03 PM

View PostHaipyng, on 12 January 2023 - 11:37 AM, said:

i suspect that pgi quietly went through with the russian server plans even after the invasion. i have had russian friends, and they seem to be huge edge lords who seem to do it out of shear bravado. perhaps a quirk of russian culture (not surprising given the brutal history of russia). it also doesn't help that they have a leader who wants to go back to the '50s era conservatism. derogatory slurs simply are not met with the same level of distaste and vitriol as they are over here in the west, and again being egged on by an ultra conservative leadership.

pretty sure i recently saw a player with a racist name (containing an intentional misspelling of the n word so it wouldn't trip the filters), and also chatting in russian. if he was trash talking i couldnt tell. i believe i silently flagged him for inappropriate name and moved on.

it goes without saying that it is wrong to generalize all russians for the actions of a few. i wish the woke mob could understand this. if we judged everyone by the bad apples (past and present) in their race groups, no one would be worthy of anything.

#28 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:12 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 12 January 2023 - 12:02 PM, said:

The moderation is usually restrained. In V****e's case he left voluntarily. He was asked to modify his greeting and he refused. He was in the right in my opinion, but it's important to get the nuances of the situation correct.

I've experienced vanishingly little poor sportsmanship in this game, much less than in any other. It's telling that OP has all of 5 posts and has not replied to this thread. As conspiratorial as it sounds, yes, this does appear to be the modus operandi.

Noted. I would say he was shown the door. He had been doing it for 10 years, but he chose to stand his ground and perhaps rightly so.

#29 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:16 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 12 January 2023 - 12:03 PM, said:

i suspect that pgi quietly went through with the russian server plans even after the invasion. i have had russian friends, and they seem to be huge edge lords who seem to do it out of shear bravado. perhaps a quirk of russian culture (not surprising given the brutal history of russia). it also doesn't help that they have a leader who wants to go back to the '50s era conservatism. derogatory slurs simply are not met with the same level of distaste and vitriol as they are over here in the west, and again being egged on by an ultra conservative leadership.

pretty sure i recently saw a player with a racist name (containing an intentional misspelling of the n word so it wouldn't trip the filters), and also chatting in russian. if he was trash talking i couldnt tell. i believe i silently flagged him for inappropriate name and moved on.

it goes without saying that it is wrong to generalize all russians for the actions of a few. i wish the woke mob could understand this. if we judged everyone by the bad apples (past and present) in their race groups, no one would be worthy of anything.

I was thinking against Russian players as a group. In some other games beating up the Russians is now a sport (given the state of affairs and their leader). MWO seems devoid of that fortunately.

#30 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:24 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 12 January 2023 - 09:19 AM, said:

Brightly colored targets make the best targets.
Try not drawing attention to your mech.
That's probably 97.5% of the issue.

But sometimes see a pink mech just make my day!

Otherwise, no... I more hear my own country's sonz&girlz use rude words. One factor I myself not have\use a mic :P

Oh, and one were two idiots whom started to tell each others how to f**k themselves and their wider family but luckily got killed quickly and both quit... The usual rudeness in comms I think nothing extra lately...

So, we could agree OP may wanted attention? Who not wants 15 mins fame?!

#31 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 12 January 2023 - 12:34 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 12 January 2023 - 12:24 PM, said:

So, we could agree OP may wanted attention? Who not wants 15 mins fame?!

After reading other responses I think so. Lets keep the politics out of the game. I play for fun, not to listen to someone's agenda or push my own. :)

#32 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 January 2023 - 03:02 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 12 January 2023 - 12:02 PM, said:

The moderation here is some of the most laid back and tolerant of any gaming forum I've ever been to. This thread would have been nuked and all participants either temp banned or permabanned over on say the heavily woke world of tanks forums let alone almost all the off topic section here. Good lord its like the old ussr over there and any slip ups even innocent will get you a sanction. So it seems odd that the mods here pressured that guy to change a simple greeting to be more woke and iNcLuSiVe..

Edited by Meep Meep, 12 January 2023 - 03:03 PM.

#33 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 03:36 PM

An awful lot of the posts in here are demonstrating the exact reason the OP felt the need to ask their question.

OP: I can't say I've noticed an increase, and unfortunately all you can really do is mute & report. Milscif shooty things seem to attract large numbers of unreconstructed chuds and they always seem to come outta the woodwork as soon as someone suggests maybe treating people with dignity.

#34 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 January 2023 - 03:45 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 12 January 2023 - 03:36 PM, said:

An awful lot of the posts in here are demonstrating the exact reason the OP felt the need to ask their question.

Really? Which ones? A serious question because everyone has been pretty even tempered and civil that I have seen.

#35 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 06:11 PM

I'm just curious what 3 colors and what pattern would possibly even begin to resemble anything resembling alphabet identification.

Would hazard a guess that it was a topic encroached by the op and didn't get praising in response. I've dropped at all times of day and the worst of it I ever encountered (and it was once - once ever that I recall since beta) was some randoms talking about stroking their and each other's wieners.

Mostly just took it as a sign they'd been losing a lot of games, which seemed pretty likely by their end of match scoring.

#36 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 06:27 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 12 January 2023 - 03:45 PM, said:

Really? Which ones? A serious question because everyone has been pretty even tempered and civil that I have seen.

All the ones calling the OP an attentionseeker, for a start, and the ones saying that it's probably because they didn't get immediate praise, and a nice wide swathe of the "keep your politics out of my face" ones to boot. Seen it all before, gonna see it all again, don't like any of it.

#37 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 07:01 PM

wokism and trumpism are effectively the same thing. both are responsible for riots, destruction of property, narcissism, entitlement authoritarianism and hate. both are cancers on their respective political parties and have demonstrated characteristics more inline with cults than political movements. both are dangerous and will get us exactly nowhere. this nonsense is what has led to every bloody revolution in human history. both would enrich themselves at the expense of the other and neither care about the bulk of the people in the middle that will be harmed by this (not to mention their own people).

there are differences of course, one is top down and the other is bottom up and both proclaim to have their own values and both will shirk them the second they get in the way of obtaining more power. both will have vastly different endgames if their movement is successful, communism or tyranny, pick your poison.

#38 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 January 2023 - 07:36 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 12 January 2023 - 06:27 PM, said:

All the ones calling the OP an attentionseeker, for a start, and the ones saying that it's probably because they didn't get immediate praise, and a nice wide swathe of the "keep your politics out of my face" ones to boot. Seen it all before, gonna see it all again, don't like any of it.

What else could it be but attention seeking though? How would anyone playing a match have the faintest clue you thought you were a sex you were not if you didn't bring it up to begin with? If they were 'harassed' it's because they made it a point to bring it up and were probably hostile about it. I've seen it a million times where the 'victim' is mad because you didn't accept their mental illness or pronouns or whatever it is they think they are. You as an adult have every right to think how you want but you don't get to force me to follow along.

Also lets put this trans stuff to bed already. It's a mental disorder called Gender Dysphoria and it only came into being AFTER a man called John Money ran some extremely questionable gender bending experiments on an infant that had a circumcision accident resulting in castration. He encouraged the parents to raise the boy as a girl and directed them to do plastic surgery on him so he could have a live test subject he could track through their various development cycles.

https://embryo.asu.e...y-johnjoan-case

This entire trans stuff didn't exist before his experiments and its current spotlight is due to the insane money that gender reassignment surgery brings in so the medical side is all in on it. Its an almost billion dollar industry now and vulnerable children and adults are being brainwashed into it by corrupt and greedy counselors and surgeons.

I was ok with it till they started to push it on the kids. Thats where the buck stops and you will never budge me off it either.

#39 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 07:42 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 12 January 2023 - 07:36 PM, said:

How would anyone playing a match have the faintest clue you thought you were a sex you were not

Oh, and yeah, phrasing like that, that's another example.

View Postsycocys, on 12 January 2023 - 06:11 PM, said:

I'm just curious what 3 colors and what pattern would possibly even begin to resemble anything resembling alphabet identification.

Blue pink white. It isn't at all difficult.

#40 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 07:42 PM

The only reason this thread isn't closed is because PGI is scared they will have to issue another puplic apology.
There's more important and interesting topics to discuss this week, imo. Let's stop bumping this dumb thread that someone likely started with their alt account just to troll. Let's be real.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users