March Madness Event Queue Weekend + Sale!

67 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:11 PM

DROPSHIP REINFORCEMENTS
EVENT QUEUE WEEKEND + SALE!

3x C-Bills and XP
Dropship Events
and In-game Sale
ALL WEEKEND!

Starts:
March 3rd 4pm PST / March 4th 12am UTC

Ends:
March 6th 4pm PST / March 7th 12am UTC

WEEKEND SALE

50% OFF C-Bill and MC Prices!
All Engines
All Weapons
All Consumables
'Mech Bays
Premium Time
GSP

The following 'Mechs:
Atlas
Dire Wolf
King Crab
Kodiak
Annihilator
Fafnir
Marauder II
Corsair
BattleMaster
Vapor Eagle
Grasshopper
Cataphract

EVENT QUEUE WEEKEND SCHEDULE

March 3rd 4pm PST / March 4th 12am UTC
TITANS FALL
8v8
Groups up-to-2
Drop Deck
100 Ton 'Mechs Only (50% OFF DURING EVENT!)
Vitric Station
Skirmish
3x C-Bill and XP Rewards
25 Minute Match

March 4th 4am PST / March 4th 12pm UTC
LIGHT FIGHTS
8v8
Groups up-to-2
Drop Deck
Light 'Mechs Only
Rubellite Oasis
Skirmish
3x C-Bill and XP Rewards
25 Minute Match

March 4th 4pm PST / March 5th 12am UTC
MEDIUM MAYHEM
8v8
Groups up-to-2
Drop Deck
Medium 'Mechs Only
Vitric Station
Skirmish
3x C-Bill and XP Rewards
25 Minute Match

March 5th 4am PST / March 5th 12pm UTC
TITANS FALL
8v8
Groups up-to-2
Drop Deck
100 Ton 'Mechs Only (50% DURING EVENT!)
Rubellite Oasis
Skirmish
3x C-Bill and XP Rewards
25 Minute Match

March 5th 4pm PST / March 6th 12am UTC
MARCH MADNESS
8v8
Groups up-to-2
Drop Deck
285 Max Tonnage
Vitric Station
Skirmish
50% More Armor
3x C-Bill and XP Rewards
25 Minute Match

March 6th 4am PST / March 6th 12pm UTC
MARCH MADNESS
8v8
Groups up-to-2
Drop Deck
285 Max Tonnage
Rubellite Oasis
Skirmish
50% More Armor
3x C-Bill and XP Rewards
25 Minute Match

#2 syhArch3r

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:33 PM

:>

#3 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:50 PM

Why is the sale the same stuff that's already on sale during the same time window? How about colors or warhorns?

WEEKEND SALE
Starts: March 3rd 4pm PST / March 4th 12am UTC
Ends: March 6th 4pm PST / March 7th 12am UTC

All Engines
All Weapons
All Consumables
'Mech Bays
Premium Time
GSP

vs

PATCH SCIENCE SALE
Starts: Feb 23rd 4pm PST/Feb 24th 12am UTC
Ends: March 9th 4pm PST/March 10th 12am UTC

50% OFF the C-Bill and MC prices of:
All Engines
All Weapons
All Consumables
'Mech Bays
Premium Time
GSP

i mean i'm happy there's an event queue and i feel bad complaining i just wish other things went on sale ever, it's been 9 months that i've been playing and there's only been a warhorn sale once in that time and the warhorn i wanted to buy somehow wasn't included in the sale

Edited by Nyandere, 02 March 2023 - 09:05 PM.

#4 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 09:28 PM

View PostNyandere, on 02 March 2023 - 08:50 PM, said:

Why is the sale the same stuff that's already on sale during the same time window? How about colors or warhorns?

WEEKEND SALE
Starts: March 3rd 4pm PST / March 4th 12am UTC
Ends: March 6th 4pm PST / March 7th 12am UTC

All Engines
All Weapons
All Consumables
'Mech Bays
Premium Time
GSP

vs

PATCH SCIENCE SALE
Starts: Feb 23rd 4pm PST/Feb 24th 12am UTC
Ends: March 9th 4pm PST/March 10th 12am UTC

50% OFF the C-Bill and MC prices of:
All Engines
All Weapons
All Consumables
'Mech Bays
Premium Time
GSP

i mean i'm happy there's an event queue and i feel bad complaining i just wish other things went on sale ever, it's been 9 months that i've been playing and there's only been a warhorn sale once in that time and the warhorn i wanted to buy somehow wasn't included in the sale

I'm working on new bundle sales as we speak that will include everything you're talking about and more. Coming very soon!

#5 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 10:10 PM

Hi Daeron

Could you see your way into adding Corsairs and Battlemasters into the sale?

Very much appreciated if you could!

Cheers.

Z.

#6 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 03:17 AM

I really like the current event picks. So I have to say good job PGI .

Regarding sales , I would also like to see an in game warhorn MC sale because we didn't see one in a long while.

#7 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 March 2023 - 05:16 AM

100 Ton 'Mechs Only (50% DURING EVENT!). Means - 50% more armor, right?

Edited by ENOVA, 03 March 2023 - 05:28 AM.

#8 Agro

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 06:09 AM

Why are you starting the event queue so late? Is the European part of the community not important to you? Maybe you should move the start 12 hours earlier so that people from the other side of the planet can play the event on Friday?

#9 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 07:45 AM

EQ events are always welcome, and good sales even more!

Thanks!

#10 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2023 - 08:14 AM

Not to sound like a cry baby, but why do these events always alter between maps like Vitric and Rubelite? Couldn't be get like Emerald or something with some greenery a bit more often to spice it up a little?

Something like Crimson would be awesome, Canyon Network, or even the Solaris maps would be a cool change up on some wild 4v4 stuff.

Edited by CwStrife, 03 March 2023 - 08:16 AM.

#11 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 09:11 AM

View PostCwStrife, on 03 March 2023 - 08:14 AM, said:

Not to sound like a cry baby, but why do these events always alter between maps like Vitric and Rubelite? Couldn't be get like Emerald or something with some greenery a bit more often to spice it up a little?

Something like Crimson would be awesome, Canyon Network, or even the Solaris maps would be a cool change up on some wild 4v4 stuff.

One of the earlier event queues was assaults only on canyon network and that ended up being really fun. I'd like to see canyon i the map pool again, it's small enough for 8v8.

#12 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 10:56 AM

View PostZephrym, on 02 March 2023 - 10:10 PM, said:

Hi Daeron

Could you see your way into adding Corsairs and Battlemasters into the sale?

Very much appreciated if you could!

Cheers.

Z.

Added!

View PostENOVA, on 03 March 2023 - 05:16 AM, said:

100 Ton 'Mechs Only (50% DURING EVENT!). Means - 50% more armor, right?

Sorry, that was supposed to be 50% OFF.

View PostAgro, on 03 March 2023 - 06:09 AM, said:

Why are you starting the event queue so late? Is the European part of the community not important to you? Maybe you should move the start 12 hours earlier so that people from the other side of the planet can play the event on Friday?

The Event Queue lasts for 72 hours straight, so there should be plenty of opportunity for everyone around the world to play over the course of 3 days. If you can't find time to play in that 72 hours, there are at least 2 Event Queue weekends every month.

View PostCwStrife, on 03 March 2023 - 08:14 AM, said:

I'm limited to the maps I can use with dropships. In order to use some of the other player favorite maps, we have to add dropships to those maps, which we are doing as we can. I'll make sure to get some non-dropship modes into the next event and use some other maps like Emerald Vale etc.

View PostNyandere, on 03 March 2023 - 09:11 AM, said:

One of the earlier event queues was assaults only on canyon network and that ended up being really fun. I'd like to see canyon i the map pool again, it's small enough for 8v8.

Yeah same as previous answer, unfortunately Canyon doesn't have dropship capability yet. Whenever I do non-dropship events, I get asked by everyone to do dropships. I'm trying to mix things up and use as many of our available options as possible though.

#13 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 03 March 2023 - 11:08 AM

Appreciate the answers and info Daeron. Good to hear the reason why something might not be possible so we know. Thanks man.

#14 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2023 - 11:29 AM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 03 March 2023 - 10:56 AM, said:

Added!

The Event Queue lasts for 72 hours straight, so there should be plenty of opportunity for everyone around the world to play over the course of 3 days. If you can't find time to play in that 72 hours, there are at least 2 Event Queue weekends every month.

I'm limited to the maps I can use with dropships. In order to use some of the other player favorite maps, we have to add dropships to those maps, which we are doing as we can. I'll make sure to get some non-dropship modes into the next event and use some other maps like Emerald Vale etc.

Yeah same as previous answer, unfortunately Canyon doesn't have dropship capability yet. Whenever I do non-dropship events, I get asked by everyone to do dropships. I'm trying to mix things up and use as many of our available options as possible though.

Thanks for the reply... what do you mean by dropships exactly? Shouldn't any map be able to be loaded up so it could be played in the event? It would just be fun to see more variety. Alot of the maps use the same drab color schemes which makes them kinda boring and maps the event kinda dull after a short period of time. I know i'm not the only one who has said it either whilst in a match I have many times heard others say "why is it the same maps we play over and over" which is true. In this event it happens to be Vitric and Rubelite, which are overplayed anyways, same color scheme, which makes me play the event for maybe a few matches (i'm not looking for extra c-bills), and then I go back to quickplay and pay little mind to it because.. well... those maps are incredibly boring to play over and over.

Now when the Solaris event ran the other weekend and you guys were changing it up between Mech Factory and Steiner Arena and some weird Bog map, those were excellent, I made sure I played pretty much every one of those maps and sadly missed Mech Factory which I would have loved to play... Please, bring more of that on!

Edited by CwStrife, 03 March 2023 - 11:30 AM.

#15 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 246 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 March 2023 - 11:33 AM

View PostNyandere, on 03 March 2023 - 09:11 AM, said:

I'd do anything to see an event with maps that feature full foliage the entire time like River City, Crimson, Bog, real life like atmospheres. Even Canyon is life like compared to a few of these maps we tend to play over and over.

#16 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 11:56 AM

View PostCwStrife, on 03 March 2023 - 11:29 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply... what do you mean by dropships exactly? Shouldn't any map be able to be loaded up so it could be played in the event? It would just be fun to see more variety. Alot of the maps use the same drab color schemes which makes them kinda boring and maps the event kinda dull after a short period of time. I know i'm not the only one who has said it either whilst in a match I have many times heard others say "why is it the same maps we play over and over" which is true. In this event it happens to be Vitric and Rubelite, which are overplayed anyways, same color scheme, which makes me play the event for maybe a few matches (i'm not looking for extra c-bills), and then I go back to quickplay and pay little mind to it because.. well... those maps are incredibly boring to play over and over.

Now when the Solaris event ran the other weekend and you guys were changing it up between Mech Factory and Steiner Arena and some weird Bog map, those were excellent, I made sure I played pretty much every one of those maps and sadly missed Mech Factory which I would have loved to play... Please, bring more of that on!

Some maps are dropship enabled. When you spawn in, you will be in a dropship (like Faction Play). Some maps you just spawn on the map, no dropship (like Canyon Network). Those maps without dropships are usable in Event Queue, but I can't do events with Drop Decks (4 'Mechs) on them until our level designer adds dropships to those maps. We're slowly doing this while we work on improving all of our maps, but it takes time.

View PostCwStrife, on 03 March 2023 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'd do anything to see an event with maps that feature full foliage the entire time like River City, Crimson, Bog, real life like atmospheres. Even Canyon is life like compared to a few of these maps we tend to play over and over.

I will add some of these maps to the rotation next time we do a non-Solaris Event Queue weekend.

#17 Nyandere

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 12:42 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 03 March 2023 - 10:56 AM, said:

Added!

i forgot about this, nevermind then. Honestly dropship is way more fun than single drops so i think the focus on dropship is good.

#18 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 03 March 2023 - 01:09 PM

nice event thanks. Could you slow down the game in the next event? I wonder how it will be :)

#19 Ilostmycactus

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 08:59 PM

Could you add the Vapor Eagle, Grasshopper, and Cataphract, please?

#20 Daeron Katz

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 March 2023 - 10:20 PM

View PostIlostmycactus, on 03 March 2023 - 08:59 PM, said:

Could you add the Vapor Eagle, Grasshopper, and Cataphract, please?

Added!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users