• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 12 March 2023 - 04:50 PM

View PostKeZangaren777, on 12 March 2023 - 03:16 PM, said:

Can you give an example what kind of cheat that player did?

https://www.youtube....eat&sp=CAI%253D

we all see them. But isn't it silly to play aimlessly?

Your success here is your own success.

#62 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 06:55 PM

View PostKeZangaren777, on 12 March 2023 - 03:16 PM, said:

Can you give an example what kind of cheat that player did?

The names of the players who were banned may not be disclosed
Which is completely wrong
all players pay more or less money for this game
so you can expect everything to go right
the question arises "is it so"

#63 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 12 March 2023 - 07:41 PM

good watch/listen if you love mechwarrior and the future of it

#64 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 12 March 2023 - 09:29 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 12 March 2023 - 11:20 AM, said:

I agree but disagree about groups : They should have their own queue and fight it our seperated from the rest of the players who drop solo Posted Image

The game doesn't have big enough player base to make it happen. That's the reason groups was merged with solos in the first place.

#65 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 10:33 PM

Pfft...
I'm not at all surprised that PGI did nothing with the matchmaker. I knew it.
I'm referring to the person who took the control shot to the head of the matchmaker when he allowed the groups into a solo quick play. Breaking is easier than building, right?

#66 Divkrd

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 12 March 2023 - 10:58 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 12 March 2023 - 10:33 PM, said:

Pfft...
I'm not at all surprised that PGI did nothing with the matchmaker. I knew it.
I'm referring to the person who took the control shot to the head of the matchmaker when he allowed the groups into a solo quick play. Breaking is easier than building, right?

Merging groups and solos was the best decision they made. Not being able to team up with friends in a team game was stupid in the first place, glad they fixed it, otherwise you would have had even smaller community.

and tbh, if i were you, i would focus on my own performance. If you'd work on yourself as much as you whine on forums, groups wouldn't have as much impact on your games as they do now.

#67 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 11:50 PM

View PostDivkrd, on 12 March 2023 - 10:58 PM, said:

Merging groups and solos was the best decision they made. Not being able to team up with friends in a team game was stupid in the first place, glad they fixed it, otherwise you would have had even smaller community.

It was the best decision to finally finish off the already limping on both legs matchmaker.
Groups in a solo game brought a lot more not possible to predict (and therefore balancing) variables than benefits for the entire game of MWO.

and tbh, if i were you, i would focus on my own performance. If you'd work on yourself as much as you whine on forums, groups wouldn't have as much impact on your games as they do now.

Are you aware that what you wrote is complete nonsense? Do you understand this very well.

#68 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 02:00 AM

Merging groups and solos was the best decision they made. Not being able to team up with friends in a team game was stupid in the first place...

It was never impossible to play with friends in the first hand and that the group queue collapsed has all to do with - like the name sugests - GROUPS!

Any other suggestion is false flagging!

#69 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 13 March 2023 - 03:51 AM

All the folk up in here talking about how they want to play in groups might like to go play faction. Plenty of group action to be had there.

#70 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 05:28 AM

Very disappointing about the matchmaker, and Phil was no help. They still don't seem to understand that the problem is not who is in the match, it is balancing the teams in a match.

#71 NeckWorrier

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 08:35 AM

Would love to see 8v8 dropdeck solo only. Too many times 12v12 is ruined by a bad/good group matching against each other resulting in a 12-2 or 12-0 game

#72 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 13 March 2023 - 09:41 AM

I think it should be a solo entry.
can be connected to the same game.

this is my dream.

Posted Image

#73 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 10:44 AM

View PostStaude, on 12 March 2023 - 01:43 PM, said:

The truth is that PGI doesn't introduce even the simplest things like
anti-cheating software for the players in this game
is standard for other games but it costs money
Cheating in this game has long been known to players, nothing is done

You can say a lot about MWO but one thing I know for sure is that there are basically ZERO cheaters in this game at the moment unlike 5+ years ago! :)

If you have to cheat in this game to perform properly then there is something seriously wrong with you as a person IMHO :(

View PostDivkrd, on 12 March 2023 - 09:29 PM, said:

The game doesn't have big enough player base to make it happen.
That's the reason groups was merged with solos in the first place.

I know that but they simply have no place in Quick Play :)

#74 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 13 March 2023 - 11:10 AM

MM should at least balance out assaults. Too often you hit the score screen at the end and look and the number of assaults is 3+ different between the teams and 90% of the time the one with more assaults won. Assaults are heavily armed, heavily armored, and psychologically a factor. It isn't just about total weight (which also seems to not be particularly balanced) -- the composition matters.

I'm not sure what level of coding is possible at this point given dev resources, but maybe implement some sort of dropdeck system where players get 2-4 mechs in their dropdeck but the MM picks the first drop mechs for everyone based on balance instead of players getting to select.

#75 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:06 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 12 March 2023 - 04:50 PM, said:

https://www.youtube....eat&sp=CAI%253D

we all see them. But isn't it silly to play aimlessly?

Your success here is your own success.

Damit, i didn't expect that so many cheats for the singleplayer & COOP game Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries exist.

Edited by Alreech, 13 March 2023 - 12:07 PM.

#76 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:10 PM

View Postsycocys, on 12 March 2023 - 12:02 PM, said:

-One of the main reasons people use other software for voip is because it was somewhere around 3 years in before PGI finally managed to add it to the game, most of us that were running in groups and units were already shifted to alternative communications by that point.
The other big one is that they can continue to communicate between matches, so there's a huge failure in their implementation there.

Fun fact about how big the failure in implementation is:
MWO uses Teamspeak as VOIP solution. Creating a TS channel with group creation and move the users from that channel to the team channel can be done with scripts.
Move them back after the match ends, and VOIP com between matches would be possible.

#77 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:16 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 13 March 2023 - 11:10 AM, said:

I'm not sure what level of coding is possible at this point given dev resources, but maybe implement some sort of dropdeck system where players get 2-4 mechs in their dropdeck but the MM picks the first drop mechs for everyone based on balance instead of players getting to select.

The main benefit of a drop deck:
For the matchmaker:
- removing mech class as factor from matchmaking, leaving only waiting time and player tier remaining

For the player:
- chose the fitting mechs for the map
- give limited respawns
- give a reason to build / level up more than one or two mechs
negative for the player: needs more than one or two mechs, maybe can't play their favorite mech all the time

Forcing the players to use a dropdeck but not being able to choose a mech and maybe even forced to play a mech the matchmaker has assigned to them looks like a great way to enrage players. And that for the benefit of the matchmaker still having to take mech class somehow into calculation Posted Image

Edited by Alreech, 13 March 2023 - 12:22 PM.

#78 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:21 PM

Solo quickplay is not a team game.
12 random players put one one side for one match are not a team, they are just 12 random players that don't give a dam about their teammates because those are gone the next match anyway.

#79 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:42 PM

View PostAlreech, on 13 March 2023 - 12:16 PM, said:

Forcing the players to use a dropdeck but not being able to choose a mech and maybe even forced to play a mech the matchmaker has assigned to them looks like a great way to enrage players. And that for the benefit of the matchmaker still having to take mech class somehow into calculation Posted Image

I mean, you have to put it into your drop deck already so it isn't really like the MM is randomly picking from all your mechs. I would personally set the number of mechs in a QP deck at 2 with a max tonnage of like 140.

TBH, I don't think players are in love with things as they are. Most matches seem to be pretty stompy and I think most any tweak that balanced teams more would be a positive.

#80 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 13 March 2023 - 02:10 PM

View PostKodan Black, on 13 March 2023 - 12:42 PM, said:

...TBH, I don't think players are in love with things as they are. Most matches seem to be pretty stompy and I think most any tweak that balanced teams more would be a positive.

My feel is that +80% of matches are completely one-sided, 6-12 or worse, and half of that are stomps (3-12 or worse). So, we need, clearly, a much, much better balance mechanism.
Starting points:

- groups matter
- player skill matters (watever the metrics you use: PSR, W/L, K/D,...)
- player x group interaction has to be accounted properly
- tons per side matter
- time awaiting for a match does not affect balance
- to choose a mech after map selection (drop deck addition, no less than 4 mechs, or similar thing) may help to improve the player performance in different maps, also bringing more balanced matches (no more "wrong mech for this map")

Edited by Tarteso, 13 March 2023 - 02:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users