Posted 12 March 2023 - 11:48 AM

Which one gives the highest score?

Which machine should I specialize in?

#2 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 10:29 PM

This thread has been moved to the New Player Section Light Mech Builds.
Please post in the fitting subforum next time.
Thank you.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 13 March 2023 - 10:29 PM.

#3 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 March 2023 - 10:32 PM

pick up an Ubie, you can't go wrong with any of the angry Trash cans.

#4 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 14 March 2023 - 05:59 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 13 March 2023 - 10:32 PM, said:

pick up an Ubie, you can't go wrong with any of the angry Trash cans.

I have a mac score between 200 - 300. I aim to increase it. As far as I've seen in youtube videos, those who can improve themselves get higher scores. Which model do you think is the best?

Posted Image

Other model suggestions that I can buy as an extra for the machines I have. building suggestions.

#5 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 14 March 2023 - 08:14 PM

Given the current meta in qp you'd want to get either

rvn-3L or rvn-3l(c) variant for extra xp boost to skill/level it faster.
or
lct-pirate bane hero with 30% c-bill boost extra money.

The 3l will give you a lots of laser and missile combos. Decent speedy engines with all the is engine options. Stealth/ECM.The pirate will be ecm/stealth with a few laser builds and some machine guns. You'll mostly run is xls or lfe 200.

Wait for an mc 50% off sale and you can get both very cheap. Decide which weapons you'll want to use the most. Rvn 3l will give you far more options build wise than the pirate. The pirate will be one of the fastest knife fighters in the game limited to mostly lasers.

Of the ones you listed fury is pretty good. It's the fastest clan light with all the xl options. you can run an lbx 20 and smls on it or do the common mpl hmg build.Lct-3m is also a good mech for lasers and speed.

#6 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 March 2023 - 09:02 PM

i may be biased but the K9 is a fun mech. (i ran one with a RAC-5 (i think the current build has a UAC/5) and a cluster of ER SLs for some time and did rather well in it)

(i would honestly concentrate more on having fun that worrying to much about your PSR and Match score. as long as you are contributing well to the team Fun trumps all)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 14 March 2023 - 09:04 PM.

#7 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 March 2023 - 12:22 AM

Stealth Fleas could be annoying more than anything else. If you deal with their shortcoming of close-to-zero armour as stealth they could be usefull in good hands.
My favourite light however the Arctic cheetah so far with 6xcHMGs + 2xMicropulses. I am not good with it - nor any other lights - but I tested it in FP and could bring down IS heavies with it easier than with any other clan lights.

+ I assume you have a good enough connection and hardware, yes? Otherwise lights could look like lag-fest dashing around with full speed (main reason I rarely use any of them)...

#8 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 15 March 2023 - 03:31 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 15 March 2023 - 12:22 AM, said:

Stealth Fleas could be annoying more than anything else. If you deal with their shortcoming of close-to-zero armour as stealth they could be usefull in good hands.
My favourite light however the Arctic cheetah so far with 6xcHMGs + 2xMicropulses. I am not good with it - nor any other lights - but I tested it in FP and could bring down IS heavies with it easier than with any other clan lights.

+ I assume you have a good enough connection and hardware, yes? Otherwise lights could look like lag-fest dashing around with full speed (main reason I rarely use any of them)...

privacy is important.. How can I access the list of machines using ecm?

I like Fleas, but I'm easy to catch.

I use a ER LRG LAZER these days more.

I'm very good at raven.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 15 March 2023 - 03:33 AM.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2023 - 04:25 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 15 March 2023 - 03:31 AM, said:

privacy is important.. How can I access the list of machines using ecm?
https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechs
Urbanmech R80 is better than the K9, the weapon convergence is slightly worse but you get ECM.

Another thing you can do is take a Kit Fox D with 4x ASRM6 - it can absolutely wreck bigger mechs.
Or any Kit fox with PRIME torsos, PRIME right arm and P left arm and build yourself a BoomFox: https://mwomercs.com...-p-the-boomfox/

#10 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 15 March 2023 - 04:35 AM

View PostHorseman, on 15 March 2023 - 04:25 AM, said:

https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechs
Urbanmech R80 is better than the K9, the weapon convergence is slightly worse but you get ECM.

Another thing you can do is take a Kit Fox D with 4x ASRM6 - it can absolutely wreck bigger mechs.
Or any Kit fox with PRIME torsos, PRIME right arm and P left arm and build yourself a BoomFox: https://mwomercs.com...-p-the-boomfox/

Thank you.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 12:15 AM

urbie death machine. hell's sanitation department.

#12 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 March 2023 - 01:29 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 12 March 2023 - 11:48 AM, said:

Which one gives the highest score?

Which machine should I specialize in?

My best Lights are the Wolfhound Grinner, the Locust 1V, and the Kit fox Purifier. There are some people who really swear by the Urbanmech, and that chassis is probably a bit too tough for its weight class (because of its small size combined with its durability quirk bonuses.) I'm not as much of a fan, but it's still a decent 'mech. A lot depends on how you play your Lights:

Do you want to skitter around the battlefield harassing enemies and adding your firepower to people who are already being attacked by a serious threat? Then you'll probably want to play a Locust, Piranha, or Flea. Looking to take a lot of damage for your size and still have great agility to support your larger teammates? I'd recommend the Wolfhound or Urbanmech. And of course if you want to scout, something fast with ECM is recommended.

PS: Actually, that's only my best Locust - I like the others, too, with the Pirates' Bane a close second. But all Locusts play pretty much the same: skittery agile 'mech that relies on teamwork and mobility.

#13 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 March 2023 - 03:23 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 18 March 2023 - 01:29 PM, said:

My best Lights are the Wolfhound Grinner, the Locust 1V, and the Kit fox Purifier. There are some people who really swear by the Urbanmech, and that chassis is probably a bit too tough for its weight class (because of its small size combined with its durability quirk bonuses.) I'm not as much of a fan, but it's still a decent 'mech. A lot depends on how you play your Lights:

Do you want to skitter around the battlefield harassing enemies and adding your firepower to people who are already being attacked by a serious threat? Then you'll probably want to play a Locust, Piranha, or Flea. Looking to take a lot of damage for your size and still have great agility to support your larger teammates? I'd recommend the Wolfhound or Urbanmech. And of course if you want to scout, something fast with ECM is recommended.

PS: Actually, that's only my best Locust - I like the others, too, with the Pirates' Bane a close second. But all Locusts play pretty much the same: skittery agile 'mech that relies on teamwork and mobility.

Which one do you like as an effective weapon?

I'm asking for Locust.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 18 March 2023 - 03:25 PM.

#14 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 March 2023 - 03:08 PM

The Pirates' Bane and the 1V. The Pirates' Bane I have set up with 2MG/4SPL, with stealth armor; It's good for team-centric engagements that leverage your untargetability and ECM.

But by far my favorite Locust to pilot is the 1V - 4HMGs and a Medium Pulse Laser. The thing is simply skitteriffic. Your main guns are heat-less, so you know all those heat control skills you normally pick? Those go into full speed tweak and about half each of the braking and acceleration skills. You can also skip some of the cooldown skill if you want to pick up even more mobility and/or consumable stuff. Season to taste - I still use laser duration and cooldown in the interests of maximizing my murder per second, since I do have to stare at my victims.

You don't want to go too far from the team in most situations, because people will chase you forever, and pure pulse Lights will wreck your day, if they don't lose their nerve under your constant barrage of HMG fire (the cone of fire makes a big difference fighting other small 'mechs.) But the 'mech is a joy to pilot, and will spoil you with its combination of speed (156kph) and maneuverability.

A word on both Locust builds: I'm using an XL 180 engine, not the 190 max. Needed the tonnage to make both builds work - unless you downgrade that MPL on the 1V to an SPL. Along with your full Speed Tweak, you'll top out at over 165kph, and only about three chassis in the game can even try to keep up with you.

Edited by Void Angel, 19 March 2023 - 03:41 PM.

#15 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 01:07 AM

Shure. U should try to get better, but dont try to inflate your ms. Tier is only for mm purposes and no achievement.

Personally I would prefer fleas over locust. Flea 20 is an perfect light to get used to with ecm. Flea 17 is one of the best lights in the game. Pir 1 and the laser options are still good. Mystlynx has such weird hitboxes that it is still hard to kill if u use jj smashing (both mg and srm variant are good).

Urbie plays more like an medium, than a true light but lots of good options here (snubs, mpl, mg...)
https://grimmechs.is...im.org/Database is a good source to see what load outs are possible on which chassis.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 20 March 2023 - 01:09 AM.

#16 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 20 March 2023 - 11:02 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 20 March 2023 - 01:07 AM, said:

Shure. U should try to get better, but dont try to inflate your ms. Tier is only for mm purposes and no achievement.

Personally I would prefer fleas over locust. Flea 20 is an perfect light to get used to with ecm. Flea 17 is one of the best lights in the game. Pir 1 and the laser options are still good. Mystlynx has such weird hitboxes that it is still hard to kill if u use jj smashing (both mg and srm variant are good).

Urbie plays more like an medium, than a true light but lots of good options here (snubs, mpl, mg...)
https://grimmechs.is...im.org/Database is a good source to see what load outs are possible on which chassis.

nice resource thank you Posted Image

It was something like this I was looking for.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 20 March 2023 - 11:03 AM.

#17 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:52 PM

Oh, yeah! Grimmechs is great - just remember that some of their builds are for focused team play, and may not work as well in lower tiers.

#18 Light Rushing B

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2023 - 09:49 PM

Well

Incubus is a good ridge peeker with it's awesome weapon placements
Arctic cheetah with a pulse laser boat is fun.

pirhana is the new "MG boat"
Mist lynx is the older MG boat, heavier and slower, but can carry Ecm and JJ

Laser and flamer firestarter

Urbie with stub ppc or an AC

#19 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 April 2023 - 09:31 AM

People overlook the osiris but its actually quite powerful after the various cauldron buffs especially the 2v.

osr-2v

#20 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 16 April 2023 - 10:48 AM

Any suggestions for an effective build for purfer?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users