New Map Pure Trash...

92 replies to this topic

#41 Grand Muff Diver

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThese are not the Tryhards you are looking for..

Posted 23 March 2023 - 07:34 PM

People need to load it up in the test map and roam around in a fast mech. There are plentiful routes to stay in cover as you advance so that wall snipers don't zap you. However the most direct paths lead into open kill zones and I guess these are the spots players are blundering into.

I'm really digging it so far as it rewards those who figure out the terrain and best pathing to get the good fire lanes. The outcroppings of crystal could use better collision boxes though because if you jj up on top of them you can get stuck or it will send you into one of those accelerations where you zoom up to several hundred kph then it slams you down taking off huge amounts of leg health. So for the moment don't jj up on them.

#42 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 10:00 PM

Top work on quality control. Several of the team got stuck and I got glitched sideways by terrain and somehow clipped into a friendly and we both got stuck together.

Tale it out of rotation until it is fixed.

#43 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 02:23 AM

You must become The Purple

Posted Image

#44 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 06:00 AM

I feel like the people suggesting the terrain is sufficient cover are playing fast and/or squat mechs. Try something tall and brawly, like say an ANH-2A or a KDK-SB and find a way to make yourself useful before getting poked to shreds by corner camping ERLLs in the majority of matches. I'll wait.

#45 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 March 2023 - 07:29 AM

There's also no definable "landmarks" in the map so everything looks the same from every angle. It's got potential but needs some work.

#46 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 08:20 AM

View PostDakkalistic, on 24 March 2023 - 02:23 AM, said:

You must become The Purple

Posted Image

See, this is why I run in night vision on that map :P

#47 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 March 2023 - 11:50 AM

I like the new map
it will just take time for people to learn how to play it

#48 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 24 March 2023 - 01:28 PM

LRM's are not really an issue on this map (or any map really). Snipers though, the last few games ive had have seen a good chunk of my team huddled behind cover unable to advance because of enemy snipers sitting at 1200+ waiting to pick us off, or both teams brawlers huddled on either side of a hill, able to see each other with UAV's and seismic but unable to push because the other teams snipers were just waiting to farm them.
On that note, perchance was this another Cauldron influenced map?

#49 Grand Muff Diver

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThese are not the Tryhards you are looking for..

Posted 24 March 2023 - 01:39 PM

There are plenty of routes with cover or limited exposure between cover to get around the hard cover humpers. But none of it is near where you want to go so to flank and not get shot to pieces means having a mobile mech and taking a longer route. Not super fast just not assault slow. This is really a very anti nascar map and I thought people would be happier. Explore the map in test mode and you will find you can move an assault around easily(but not quickly) to any part of the map you want without taking undue fire.

#50 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:23 PM

Its yet another sniper bowl map. Make a different map please.

#51 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:28 PM

View PostGrand Moff Token, on 24 March 2023 - 01:39 PM, said:

This is really a very anti nascar map and I thought people would be happier.

Lots of people always complain about Nascar.. and then Canyon and Hibernal rift are the two most popular maps. Since they basically always become nascar in pug games, i feel like a lot of people actually like the nascar effect, whether they know it or not... or those maps wouldnt be so popular.

You're always going to have people trying for angles due to the nature of the combat in this game, and that naturally leads to rotation - the only way it stops (outside of organised teams) is when there is overwatch fire (or at least the potential of it) preventing it. For example, i think the main reason Emerald doesn't often suffer from Nascar is the sniper ridges.. and those are the features people complain about on maps.

#52 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:42 PM

This is a bad map.

#53 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:45 PM

I like the map, but some extra cover would be good, Perhaps some stone buildings?

#54 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:53 PM

Most of the matches I've had on it have had very little functional sniper play because the one that held back to try that got ganked by the lights and fast mediums straight off.

And then the rest of the team deathballed at the very bottom of a hill while the rest of us in more nimble mediums and heavies kited around the upper side chewing off their armor.

Really it's just a matter of time and plays until more people begin to realize that mobility is great there and that you don't need to be at the bottom of a hill for cover (which is weird because so many seem to claim how awesome poptarting is).

#55 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 04:01 PM

hmm the map has been, READ by a 12 year old, in game i am, the guy THAT ask SOME ONE LEAD -- he did -- its only from 1 side but its worked,

HE is starting his time as a pilot, and career ---- i am at the end of mine, many folks get all MOODY , stop IT.
i try to lead-- i try to find leaders ,,, i try to TEACH .

SAWK CLANNER
PS his plan had some short range SRM working -- 3 times he had the PLAN need more 12 year olds :)

#56 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 04:11 PM

Why you talk like Yoda?

You like the map or dont?

#57 CT Sparty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 117 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec, CA

Posted 25 March 2023 - 04:07 AM

View PostKotis77, on 24 March 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

Why you talk like Yoda?
You like the map or dont?

DO NOT

not at all

View Postmytilus edulis, on 23 March 2023 - 05:11 PM, said:

There's something about the combination of the saturation, lighting, and 15 fps that give me pretty bad migraines and nausea when playing it. It's kind of a bummer because it's an interesting map.

the guy has a point here

I got cataracts surgery awhile ago, which greatly enhanced my *seeing colors* ... but this map's too much, even at 75FPS
I too suffer nausea and severe eye ache when it pops up, no other way than thermal for me to play it until it's fixed
if it's ever fixed

no hardware issue.. it's the map
Posted Image

#58 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 06:52 AM

View PostSawk, on 24 March 2023 - 04:01 PM, said:

3 times he had the PLAN need more 12 year olds Posted Image

wat

#59 CommonParadox

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2023 - 10:15 AM

Whoever made this map is very bad at their job. Do not let them make more. If you're not an LRM boat or a sniper, you're nearly complete dead weight on this map. Doubly so if you're a heavy mech or above. To make matters worse, it seems like this map is forced into the map selection EVERY SINGLE DROP and, naturally, it gets voted on by anyone with a 1,000+ meter range and curious people so it seems like every other mission is this crappy purple aberration. I'm seriously tempted to call the bank and get a charge back on the Platinum Pack I just bought.

#60 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 25 March 2023 - 12:09 PM

View PostCommonParadox, on 25 March 2023 - 10:15 AM, said:

If you're not an LRM boat or a sniper, you're nearly complete dead weight on this map.

What do you consider to be a 'Sniper' ?

Because i have a feeling you mean "Has longer range than SRMs and AC20s", since mid range works absolutely fine on this map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users