316 replies to this topic

#141 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 06:06 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 17 April 2023 - 10:52 PM, said:

So, a bad map became even worse? Nice...

The rest? Seems fair at first but we shall see in-game how well the changes works or fails... As always.

+ the new Marauder 2c seems promising. But why always ballistics? Why not a ER-PPC boat (with no-ghost heat quirks or something) considering the original design's energy-based loadout?

Just get the Kaiju and equip it with 3xerppc and 2xlight gauss

Thank me later

#142 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 903 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 April 2023 - 06:57 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 18 April 2023 - 06:06 AM, said:

Thank me later

Just get the Kaiju and equip it with 3x cER-PPC and 2x cGauss (yes, yes, yes!!! Make it happen as a Legendary!)

I fixed it for ya :)

#143 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 18 April 2023 - 07:38 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 16 April 2023 - 06:28 PM, said:

As much as I take advantage of Ghost Heat exception quirks, I'm starting to think that those limits were imposed specifically with some of those 'mechs in mind, even though they are the stock builds, and granting them exceptions is just pushing power creep too far. I'm thinking of Awesomes with 3x Heavy PPCs, King Crabs with 2x AC/20, 3x SNPPC, any Clan 'mech with 2x UAC/20 (although the jam on those is such that I'm not too afraid of them so long as I don't get surprised by one at less than 100 meters). The exceptions for lasers and Gauss/PPC, in particular, feel like they're getting a little out of control.

These quirks are on mechs with serious issues with hardpoint placement and hitboxes which would otherwise mean they are just unused - the Awesome (for example) is absurdly wide and has very low mounted weapons, likewise the King Crabs AC20s are in different postcodes, lol. The PPC HSL quirks are fun, and it does lead me to use those mechs sometimes, but they arent top performers because, at the end of the day, hardpoint placement and hitboxes are more important than quirks.

As far Laser HSL quirks go, literally none of my top performing laser mechs have any, because hardpoint placement is even more important for laser peekers. EG: a Blood Asp with 6ERLL is a far better ERLL mech than a Supernova with 6 ERLL, because high mounts and ECM outweigh being able to fire 3 at a time from knuckle dragging arms, by a large margin in my opinion. A SunSpider with 4 LPL is much better than a RFL-IIC with 4 LPL, even though the RFL can fire all 4 at once, because that engine cap (which is why the quirk exists) ruins the Rifleman and the Spider had amazing mounts (and ECM)

#144 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2023 - 10:02 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 14 April 2023 - 05:40 PM, said:

Drop Deck nice feature it solves my problem.

You think sniping and lrms are a problem now? Just wait..

View PostClumsyBunny, on 14 April 2023 - 05:59 PM, said:

Yeah, same thing on the LBX quirk, +25% spread on the LBX. Are these intentional to make the weapons worse? Or is this an error? Or maybe unique quirks? Posted Image

Also, Caudron men, I'm interested in hearning why the Wolfhounds are getting nerfed, were they that overperforming?

Indeed, the only time I see a wlf on the field is when I'm piloting it.

#145 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2023 - 10:17 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 14 April 2023 - 06:22 PM, said:

1. I don't want the game to be more strategic and complex. I want some easy, dumb, fast, fun QP to relax. If I wanted more I'd be playing FP or Comp.
2. I play the game by picking the mech I feel like playing. Map choice is secondary and not nearly as important as what mech I play. I'd probably just put the mech I want in the dropdeck and just play that.
3. If I feel like playing a mech that's a brawler, I am gonna pick that brawler and then if Alpine comes up that's what I'm gonna vote that because I love the map and then I embrace having to find a way to make the brawler work and that is actually fun for me.
4. I don't want people to pick the mechs specialized for the map. That is boring AF. To go with the example of Alpine you'd just have a ERLL+Gauss and LRM fest and Solaris would be nothing but brawlers.
5. drop deck also possibly means more than one drop. I can't stand having long matches and having to go through several mechs. That's why I don't touch EQ or FP.

Drop decks bring everything to MWO QP that I am glad died with MW4 or so far has stayed in EQ, FP and Comp.

AGREED! Drop decks have NO place in quickplay.This is dumbing down the game to it's lowest common denominator. Everyone will go snipe or lrm on long range maps.. It's also starting to needlessly complicate things in an already complicated game.. even though this may be seen as solving problems for some people, it will present just as many new ones. It's a hard no from me as well. Save drop decks for the event queue or Faction Warfare.

#146 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2023 - 10:21 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 14 April 2023 - 06:07 PM, said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For gods sake no they have already ruined Solo Que with group play now ruin whats left of faction play also? So lets see we have Faction play all but gone, Solaris ruined and gone, Scouting ruined and gone, 8v8 group play gone, What is left a combination of everything in Solo play? Totally wrong thinking PGI needs to go back and fix all the game modes not get rid of everything What will be left? a chopped up game no one wants to play.

Mic drop moment if ever there was one. Well said!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 18 April 2023 - 10:21 AM.

#147 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 18 April 2023 - 10:35 AM

Posted Image

ve uçan çimen hala orada.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 19 April 2023 - 06:09 PM.

#148 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,176 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 April 2023 - 10:57 AM

View PostMiriage, on 16 April 2023 - 12:02 AM, said:

Whats a "REAL Battletech-based game"?
Not MWO.

#149 Gakuseinozen

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 11:00 AM

Please revert the Fafnir hitbox changes; put them back the way they were before. Side torsos are now too fragile on this 'Mech, even with the added armor from this patch.

#150 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,176 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 April 2023 - 11:00 AM

View Postsycocys, on 15 April 2023 - 09:09 PM, said:

Well its a pvp online Mechwarrior (not Battletech) game that equally matches clan vs is and they should have balanced the tech out from the start.

It's actually more of a problem that the tabletop enthusiasts can't concede that this is not a table top iteration - but also pretty interesting that the same tabletop "canon" only types fight tooth and nail that they keep their dual guass and ppc setups which are 100% not functional in canon. 1 guass and a couple medium lasers wouldn't even work without basically restarting your targeting system and completely de-syncing your fire.

I bet canon has some rules for running hot (especially in override) and how that would cook your cooling capacity and all of your computer systems. "Remember to override"

How about free strikes that don't require a piece of equipment to lob out your smoke marker?

"Skills" for your mech that have zero compensation for making your weapons shoot further, pack more ammo, recycle faster, more amor/structure that magically appears for no tonnage cost, speed boosts, mystic anti-targeting computer buffs?

Bet all of that slide right into the tabletop game smooth as butter.
No clan and IS were NEVER meant to be equal 1to1 that was done via something called Battle Value or BV

Edited by KursedVixen, 18 April 2023 - 11:01 AM.

#151 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 11:20 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 18 April 2023 - 06:06 AM, said:

Thank me later

View PostDuke Falcon, on 18 April 2023 - 06:57 AM, said:

Just get the Kaiju and equip it with 3x cER-PPC and 2x cGauss (yes, yes, yes!!! Make it happen as a Legendary!)

I fixed it for ya Posted Image

My Kaiju has the following IIRC :
- 6 x Current ML or MPL from the time when they actually meant something!
- 2 x AC/2
- 2 x Some kind of MRM

So when you go 3 x ER PPC then you will have to choose which arm gets 1 and which arm gets 2 of them and they are also mounted VERY LOW compared to the Torso weapons = Silly mech! Posted Image

If you want to do that right then you need one of the variants that have 3 x Energy slots in the Torso and mounted HIGH on the mech, but then you also want those Gauss Rifles to be there up HIGH too so I guess that means a complete redesign and A NEW Legendary Mech! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 18 April 2023 - 11:21 AM.

#152 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 11:22 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 18 April 2023 - 11:09 AM, said:

Good game to you all
Posted Image
Posted Image

The majority of your MWO stuff is hosted on the PGI's server, so you can return in a few months and check the shape of the game.

#153 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2023 - 12:40 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 14 April 2023 - 06:45 PM, said:

Hope we can choose the machine we want.
I don't want to travel on a small map with sniper weapons.
this completely disables me.

or light mechs are bad on a big map.

Light mechs are AMAZING on big maps. You have speed.. and have to pick out the stragglers. Even more amazing in pairs.

#154 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2023 - 01:06 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 14 April 2023 - 07:12 PM, said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt I don't understand why you don't just fix the game modes you already have in the game? Faction Play could be fixed by more faction rewards C-bills and a bracket system to balance team game play and Faction events. Solaris could be fixed by making it light Vs light,medium Vs medium, Heavy Vs Heavy, Assault Vs assault, And a round robin mode any mech goes for a championship mode? Scouting mode same but more rewards, and a 8v8 team only mode, and put solo quick play back to the way it was originally intended to be just fun fast 12v12 solo players having fun? Rather than adding everything into solo quick play?

Yes to everything except solo dropping into quick-play. This is a team based game.. making the main game mode strictly solo would be shooting yourself in the foot. We should not kill half the fun of the game just to cater to weekend warriors.

View PostDucPilot, on 14 April 2023 - 07:20 PM, said:

Agreed, QP should be simple and not require multiple drops like FP or Comp. However, I do believe that many would like to pick what mech to play based on what map was voted on. If that means long range mechs on Alpine, or all brawlers on Solaris, so be it. No one should stop you (as you pointed out) from choosing what mech YOU want to play. It's just that time and time again team balance is ruined because one team happened to have more players with the appropriate mech (by pure chance) for the chosen map than the other team. Being able to choose what mech you want to bring AFTER the map has been voted on removes the not having the right mech for the map excuse. Anyways, that is my two cents. Feel free to disagree, but lets at least be constructive so that PGI can make the best decision.

You will never achieve perfect balance bec there are too many variables that go into each and every match. Allowing players to choose the mech based on map with drastically change the dynamics of each match and will introduce new problems. Map voting should also be eliminated imo.

#155 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2023 - 03:02 PM

Posted ImageKingCobra, on 14 April 2023 - 09:12 PM, said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt I don't understand why you don't just fix the game modes you already have in the game? Faction Play could be fixed by more faction rewards C-bills and a bracket system to balance team game play and Faction events. Solaris could be fixed by making it light Vs light,medium Vs medium, Heavy Vs Heavy, Assault Vs assault, And a round robin mode any mech goes for a championship mode? Scouting mode same but more rewards, and a 8v8 team only mode, and put solo quick play back to the way it was originally intended to be just fun fast 12v12 solo players having fun? Rather than adding everything into solo quick play?

(DAED SAID)Yes to everything except solo dropping into quick-play. This is a team based game.. making the main game mode strictly solo would be shooting yourself in the foot. We should not kill half the fun of the game just to cater to weekend warriors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL, I have probably been playing TT-MechWarrior before you have been in diapers, but I started MWO playing (Solo Quick Play) understand the title? it means 24 SOLO PLAYERS going at it 12v12 no extra 4 man groups just pure fun there was a lot less 12-1 ETC lopsided games because 4 man teams did not apply and ruin the balance. Plus we had faction play scouting 8v8 teams ,Comp to handle all the team entertainment. now it's just garbage with all the game modes mixed into a half arse game mode that reminds me of a BAD e_sport EXPERIANCE I NEVER WANTED TO PLAY AND IM SURE MANY WOULD AGREE MWO is going in the wrong direction once again. Plus all those game modes are already scripted into MWO to bring back for players to enjoy with a little work Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(DucPilot said) [color=#959595] Map voting should also be eliminated imo.[/color]

[color=#959595]Any yes Duc I totally agree Map voting has been one of the worst things ever done to MWO reducing map play to 4-6 maps a night when we could have left it alone using random map selection and played all the maps every night.[/color]

Edited by KingCobra, 18 April 2023 - 03:51 PM.

#156 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 April 2023 - 05:09 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 18 April 2023 - 03:02 PM, said:

Posted ImageKingCobra, on 14 April 2023 - 09:12 PM, said:

(DAED SAID)Yes to everything except solo dropping into quick-play. This is a team based game.. making the main game mode strictly solo would be shooting yourself in the foot. We should not kill half the fun of the game just to cater to weekend warriors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL, I have probably been playing TT-MechWarrior before you have been in diapers, but I started MWO playing (Solo Quick Play) understand the title? it means 24 SOLO PLAYERS going at it 12v12 no extra 4 man groups just pure fun there was a lot less 12-1 ETC lopsided games because 4 man teams did not apply and ruin the balance. Plus we had faction play scouting 8v8 teams ,Comp to handle all the team entertainment. now it's just garbage with all the game modes mixed into a half arse game mode that reminds me of a BAD e_sport EXPERIANCE I NEVER WANTED TO PLAY AND IM SURE MANY WOULD AGREE MWO is going in the wrong direction once again. Plus all those game modes are already scripted into MWO to bring back for players to enjoy with a little work Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've been a part of the MWO community for this long then you know we've had this debate before. Back when the game had separate queues for solo and groups, the game was on its last legs. Queue times were not viable in group queue and player activity levels were at an all time low. There wasn't even Scouting or Solaris modes either, to dilute the queues. When they combined the solo and group to create the new 'soup queue' (I take full credit for that term), it brought the game back to life. Players that had left the game came back.. and brought friends with them because they could now drop together.

There were ALWAYS stomps and in-balance in matches.. Blame MM, blame inadequate player numbers, blame the fact that sooo many variables go into every match that you can never fully balance a match.. stomps are nothing new and cannot be attributed to just mixing of the queues.

Until player base grows to a level that can sustain multiple queues, we can't afford to restrict QP to just solo droppers. Doing so would be going in the WRONG direction and it would be a smack in the face to the units that make up the hardcore base of the players and the players that enjoy dropping with friends.

TL:DR In a perfect world we would have separate queues.. but until our player base grows, it's simply not viable to do what you suggest. Numbers have been growing, but personally, I don't see it being anywhere near where we need it to be.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 18 April 2023 - 05:18 PM.

#157 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 05:48 PM

I hope one of the developers reads our messages.
I want to say something about the introduction of drop decks in a quick play.
If you intend to allow players to deploy multiple times in a single battle, you should remove groups from quick play at the time of the introduction of this innovation.
I have repeatedly witnessed how ordinary players simply left the match even at the stage of loading the battle. When teams information is loaded and regular players see that they have a group of strong players playing against them, and their team does not have enough strong players, they simply leave the match. Or they just commit suicide by overheating their mech, or by leaving the map borders (out of bounds), or going straight for the enemy without firing a single shot (or firing a couple of shots just to avoid getting banned for suicide and assisting the enemy). And although I condemn these people, I understand why they do it.
And such incidents, with the introduction of the ability to repeatedly drop in one battle, will occur more and more often. You PGI may not be aware of this, but common players don't really enjoy being fodder for a group of strong players who jump into a quick play to satisfy their sadistic lust. Few people enjoy being beaten for half an hour in four mechs in a row.

P.S. I will also support people who remind PGI that a quick play is a quick play. This is an opportunity for a player to drop in and play a quick and short match. Not all players have the opportunity (and desire) to play the one match for 30 minutes without a break.

#158 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2023 - 07:06 PM

Not to be a downer but Osiris need a lot more armor to be a competitive light..

#159 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 05:56 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 18 April 2023 - 05:09 PM, said:

There were ALWAYS stomps and in-balance in matches.. Blame MM, blame inadequate player numbers, blame the fact that sooo many variables go into every match that you can never fully balance a match.. stomps are nothing new and cannot be attributed to just mixing of the queues.

I blame the amount of players simply running around in DERP Cannon Fodder mechs without any intention to improve their skills! Posted Image

I don't mind losing, but losing game after game at anything less than 9-12 or 8-12 is nothing else than being in a useless team that has no clue what they are doing!

Until player base grows to a level that can sustain multiple queues

I don't see that happening to be honest :
- This game is for those who simply like the whole MechWarrior and Battletech stuff.
- Or like me use to watch that silly cartoon about them Posted Image
- And don't mind playing a very old game by now with no fancy shmancy HDR stuff and what not...

We can't afford to restrict QP to just solo droppers.
Doing so would be going in the WRONG direction and it would be a smack in the face to the units that make up the hardcore base of the players and the players that enjoy dropping with friends.

Old players bringing friends doesn't make those friends the hardcore base too immediately ?!

TL:DR In a perfect world we would have separate queues.. but until our player base grows, it's simply not viable to do what you suggest. Numbers have been growing, but personally, I don't see it being anywhere near where we need it to be.

And it's not gonna happen either unless we suddenly get something like MWO2 or some kind of other "spark" to get this genre in the headlines everywhere on the internet! Posted Image

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 April 2023 - 05:48 PM, said:

I have repeatedly witnessed how ordinary players simply left the match even at the stage of loading the battle.
When teams information is loaded and regular players see that they have a group of strong players playing against them, and their team does not have enough strong players, they simply leave the match.

In such cases I still think that there should be an option to take over their mech and fight with it! Posted Image

Or they just commit suicide by overheating their mech, or by leaving the map borders (out of bounds), or going straight for the enemy without firing a single shot (or firing a couple of shots just to avoid getting banned for suicide and assisting the enemy).
And although I condemn these people, I understand why they do it.

But I still think that they should be banned for at least 1 month !!
Or maybe block the mech they used for 1 month ?

You PGI may not be aware of this, but common players don't really enjoy being fodder for a group of strong players who jump into a quick play to satisfy their sadistic lust.
Few people enjoy being beaten for half an hour in four mechs in a row.

Maybe they should try to get better and learn from those players instead of just playing the Calimero game : Cry, cry, cry and yell "But they are bigger than me! That's not fair!" Posted ImagePosted Image

P.S. I will also support people who remind PGI that a quick play is a quick play. This is an opportunity for a player to drop in and play a quick and short match. Not all players have the opportunity (and desire) to play the one match for 30 minutes without a break.

That I fully agree with! Posted Image

#160 SniperFury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2023 - 08:16 AM

So was one of the unmarked changes the elimination of the save mech loadout bug? Because normally to save the loadout I would have to click import then save but I no longer have to do that.

Thumbs up if you did!

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users