#182 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 03 June 2023 - 12:42 AM

View PostKaiju-Killer, on 02 June 2023 - 05:32 PM, said:

I've been meaning to ask, what is a HAG? I've seen it all over Mechwarrior stuff but I never got what the abbreviation stood for.

It's basically a Gauss Rifle/LBX combo.

#183 Kaiju-Killer

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOn my way to the top

Posted 03 June 2023 - 02:51 PM

Ahh thanks. Always confused me.

Sidenote that does sound like a good weapon to add, especially with the Stone Rhino being added.

#184 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 04 June 2023 - 10:23 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 May 2023 - 09:26 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors! We are thrilled to announce the long-awaited pre-order for the next brand new 'Mech chassis to MWO, the unstoppable Stone Rhino. This 'Mech is the single-most requested Clan 'Mech by the community, and embodies raw power and intimidation. A formidable 100-ton Clan war machine, the Stone Rhino boasts an abundance of impenetrable armor, and a weapons loadout that will make your enemies tremble in fear. Prepare to stomp your way onto the battlefield and unleash devastation upon your foes. Secure your pre-order today, and become a force to be reckoned with in MechWarrior Online!

This may have been answered already; however, I want to confirm: The Ultimate Pack is exactly the same as buying each of those packs separately, correct? So, I would get 8.7 million C-Bills, 7 Warhorns, etc...?

Also, why isn't there a small discount ($5 or $7) if you buy the Ultimate? I would think PGI would want to entice people to the Ultimate, versus the standard packs.

#185 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 02:07 AM

View PostW A R L O R D, on 04 June 2023 - 10:23 AM, said:

This may have been answered already; however, I want to confirm: The Ultimate Pack is exactly the same as buying each of those packs separately, correct? So, I would get 8.7 million C-Bills, 7 Warhorns, etc...?

Also, why isn't there a small discount ($5 or $7) if you buy the Ultimate? I would think PGI would want to entice people to the Ultimate, versus the standard packs.

1/ Yes, the ultimate pack is just like if you purchased all packs/upgrades individually.

2/ Lost cause, it's been 10 years we're asking for a discount on ultimate packs... Posted Image

Edited by epikt, 05 June 2023 - 02:07 AM.

#186 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 June 2023 - 07:06 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 30 May 2023 - 03:31 AM, said:

You can already do significantly more dangerous GaussVomit combos than that on a fairly large number of mechs (Dire, MadCat MKII, Blood Asp, etc) and will be able to on the Rhino for that matter.

Gauss + PPC is specifically nerfed because its all front loaded, lasers dont have the same restriction because you can twist the damage.

The elite comp people like to claim that, but it's not always true. The ability to "twist off lasers" is very often dependent on your ping, and whether you realize you're being shot in the first place. More often, you have to be twisting already, in order to spread anything, because by the time you're given any sort of laser alert, your component has already been destroyed, and Host State Rewind is just catching you up to something that already happened.

#187 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 16 June 2023 - 07:19 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 11 June 2023 - 07:06 AM, said:

The elite comp people like to claim that, but it's not always true. The ability to "twist off lasers" is very often dependent on your ping, and whether you realize you're being shot in the first place. More often, you have to be twisting already, in order to spread anything, because by the time you're given any sort of laser alert, your component has already been destroyed, and Host State Rewind is just catching you up to something that already happened.

Noticing you're being shot and reacting is a skill.

Its not one im great at, i definitely know the pain of taking laser fire from outside my field of view and not noticing... but thats on me. The issue is that its not possible to spread PPFLD. I dont support dumbing the game down so people who are worse at it are not penalized (even if that dumbing down would help me)

Its not HSR getting you, its the fact that Pulse lasers (and maybe Heavy lasers, i need to test) have a very hard to hear audio cue. Speaking for myself, i tend to visually tunnel vision a fair bit and therefore miss the visual notifiers (paperdoll flashing etc), so if the fire is coming from outside my FoV i often dont notice until betty ******* about critcal damage.

I see that from my targets, too. You can often just saw off a ST from a MAD by shooting it in the butt with LPLs from the side - but if its ERMLs + LPLs they notice on the first alpha, because ERs have a much easier to notice audio cue.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 16 June 2023 - 07:21 AM.

#188 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 June 2023 - 06:46 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 16 June 2023 - 07:19 AM, said:

Noticing you're being shot and reacting is a skill.

Its not one im great at, i definitely know the pain of taking laser fire from outside my field of view and not noticing... but thats on me. The issue is that its not possible to spread PPFLD. I dont support dumbing the game down so people who are worse at it are not penalized (even if that dumbing down would help me)

Its not HSR getting you, its the fact that Pulse lasers (and maybe Heavy lasers, i need to test) have a very hard to hear audio cue. Speaking for myself, i tend to visually tunnel vision a fair bit and therefore miss the visual notifiers (paperdoll flashing etc), so if the fire is coming from outside my FoV i often dont notice until betty ******* about critcal damage.

I see that from my targets, too. You can often just saw off a ST from a MAD by shooting it in the butt with LPLs from the side - but if its ERMLs + LPLs they notice on the first alpha, because ERs have a much easier to notice audio cue.

So I've complained about that in the past before, too, but I've managed to catch video of it (now lost in the mountain of video I've recorded over the years) so I've been able to rewatch the same thing without the tunnel vision hindrance, and actually take note of what cues are and aren't present, and in a few cases, the laser audio cue actually doesn't play at ALL. It's not that it's hard to hear, it's that it didn't trigger in the first place, because it's a duration effect, that plays while you're being lased, vs the PPFLD audio cues just play when you get hit, so if the laser damage occurs before your computer can catch up to the fact that you're being shot, it won't play the audio, because you're not "being" shot, you "were" shot, and there's no audio for lasers for that. Everything else just plays after the fact. So it is possible to be standing there, taking laser damage, and not get any cue at all until your paper doll updates, which often involves the component going from "there" to "gone". This is why I said that, in order to consistently and effectively twist off laser damage, you have to be preemptively twisting, because if you're waiting to be alerted and react, you often won't be alerted in time to do anything about it.

#189 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 June 2023 - 02:06 AM

View PostAyKu, on 08 May 2023 - 09:56 AM, said:

I love models with weapons positioned higher up. All assault mechs have their weapons positioned below. Having weapons positioned higher up from the provides a significant advantage. Please add it to the Steam package.

Depends if the weapon is part of the side torso hit box, or not. Marauder 2 I'm looking at you..

#190 Kaiju-Killer

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 12:56 PM

this is gonna be a more terrifying version of the quad-gauss kodiak build, and I can't wait to see what sorts of garbage people are gonna make of this with the newer "long range meta". quad gauss, large lasers, etc. (also a little afraid it's gonna turn out to be another rancor-in-the-making where you can just stick an absurd amount of missiles and just lurmboat people to death from the other side of the map) feels kinda annoying to get into a match and immediately get 8 large lasers traced on you with the dire wolf build people are running, or get pelted with ER PPCs. what ever happened to the good old fashioned brawling? or maybe it's just me and I'm not caught up on everything :P.

View PostKaiju-Killer, on 09 July 2023 - 12:55 PM, said:

this is gonna be a more terrifying version of the quad-gauss kodiak build, and I can't wait to see what sorts of garbage people are gonna make of this with the newer "long range meta". quad gauss, large lasers, etc. (also a little afraid it's gonna turn out to be another rancor-in-the-making where you can just stick an absurd amount of missiles and just lurmboat people to death from the other side of the map) feels kinda annoying to get into a match and immediately get 8 large lasers traced on you with the dire wolf build people are running, or get pelted with ER PPCs. what ever happened to the good old fashioned brawling? or maybe it's just me and I'm not caught up on everything Posted Image.

sorry for the text chunk BTW lol

#191 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 July 2023 - 01:44 AM

Repeated request:

The STR-1 should have a 400 engine cap so that those of us wishing to recreate all the stock builds can reproduce the STR-5. The hardpoints are already there. All that's missing is the engine. I'm quite certain that one wasn't picked for the lineup because its hardpoints are significantly similar to the -1, and it would mostly just be a repeat, which is fine, but in that case the -1 needs to be able to mount an XL 400 engine to recreate the -5.

Thank you!

#192 Kinaki

• Pip
  • Kavellrist
  • Kavellrist
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 02:26 AM

steam pls

Edited by Kinaki, 20 July 2023 - 02:26 AM.

#193 Kaiju-Killer

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 04:20 PM

The Stone Rhino is kinda unbalanced, Anyone else been in the situation where you have full armor and then a Stone Rhino or 2 or 3 or the infinite amount of them that pop up every match just absolutely destroy you? The alpha strike dmg that thing can pour out is terrifying. It should get some nerf that makes it a little harder for them to get kills instead of just bodying an entire team with 4 LB20s and whatnot. I've been playing all day and the Stone Rhino just makes the game less fun, usually it's just whichever team has more Stone Rhinos wins.

#194 jadef1

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 August 2023 - 07:47 PM

I wish it would r be so expensive, at $40 I'll never get it

#195 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 06:23 PM

Is anyone else experiencing problems with putting decals on the Stone Rhino? They don't seem to place correctly and jump here and there over the mech instead of going where I place them.

#196 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 01:28 PM

I thought this mech was going to be huge like some type of "Artillery Mech" so to speak, but it's really small compared to some of the large Assault mechs ?!

Bummer... :(

#197 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 09:24 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 18 December 2023 - 01:28 PM, said:

I thought this mech was going to be huge like some type of "Artillery Mech" so to speak, but it's really small compared to some of the large Assault mechs ?!

Bummer... Posted Image
It is a chicken walker type of 'Mech, so it seems smaller in comparison with some tall humanoid 'Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users