Patch Notes - 1.4.278.0 - 23-May-2023

317 replies to this topic

#281 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 03:42 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 03:36 PM, said:

If I had entered this map with an SRM or medium-range machine, I could have responded.

You're tying my hands and feet, what am I supposed to do?

being a defeatist about it won't really help at all

you could go to Testing Grounds and look at Viridian there and imagine where the enemies where and where would be best to be in that situation

#282 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 03:52 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 31 May 2023 - 03:35 PM, said:

In the absence of any other information there are spots in F4 that might be good to snipe at the enemy rotation from assuming your teammates have that assault in back under control and you have JJs but I'm not an expert

Maybe help kill that assault (he looks like he's out of position really badly down in low ground and is paying for that) so you don't have to worry about him and those teammates can go receive the enemy rotation

Do you want details? Well, let me elaborate a bit.

Posted Image

The triangles represent the enemy's firing angles.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 31 May 2023 - 03:55 PM.

#283 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 04:00 PM

I could have waited alone in the back. I could have not moved at all. But then the approaching light mech would have killed me. I had already thought about that.

#284 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 05:20 PM

Your issues are several, including having a defeatist attitude instead of adjusting to the circumstances. And if the reds have a line of fire to you at range then you would also have a line of fire. Decision is to wait for them to appear to return that fire, move while keeping their next/current location in sight waiting for them to pop back up and return fire, and possibly announce their location for the little ones who like to hunt them out :)

Suggestion, do you have zoom setup on your mouse wheel? Use it to zoom into the target, this will include advanced zoom instead of hitting that instance advanced Zoom hotkey, it will help reduce lack of situational awareness issues. And pay more attention to your minimap. In several of your videos, you were either too focused on the long range targets that showed up with a teammate targeting them but blocked by obstacles while ignoring the reds that were popping up nearer to you, and a few they had their back to you. You eventually took notice but that is what is called situational awareness, and they could have been taken out sooner, reducing the damage they were doing to your teammates. And win/lose, also hit the tab showing how you did vs everyone else, both the reds and your own team.

And just fyi, I am approaching 60yrs, so I am not a spring chicken :)

#285 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 06:26 PM

View PostHalf Ear, on 31 May 2023 - 05:20 PM, said:

Your issues are several, including having a defeatist attitude instead of adjusting to the circumstances. And if the reds have a line of fire to you at range then you would also have a line of fire. Decision is to wait for them to appear to return that fire, move while keeping their next/current location in sight waiting for them to pop back up and return fire, and possibly announce their location for the little ones who like to hunt them out Posted Image

Suggestion, do you have zoom setup on your mouse wheel? Use it to zoom into the target, this will include advanced zoom instead of hitting that instance advanced Zoom hotkey, it will help reduce lack of situational awareness issues. And pay more attention to your minimap. In several of your videos, you were either too focused on the long range targets that showed up with a teammate targeting them but blocked by obstacles while ignoring the reds that were popping up nearer to you, and a few they had their back to you. You eventually took notice but that is what is called situational awareness, and they could have been taken out sooner, reducing the damage they were doing to your teammates. And win/lose, also hit the tab showing how you did vs everyone else, both the reds and your own team.

And just fyi, I am approaching 60yrs, so I am not a spring chicken Posted Image

Just to let you know, Half Ear, regardless of your age, it doesn't give you the right to insult others. Being polite doesn't change the fact that you insulted someone. I'm 33 years old, and I'm someone who plays much games, develops strategies . You may call me a troublemaker, but I call myself a complainant. I already press the advanced zoom quickly enough if the skill is active on the machine I'm using. If it's not active, there's no point in pressing it. Right now, my purpose here is to voice my complaint, express what bothers me, and draw attention to a significant flaw in the game.

I am not in favor of insulting anyone Posted Image

I am aware of the strategies of fast and coordinated attacks, as well as teamwork. I utilize them, but not in every match. I don't know what mindset I have when entering a particular match. I am not complaining about my performance. Whether I win or lose doesn't matter much to me. What matters to me is a fair battle. Can you understand? Whether I win or lose, I want a fair fight. When I enter a map, I want to be able to choose a machine based on the map.

You cannot fight someone who has a knife when you only have an arrow in your hand. You cannot shoot a distant archer with a knife in your hand.

You can't go bird hunting with a fishing line. You can't catch fish with a rifle.

Even if you don't want to see it, I am giving more examples.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 31 May 2023 - 06:41 PM.

#286 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 06:46 PM

You are the thousandth person with whom I am having this discussion on this forum. It doesn't matter if the thousand and first person comes, I will still express what I believe is right and point out what I perceive as missing.

#287 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 07:11 PM

I chose a sniper mech for 4 matches, and 4 matches were selected with small maps. I said that small maps are being selected.Then, I chose an MRM mech and a large map was selected. I'm reaching my limit of patience.

#288 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

Can you tell me how to explain it to you better?

What am I supposed to do on this map with short-range weapons? What can I do from this distance with two XAC20s? Can you tell me?

This is completely nonsense.

#289 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:19 PM

It's not a bad build. It's effective at close range and I've gotten many kills with it. However, it lacks value at long range.

#290 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:21 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 10:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

Can you tell me how to explain it to you better?

What am I supposed to do on this map with short-range weapons? What can I do from this distance with two XAC20s? Can you tell me?

Frozen City is pretty bad for brawlers in Assault or Domination but with Skirmish you usually end up fighting in the one side of the city and that's a bit less punishing. Literally just camp out behind a tall building. Why is Red Team down there? Whatever, they're being silly, and from the kill messages it looks like they're paying for it.

#291 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:25 PM

Here's a weaker build for you: 2x AC10

Now no one should come and say that the map is not important.

#292 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:45 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 11:25 PM, said:

Here's a weaker build for you: 2x AC10

Now no one should come and say that the map is not important.

At this point you're beating a dead horse I already gave a few solid whacks and the thread is being derailed

Some map/modes are **** and the vote system is stupid and needs to go, or swap decks need to be a thing, etc, blah blah

preaching to the choir

#293 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 31 May 2023 - 11:52 PM

My concern is nothing but mismatched machines and mismatched maps.

#294 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2023 - 11:20 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 03:36 PM, said:

If I had entered this map with an SRM or medium-range machine, I could have responded.
You're tying my hands and feet, what am I supposed to do?

The map/mode vote exists and you have a vote too. Don't use it willy-nilly, choose maps and modes that advantage you (and if none do, withhold your vote for that drop). Sometimes you get screwed by the combination, but it's something you can play around with map knowledge most of the time.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 03:20 PM, said:

On one side of the hill, there's our team and me, and on the other side, there are enemies. What can I do here with a sniper mech?

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 03:29 PM, said:

The first enemy I encounter strategically will kill me. I understand it when I see the map.
"Short-range" maps still have a number of viable sniper positions and long-range map still have viable cover. Learn where it is and use it to your advantage. In case of Viridian Bog, the 3-line and 7-line both contain several sniper perches long range combatants use frequently in T1 matches.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 10:58 PM, said:

Learning to not expose your mech to enemy fire more than necessary would be a good start, On your screenshot, you're staring at multiple opponents who are well outside of your optimal range and can fire at your mech with relative impunity - and you're way out in the open, eating incoming missiles the whole time.
What you should be doing is stick close to your team, conserve your armor and wait for the engagement to close into a range that's advantageous for you. You've failed to do two of these things, that's a skill issue you can improve on.

#295 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 11:45 AM

You can do these things. You can do those things. I already know what I can do. But I also know what I cannot do. I cannot kill a long-range enemy with a short-range weapon. This is the first time I am not participating in the map voting. This is not my first time playing this game. I am trying hard to refrain from insulting.

#296 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 11:50 AM

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 01 June 2023 - 12:48 PM.

#297 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 12:56 PM

My only complaint here is that I can't choose the machine I want when entering the map. Don't I know how to take an LRM mech, ELL sniper mech?

#298 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:00 PM

I build this machine to be used in small maps like Solaris City, not for engaging in long-range battles.

#299 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:00 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 11:40 AM, said:

People like this really frustrate you as much as those matches

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 11:50 AM, said:

As I said, you engage outside of your optimum range at 5:50 and 6:13. Then you fail to reposition when you're being engaged by enemy mechs at 7:00, instead backing away into an area where you're even more exposed, and continue standing still even as missiles turn you into a pincushion.

Dude, it's time to realize: your failures are a skill issue, one that you are capable of fixing. That you choose to deny that and insteadtry to paint it as the game being at fault is just poor attitude.

#300 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:08 PM

View PostHorseman, on 01 June 2023 - 01:00 PM, said:

As I said, you engage outside of your optimum range at 5:50 and 6:13. Then you fail to reposition when you're being engaged by enemy mechs at 7:00, instead backing away into an area where you're even more exposed, and continue standing still even as missiles turn you into a pincushion.

Dude, it's time to realize: your failures are a skill issue, one that you are capable of fixing. That you choose to deny that and insteadtry to paint it as the game being at fault is just poor attitude.

If I had been using a sniper when I entered the game, my position would have been completely different. You're telling me to retreat and wait. Don't you see the team's formation? Okay, let's say you don't see that. Can't you see the incoming enemy? My goal is to hold the entrance.

I'm not looking for a response regarding my tactics. I'm not mentioning whether I deal little or a lot of damage. I just want to enter these maps with suitable machines.

Winning or losing is my issue.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 01 June 2023 - 01:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users