Patch Notes - 1.4.278.0 - 23-May-2023

317 replies to this topic

#301 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:24 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 01:08 PM, said:

If I had been using a sniper when I entered the game, my position would have been completely different. You're telling me to retreat and wait. Don't you see the team's formation? Okay, let's say you don't see that. Can't you see the incoming enemy? My goal is to hold the entrance.

I'm not looking for a response regarding my tactics. I'm not mentioning whether I deal little or a lot of damage. I just want to enter these maps with suitable machines.

Winning or losing is my issue.

He's saying you have options in these situations but you're not using them well. Again, those tall buildings are your friend as a brawler, and yes you should hide behind them when you're getting hit by LRMs. You are making choices, you can make better ones, where the rest of your team is is the right place to be, not out in the open and outranged. You might not be shooting from behind a building but they're not shooting you either and dying out in the open is a worse choice than staying alive so you can get them later.

#302 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:30 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 01 June 2023 - 01:24 PM, said:

He's saying you have options in these situations but you're not using them well. Again, those tall buildings are your friend as a brawler, and yes you should hide behind them when you're getting hit by LRMs. You are making choices, you can make better ones, where the rest of your team is is the right place to be, not out in the open and outranged. You might not be shooting from behind a building but they're not shooting you either and dying out in the open is a worse choice than staying alive so you can get them later.

When LRMs and ELL-equipped mechs approached, they would easily hunt me down, and the situation wouldn't change. It was clear that they had a significant advantage. Without LRMs or ELLs, I was just a gatekeeper there. I knew I would die at the last moment and just surrendered myself.

#303 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:34 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 01:30 PM, said:

When LRMs and ELL-equipped mechs approached, they would easily hunt me down, and the situation wouldn't change. It was clear that they had a significant advantage. Without LRMs or ELLs, I was just a gatekeeper there. I knew I would die at the last moment and just surrendered myself.

Get near a friendly with ECM/AMS, if you can see a sniper you can use Target Spotted to flag him even without a targeting box, deny him a line of sight.

#304 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image

I'm right in the middle of the team. My teammates are attacking there. Should I retreat and wait?

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 01 June 2023 - 01:37 PM.

#305 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:37 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 01:08 PM, said:

If I had been using a sniper when I entered the game, my position would have been completely different.
Irrelevant. It's on you to recognize when and where to employ your mech to make the most of it. Impotent bleating about how the situation wasn't 100% to your advantage will not make PGI change the game to suit you personally.

Don't you see the team's formation?
I do, and that's my point. You maneuvered into a position where you were exposed to the fire of multiple enemies when at a major range disadvantage and you chose to stay there. That's on you.
As a brawler you should not have walked into that exposed position. The right position to take in that area was among the denser buildings deeper into E7 and towards F8.

Can't you see the incoming enemy? My goal is to hold the entrance.
Dead mechs hold nothing. Leaving a disadvantageous position to preserve your mech and continue contributing to your team is usually more important than costing the enemy the 2 seconds they took to kill you.
Likewise, you should not have tried to trade with enemies at beyond your effective range. That's entirely an issue with your tactical awareness.

I'm not looking for a response regarding my tactics. I'm not mentioning whether I deal little or a lot of damage. I just want to enter these maps with suitable machines.
Winning or losing is my issue.
Your tactics, the damage you deal and take and the way you utilize your mechs have a direct impact on whether you win or lose.
Learn some self-respect and start making better use of the pound of grey matter sloshing around in your skull. Just because things aren't 100% to your advantage does not make you powerless or unable to contribute.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 01:34 PM, said:

Should I retreat and wait while my teammates are attacking right in the middle of the team?
The position you were in was indefensible. You should have repositioned and engaged the enemy from a different direction, yes. You also should have trusted your team to be able to deal with two measly brawlers who themselves were out of position and exposed to most of your team's firepower.

Edited by Horseman, 01 June 2023 - 01:39 PM.

#306 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image

View PostHorseman, on 01 June 2023 - 01:37 PM, said:

Irrelevant. It's on you to recognize when and where to employ your mech to make the most of it. Impotent bleating about how the situation wasn't 100% to your advantage will not make PGI change the game to suit you personally.
I do, and that's my point. You maneuvered into a position where you were exposed to the fire of multiple enemies when at a major range disadvantage and you chose to stay there. That's on you.
As a brawler you should not have walked into that exposed position. The right position to take in that area was among the denser buildings deeper into E7 and towards F8.
Dead mechs hold nothing. Leaving a disadvantageous position to preserve your mech and continue contributing to your team is usually more important than costing the enemy the 2 seconds they took to kill you.
Likewise, you should not have tried to trade with enemies at beyond your effective range. That's entirely an issue with your tactical awareness.
Your tactics, the damage you deal and take and the way you utilize your mechs have a direct impact on whether you win or lose.
Learn some self-respect and start making better use of the pound of grey matter sloshing around in your skull. Just because things aren't 100% to your advantage does not make you powerless or unable to contribute.
The position you were in was indefensible. You should have repositioned and engaged the enemy from a different direction, yes. You also should have trusted your team to be able to deal with two measly brawlers who themselves were out of position and exposed to most of your team's firepower.

In the position you mentioned, who would I have found? My range doesn't reach the enemy at the location where I am. Whom would I find at the place you mentioned? Whom would I have attacked there? After my entire team died, what would be the point of attacking the remaining ones?

When I can choose the machine I want, won't everyone be able to do the same? Is this complaint only about me?

I will respond to insults with an appropriate reaction.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 01 June 2023 - 01:52 PM.

#307 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:56 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 01:40 PM, said:

When I can choose the machine I want, won't everyone be able to do the same?

If that happened - which it won't, for multiple reasons - your failures to use the environment would only be made worse when engaging opponents much better adapted to the map and their preferred engagement range.

Is this complaint only about me?
You are not the only person incapable of owning their failures and using them as learning points, no. That still doesn't mean the game should be expected to compensate for your fuckups.

Edited by Horseman, 01 June 2023 - 02:01 PM.

#308 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 01 June 2023 - 02:02 PM

View PostHorseman, on 01 June 2023 - 01:56 PM, said:

If that happened - which it won't, for multiple reasons - your failures to use the environment would only be made worse when engaging opponents much better adapted to the map and their preferred engagement range.
You are not the only person incapable of owning their failures and using them as learning points, no. That still doesn't mean the game should be expected to compensate for your fuckups.

Please keep your insults to yourself. I don't want to hear any more of your nonsense. I am trying to treat you like a human being and listen to you.

My mistake, you're right.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Horseman. View it anyway?

#309 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2023 - 02:04 PM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 01:41 PM, said:

In the position you mentioned, who would I have found?
You would be in position to respond to enemy mechs pushing into the area controlled by your team and you would NOT be getting cut to pieces by the enemy team with the impunity you allowed them in the recording.

After my entire team died, what would be the point of attacking the remaining ones?
Again, your team is capable of defending themselves from two piddly brawlers. You overvalue your importance in that situation - not that throwing away your mech the way you did has actually advantaged your team in any way in the first place.

I will respond to insults with an appropriate reaction.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 02:02 PM, said:

Please keep your insults to yourself. I don't want to hear any more of your nonsense. I am trying to treat you like a human being and listen to you.
No you're not.
This whole time you've been insulting your own ability to grow as a player.
You've been playing this game for a while now and according to the leaderboards you're performing above average. And you clearly can do better than that, if you focused on improving instead of complaining.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 02:02 PM, said:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Horseman. View it anyway?
Shrug. So?

PS.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 29 May 2023 - 09:58 AM, said:

I don't plan on playing without Drop Decks in QP. I haven't played since the update came out.

https://mwomercs.com...user=TAMTAMBABY
17 matches played since June 1st. Milord doth protest too much.

Edited by Horseman, 01 June 2023 - 02:19 PM.

#310 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:08 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 03:20 PM, said:

What can I do here with a sniper mech?

Don't be a camper would be a good start! Posted Image

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 31 May 2023 - 06:26 PM, said:

You cannot fight someone who has a knife when you only have an arrow in your hand. You cannot shoot a distant archer with a knife in your hand.

You can't go bird hunting with a fishing line. You can't catch fish with a rifle.

Actually some of those things would work out just fine : I have killed 22 players in a Battlefield 2 match before with just my knife !!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You just need patience and good situational awareness !!

(The challenge was 17 which was very difficult to achieve, but I got a little bit addicted... LOL! Posted Image )

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 01 June 2023 - 11:45 AM, said:

I cannot kill a long-range enemy with a short-range weapon.

Sure you can! Just sneak up on him!

SRM SPAM FTW!!! Posted Image

I am trying hard to refrain from insulting.

Stop talking about insults! Not one person here is insulting anyone! Posted Image

#311 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:17 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 15 June 2023 - 05:08 AM, said:

Don't be a camper would be a good start! Posted Image

Actually some of those things would work out just fine : I have killed 22 players in a Battlefield 2 match before with just my knife !!! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You just need patience and good situational awareness !!

(The challenge was 17 which was very difficult to achieve, but I got a little bit addicted... LOL! Posted Image )

Sure you can! Just sneak up on him!

SRM SPAM FTW!!! Posted Image

Stop talking about insults! Not one person here is insulting anyone! Posted Image

I mean I was insulted enough by his defeatist pooh-poohing of literally every single bit of advice given

#312 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 05:36 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 15 June 2023 - 05:17 AM, said:

I mean I was insulted enough by his defeatist pooh-poohing of literally every single bit of advice given

LOL! TRUE! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#313 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 15 June 2023 - 06:12 AM

I think as a group, you should stop criticizing people. I am expressing my complaint. I am stating what I find lacking in the game. You may be satisfied, but I am not.

but it doesn't seem fair to me.

There is no need for all of you to attack me just because I expressed my complaint here. I'm not here to argue.

It may be pleasing to the other people here, but I don't like flies.

Posted Image

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 15 June 2023 - 06:23 AM.

#314 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 06:51 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 15 June 2023 - 06:12 AM, said:

I think as a group, you should stop criticizing people. I am expressing my complaint. I am stating what I find lacking in the game. You may be satisfied, but I am not.

There is no need for all of you to attack me just because I expressed my complaint here. I'm not here to argue.

We weren't attacking you before but a lot of us are really sick of your whiny baby act

Posted Image
Don't ***** about "I can't" when you block out the people who tell you exactly how you can

Nut up or shut up, seriously, you're making mistakes even I can spot, that's how egregious they are

Edited by the check engine light, 15 June 2023 - 07:04 AM.

#315 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 15 June 2023 - 08:04 AM

I'll reiterate. My issue is with the system. It's not about my playstyle, I have no complaints about that.

Just because you use Weapon A, I'm not obliged to use Weapon A. Just because you equip Weapon B, I'm not obliged to use Weapon B.
Just because you're looking to the right, I'm not obligated to look to the right.

I simply believe that selecting weapons or mechs according to the map structure is necessary, and I stand by this idea. I have no other purpose for being here. How many times do I need to repeat it? How many times do I have to repeat it for some of you to understand?

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 15 June 2023 - 08:04 AM.

#316 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 15 June 2023 - 08:14 AM

You deceive yourself with simple suggestions. As long as you don't dry up the well, the flies will always be there.

I don't need workarounds while there is a way to fix the problem at its core. I already think about the things you think of.

I may play this game well or poorly, that's my ability. That's my limit. However, it is important for a game to have playability before anything else.

Why don't you play the game with one eye closed? You can do it. (I'm not writing this for you to give silly answers. I'm writing it for you to understand. What I'm trying to say is, why should I bother with the difficult when there's an easier option available? )

I don't need to be a master mechanic to drive a car. I don't need to have knowledge about the engine either. But when I sit in that seat, I should enjoy the ride.

I don't care about how you drive your car. As a customer, I'm expressing my complaint.

How you drive is your choice. I know my own preferences.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 15 June 2023 - 08:55 AM.

#317 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 15 June 2023 - 08:57 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 15 June 2023 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'll reiterate. My issue is with the system. It's not about my playstyle, I have no complaints about that.

Just because you use Weapon A, I'm not obliged to use Weapon A. Just because you equip Weapon B, I'm not obliged to use Weapon B.
Just because you're looking to the right, I'm not obligated to look to the right.

I simply believe that selecting weapons or mechs according to the map structure is necessary, and I stand by this idea. I have no other purpose for being here. How many times do I need to repeat it? How many times do I have to repeat it for some of you to understand?

You will not change the system

You CAN change your playstyle

Are you catching on yet or should I leave you to your pity party

#318 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 June 2023 - 11:02 AM

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 15 June 2023 - 06:12 AM, said:

Giving you constructive advice is not an attack.

View PostTAMTAMBABY, on 15 June 2023 - 08:14 AM, said:

I may play this game well or poorly, that's my ability. That's my limit.
That would fly when talking about purely mechanical skills - visual acuity, reaction speed, accuracy.
But not with learned knowledge such as responses to a tactical situation or map knowledge. You rationalize your mistakes rather than analyze them, this is not a question of skill but attitude.

I've been there myself, some years ago. Things changed when I stopped blaming the game and started asking myself what I could have done better. Mechanically, I'm a garbage player - it's learning the mechs, maps and mechanics that allows me to function anywhere close to adequate.

However, it is important for a game to have playability before anything else.
It does. You're mistaking playability with compensating for human error on your part, which simply will not happen.

What I'm trying to say is, why should I bother with the difficult when there's an easier option available? )
Because MWO is meant for PVP and PGI will not change the game for you, just as it did not for the dozens of people who had the same complaint over the years.
The easier option for you is actually not complaining here but switching to PGI's PVE product: Mechwarrior 5.

I don't need to be a master mechanic to drive a car. I don't need to have knowledge about the engine either. But when I sit in that seat, I should enjoy the ride.
I don't care about how you drive your car. As a customer, I'm expressing my complaint.
How you drive is your choice. I know my own preferences.

MWO is not comparable to riding a car for fun - you can ride a mech for fun in the Training Grounds or the Academy without having to ever face other players. You made the choice to enter the PVP queue, which is more like a demolition derby. If you enter such a derby and your car ends up in pieces, how is it the fault of the derby's organizer? You knew what you were signing up for, to argue otherwise is disingenuous.

Edited by Horseman, 15 June 2023 - 11:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users