War Trophies Event Queue Weekend And Sale

121 replies to this topic

#61 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:24 AM

... don't know what hero to buy...might need more than 4 days to fond out....

#62 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:43 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 02 June 2023 - 08:38 AM, said:

Archer-2R(S) is not counted as Archer-2R(C), is it?

Nah, I don't think so. I haven't tried though...

#63 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:45 AM

...The LBK is actually growing on me.

Might get one.

>possible UAC20 build with Redline

Yes please. I would in fact like a 97kph boomstick.

Edited by the check engine light, 02 June 2023 - 10:07 AM.

#64 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:09 AM

!EXTENDED! https://mwomercs.com/events/523
*ONLY The Challenge portion of this event has been extended to allow more players to earn the rewards.

!NOT EXTENDED!
All Sales, Double XP, and Boosted Heroes and Event Queue have NOT BEEN EXTENDED and will still end at the regular time,

#65 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:13 AM

If I weren't out sick (and didn't realize the thing about MS in EQ) the extension on challenges would have been a must

Thanks, I guess, random respiratory illness

#66 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:59 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 02 June 2023 - 10:09 AM, said:

*ONLY The Challenge portion of this event has been extended to allow more players to earn the rewards.

!NOT EXTENDED!
All Sales, Double XP, and Boosted Heroes and Event Queue have NOT BEEN EXTENDED and will still end at the regular time,

Attempted to try and join the event queue but seems not many people are playing it, endless waiting. Just doesn't seem to be much reason to play this event queue especially since you cannot even have a group of 2-3-4. Playing the trial mechs is a pretty chill event to achieve stuff, love that, but the event queue, not so well thought out just .02

Edited by CwStrife, 02 June 2023 - 11:59 AM.

#67 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 12:02 PM

View PostCwStrife, on 02 June 2023 - 11:59 AM, said:

Attempted to try and join the event queue but seems not many people are playing it, endless waiting. Just doesn't seem to be much reason to play this event queue especially since you cannot even have a group of 2-3-4. Playing the trial mechs is a pretty chill event to achieve stuff, love that, but the event queue, not so well thought out just .02

Groups of 2 are active. Pay attention and quit whining about muh groups, you GOT it. And refrain from using a full deck of trials in the EQ, you'll just get farmed by the groups you begged for and then you'll get upset about THAT.

Edited by the check engine light, 02 June 2023 - 12:04 PM.

#68 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 01:05 PM

Alright can you please check on how your servers are doing, I just got DCed midmatch AGAIN and I think a bunch of other people are getting hit too. This is a problem.

#69 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 04:10 PM

The Data Center where the servers are housed is doing some Maintenance which was not supposed to affect us. Posted Image

#70 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 04:22 PM

Can we please have the mechs that were on may patch on sale PLEASE, i wanna have more mechs.

#71 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 04:44 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 02 June 2023 - 04:10 PM, said:

The Data Center where the servers are housed is doing some Maintenance which was not supposed to affect us. Posted Image

Nice of them. At least we have an inkling of what the issue might be stemming from. Hopefully they're done by now

Edited by the check engine light, 02 June 2023 - 05:29 PM.

#72 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 June 2023 - 05:10 PM

These events are getting a bit silly.

#73 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2023 - 05:22 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 June 2023 - 12:02 PM, said:

Groups of 2 are active. Pay attention and quit whining about muh groups, you GOT it. And refrain from using a full deck of trials in the EQ, you'll just get farmed by the groups you begged for and then you'll get upset about THAT.

Actually today I just tried to do it when I was by myself, we only tried last night. My apologies for bitching, it's my middle name. Agreed with the trial, but playing Quick Play with them was actually fun and added something to the challenge which was cool, and slightly different. End of day I commend them for listening to the playerbase we have, these events more times than not have been pretty decent.

View PostPocketYoda, on 02 June 2023 - 05:10 PM, said:

These events are getting a bit silly.

Why? The trial mechs are actually quite interesting to use, and so many of us ran them last night it made it a different experience than the normal builds we all run also.

#74 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 06:53 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 02 June 2023 - 10:09 AM, said:

!NOT EXTENDED!

Matt,
At the end of the event, could the trial mechs go on sale in the store? I actually found a couple I really enjoyed playing.

Edited by AmbidXtrousGNOME, 02 June 2023 - 06:54 PM.

#75 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 07:07 PM

View PostCwStrife, on 02 June 2023 - 05:22 PM, said:

Actually today I just tried to do it when I was by myself, we only tried last night. My apologies for bitching, it's my middle name. Agreed with the trial, but playing Quick Play with them was actually fun and added something to the challenge which was cool, and slightly different. End of day I commend them for listening to the playerbase we have, these events more times than not have been pretty decent.

Why? The trial mechs are actually quite interesting to use, and so many of us ran them last night it made it a different experience than the normal builds we all run also.

Some are a bit easier to use than others depending on circumstances, LBK was fun enough despite being very toasty that I went and got Redline. You really start to appreciate the amount of impact Skill Tree has, though. Kind of wonder if that should be less impactful, but really don't know how.

Edited by the check engine light, 02 June 2023 - 07:08 PM.

#76 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 07:08 PM

Ok...sigh...8vs8 with dropdeck stinks hard, it's just too slow, one spends most of the match walking around looking for 8 enemy players running in a map too large for 16 players.

#77 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 07:22 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 02 June 2023 - 07:08 PM, said:

Ok...sigh...8vs8 with dropdeck stinks hard, it's just too slow, one spends most of the match walking around looking for 8 enemy players running in a map too large for 16 players.

wat

It's Vitric, there's like... 3 possibilities. They're going top, they're going down their right or their left and since it's not Dom there's a chance they'll be out way to a side for some reason, bottling themselves up behind buildings or trying an ebin flanking maneuber ::::DDDDDD. Barring that they might sit in lower middle area.

#78 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 02 June 2023 - 08:05 PM

PGI no matter how hard ye try and sell that Marik Paint Scheme... Either here for the Event, or MW5, or where ever ye show it... That's NOT Mariks Scheme! We of the FWL don't have that TERRIBLE Green in our schemes, unless yer from the Oriente Units... Either go Guards with just White and Marik Purple, or go Marik Militia with Marik Purple, Blue, and Red... That Green is feckin' terrible... That poor Champion Mech...

#79 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 08:35 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 02 June 2023 - 08:05 PM, said:

PGI no matter how hard ye try and sell that Marik Paint Scheme... Either here for the Event, or MW5, or where ever ye show it... That's NOT Mariks Scheme! We of the FWL don't have that TERRIBLE Green in our schemes, unless yer from the Oriente Units... Either go Guards with just White and Marik Purple, or go Marik Militia with Marik Purple, Blue, and Red... That Green is feckin' terrible... That poor Champion Mech...

...I like it. Pattern's a bit bland on some mechs, but the colors are neat.

#80 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:09 PM

I would be encouraged to grind this weekend if the event queue matches had some (any!) of the cool modifiers from the early days. You used up a lot of development time and resources precisely to have a way of adding wacky and/or interesting twists to the usual matches, but lately it's just bigger XP and cBills on these event queue weekends. And it's not even a good game mode, just vanilla skirmish to top it all off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users