• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:22 PM

A big thank you to MWO for listing to us MWO players, and to extend the War Trophies Challenge Event to a realistic timeframe for us to enjoy! ;)

https://mwomercs.com/events/523

#82 F i s s i o n

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for switching the event to allow for groups of two. Been playing with friends and family all night and it's been great!

#83 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:39 PM

A few okay matches. Lot of spawn camping.

#84 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:32 PM

Yeah drop decks full of trial mechs in event play is great when it's the other team, not so great when they're on your team. At least all the event stuff can be ground in QP, but there's not really anything worth grinding.

#85 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 01:19 AM

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 June 2023 - 09:21 AM, said:

Might take a bit for them to show up in game? Dad Bot was apparently an Autism Awareness Month 2019 item. It's a funny little standing decoration, animated. I like it.

You were right, they were all in my inventory this morning. Strange how no message showed up saying the items got injected .

#86 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 07:49 AM

View PostRalph Edwards, on 03 June 2023 - 01:19 AM, said:

You were right, they were all in my inventory this morning. Strange how no message showed up saying the items got injected .

Yeah I noticed that too, but the items were in inventory. /shrug

It's odd because in the past account injections from events redeemed on the site seemed to show up in that message box. Wonder if something broke?

#87 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 09:25 AM

The challenges didn't take as long as I thought...spending more time debating which mech hero I will buy next.
Gotta be honest...I would like to see more decals for rewards rather than cockpit items. It isn't a deal breaker though.

#88 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 03 June 2023 - 11:23 AM

View PostAdrian Porter, on 01 June 2023 - 05:01 PM, said:

7500 matchscore in a weekend? That's the requirement for a free mech in a month. Seems like a lot

I'm not a very good player but on average I can generate 1500MS per hour so I was able to complete the event in two sessions, about five hours of play.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#89 PokeyRodger

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 01:05 PM

I like the trial mech event that forces me to use different mechs, however:
they seem to be based off grimmechs builds, but the quite uncommon ones.

But the real pain is in the unskilled mechs, being put against fully skilled mechs.
Certain mechs had not quirks, so it was just using the weapons and realizing that the default weapon stats are, not that fast.

What I want to request or provide in feedback is, just use grimmechs builds completely, and skill the mech so it's a more fair fight.
These mechs are handicaps to use.

#90 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 01:08 PM

View PostPokeyRodger, on 03 June 2023 - 01:05 PM, said:

I like the trial mech event that forces me to use different mechs, however:
they seem to be based off grimmechs builds, but the quite uncommon ones.

But the real pain is in the unskilled mechs, being put against fully skilled mechs.
Certain mechs had not quirks, so it was just using the weapons and realizing that the default weapon stats are, not that fast.

What I want to request or provide in feedback is, just use grimmechs builds completely, and skill the mech so it's a more fair fight.
These mechs are handicaps to use.

I agree that no skill tree is a handicap. They work better for challenges in QP, tbh.

#91 PoohPuss

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 06:46 PM

Wow. A weekend event that requires running a specific mech really ******* sucks.

#92 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 June 2023 - 06:51 PM

View Postw0qj, on 02 June 2023 - 10:22 PM, said:

A big thank you to MWO for listing to us MWO players, and to extend the War Trophies Challenge Event to a realistic timeframe for us to enjoy! Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com/events/523

Very nice improvement.

#93 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2023 - 08:34 PM

Groups ruin everything. I'm out.

#94 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2023 - 08:47 PM

View PostPocketYoda, on 03 June 2023 - 08:34 PM, said:

Groups ruin everything. I'm out.

its max group size of 2, so it is pretty fair. Can't OP with just one friend.

#95 Marcel Leander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 06:08 AM

Some of these loadouts are definitely hot garbage. It's a grind. Not terribly hard, just time consuming and not fun. Honestly it just feels like we're being thrown a few random freebies in exchange for being cannon fodder for the people piloting real mechs. Not having a skill tree isn't great, but honestly the skill tree system has always been an annoyance and the main reason I just play my maxed out mechs and don't buy new ones.

#96 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 06:41 AM

View PostMarcel Leander, on 04 June 2023 - 06:08 AM, said:

Some of these loadouts are definitely hot garbage. It's a grind. Not terribly hard, just time consuming and not fun. Honestly it just feels like we're being thrown a few random freebies in exchange for being cannon fodder for the people piloting real mechs. Not having a skill tree isn't great, but honestly the skill tree system has always been an annoyance and the main reason I just play my maxed out mechs and don't buy new ones.

Getting payoffs to be cannon fodder describes a number of events. Especially when you're on their team and you can hear them talking about farming, and you know there's a chance they'll be on the other team next drop camping your spawns.

Honestly some matches were genuinely fun and others (especially on FWL Colosseum and I'll add Tourm to the "quit ******* adding this to a dropdeck EQ" list) were the most ungodly drag, players will optimize all the fun right out of stuff if you let them.

Edited by the check engine light, 04 June 2023 - 10:34 AM.

#97 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 11:27 AM

yeah no **** this EQ has fully devolved into "peek and poke or die" where the mission is to bore/frustrate the first wave to death and then run up to camp spawn

Edited by the check engine light, 04 June 2023 - 11:39 AM.

#98 Odwalla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 11:46 AM

Super fun EQ so far, thank you!

#99 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2023 - 01:33 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 04 June 2023 - 11:27 AM, said:

yeah no **** this EQ has fully devolved into "peek and poke or die" where the mission is to bore/frustrate the first wave to death and then run up to camp spawn

Yea it seems to be a big problem in the colosseum and on vitric where it's alot of peeky pokey. I would really love to see more brawl maps like forest colony or viridian bog, not sure why they don't add those in to the mix.

#100 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 04 June 2023 - 01:44 PM

View PostCwStrife, on 04 June 2023 - 01:33 PM, said:

Yea it seems to be a big problem in the colosseum and on vitric where it's alot of peeky pokey. I would really love to see more brawl maps like forest colony or viridian bog, not sure why they don't add those in to the mix.

Take a wild ******* guess why. This is only hard to figure out if you refuse to abandon the idea that you're not being played for a ******* fool at the behest of people who look at you the same way a butcher looks at a steer.

Edited by the check engine light, 04 June 2023 - 02:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users