Trick Or Treat 2023

59 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 09:42 AM

Play during the Trick or Treat 2023 Lootbag event and earn
loot bags, cockpit items, and 2 Free Mechs!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for Grasshopper and Cauldron-Born, even though they were already offered in previous Free Mech events.

#3 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:03 AM

Thanks! Please can we have another event queue soon?

#4 SkullenB0nes

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:34 AM

I'm like 10 years late to the game... Thank you!

#5 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:43 AM

The loot bags are nice as always but why did they have to put repeated prize mechs? There are so many variants and yet PGI regularly gives away mechs already given out as prizes.
And it's not that it's difficult or expensive to buy a mech for cBills or even MC, it's just that they sabotage their own event because a lot of people, myself included, see no need to play to reach the free mech thresholds if we already have received the exact same variant already. Not to mention that each mech we don't get is time we don't spend playing to master them. A F2P PvP game needs population engagement and these details could easily be improved. It's the exact amount of effort to offer these than any other variant so why not do it right?

#6 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 11:42 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 13 October 2023 - 10:43 AM, said:

The loot bags are nice as always but why did they have to put repeated prize mechs? There are so many variants and yet PGI regularly gives away mechs already given out as prizes.
And it's not that it's difficult or expensive to buy a mech for cBills or even MC, it's just that they sabotage their own event because a lot of people, myself included, see no need to play to reach the free mech thresholds if we already have received the exact same variant already. Not to mention that each mech we don't get is time we don't spend playing to master them. A F2P PvP game needs population engagement and these details could easily be improved. It's the exact amount of effort to offer these than any other variant so why not do it right?

Nothing more to say, only note we already told about it in anounce post. But noone cares and we are going to farm whole mounth (sure it can be done MUCH faster) for Mechs we already have...

Edited by Pz_DC, 13 October 2023 - 12:17 PM.

#7 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 11:43 AM

And yet no sale. If I may ask, why the repeated mechs?

#8 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 12:02 PM

Hey, why do I only have 200 free lootbags. It should be 250. I own all the legendary, as well as the stone rhino pack.

#9 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 13 October 2023 - 12:27 PM

I should have 150 free lootbags but it only says 100. I have the Scaleshot, urbie ii's and the Stone Rhino.

Edited by -Ramrod-, 13 October 2023 - 12:27 PM.

#10 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 12:30 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 13 October 2023 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hey, why do I only have 200 free lootbags. It should be 250. I own all the legendary, as well as the stone rhino pack.

lol rich boy o7

#11 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 01:23 PM

Thanks!

The EQ recommendation that was made isn't a crazy idea....

A connected sale would be great too!

:)

#12 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 01:34 PM

Hey Guys!

You are correct the Grasshopper has been given away before in March of 2021 - Same Variant
Also the Ebon Jag was given away in Nov 2021 - However it was the B variant.

Usually we do take the time to make sure the mechs are Good mechs we have not given away in the past. In this case we were so focused on the celebration of MW5 Clans Being announced and the Release of The Dragons Gambit I think we forgot to check the free mech History page. We will make sure to do that in the future.

I hope folks are happy with the return of the Cockpit Items to the Lootbags. Let me know what you think

If you have an issue with missing Lootbags please send an email to support@mwomercs.com we will be happy to sort you out.

ALSO there is a new Halloween Warhorn coming in the Oct Patch that we will be giving away in a Challenge Event! So look forward to more Halloween fun and Loot incoming with the patch.

#13 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 13 October 2023 - 01:57 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 October 2023 - 01:34 PM, said:

I hope folks are happy with the return of the Cockpit Items to the Lootbags. Let me know what you think

ALSO there is a new Halloween Warhorn coming in the Oct Patch that we will be giving away in a Challenge Event! So look forward to more Halloween fun and Loot incoming with the patch.

Always nice to have cockpit items in the loot bags, thanks for that.
And a new halloween one? Great!

#14 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 October 2023 - 01:58 PM

I'm missing 50 lootbags from my Stone Rhino collectors pack who I purchased on July 23. Only got 100 lootbags from Warlord and Hashké and Abaddon legendary pack. :/

#15 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 02:27 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 October 2023 - 01:34 PM, said:

Thanks for responce. If You agree that GHR was a mistake it's not too late to swap it, just check it's single action per account who's get it in past hours (days) since event start...

P.S. Your answer is the best our reward :)

#16 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 13 October 2023 - 04:25 PM

I'd much rather have a whole new variant, one that is lore based. Just saying.

The same with the Ebon Jaguar. Like the E variant that has HAG 20, ATM 12, ER Med, and LPL.

Now that would be nice to have that instead of Proxy Variant I have now.

My advice, and I hope you'll take it as such. Plan ahead by looking into both current weapons currently in game, and the variants that have those weapons/equipment available. That way, you can provide variants that we don't have currently in game.

#17 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 117 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 13 October 2023 - 04:30 PM

Still no bundles....last year we had those Halloween Bundles with colors, etc...

#18 PartisanGerm

Rookie

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 October 2023 - 04:42 PM

Even though other comments have confirmed this, I just wanted to ask for 100% clarity:

The One time only Bonus Redeem list means each item on the list can only be redeemed once per item on the list, with the exception of the Crusader, Hatchetman, or Stone Rhino which is one redeem for any or all three purchased.

A total of 250 bonus loot bags, and unlimited per GSP purchases.
The bonus loot bags count towards the prize redemption but not the 150 per phase earnable loot bags.

#19 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 October 2023 - 04:46 PM

Thank you MWO for being so generous!
Two free mechs!

And one of the most new/returning player accessible Loot Bag events ever!
1 loot bag per 100 damage in Phase 2. :)

#20 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 October 2023 - 07:07 PM

View PostHawk819, on 13 October 2023 - 04:25 PM, said:

I'd much rather have a whole new variant, one that is lore based. Just saying.

The same with the Ebon Jaguar. Like the E variant that has HAG 20, ATM 12, ER Med, and LPL.

Now that would be nice to have that instead of Proxy Variant I have now.

My advice, and I hope you'll take it as such. Plan ahead by looking into both current weapons currently in game, and the variants that have those weapons/equipment available. That way, you can provide variants that we don't have currently in game.

You can make the E variant with normal pods. There isnt any reason to add a variant that adds NOTHING new.

And these are free mechs, mechs already in the game being given out, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users