• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 November 2023 - 11:13 PM

View PostStrelok7, on 22 November 2023 - 10:01 PM, said:

LOAD times have increased a LOT. Something BrOkE Posted Image

*don't blame the pines ))) my fav

If you mean the loading into the mechbay, pretty sure it is the trees and other items loaded up. If they want to keep them for now, they need to cut the numbers by half at a min.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 November 2023 - 11:23 PM.

#142 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 12:20 AM

Now that you've increased ammo shots/ton, time to get rid of the ridiculous 200%+ per ton for light mechs, that or else increase the % for all other weight classes; literally no sense whatsoever to have this disparity.

#143 Breaktime

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 10:11 AM

Not sure where to report. I just played a game on the new map. Scenario was domination. As I was walking to the center I dropped down near one of the destructible objectives that increases the clock, and my mech became stuck. I was running a Dire Wolf and I basically didn't play the rest of the map.

On one hand, I wasn't really looking...on the other hand...mechs can get stuck? Could the objective be moved from the wall so that getting stuck isn't a thing?

Otherwise I'm really digging the new map.

#144 CrimsonEye

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 12:44 AM

New Pirahna Decarion is a joke compare to other loyalist mech & other light mechs.

No weapon quirks, low armour buff with even lower engine rating, what is the point of this?

I felt too many clan light mechs are not getting enough love at this point.

#145 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 01:18 AM

Bug Report

Getting occasional lock-ups in game since the patch. Game goes to 1 frame per minute and computer becomes unresponsive.

#146 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 08:40 AM

My favorite things in this Patch that show great innovation :

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 November 2023 - 08:39 PM, said:

- Krazzdaxx unveils his latest creation, the brand new map Bearclaw II, a unique mostly-underground map that is a 'Mech factory with aircraft, runways, buildings, tunnels, and lots of areas and angles to explore and approach the enemy!
- While he was busy working on the new map, Krazzdaxx found a bit of time to add some holiday cheer to the MechLab, a first for MechWarrior Online!

And that SHIELD on the Centurion !!! Posted Image NICE !!! Posted ImagePosted Image

#147 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,937 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:11 AM

View PostBreaktime, on 23 November 2023 - 10:11 AM, said:

...mechs can get stuck?

Of course 'Mechs can get stuck. It can happen on some maps such as Solaris City.

#148 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:22 AM

After playing it as often as possible, I have to say the new map is pretty good. Still too cluttered for me, ideally, but it plays pretty well, and it has not turned out to be a full blown anti-LRM map, which the ceiling seemed to suggest. The strongest showing of a new map in a long time, as far as I am concerned.

View PostCrimsonEye, on 24 November 2023 - 12:44 AM, said:

New Pirahna Decarion is a joke compare to other loyalist mech & other light mechs.

No weapon quirks, low armour buff with even lower engine rating, what is the point of this?

I felt too many clan light mechs are not getting enough love at this point.

The Decarion has MASC - you don't need a bigger engine, the thing does like 167 KPH without skills...

Edited by An6ryMan69, 24 November 2023 - 09:22 AM.

#149 Hawok79

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationWo sind wir daheim,Frankfurt am Main!

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:40 AM

View PostCurccu, on 21 November 2023 - 05:27 AM, said:

No it is not same size as cLB10-X or cAC10 kdk-3

...again not that hard, if your friends really are decent comp players it is not hard for them either.

Good luck killing stuff with those @ 800 more efficiently than HAGs

A skilled LCT player with longmid/long range weapons will defeat any ballistic build 1v1. Nothing new here.
Game is not balanced around Solaris that is already removed from the game except event queue.

Charging can be done while exiting cover and be ready to release when you actually can have LOS to something.
Standing on open area waiting to get shot is stupid.

Maybe they don't fear YOU with HAGs?
Skill issue. In my experience everything dies.

Yes, it is.

Works well, Kills well that is a fact.

Reading, thinking,answer.

Even a skilled Player is more successful with a better or easier to handle weapon.

800+ not play a big role in this Game. Trying to snipe at this range with HAG´s is nothing an experienced player will do.

The LL Noobs die all on the wall without a kill in the end

Even if you do,y have a significant advantage over a weapon that must be charged.

I am not famous, lights could not know if i skilled or not when they push me.

#150 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 12:48 PM

Some thoughts and a patch report.

-
"hind sight 20.20" "note to the wise" holiday patches released in advance - with enough time to troubleshot.

Just when people are ready to relax and get some quality gaming time in - updates start to cause issues....Posted Image

I guess we will think of this as a test run, to be ready for Christmas/NewYears

-
What server issues are you guys(players) seeing, as of this 11/24 patch?

-
11/24 patch report from me:
overall grade - C
game round load times - good (BUT, it fails to load altogether sometime - error "failed to find a server or a round smth" (EU-disabled))
mechbay lobby load time - seems fine

Edited by Strelok7, 24 November 2023 - 02:12 PM.

#151 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 02:32 PM

Thank you Cauldron for exposing yourself to ridicule with these Quirks and the Mech Balance FP

And yes, thank you for adjusting the tonnage in the FP to 120 tons minus

Yes, you're not interested in FP, but we're not interested in Quick Play

And there are players who have done great analyzes of mechs based on their experience of which mechs are OP, e.g. Data

FP players have also spent enough money on this game and should therefore also be taken into account just think about it Cauldron it's bull ****

ORION
All Variants (Excluding ON1-P Hero variant):
  • Increased CT Armor bonus to +53 (from +33)
  • Increased LT, RT Armor bonus to +46 (from +26)
  • Increased LA, RA Armor bonus to +27 (from +12)
  • Increased LL, RL Armor bonus to +31 (from +16)
what completely exaggerated quirks
If it's all about money and the Quirks are the reason to buy mechs, just say it

The balance in FP is just as bad as it was years ago, only the sides have changed THX for Cauldron

Edited by Staude, 24 November 2023 - 03:19 PM.

#152 Onigato69

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationPocatello, ID

Posted 25 November 2023 - 12:10 PM

View PostPsionicMantis, on 21 November 2023 - 12:57 PM, said:

This also isnt limited to the new map apparently

In addition, loading screens going into and leaving games takes several more minutes than normal. In the loading screens, it hijacks the mouse cursor, making my computer worthless for multi-monitor use. Nothing better than a game hijacking your entire machine for 10+ minutes.

Several times, it has frozen on the load screen and never enters the match lobby. You are stuck until it dumps you into the match with no dropship animation. I never had these issues before the patch. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game; the issue persists. This feels like a server-side lack of adequate support issue.

Honestly, I spend more on this game than on AAA titles. It is several hundred dollars a year between legendary and new mech packs. As long as I have been playing that is a lot of money. So, this constant "lack of available PGI resources" is getting old. The Cauldron works for free out of love for the game. I see a lot of the new mechs in the game, which means a lot of people are spending money. PGI, many of us spend $15-30 a month just on the Legendary mechs. Your gaslighting and excuses are getting old. Support your customers or lose your customers.

#153 TannerFoust

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 10:58 AM

View Postmartian, on 21 November 2023 - 01:13 PM, said:

Are you getting that error on other maps too?

Strange, I had this so consistently on Bearclaw map that I was only ever able to successfully drop ONCE.
On the other hand, I NEVER had it happen with any other map.
I think that I have been having a similar experience to your's, Martian.

View PostOnigato69, on 25 November 2023 - 12:10 PM, said:

In addition, loading screens going into and leaving games takes several more minutes than normal. In the loading screens, it hijacks the mouse cursor, making my computer worthless for multi-monitor use. Nothing better than a game hijacking your entire machine for 10+ minutes.

Several times, it has frozen on the load screen and never enters the match lobby. You are stuck until it dumps you into the match with no dropship animation. I never had these issues before the patch. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game; the issue persists. This feels like a server-side lack of adequate support issue.

Honestly, I spend more on this game than on AAA titles. It is several hundred dollars a year between legendary and new mech packs. As long as I have been playing that is a lot of money. So, this constant "lack of available PGI resources" is getting old. The Cauldron works for free out of love for the game. I see a lot of the new mechs in the game, which means a lot of people are spending money. PGI, many of us spend $15-30 a month just on the Legendary mechs. Your gaslighting and excuses are getting old. Support your customers or lose your customers.

I've noticed the delay since the mechlab update as well. I've had issues with late drops since LONG before the Bearclaw map, however, having drops without dropships and even watching the indicator spin only to drop into a game with up to five minutes already elapsed.

#154 TannerFoust

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 11:01 AM

View PostHawok79, on 24 November 2023 - 09:40 AM, said:

Reading, thinking,answer.

Even a skilled Player is more successful with a better or easier to handle weapon.

800+ not play a big role in this Game. Trying to snipe at this range with HAG´s is nothing an experienced player will do.

The LL Noobs die all on the wall without a kill in the end

Even if you do,y have a significant advantage over a weapon that must be charged.

I am not famous, lights could not know if i skilled or not when they push me.

Agreed. I have lights rush me in assaults with heavy gauss, HAGs. Due to hit boxes I can't always hit them, but there must be a few surprised lights when they go from full armor to legged/dead during that one rush.

#155 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 03:14 PM

Everything seems to work!

#156 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 01:25 PM

Not sure if something has changed, but loading into matches or even testing grounds takes now quite a long time.

#157 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 04:37 PM

View PostStrelok7, on 27 November 2023 - 03:14 PM, said:

Everything seems to work!

... if you don't talk about mwo Posted Image

#158 Raydeen

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 12:28 PM

The nerf to the cool shots is a poor idea, it won't accomplish anything. You should reduce the base heat containment and base cool down rate by 10%. The idea that the clan heat sinks are the only problem with the game is a laughable idea. I think that if implemented it will piss off a lot of customers, Then you'll still have the problem on the IS side. You have to many quirks you have over complicated the system.

Edited by Raydeen, 30 November 2023 - 01:14 PM.

#159 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 01 December 2023 - 05:51 AM

View PostRaydeen, on 30 November 2023 - 12:28 PM, said:

The nerf to the cool shots is a poor idea, it won't accomplish anything. You should reduce the base heat containment and base cool down rate by 10%. The idea that the clan heat sinks are the only problem with the game is a laughable idea. I think that if implemented it will piss off a lot of customers, Then you'll still have the problem on the IS side. You have to many quirks you have over complicated the system.

While I agree with base heat capacity needing a love tap the coolshot nerf is a good choice imo.

#160 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,937 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 11:50 AM

View PostMeanMachinE, on 28 November 2023 - 01:25 PM, said:

Not sure if something has changed, but loading into matches or even testing grounds takes now quite a long time.

That's true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users