Patch Notes - 1.4.289.0 - 12-December-2023

205 replies to this topic

#41 CrimsonEye

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:20 AM

Clan mechs are not often getting enough buffs , not to mention high heat from their weapons.

U still want to reduce their heatsink efficiency after buffing Inner sphere's heat sink?

What's the point of clan mech then? you might as well remove it entirely from the game!

DO NOT CHANGE THE HEATSINKS, MIGHT AS WELL BUFF ALL OF THEM BETTER INSTEAD OF ONE SIDE NERFS

Edited by CrimsonEye, 10 December 2023 - 09:23 AM.

#42 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:31 AM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 09 December 2023 - 10:35 PM, said:

Oh hey they're up!

Hope you all enjoy the free Commando and Warhammer! They were a blast to make. Plus Santa hat! Can never go wrong with that!

The Longbow Spitfire will have one of the best boltons in the game, if you ask me. I may post it early just out of excitement lol. Also I don't want to hear anything about hardpoint inflation, this Longbow is hardpoint deflated! It's the OH variant, which had 26 rocket launcher 10s and 2 PPCs on the original stock build. Sometimes, I just have to sit in awe of the lore variants.

The Stone Rhino Aksum is probably one of my favorite mechs I've worked on so far. The mech has a lot of Ethiopian imagery, symbolism, and style to it that was really fun to adapt to a mech. Definitely a worthwhile experience to get some heritage in the game(if only some of my family members played MWO to see it).

The reference to "Bundles of Joy"... any chance there will be weapons and engines (Clan and IS) for sale in there somewhere?

#43 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:37 AM

LRM5 change looks interesting, but the strong ECM nerf worries me. Could it be that a -25% nerf is too much? Will have to test it to know for sure...

Other than that, Happy Holidays and many thanks for your work!

#44 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 09:42 AM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 10 December 2023 - 07:49 AM, said:

The move to fix a RAC exploit without nerfing RACs is appreciated - nice to know there is ongoing behind-the-scenes work to stamp out exploits when possible.

What is this RAC exploit that I don't know about? I thought people much more preferred "high instant alpha" weapons (like PPCs and Gauss ones) to any stream ones.

#45 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 10:17 AM

TY for ur efforts dev team!

#46 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 10 December 2023 - 10:49 AM

Why are Clan DHS getting nerfed?

#47 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 10:57 AM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 10 December 2023 - 10:49 AM, said:

Why are Clan DHS getting nerfed?

I have heard that it is to mitigate massive alpha strikes of Clan 'Mechs, especially laser alphas.

#48 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 11:09 AM

View Postmartian, on 10 December 2023 - 10:57 AM, said:

I have heard that it is to mitigate massive alpha strikes of Clan 'Mechs, especially laser alphas.

I thought the heat capacity plan was for alphas. Heat dissipation nerf reduces DPS not alpha in my mind. This means 10% longer hiding between peaking and dropping a huge alpha.

The ECM nerf will make that hiding slightly harder too- the net effect will still be reduced effectiveness of peaking clan laser vomit, but no reduction in the actual alpha.

Edited by crazytimes, 10 December 2023 - 11:09 AM.

#49 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 11:18 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 10 December 2023 - 11:09 AM, said:

I thought the heat capacity plan was for alphas. Heat dissipation nerf reduces DPS not alpha in my mind. This means 10% longer hiding between peaking and dropping a huge alpha.

Yeah, I meant Clan firepower in general. Heat dissipation influences how many alphas you can repeat in succession. They will still keep that advantage of having Double heat sinks that need only two slots.

#50 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 December 2023 - 11:19 AM

ECM protection bubble: -55% protection surface area !
(Area = Pi X Radius X Radius)

I feel that this ECM -55% protection surface area is more for making LRM/ATM boats more viable again...
Simply your ECM teammate walk off a little bit, and you'll be out of the ECM protection bubble... making LRM/ATM more effective...

Which is why I'm upset that half of the Legendary Mechs do not have AMS hardpoints...
(Perhaps MWO should consider adding AMS hardpoints back in?)

#51 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 746 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 10 December 2023 - 11:35 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 December 2023 - 10:20 PM, said:

Stone Rhino "Aksum" (see images below).

I think you misspelled "Dire Wolf 'Ultraviolet'" there.

The free mechs are really cool and interesting, by far the best freebie mechs you've released.
So much so that they overshadow the bland legendaries from this month IMO, they both have neat camos but that's not enough to warrant a buy for me.
Good changes to the LRM5 and ATM3 though.

Edited by PraetorGix, 10 December 2023 - 11:53 AM.

#52 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,130 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 11:44 AM

Thank you for adding the missile cooldown back. Can tinker and get it lined up with SNPPC or close again.

#53 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 11:45 AM

Greetings:

From the original announcement for the patch:

Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.

It's probably just an oversight but to date no such information regarding download links has been provided. Those of us who need the links would sincerely appreciate it if this information could be posted at your earliest convenience for our use.

Please also post the download links for the patch files and any / all intermediate hot fixes that are involved?.

Thank you in advance for all of your efforts in this regard.

(edited to correct a typo error)

Megabopper

Edited by MegaBopper, 10 December 2023 - 12:07 PM.

#54 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 December 2023 - 12:03 PM

Hey MegaBopper,

The patch is this coming Tuesday Dec 12th... MWO tradition has it that they'll put in the links during the patch!

Just two more days... hang in there!! ;)

(I personally cannot wait... it's an exciting patch!)

#55 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 12:13 PM

w0qj Thanks.

Understood. Still it would be nice if we had the links for the hot fix that has already been applied so that we can be ready for the incoming patch.

Edited by MegaBopper, 10 December 2023 - 12:14 PM.

#56 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 12:50 PM

View Postmartian, on 10 December 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

Do not forget your new sniping weapons - Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles - so dissimilar from their BattleTech originals.

Are you going to preemptively ban players again who say that they will actually hunt you, as you did previously?

Great that you are recycling another free 'Mech as you did previously with Grasshopper and Cauldron-Born - this time WHM-6R Warhammer. Warhammer 6R - September Free Mech Event

Do you think that one day you will give HAGs proper visuals that they have in BattleTech?

First off, are you seriously mad they are giving us a Cbill boosted CUSTOM DESIGN mech, and also, what visuals. In classic battletech the game, they don't have hags

#57 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 12:59 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 10 December 2023 - 02:04 AM, said:

When the legendaries go on sale for MC, I feel morally obligated to buy the longbow to run 14xLRM5 in two chainfire groups.

Will it be effective? No. Will it be fun? Also no.

You can alpha it tho

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 December 2023 - 06:51 AM, said:

So no fix to the warthog with standard mgs???

running out of mechs that aren't walking junk yards Posted Image

and with the stupid clan heat sink nerf nobody wants a clan mech now.

Same with you.

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 December 2023 - 09:07 AM, said:

We really need a urbie specific top hat bolt on.

meanwhile clans always geta direct nerf when they have an exploit

Clans were hella strong, and besides, this nerf isn't that extreme.

#58 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:03 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 10 December 2023 - 11:44 AM, said:

Thank you for adding the missile cooldown back. Can tinker and get it lined up with SNPPC or close again.

After you burned me on snubppc? Pass.

#59 BloodyDziq

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:11 PM

ROTARY AUTOCANNON 2
Increased Rate of fire to 10 rounds per second (from 7.275)
Reduced damage per round to 0.66 (from 0.9)
Increased ammo per ton to 480 rounds (from 350)

ROTARY AUTOCANNON 5
Increased Rate of fire to 10 rounds per second (from 7.275)
Reduced damage per round to 1.1 (from 1.5)
Increased ammo per ton to 240 rounds (from 175)

* Note: Damage per second, Generated heat per second and total potential damage from a ton of ammo for both Rotary Autocannons remains unchanged.

What is the purpose for this change if everything remains the same ?

#60 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:23 PM

View Postw0qj, on 10 December 2023 - 02:20 AM, said:

Look again... LRM5 Weapon Changes:
IS: LRM5: increased to firing 6x LRM5 weapons at once without ghost heat penalty.
IS: LRM5: Now in its own separate ghost heat linked penalty group.

ie: 6xLRM5 can now complement 2xLRM20 without any Ghost Heat, on any normal mech!

- - - - - - - - - -
==> As for LGB-0H(LGD), it's got +6 HSL for LRM5, meaning that it can fire 12x LRM5 at once, no Ghost Heat!
==> Or it can fire 2xLRM20 + 12xLRM5 (if you can fit all that into one mech... did not theory-craft it yet) with no Ghost Heat.

Enjoy Posted Image

The most impactful way to play Inner Sphere LRMs is to alpha an entire volley. With the 14 M hardpoints, you can build a mech with 2 or 3 large launchers (20s/15s) and fill the rest of the slots with 5s. With LRM5s now delinked from ghost heat for the larger launchers you can alpha everything just fine. This limits your exposure in the open and also helps to overwhelm AMS. Of course you can chainfire if you really want to, it's just not as effective objectively.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users