205 replies to this topic

#61 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:24 PM

View Postw0qj, on 10 December 2023 - 11:19 AM, said:

ECM protection bubble: -55% protection surface area !
(Area = Pi X Radius X Radius)

I feel that this ECM -55% protection surface area is more for making LRM/ATM boats more viable again...
Simply your ECM teammate walk off a little bit, and you'll be out of the ECM protection bubble... making LRM/ATM more effective...

Which is why I'm upset that half of the Legendary Mechs do not have AMS hardpoints...
(Perhaps MWO should consider adding AMS hardpoints back in?)

Just nerfing the protection area is hardly going to make anything more viable. This nerf, and even harder, had to be done years ago. The actual problem is raderp and map designs, which they does not seem willing to change.

pathetic velocity + long target adquisition time + raderp effect on target retention + cover elsewhere = poo

most times even can't fire because raderp make the target dissapear before getting locked. Even with TD fully skilled.

So useless. Hope that people enjoy their MRM longbows.

Edited by Tarteso, 10 December 2023 - 03:03 PM.

#62 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:25 PM

View Postnopempele, on 10 December 2023 - 09:37 AM, said:

LRM5 change looks interesting, but the strong ECM nerf worries me. Could it be that a -25% nerf is too much? Will have to test it to know for sure...

Other than that, Happy Holidays and many thanks for your work!

If your own mech has ECM, it'll be fine. This nerfs the bubble that it provides to your teammates.

#63 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:36 PM

View PostRhaelcan, on 10 December 2023 - 12:50 PM, said:

First off, are you seriously mad they are giving us a Cbill boosted CUSTOM DESIGN mech.

I am disappointed that PGI is recycling exactly the same 'Mech and exactly the same variant that already was a free 'Mech of the Month. Just like they recycled previous free 'Mechs. MWO has about one hundred chassis and hundreds of various 'Mech variants that have never been "a free 'Mech of the Month".

View PostRhaelcan, on 10 December 2023 - 12:50 PM, said:

and also, what visuals. In classic battletech the game, they don't have hags

You are wrong. Perhaps you would like to check this official BattleTech record sheet:

Posted Image

As you can see, Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles actually are in the classic BattleTech game.

#64 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,238 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 10 December 2023 - 02:24 PM

View PostTarteso, on 10 December 2023 - 01:24 PM, said:

Just nerfing the protection area is hardly going to make anything more viable. This nerf, and even harder, had to be done years ago. The actual problem is raderp and map designs, which they does not seem willing to change.

pathetic velocity + large target adquisition time + raderp effect on target retention + cover elsewhere = poo

most times even can't fire because raderp make the target dissapear before getting locked. Even with TD fully skilled.

So useless. Hope that people enjoy their MRM longbows.
cauldron hates auto-aim weapons so don't ever expect anything good for LRMS.

#65 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 02:30 PM

Just responding to multiple things without quoting them because I’m lazy :P

Warthog standard MG bug has been fixed this patch.

RAC ROF increase was part of a backend adjustment to prevent macro abuse. Plus, in my opinion, the higher rate of fire makes the minigun style much more satisfying.

As said before, WHM isn’t part of the monthly free mech event. It’s Daeron’s favorite mech so he requested a holiday one :)
Some major scrooges in this patch notes thread!

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 December 2023 - 02:24 PM, said:

I believe the exact argument is “higher skill higher reward.” Weapons that are easier to use should be less rewarding and have less output. This would encourage players to apply themselves and use weapons that require higher levels of skill and more active input.!

#66 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,553 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 December 2023 - 02:44 PM

Just found out that one can fit a Binary Laser into CT of COM-D03(H) !!
Enough room for DHS, and perhaps even 2x more lasers in its head too! :)

Gives new meaning to Zombie Mode!

#67 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 10 December 2023 - 03:01 PM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 10 December 2023 - 02:30 PM, said:

I believe the exact argument is “higher skill higher reward.” Weapons that are easier to use should be less rewarding and have less output. This would encourage players to apply themselves and use weapons that require higher levels of skill and more active input.!

Oh, as hide behind a wall and sniping with lasers. Right?

#68 Tarteso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 10 December 2023 - 03:09 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 December 2023 - 02:24 PM, said:

To be exact, they are not auto-aim: need to be aimed and then guided by keeping the lock. But you know, they are easy peasy, no skill needed.

Edited by Tarteso, 10 December 2023 - 03:11 PM.

#69 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 03:14 PM

That is exactly what would mean that the clan lasers would not be made weaker

and the lasers are made weaker by weakening the heat sinks

one thing is not clear to me With such a super balance IS vs Clan why isn't there 120 tons less in the FP?

#70 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,729 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 December 2023 - 03:35 PM

View PostBloodyDziq, on 10 December 2023 - 01:11 PM, said:

What is the purpose for this change if everything remains the same ?

Tis like.. why cannot HAGs have a similar damage output per bullet then and increase the bullets!! :)

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 10 December 2023 - 03:43 PM.

#71 crazytimes IIC

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 03:59 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 10 December 2023 - 03:35 PM, said:

Tis like.. why cannot HAGs have a similar damage output per bullet then and increase the bullets!! Posted Image

That has been posted about officially several times. Server has a projectile count limit. It's also discussed that this change for RACs means too many people running RACs in the same match could cause issues, the assumption is as long as everyone doesn't have multiple RAC2s then it should be okay.

As we've recently found out, some of the hard limits in the ancient code aren't great to hit.

#72 LavaDa1shi

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFederated Commenwealth

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:00 PM

View Postmartian, on 10 December 2023 - 01:36 PM, said:

You are wrong. Perhaps you would like to check this official BattleTech record sheet:

Posted Image

As you can see, Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles actually are in the classic BattleTech game.

Yeah but they have no visuals on Table top, unless you mean bullet count but iirc the devs have said it would cause lag issues.

Edited by LavaDa1shi, 10 December 2023 - 04:08 PM.

#73 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:17 PM

View Postmartian, on 10 December 2023 - 01:36 PM, said:

I am disappointed that PGI is recycling exactly the same 'Mech and exactly the same variant that already was a free 'Mech of the Month. Just like they recycled previous free 'Mechs. MWO has about one hundred chassis and hundreds of various 'Mech variants that have never been "a free 'Mech of the Month".

Posted Image

I thought you were talking about HBS battletech. How do you know how they LOOK in classic tabletop. It's a burst fire weapon. Simple as is.

#74 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:18 PM

Like most of what I read, curious about the "hunt the devs" thingy. The free mechs are always welcome thank you PGI, as for the current events? Im already done with them...always ready for more.

A couple of things though, they didn't say if the rewards for the CS23 will be injected with the next patch...or when.

Dont think it is a good idea to temper with the RAC2 and RAC5, lets see how it goes, but I think they were fine, if anything, I would reduce the time they can fire before jamming.

LRM5 CLRM5 ATM5's changes, Im curious about...but I dont like it, I actually roll with some mechs I loaded with multiple LRM5s or ATM3 respectively, just gonna say, I can see PGI backpedaling these changes in future patches, they are gonna be noticeably powerful.

#75 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:34 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 10 December 2023 - 04:18 PM, said:

Like most of what I read, curious about the "hunt the devs" thingy. The free mechs are always welcome thank you PGI, as for the current events? Im already done with them...always ready for more.

A couple of things though, they didn't say if the rewards for the CS23 will be injected with the next patch...or when.

Dont think it is a good idea to temper with the RAC2 and RAC5, lets see how it goes, but I think they were fine, if anything, I would reduce the time they can fire before jamming.

LRM5 CLRM5 ATM5's changes, Im curious about...but I dont like it, I actually roll with some mechs I loaded with multiple LRM5s or wasATM3 respectively, just gonna say, I can see PGI backpedaling these changes in future patches, they are gonna be noticeably powerful.

They were changed due to macro

#76 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:48 PM

View Postmartian, on 10 December 2023 - 12:12 AM, said:

Do you think that one day you will give HAGs proper visuals that they have in BattleTech?

Show me the proper visuals from the table top game!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#77 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:55 PM

View PostStaude, on 10 December 2023 - 06:34 AM, said:

CLAN DOUBLE HEAT SINKS
  • Clan Double Heat Sink dissipation rate has been reduced to 0.2 heat per second per heatsink (from 0.22). This affects both internal engine heat sinks and externally mounted heat sinks.
Simply wrong

Reducing high alphas is always right....

#78 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 05:03 PM

View PostCrimsonEye, on 10 December 2023 - 09:20 AM, said:

Clan mechs are not often getting enough buffs , not to mention high heat from their weapons.

U still want to reduce their heatsink efficiency after buffing Inner sphere's heat sink?

What's the point of clan mech then? you might as well remove it entirely from the game!

DO NOT CHANGE THE HEATSINKS, MIGHT AS WELL BUFF ALL OF THEM BETTER INSTEAD OF ONE SIDE NERFS

Only IS SHS get the buff. Who runs them?? Clans are still able to boat more, lighter weapons with higher alphas and more (double) heatsinks.

View Postnopempele, on 10 December 2023 - 09:37 AM, said:

LRM5 change looks interesting, but the strong ECM nerf worries me. Could it be that a -25% nerf is too much? Will have to test it to know for sure...

Other than that, Happy Holidays and many thanks for your work!

Returning to what the ECM range was before it was buffed.

#79 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 05:09 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 10 December 2023 - 04:55 PM, said:

Reducing high alphas is always right....

Only Clan Mechs have how Alphas?

#80 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 05:13 PM

View PostBlueDevilspawn, on 10 December 2023 - 01:23 PM, said:

The most impactful way to play Inner Sphere LRMs is to alpha an entire volley. With the 14 M hardpoints, you can build a mech with 2 or 3 large launchers (20s/15s) and fill the rest of the slots with 5s. With LRM5s now delinked from ghost heat for the larger launchers you can alpha everything just fine. This limits your exposure in the open and also helps to overwhelm AMS. Of course you can chainfire if you really want to, it's just not as effective objectively.

My theorycrafting had a 325 light, Endo, 17 double heatsinks, 16T Standard Armor, 12xLRM5, 2xML and 6.5T LRM ammo.

Spitfire LRM60

Don't know where you will get the weight or crits to put a larger launcher in the 13th or 14th missile slot. Good luck!!

EDIT:

I suppose you could go with this LRM90 build, but fragile, slow, and HOT!!!

Spitfire LRM90

Edited by Lionheart2012, 10 December 2023 - 05:23 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users