#81 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,697 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 17 January 2024 - 02:48 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 January 2024 - 01:23 PM, said:

I'd settle for just giving us the Turkina, even if it wasn't free.

Throw in the Kingfisher and you're 2 for 2. Maybe a lore expert can comment if there would be any place for a Kingfisher in the upcoming MW5 Clans and follow-on DLCs, but the Turkina for sure has a place in an CJF content going forward.

I would love both the Turkina and the Kingfisher. Hell, the Mongrel (Grendel) would be a nice addition as well.

#82 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2024 - 02:51 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 17 January 2024 - 11:25 AM, said:

Here's the list since 2021 - we have given away even more mechs before this of course. This list also doesn't cover any Annual Rewards or previous Event rewards, or holiday bonus'

++++ Snip ++++

Pick a Prize Free Hero Mech - 2022
Big Beach party Pick a Prize Free Hero Mech - 2023

Thanks Matt. Can you (or anyone) explain what these mechs were?

#83 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:04 PM

View Postnopempele, on 17 January 2024 - 11:40 AM, said:

All they ever want is more ERPPCs. The original weapon is something different (ranged Flamer basically), please do not ruin the fun of it.

I want the canon Clan plasma cannon myself. It would make for a neat ranged burst flamer. I kinda imagine it like firing a fire ball like the old PPCs from MechWarrior 2 Posted Image There's a Hellbringer config with four of them too!

I bet the ghost heat would be crazy though Posted Image

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 January 2024 - 12:09 PM, said:

Something that is essentially a long range flamer seems like something that has the potential to be very unfun.

I don't see the problem. Do you not like the flamer game mechanic? Sure, it's annoying to be on the receiving end, but that's part of the fun in this game IMO being able to mess with an enemy 'mech's heat scale and their plans around it. The canon plasma cannon could add a neat heat-dealing weapon to better combat snipers and laser vomit.

I wouldn't mind a non-canon Clan Light PPC, but this "plasma cannon" totally misses IMO.

#84 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:06 PM

Champion mechs are more attractive, and perhaps MWO can promote Champion mechs with:

MAD-9M(C) giveaway!
https://mwomercs.com...champion-mechs/

View PostCh0c0L4t3m1Lk, on 17 January 2024 - 11:08 AM, said:

i asked everyone about the february free mech and we all agree it should be the MAD-9M(S).

#85 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:34 PM

View PostCrustyMech, on 17 January 2024 - 02:51 PM, said:

Thanks Matt. Can you (or anyone) explain what these mechs were?

In those events, the prize mech wasn't fixed- the player could select a hero mech of their choice. (limited by weight class in the Beach Party event- one light, one medium, one heavy, one assault).
Very, very cool events.

#86 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:44 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 17 January 2024 - 03:04 PM, said:

I don't see the problem. Do you not like the flamer game mechanic? Sure, it's annoying to be on the receiving end, but that's part of the fun in this game IMO being able to mess with an enemy 'mech's heat scale and their plans around it. The canon plasma cannon could add a neat heat-dealing weapon to better combat snipers and laser vomit.

I wouldn't mind a non-canon Clan Light PPC, but this "plasma cannon" totally misses IMO.

I don't love it, but there is an important distinction here... you have to be close to use a flamer. If you are being suppressed by a couple people boating plasma cannons from 600m away, that's not fun because you are just locked in a state of not being able to shoot back. If these did primarily heat damage, in order for them to be worth the investment, the heat damage would have to be a lot, and you can boat a lot of these things, so I'm just envisioning mechs with 9 Plasma Cannons dishing out a ridiculous amount of heat and keeping people from being unable to actually shoot anything without even having to get close to them. The phrase "stun lock" comes to mind, and it sounds awful for MWO. I much prefer the route they are going, which is essentially a lighter weight low damage Clan PPC type weapon that does do a tad bit of heat damage to retain the flavor of the canon Plasma Cannon.

#87 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2024 - 04:02 PM

View PostGrey Hook, on 17 January 2024 - 03:34 PM, said:

In those events, the prize mech wasn't fixed- the player could select a hero mech of their choice. (limited by weight class in the Beach Party event- one light, one medium, one heavy, one assault).
Very, very cool events.

Ah, I see. All in-game (not web store) "regular" mechs?

Edited by CrustyMech, 17 January 2024 - 04:04 PM.

#88 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 04:03 PM

The plasma cannon and plasma rifle both use ammo, so unlike the flamer, there is a finite amount of stunning that could be dished out. The TT plasma cannon also dealt no damage to mechs and weighed 3 tons(plus ammo) that's a fair amount of dedicated tonnage to a weapon that solely focused on utility. What about other methods of balancing the potential of stunlocking? why not have the heat imparted upon a mech exponentially decrease per plasma bolt hit from any source within, lets say 5 seconds since last hit. It would discourage boating plasma cannons and prevent co-ordinated stunlocks.

Edited by Abaddun, 17 January 2024 - 04:03 PM.

#89 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 17 January 2024 - 04:26 PM

I vote the Blood Asp or another pick a hero free mech similar to the prize pool from awhile back.

#90 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 05:33 PM

View PostMartaloc, on 17 January 2024 - 02:23 PM, said:

The problem here it is that almost 100% that this mech cant use the Executioner omnipods because than this mech will be to op.
This mech is not the Executioner, this is the Executioner B. Absolut different omnimech from the lore.
This is not only slower because has lower engine,but this has no jump jets and Masc either.
So with the Executioner omnipods you can do a much more metamech from this one and from my experience MWO wont allow this , so you will stuck forever with that cofiguration only what on the mech.
Yes , you can change the ppcs to lasers etc.etc.but still not that good when you can the torsos omnipods to drop the useless misilles or anything.
Then why dont make the company the Summoner 2 clan omnimech as legendary too?
Absolut identical with the regular Summoner except the Summoner 2 has endo stell skeleton so you have 4 more tons space, which is huge gamechanger in the game.
So i dont think they will be so generous that let us use the regular Executioner omnipods on the so called legendary.
But we can hope.

Lmao? No, it'll allow omni loadouts with the exe.

View PostMartaloc, on 17 January 2024 - 02:23 PM, said:

The problem here it is that almost 100% that this mech cant use the Executioner omnipods because than this mech will be to op.
This mech is not the Executioner, this is the Executioner B. Absolut different omnimech from the lore.
This is not only slower because has lower engine,but this has no jump jets and Masc either.
So with the Executioner omnipods you can do a much more metamech from this one and from my experience MWO wont allow this , so you will stuck forever with that cofiguration only what on the mech.
Yes , you can change the ppcs to lasers etc.etc.but still not that good when you can the torsos omnipods to drop the useless misilles or anything.
Then why dont make the company the Summoner 2 clan omnimech as legendary too?
Absolut identical with the regular Summoner except the Summoner 2 has endo stell skeleton so you have 4 more tons space, which is huge gamechanger in the game.
So i dont think they will be so generous that let us use the regular Executioner omnipods on the so called legendary.
But we can hope.

Trust me, I know what I am talking about because the cauldron, people who made that legend, said it can.

#91 Noob 4ever

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 06:36 PM

Ok the new weapons have got me excited for things to come and trying out new things. Hopefully their integration is a bit smoother than the last batch but I'm glad to see us get more variety.

For the february mech of the month, why not another dual release? I propose Summoner and Thunderbolt.

#92 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:04 PM

Well holy wow!

#93 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:26 PM

I can confirm that the EXE-B-C(LGD) will share omnipods with other Executioners.

#94 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:49 PM

Feb Mech: MAD-9S. 'nuff said....

#95 Ilostmycactus

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:18 PM

I want a free Crusader or (really nice) free Stone Rhino for February.

Why are there no changes or improvements to flamers? It's a weapon system that gets constantly overlooked. If the heat mechanic is too oppressive then it needs to be changed to an energy machinegun or damage over time weapon. Something. Anything.

New weapons are cool. I'm looking forward to the thunderbolts. Maybe they could have aoe splash damage if you miss your target?

#96 Pelmeshek

• 2,257 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:16 AM

Light AC/2 and AC/5 are nice to see but where AC precursors, rifles?
Also about Thunderbolts: AMS can counter it or not?

#97 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 01:59 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 17 January 2024 - 09:52 AM, said:

okay i'm not too please about all the guass varients IS is getting but overall i like the new weapon ideas I'm glad you decided to add Protomech Acs....

Why?
Have you seen stats of those gauss variants or why are you not pleased? Why are you pleased with clan getting AP gauss rifle but not pleased IS getting magshot gauss rifle. Both have identical description.

#98 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:02 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 17 January 2024 - 01:02 PM, said:

"The fun of it". All that is is just ruining fun for others.

How true to the lore heat damage is "ruining fun", while 2+km instant high alpha damage from bespoke multi-ERPPC/Gauss boats (specifically crafted to exploit this game M_E_T_A) is not? There is nothing more ruining the fun of the game for everyone (including their own team) than a bunch of such tryhard snipers camping at high points.

#99 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:41 AM

Of course, I will read this news later, but tell me now, is there at least one word about match balance and matchmaker improvements, the division of group and solo quick play?

#100 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 04:42 AM

Good stuff, but now it's time to finally save faction play. Start by reducing teams to 10v10 and adding more rewards. That'll get more people playing & reduce wait times. Then you can start collecting feedback on what actually needs to be fixed in the game mode.

And don't let the cauldron control everything too much. Obviously they are all comp players so they don't care about FP. But it's worth saving.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users