Patch Notes - 1.4.291.0 - 23-January-2024

172 replies to this topic

#41 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 10:03 AM

View PostDenebios, on 21 January 2024 - 07:09 AM, said:

Just a small question- what is the UNIQUE QUIRK for the EXE-B ? I don't get it, can someone explain? A (LDG) mech should have a unique quirk - did this change?

We pivoted from this around July I think, a legendary mech can be unique by hardpoint combination, outlier quirks, unique equipment, or other qualifiers. As long as the mech has something no other mech in MWO has at the time.

View PostTirothion, on 21 January 2024 - 09:35 AM, said:

Lol what is this stock build? The legendary mechs have so far been pretty well optimized in terms of stock builds so the standard heat sinks, standard engine, and empty slots have me confused.
Posted Image

For a mech that’s a homebrew or recreation of a lore mech(like the sovereign) we do optimized builds. For a true lore variant, like the Li Dok To, we try to go with the authentic tabletop build if we can. An example of this is the loyalty Jenner A, which had a tabletop build compared to all the other loyalty mechs.

#42 Viltor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 10:26 AM

Why don't you remove LRM so everyone can snipe each other from 1000 distance?

#43 Viltor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 10:31 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 20 January 2024 - 10:45 PM, said:

Nice to see LRMs getting a buff. A bit of velo is a small sacrifice to be able to keep locks better, especially against small fast targets.

Where did LRMs get a buff? Is this a troll post?

View Postw0qj, on 21 January 2024 - 12:38 AM, said:

Good tradeoff to increase LRM effectiveness? Time will tell...

MWO Patch Log:
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

LRM weapons got indirect buffs:
IS & Clan: ECM range decreased to 90m (down from 120m). ie: -55% protection surface area!
IS & Clan: Radar Depriviation decreased to 80% max (ie: 80% = 16% x 5 skill nodes)
IS & Clan: LRM5/LRM10/LRM15/LRM20: trajectory height flattened to 100m (down from 150m).

LRM weapons got these nerfs:
IS & Clan: LRM velocity reduced on patch dates: Jan-2024 <-- Aug-2023 <-- Summer-2023
IS & Clan: LRM (indirect) velocity: 160 m/s (down from 160 m/s <-- 190 m/s <-- 210 m/s)
IS & Clan: LRM (direct) velocity: 224 m/s (down from 224 m/s <-- 266? m/s <-- 294? m/s)
IS & Clan: artemis-LRM (indirect) velocity: 190 m/s (down from 190 m/s <-- 226? m/s <-- 250? m/s)
IS & Clan: artemis-LRM (direct) velocity: 266 m/s (down from 266 m/s <-- 316? m/s <-- 350? m/s)

You won't be able to shoot LRMs over most obstacles. It's a big big nerf.

#44 Viltor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 10:37 AM

I'm thinking of making a Jump Jet LRM boat, so you can compensate this flight trajectory height nerf.

#45 BigSpam

• PipPip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 11:01 AM

View PostViltor, on 21 January 2024 - 10:26 AM, said:

Why don't you remove LRM so everyone can snipe each other from 1000 distance?

I have a confession to make. It's been quite a while since my last confession... In the past, I occasionally enjoyed running LRMs/ATMs.

However, the shame heaped upon "lock on" players by a sizeable portion of the community eventually caused me to avoid them altogether. This coupled with the repeated nerfs imposed upon lock on weapons in general, eliminated any enjoyment I might have found in this aspect of the game. The efforts to balance defensive measures that make lock on weapons mostly pointless (I'm looking at you ECM and Radar Deprivation) may help those "lazy players" who don't have the fortitude to melt their opponents from +1000m away /s. I guess time will tell if the preemptive nerf to LRMs is really necessary.

Before I comment on this next bit, let me just state that I am grateful for the continued attention that this game gets. Though I may not always agree with the changes, I appreciate the intent for continuous improvement. With that said, there is very little here that really addresses the issue with survivability in matches. The weapon balance in general at the moment just seems to be a bit "overcooked". It's really frustrating that matches take longer to find than to actually play...

Edited by BigSpam, 21 January 2024 - 11:07 AM.

#46 ScrubbinBubbles

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 01:42 PM

View PostArtemus Prime, on 20 January 2024 - 09:06 PM, said:

Aksum is strong AF, all torso mounted dakka with great convergence, and now it gets two more slots. The heat quirk from what I understand was unintended, with the appropriate amount of DHS it works well. Not like you should be able to shoot it forever anyway. I bet the internal stats on Aksum are way above most Assaults. Heck why do you think so many people running it?

Because it's the only stone rhino with c-bill boost currently available for less than half a day's labour or more?
Also by removing a component from the arm you lose chances to absorb crit damage and now will take an ammo hit in it's place which makes for less survival chance. Kind of a big nerf to the sheild arms with the increase in targeting computers these days thanks to streamer gurus.

As far as XLPL and MXPL, they are in a good place imo. RACs are fine too. DPS weapons like those take time to put out damage, so they require a lot of face time to be effective.

Which would be true if their effective range wasn't 800m+ and people only ran 1, but most builds are 2 to 3 which are basically delete buttons for whatever component they are aiming at, especially for RACs when you factor in the increased crit chance with computers and the recent fire speed buffs they got. Run 1 LXPL with a level 5 or 6 computer and watch how fast the damage adds up. I've solo'd Atlas from 800m with 2x LXPL because the damage dropoff is barely present.

Edited by ScrubbinBubbles, 21 January 2024 - 01:42 PM.

#47 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 January 2024 - 01:56 PM

Don't understand what are you talking about? Pls clarify? Thx.

View PostScrubbinBubbles, on 21 January 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

Because it's the only stone rhino with c-bill boost currently available for less than half a day's labour or more?
Also by removing a component from the arm you lose chances to absorb crit damage and now will take an ammo hit in it's place which makes for less survival chance. Kind of a big nerf to the sheild arms with the increase in targeting computers these days thanks to streamer gurus. ...

#48 Artemus Prime

• PipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:52 PM

Regarding LRM Buffs

Considering that the maximum flight trajectory height was reduced by 1/3 means that missiles will have less travel distance. Even if they have a reduced velocity, they will track targets further with the radar deprivation nerf before breaking lock.

Reduction in velocity increases their accuracy when correcting their trajectory against faster moving targets. Consider the increase in accuracy because even the fastest lights don't move faster than LRMs do:
  • Indirect: 160 m/s = 576 kph
  • Indirect +Artemis: 190 m/s = 684 kph
  • Direct: 224 m/s = 806.4 kph
  • Direct +Artemis = 266 m/s = 957.6 kph
Posted Image

Let’s not forget about the indirect buffs to LRMs:
  • The ECM bubble has been reduced on ECM mechs, making it so non-ECM mechs do not have protection without being clustered up (generally not a good thing).
  • Radar Deprivation is being nerfed, increasing the amount of time missiles will travel before breaking locks.
Overall: Buffs

All weapons, including indirect fire LRMs, cannot fire past hard cover (even in their current state). That being the point of hard cover in a First-Person Shooter. Concealment on the other hand doesn't provide hard cover. For example, when a group of enemy mechs is in a ditch on Canyon Network they do not have cover if LRMs are fired indirectly. This should still be the case with a reduced max height flight trajectory.

Something to consider about weapons balance (which has appropriately nerfed other weapons systems):

Of all weapons in the game, LRMs will still be the only weapon able to hit targets without exposing to the target. A target cannot trade fire with the mech firing indirectly. Besides teammates holding locks and disabling enemy ECM with PPCs, let’s not forget UAVs, and NARC beacons to further assist indirect LRMs.

Honestly, why should anyone be allowed to sit comfortably behind cover while other people are out there trading armor? Funny thing is, they are buffing LRMs and people just don’t realize it.

Edited by Artemus Prime, 21 January 2024 - 05:53 PM.

#49 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 06:48 PM

View PostScrubbinBubbles, on 21 January 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

Also by removing a component from the arm you lose chances to absorb crit damage and now will take an ammo hit in it's place which makes for less survival chance. Kind of a big nerf to the sheild arms with the increase in targeting computers these days thanks to streamer gurus.

Which would be true if their effective range wasn't 800m+ and people only ran 1, but most builds are 2 to 3 which are basically delete buttons for whatever component they are aiming at, especially for RACs when you factor in the increased crit chance with computers and the recent fire speed buffs they got. Run 1 LXPL with a level 5 or 6 computer and watch how fast the damage adds up. I've solo'd Atlas from 800m with 2x LXPL because the damage dropoff is barely present.

Arm actuators can't be crit.

#50 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 06:59 PM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 20 January 2024 - 09:45 PM, said:

That's a really hard nerf to LRMs.

notice that radar derp also got a big nerf.

#51 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 493 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for another nerf radar dep.

I never sympathized with the lurmwarriors. But even I must note that you went too far with this nerf.
And even the next immediately nerf radar dep. cannot be considered worthy compensation.
My conclusion: Nerf radar. dep sucks. The Lurm nerf sucks.

The Cauldron turned in the wrong direction.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 21 January 2024 - 07:31 PM.

#52 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:00 PM

View PostRed October, on 21 January 2024 - 06:36 AM, said:

LRM nerfs and buff HAG again, this time adding splash and that's just what Askum needed, two more open slots, sure, why not.

Cauldron is completely off the rails.

HAGs were overall nerfed. They now do less pinpoint damage.

Aksum lost its -10% heat gen quirk which is much larger nerf than gaining two slots.

#53 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 08:54 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 21 January 2024 - 08:45 PM, said:

[Redacted]

Cauldron is the only reason this game is alive. If you like it or not, this is how it is.

Also, the exe and spitfire are lore based too.

And gausszilla. And the urbies.

#54 Arnetheus

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 11:51 PM

View Postoltalmazo, on 21 January 2024 - 03:36 AM, said:

Nerf more weapons pls and we wont play this game, because we will only use 2-3 weapons. Useless weapons are LRM and Streak SRM.

Nerf machine guns, binary laser.

Nerf light mechs. Make them bigger.

Huh? Pull this man away from kitchen, don't let him cook.
At least till he sobers up.

View PostRed October, on 21 January 2024 - 09:17 AM, said:

If you feel being able to deal damage to components you cannot see if a nerf, that's on you I suppose.

Yes, people not being able to put all dmg into singular component is a nerf.
If you think 2+2=5, that's on you.

I have heard Cauldrons bemoan that lower tiers can't be bothered to twist, so now, even if you do, damaged locations you are trying to protect get hit. Sorry, sounds like a buff to me.

Not lower tiers, players in general.
Well, it's a buff to players with worse aim, if you want to put it that way, sure.

#55 Mc Wolf

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 12:17 AM

I made a bet, they will nerf stone rhino when it comes out to the store :D thank you for let me win
next time pls dont make a p2w mech, so you dont have to nerf it later when there are no more money from it

#56 Mc Wolf

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 12:22 AM

View PostRed October, on 21 January 2024 - 06:36 AM, said:

LRM nerfs and buff HAG again, this time adding splash and that's just what Askum needed, two more open slots, sure, why not.

Cauldron is completely off the rails.

its 20% hag nerf. you cant deliver the dmg where you want it

#57 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 January 2024 - 12:39 AM

View PostMc Wolf, on 22 January 2024 - 12:17 AM, said:

I made a bet, they will nerf stone rhino when it comes out to the store Posted Image thank you for let me win
next time pls dont make a p2w mech, so you dont have to nerf it later when there are no more money from it

They only nerfed one variant slightly. And said variant is still sold only for real money. If your bet was about the chassis in general you lost it.

Reading is hard.

Edited by Samziel, 22 January 2024 - 12:48 AM.

#58 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 22 January 2024 - 02:01 AM

I see PGI has found yet another way to nerf the allready over-nerfed LRMs.. At this point, why not just turn them into long-range MRMs, or remove them altogether?

You clearly want to YET AGAIN cater to the facehug crew.. Nerfing missile velocity and flight arcs is the hardest nerf you can possible impose on lock-on weapons, and no amount of radar derp and ECM softening will counter that if my missiles take forever to get to their target and can't fly over stuff, forcing me into direct-fire or into pop-tarting with Assault mechs.. This effectively takes several LRM-Based mechs that don't have jump jets out of the game, making them useless..

Keep in mind we already have a low-arc weapon used for this - ATMs..

Gotta say.. really not feeling the love PGI.. You're making a difficult weapon to use a lot more harder to use.

I guess I really have to start looking for alternative mech games to play with my wife...

Shame on you.

#59 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 January 2024 - 04:21 AM

I guess LV Lou is Vuit ton boots for the Executioner Sovereign qualifies as a Legendary mech then Posted Image

Never knew the great house LV went with the Clans in the great exodus Posted Image

View PostFrost_Byte, on 21 January 2024 - 10:03 AM, said:

We pivoted from this around July I think, a legendary mech can be unique by hardpoint combination, outlier quirks, unique equipment, or other qualifiers. As long as the mech has something no other mech in MWO has at the time.
For a mech that’s a homebrew or recreation of a lore mech(like the sovereign) we do optimized builds. For a true lore variant, like the Li Dok To, we try to go with the authentic tabletop build if we can. An example of this is the loyalty Jenner A, which had a tabletop build compared to all the other loyalty mechs.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 January 2024 - 06:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 22 January 2024 - 04:22 AM.

#60 Hawok79

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWo sind wir daheim,Frankfurt am Main!

Posted 22 January 2024 - 06:07 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 January 2024 - 06:30 PM, said:

WEAPON ADJUSTMENTS

HYPER ASSAULT GAUSS RIFLE 20
  • Introduced a splash mechanic similar to C-ER PPC and SNPPC. Each slug now does 4 damage to the component it hits and 0.5 damage to adjacent components each, instead of 5 damage up front.
  • Decreased time interval between slugs in a burst to 0.13s (from 0.14)

HYPER ASSAULT GAUSS RIFLE 30
  • Introduced a splash mechanic similar to C-ER PPC and SNPPC. Each slug now does 4 damage to the component it hits and 0.5 damage to adjacent components each, instead of 5 damage up front.
  • Decreased time interval between slugs in a burst to 0.12s (from 0.14)

HYPER ASSAULT GAUSS RIFLE 40
  • Decreased time interval between slugs in a burst to 0.11s (from 0.14)

Now you completly lost it...

Edited by Hawok79, 22 January 2024 - 06:07 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users