Black Knight Needs Buff

286 replies to this topic

#281 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:54 PM

View PostJiffy, on 30 March 2024 - 10:40 PM, said:

Actually stats like that are quite possible when you're a top 100 player.

In quick play??? My team are always dying 0-12

How can one player possibly turn that

#282 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 653 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 12:27 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 10:54 PM, said:

In quick play??? My team are always dying 0-12

How can one player possibly turn that

Step 1. Get a Battlemaster-3M

Step 2. ???

Step 3. Always win 12-0.

#283 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 07:16 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 11:24 PM, said:

[Redacted]

I would appreciate a real answer

Mindset, Sensitivity, patience, map knowledge, actual mech knowledge, build knowledge, when to peek, when to shoot, how far to twist, when to twist back, knowing the builds at a glance, knowing optimal range to fight. These are things good players pick up over time, or by watching good players play in videos or on twitch. Bad players will often use victim mentality, refuse to change up their builds, wrong build on a mech (I.e. a stare build on a mech that cannot afford to stare, bad weapon mixing, etc) a whole number of things. This is a pretty easy shooter once you get past the mech building mechanics.

#284 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 07:41 AM

View PostMisterSomaru, on 31 March 2024 - 07:16 AM, said:

Mindset, Sensitivity, patience, map knowledge, actual mech knowledge, build knowledge, when to peek, when to shoot, how far to twist, when to twist back, knowing the builds at a glance, knowing optimal range to fight. These are things good players pick up over time, or by watching good players play in videos or on twitch. Bad players will often use victim mentality, refuse to change up their builds, wrong build on a mech (I.e. a stare build on a mech that cannot afford to stare, bad weapon mixing, etc) a whole number of things. This is a pretty easy shooter once you get past the mech building mechanics.

See, this is a good comment aside from the passive aggressive victim mentality shot

Im the farthest thing from a victim mentality. I suggest everyone relax and see me for who I am, a slightly misinformed 80th percentile MechWarrior valiantly holding his ground on the slippery slopes of the intellectual bell curve.

I am extremely stubborn. When I think something is true, im not moving. And I expected more support from the community on this because despite whether or not the top 1% of players can make the Black Knight work the fact is I believe that the Black Knight is far too large.

I think that top 1% players shouldn't be seen as the essential source for informed balancing decisions. Who can possibly regularly kill 3 mechs and get 700 dmg in 100/100 qp matches without hacking. These mwo geniuses I guess. Still doesnt even seem remotely possible.

I have many matches where i get 600-1200 dmg. Ive got more than 3 kills occasionally. But qp is kind of a nightmare sometimes

How could they play that many matches in qp alone without getting over run when your team is fighting every engagement 2v 5. You know how it goes

I don't believe theyre hacking. Btw. More of a compliment because those numbers blow my mind tbh

I genuinely didnt cherry pick my stats. I'm merely clicked on stats and searched my name. Yes I'll be honest it didn't seem correct to me based off what I've seen, but I've never used jarls before

Im not a victim, you all can enjoy a good laugh at my expense and call me ******** in game ( which all i seemed to have accomplished here) i dont mind. Everything ive said was with an air of humor and with the intent to promote more discussion on buffing the black knight. I imagine being stubborn would embolden some people hiding from you 1% self appointed mwo tyrants.

And I still think youre wrong. You will ruin this game with your try hard git good mentality, and anyone with creative differences will be subject to your whims and the inevitable desecration of the next pvp mechwarrior game.

Thats why I need your help
Instead of bombing me with the typical git good scrub. Try to not be so insecure. And see further. If we gain support for a rescale at some point in the future now, it will help put the black knight and other mechs that need work in a better place down the road

Even if it wont happen now, the least you could do is see that and try to reach a common ground.

#285 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 31 March 2024 - 07:59 AM

Respectfully, is BLXNTRR and new/alt account? You’ve been a member of this forum since 2020 but your Jarl’s record only starts in December 2023.

Nothing wrong with that, I’m just curious since you said in an earlier post that you could have been in T1 a year ago.

If in fact you only started playing four months ago and are already in T1, then well done.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 31 March 2024 - 08:03 AM.

#286 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 08:03 AM

What Marcin? Im asking the man a question. Does he use performance enhancing substances? Hes like 99.97 percentile

View PostCFC Conky, on 31 March 2024 - 07:59 AM, said:

Respectfully, is BLXNTRR and new/alt account? You’ve been a member of this forum since 2020 but your Jarl’s record only starts in December 2023.

Nothing wrong with that, I’m just curious since you said in an earlier post that you could have been in T1 a year ago.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Not an alt. Simply changed name because i like Reginald Vanjaster storyline and I main black knights. If you want to know my original name its Quest614

#287 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 08:04 AM

This thread has surpassed all constructivity and has entered the world of petty infights. This is now locked.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users