127 replies to this topic

#21 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 06:08 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 16 March 2024 - 01:48 AM, said:

The free Duncan Fisher mech is a cbill boosted TDR-9S with the hotrod camo, like you see him piloting in one of the opening shots of the trailer. Since it's just a TDR-9S(S) and not a "new" mech, it was not included in the patch notes content.

All I wanted to know, thanks.

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,431 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 March 2024 - 06:46 AM

The OTOMO mech pack is very intriguing...

~MAL-1P(O): I've always wanted +30% CBills bonus for this mech. (Thank you MWO!)
~HTM-28TR(O): Finally gets the ECM and +30% CBills bonus treatment!

OTOMO PACK
Speaking of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, the Otomo 'Mechs (from The Dragon's Gambit)have arrived to MWO. Available with the patch for $20, the Otomo Pack will include (Link will be available with patch):

6 'MECHS
Dragon DRG-1N(O)
Catapult CPLT-K2(O)
Charger CGR-3K(O)
Hatamoto Chi HTM-28TR(O)
Battlemaster BLR-2C(O)
Mauler MAL-1P(O)
6 'MECH BAYS
7 BOLT-ONS
1 DECAL
6 OTOMO Skins + unlock for 6 Chassis (Same as OTOMO variants)

View PostTiy0s, on 16 March 2024 - 11:24 AM, said:

The Otomo mechs will have a cbill boost.

Edited by w0qj, 16 March 2024 - 04:05 PM.

#23 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 543 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 06:54 AM

"BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue where areas of the Black Knight lost paint ability after Red Reaper release"

I think the battlemaster's model has similar issues that need to be addressed.

#24 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 March 2024 - 06:55 AM

View Postw0qj, on 16 March 2024 - 06:46 AM, said:

The OTOMO mech pack is very intriguing...

~MAL-1P(S): I've always wanted +30% CBills bonus for this mech. (Thank you MWO!)
~HTM-28TR(S): Finally gets the ECM and +30% CBills bonus treatment!

Are you sure they have the CB bonus? I looked for that specifically and I don't see it. (And it would be the only reason I'd buy the pack).

#25 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 10:02 AM

IMHO TNS-4S need "energy hsl+1" instead laser hsl.

#26 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 10:54 AM

View PostTerran123rd, on 15 March 2024 - 10:00 PM, said:

The new weapons are very interesting. The TBLRMs, tiny gauss, and beam lasers will be fun to experiment with.

But I'm a little concerned about the lack of mention about the Duncan Fisher mech. I thought we were supposed to get a mech AND a warhorn, not just a warhorn.

We are.

#27 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 16 March 2024 - 11:24 AM

View PostTercieI, on 16 March 2024 - 06:55 AM, said:

Are you sure they have the CB bonus? I looked for that specifically and I don't see it. (And it would be the only reason I'd buy the pack).

#28 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 March 2024 - 11:32 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 16 March 2024 - 11:24 AM, said:

That’s awesome! And thanks for the clarification.

#29 Vite Ramen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 11:45 AM

PATCH SALE 50% OFF C-BILL and MC prices on All Engines, All Weapons (including the NEW!), All Consumables, 'Mech Bays, Premium Time, GSP, and all of the 'Mechs that are updated in this patch.

Please include all MASC mechs in the sale as well since they are all being updated.
Thanks, your pal Vite Ramen

#30 Poseidolon

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 04:38 PM

The free Duncan Fisher mech is a cbill boosted TDR-9S with the hotrod camo, like you see him piloting in one of the opening shots of the trailer. Since it's just a TDR-9S(S) and not a "new" mech, it was not included in the patch notes content.

So, calling it a "hero" mech was a bit of an exaggeration, then.

#31 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 05:43 PM

View PostPoseidolon, on 16 March 2024 - 04:38 PM, said:

So, calling it a "hero" mech was a bit of an exaggeration, then.

PGI used the same phrasing for the Warhammer 6R(S) we got as a holiday reward. Calling it a 'Special' in the future may make things a little clearer.

#32 imhoopjones

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 07:50 PM

I'm hoopjones 🏀

#33 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 740 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 March 2024 - 09:05 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 March 2024 - 07:09 PM, said:

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed an issue where areas of the Black Knight lost paint ability after Red Reaper release

Can you please fix this same issue on the Centurion loyalty variant? Onyx has been out for quite longer so the loyalty Centurion paint has been borked for far longer than the Black Knights and it still gets no love.

Edited by PraetorGix, 16 March 2024 - 09:23 PM.

#34 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 740 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 16 March 2024 - 09:21 PM

So, it's not the Warhammer Fisher actually pilots in MW5, nor the mysterious super beefed-up mech we go to the swamp to get for Duncan, which he ends up never using. It's a mech we see for a bit in a cutscene...
Free stuff is free and always welcome, but I really don't see the common sense in this choice of "hero" mech. And no matter how free it is, calling it a hero when it is just a special edition of a common mech is disappointing.

View PostFelbombling, on 16 March 2024 - 05:23 AM, said:

My overall thinking is that Thunderbolts will need to be modified in the coming patches, though, as I'm having a hard time seeing their usefulness over already existing missile options.

They know very well that these missiles have no usefulness or advantage over the other (very bad) lock on missiles. Don't forget these were balanced by the Cauldron so I would forget about these being anything remotely good or even distinctive in the future. These are underwhelming by design, not by mistake.

Edited by PraetorGix, 16 March 2024 - 09:35 PM.

#35 crazytimes IIC

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 10:15 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 16 March 2024 - 09:21 PM, said:

So, it's not the Warhammer Fisher actually pilots in MW5, nor the mysterious super beefed-up mech we go to the swamp to get for Duncan, which he ends up never using. It's a mech we see for a bit in a cutscene...
Free stuff is free and always welcome, but I really don't see the common sense in this choice of "hero" mech. And no matter how free it is, calling it a hero when it is just a special edition of a common mech is disappointing.

They know very well that these missiles have no usefulness or advantage over the other (very bad) lock on missiles. Don't forget these were balanced by the Cauldron so I would forget about these being anything remotely good or even distinctive in the future. These are underwhelming by design, not by mistake.

They're the IS ATM niche. I would have liked to have seen MMLs instead of thunderbolt, with a similar range/damage bracket mechanism as ATMs, but I don't see thunderbolt in this format being totally useless. It will likely take some balance passes before they're adjusted for AMS and speed, but I think they're going to be better than no new content.

#36 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2024 - 01:16 AM

I'm very excited!

Few things i'm concerned:

Thunderbolt missiles don't have anything that makes them good.
Coming with 11t for TB15 compared to 7t of LRM or 10t of MRM30... why ever use TB?
Either 'better' against ams, faster, or just single missile with splash...

Magshot Gauss vs MG/Ac2/Lac2,
Only PPFLD vs MGs and much less range than LMG or the AC2s.
Not sure if they will be useful. Boating prefers MGs and ppfld preferes range.

PPC vs lasers (who got buffed).
You either use SNPPC or LL/BLC boating.
There is no reason for std orHeavy PPCs.
Lets add splash to All PPCs.

PPC-X from MW5 is ridiculously strong for some reason. Like 20-30dmg.
But the great part is that its a 8-bullet shotgun ppc.
Why wasnt this added, if MW5 release and MWO patch correlate so closely?

#37 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 17 March 2024 - 04:41 AM

Plasma Cannon? But no IS Plasma Rifle? The original weapon the Plasma Cannon was based on?

#38 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 March 2024 - 08:33 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 March 2024 - 11:31 PM, said:

Is not it funny? You have Clan HAGs that are explicitly supposed to fire their medium range cluster shots in a shotgun-like pattern and you have turned them into zero-spread long-range sniping weapons.

And now you take IS Thunderbolt missiles that are explicitly described as firing one big undivided missile (actually, this is their main selling point) and break them into multiple small missiles.

-------snip------

What you did with the IS SBGR is how Clans HAGs are supposed to be - because, you know, HAGs are supposed to fire the spread of 5-point pellets. IS SBGR that is supposed fire as a ranged LBX autocannon.

Now you have a weapon that is not as good as HAG in the ranged combat and it is not as good as the spread damage critseeking LBX autocannon in the medium range combat.

-------snip------

What you have created is not Clan Plasma Cannon. It is IS Plasma Gun.

Clan Plasma Cannons are suposed to work as huge ranged flamers that can often deal a lot of heat, but no damage. IS Plasma Guns dish out damage and some tiny bit of heat.

Can't believe that they will get away with all these lore violations...... Posted Image

#39 Naryck

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 March 2024 - 10:36 AM

well, finally DRG-1N gets back the only buff that makes it somehow competitive with all these clan tech and new IS tech that just can't be fitted into old chassis (like 2xRAC5s)

#40 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 342 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 17 March 2024 - 02:24 PM

Noice... now when can we expect the rest of the MW5 Hero mech and exclusives to start trickling back into MWO?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users