#41 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,880 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 March 2024 - 06:26 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 16 March 2024 - 09:21 PM, said:

They know very well that these missiles have no usefulness or advantage over the other (very bad) lock on missiles. Don't forget these were balanced by the Cauldron so I would forget about these being anything remotely good or even distinctive in the future. These are underwhelming by design, not by mistake.

Genetic fallacy or ideological reasoning - you decide!

Seriously, your arguments should stand or fail on their own without an appeal to common knowledge (third option!) If you're relying on bad logic.. it means your arguments fail.

#42 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 March 2024 - 07:48 PM

The appearance of new guns is encouraging.
PAK-8 misunderstood. Do you give a weapon that has less than 10 damage a range less than a weapon that has 20 damage? This weapon cannot be compared with the AC-10 at all. The PAK-8's range is simply half that of the AС-10.
Is it possible that you indicated the range of the PAK-8 with an error?
I don’t quite understand why you punished MASK III and IV so much?
Heroic Thunderbolt. Can someone explain to me that before reading these patch notes, I was sure that 3 hero mechs were promised?

How is the investigation of groups in a solo quick play?
What's with the streaks? Are they still not worthy of being on the battlefield?

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 18 March 2024 - 05:33 PM.

#43 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,708 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 March 2024 - 04:08 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 March 2024 - 07:09 PM, said:

SILVER BULLET GAUSS RIFLE

A modified Gauss Rifle with spread and a much shorter cooldown.

Tech: Inner Sphere
Tonnage: 15 tons
Slots: 7 slots
Damage: 15 damage(5 per shell)
Number of Rounds: 3 rounds fired in a spread pattern
Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
Optimal Range: 810m
Max Range: 1620m
Heat: 1
Ghost Heat: NA

View Postmartian, on 15 March 2024 - 11:31 PM, said:

Is not it funny? You have Clan HAGs that are explicitly supposed to fire their medium range cluster shots in a shotgun-like pattern and you have turned them into zero-spread long-range sniping weapons.

And now you take IS Thunderbolt missiles that are explicitly described as firing one big undivided missile (actually, this is their main selling point) and break them into multiple small missiles.

LOL

LOL

What you did with the IS SBGR is how Clans HAGs are supposed to be - because, you know, HAGs are supposed to fire the spread of 5-point pellets. IS SBGR that is supposed fire as a ranged LBX autocannon.

Now you have a weapon that is not as good as HAG in the ranged combat and it is not as good as the spread damage critseeking LBX autocannon in the medium range combat.

Anyway, thanks for amusing me

Technically, the HAGs were supposed to be like similar to Rotary Autocannons while the Silver Bullet is compared more to LBX Autocannon. The difference, at least on the tabletop, how that damage is applied. Both spread their damage, with HAGS damage being divided up into 5ppoints/hit location, whereas the SB damage is broken up into 1point/location. And the HAGS actually had a negative to-hit modifier at long range.

The Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle is a variation on the Gauss rifle developed by Clan Hell's Horses in 3068. Hoping to stay ahead of the increasing technological curve, they apparently used similar design principles to the Lyran Alliance's Heavy Gauss Rifle. To compensate for its drawbacks, however, Horse scientists used a series of capacitors and launching tubes to fire a multitude of smaller-caliber Gauss slugs. The resulting high rate of fire, akin almost to Rotary Autocannons, made these weapons very effective against battle armor and Combat Vehicles.

Truthfully, how many IS mechs consistently equip Gauss Rifles? Thanatos is about the only one that consistently comes to mind. There are a few others but they would be assaults. That is not even close to the number of Clan mechs which equips HAGS, from mediums to assaults. And since FP does not really come into play, there really isn't really to hold them back. Both were design around anti-infantry/air/tank.

Hey, look what they did with the HAG? Maybe after a few rounds the SB cluster shots could be reign into a tight group Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 March 2024 - 04:12 AM.

#44 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 March 2024 - 04:39 AM

Waiting for Mauler Device, Death Ray and Stellar Converter.

Is it still Mechwarrior?

#45 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,880 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:21 AM

Guys, gatekeeping is still asinine when its aimed at a developer instead of just fans. Simply adapting a weapon system to MWO instead of trying to plug in Battletech numbers by rote doesn't mean it's "NoT BAtTleTeCH AnY MoRE1!" The lengths to which players will go for a righteous indignation fix in this game continually astound me.

Any reasonable person should be able to look at the existing weapon systems and think, "Oh, hey, HAGs already deal their damage in chunks; that's probably why they switched it up so that the Clan weapon works like an LB-X." If this did not occur to you, it is because you didn't think about it - you weren't trying to be reasonable, to understand. You just wanted to gatekeep based on a tabletop ruleset that doesn't fully apply here.

Edited by Void Angel, 18 March 2024 - 08:21 AM.

#46 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 18 March 2024 - 02:03 PM

VND-1AA

• Increased Cooldown to -20% (from -10%)
  • Added -30% heat
  • Added 30% Weapon velocity
Holy hand grenades, Batman!

Just... wow. I'll be dusting this fellow off for sure!

#47 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,708 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 March 2024 - 02:46 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 18 March 2024 - 08:21 AM, said:

Guys, gatekeeping is still asinine when its aimed at a developer instead of just fans. Simply adapting a weapon system to MWO instead of trying to plug in Battletech numbers by rote doesn't mean it's "NoT BAtTleTeCH AnY MoRE1!" The lengths to which players will go for a righteous indignation fix in this game continually astound me.

Any reasonable person should be able to look at the existing weapon systems and think, "Oh, hey, HAGs already deal their damage in chunks; that's probably why they switched it up so that the Clan weapon works like an LB-X." If this did not occur to you, it is because you didn't think about it - you weren't trying to be reasonable, to understand. You just wanted to gatekeep based on a tabletop ruleset that doesn't fully apply here.

Thus my follow up. HAGs were supposed to be more like RACs, not LBX. Via another thread, it was discussed on why the HAGS hadnt been setup to shoot more pellets, to make it closer to RACS. They already closed up the gap spread on the pellets /shrugs. Another possible option could be to treat it like cERPPC, 4pts w/1pt spread damage/pelllet or something along that line since the spread gap had been closed up.

I am of the same mind that the all 3 non-STD engines currently in play should survive the lost of their 1st Side Torso when sitting at or near 0 heatsink (included that part vs someone riding the max heat scale), and set the XL w/50% penalties while dropping both the cXL/LFE to 30 or 25% penalties, at least with the heat dissipation penalties. Movement penalties could match the heat penalties or be setup differently.

#48 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,880 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 March 2024 - 06:54 PM

Hey, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

#49 Corporal Adrian Shephard

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:31 PM

Bring back the incursion!

#50 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 12:08 AM

How do I get the JM6-DE(L)?

#51 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,213 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 02:46 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 19 March 2024 - 12:08 AM, said:

How do I get the JM6-DE(L)?

Not possible - at least not now.

This reward 'Mech was awarded in Autumn 2023. You can not buy it.

Eventually, it will be available in the MWO game store, but no exact date has been given. Maybe in Summer, if you would like to hear some guess. Or perhaps in Autumn.

#52 sgt Thorvald

• PipPip
  • Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 19 March 2024 - 11:41 AM

Who got the DUNCAN FISHER HERO MECH? I'm not there, even though I was involved in adding DLC.

Edited by sgt Thorvald, 19 March 2024 - 11:41 AM.

#53 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,213 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 11:49 AM

View Postsgt Thorvald, on 19 March 2024 - 11:41 AM, said:

Who got the DUNCAN FISHER HERO MECH? I'm not there, even though I was involved in adding DLC.

I patched the game one hour ago.

When logging in, I got this message:
Posted Image

The new Thunderbolt has appeared my hangar. No problem here.

Are you sure that you posted your message in this thread?
Guess Who's Back - Wishlist Solaris Showdown!

#54 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,880 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 March 2024 - 11:51 AM

View Postsgt Thorvald, on 19 March 2024 - 11:41 AM, said:

Sometimes delivery is delayed - it's normal, and not just in this game. If it doesn't show up in a few matches, check your thread post, and email support.

#55 sgt Thorvald

• PipPip
  • Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 19 March 2024 - 12:06 PM

Thanks I rebooted again and it appeared. Panicked early )

Edited by sgt Thorvald, 19 March 2024 - 12:07 PM.

#56 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,213 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 12:11 PM

View Postsgt Thorvald, on 19 March 2024 - 12:06 PM, said:

Thanks I rebooted again and it appeared. Panicked early )

Happy to hear that all is well. Posted Image

#57 Lord of Death

• PipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 March 2024 - 12:18 PM

Ummm PGI, you forgot to put the Heavy Metal on sale.... You put the Dragon Slayer on sale instead!!! LMAO

#58 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,880 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 March 2024 - 12:58 PM

Heavy Metal is one of the event rewards, though.

#59 Solomon Birch

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 March 2024 - 04:58 PM

Why does the Desperada have plasma cannon HSL?

#60 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 March 2024 - 06:04 PM

Having massive lag and in game crashes after the patch.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users